• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
About the Robin vs. Chrom thing in the last page, you guys need to be more buddy-buddy like the K. Rool and Ridley threads are to each other.

If bipedal crocodile king and murderous space dragon supporters can get along, then surely FE fans can all be in agreement. :smash:
We're already buddy-buddy with Lucina, I'd say. The circumstances for Chrom to appear is not a matter of whether or not he should appear, but rather the matter of why he should appear. With Ridley and King K. Rool, they are largely inconsequential of each other. At worst we've had K. Rool and Dixie supports in a scuffle every now and then.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We're already buddy-buddy with Lucina, I'd say. The circumstances for Chrom to appear is not a matter of whether or not he should appear, but rather the matter of why he should appear. With Ridley and King K. Rool, they are largely inconsequential of each other. At worst we've had K. Rool and Dixie supports in a scuffle every now and then.
I was mostly being sarcastic (particularly with the second line).

I am curious to ask you guys though, assuming FE gets four slots (which I admittedly doubt), do you think it's more likely to get two Awakening reps, or one from awakening and Roy coming back?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I am curious to ask you guys though, assuming FE gets four slots (which I admittedly doubt), do you think it's more likely to get two Awakening reps, or one from awakening and Roy coming back?
Roy has the advantage of being a veteran, but Awakening is far more popular (receiving an international release helped, but it also sold better in Japan than Sword of Seals, not to forget all the merchandise it's getting), so it's not outright impossible to think the newcomers could be from that game if FE would get 4 reps in Smash 4. Personally, I'd rather have someone else from Awakening, not only because Roy was a clone, but also because I'm not all that fond for Sword of Seals, or Roys character as a whole.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

I'd say two Awakening reps, like how Melee had two Ocarina of Time reps.. Granted I haven't played Melee, but I don't quite see what is so special about Roy. From what I hear, he's a slower clone of Marth and uses flames somehow in his moveset...much like Ike. Plus, the game he was a part of was exclusive to Japan and had a bad reception compared to Blazing Sword. Please don't kill me you Roy supporters out there... If his game had a remake though, I might see him getting in Smash Bros. Just an opinion.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Honestly, if I had any say in character choices I'd have Marth, Ike, Roy, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Hector, Anna, Tiki, Kellam, Hector, Henry, Owain and Hector.
Probably a good thing I don't have any say on that huh

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Honestly, if I had any say in character choices I'd have Marth, Ike, Roy, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Hector, Anna, Tiki, Kellam, Hector, Henry, Owain and Hector.
I WANTED TIKIIIIIII :cry::cry::cry:

Just imagine, she could be with her Mar-Mar again in a 2v2 :c

Hong

The Strongest
If I were the director, I'd probably have had Marth and then someone that represents a whole different aspect of the series, like a different weapon class. I'd say that would be fair representation since I really don't think Fire Emblem needs more than that. Rather have given Ike's fighting style and attributes to someone else from another franchise.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If I were the director, I'd probably have had Marth and then someone that represents a whole different aspect of the series, like a different weapon class. I'd say that would be fair representation since I really don't think Fire Emblem needs more than that. Rather have given Ike's fighting style and attributes to someone else from another franchise.
I agree that it doesn't need more than two reps. I just know at this point, my bias level is well over 9000 and I couldn't have less than 3 reps. Plus I definitely couldn't do away with Ike since he's my favorite. Nope, I definitely couldn't be the director :awesome:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, Robin is being rated today in the RTC thread. I think this would be a great opportunity for us to show our support for the tactician. It would be nice if we could get some high want scores today. Maybe we can put Robin into the top 10 most wanted again.

Hong

The Strongest
Serious, non-condescending question:

Will it make Robin supporters happier to see her rated more highly in that topic?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Will it make Robin supporters happier to see her rated more highly in that topic?
Well, it would be nice to see that people do actually want the character we support.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Meh, the thread doesn't really matter for anything, I guess it would be nice but Rosalina got a 15% chance score.
But yeah, what @ False Sense False Sense said:
Well, it would be nice to see that people do actually want the character we support.
EDIT: I had too few "be"s. My god.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Meh, the thread doesn't really matter for anything, I guess it would nice but Rosalina got a 15% chance score.
But yeah, what @ False Sense False Sense said:
Oh, I really don't care about the actual chance score. That's going to be low, and rightfully so given the circumstances. But support for Robin has substantially grown recently, and I'd like to see that properly reflected in the want score.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I honestly don't see the point of that thread. The roster was decided a long, long time ago so whatever ratings characters get won't matter in the long run as proven by choices like Rosalina that barely got a score but ended up in the game anyway.

But it is something to pass the time and to see who the majority thinks is likely, so why not.

Hong

The Strongest
I like how there are so many FE character threads on the first page on the boards. Active FE discussion ftw!
People certainly want something, and I don't blame them.

Ike is probably the best lord, but even though he plays differently, it was still a bit of a sting. Ike is a better character than Lyn, no doubt about it... but even back then rather have had her back in the Brawl days, even though I am not a fan of the character. Fire Emblem fans hunger for diversity.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
A page late, but:
Let's play a little game:
If Robin was in Smash 4 and you had to choose...

1. Stumpy feet or Actual feet?
2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?!
3. What single song from Awakening if there was only one?
4. Hooded OR Female OR Male?
5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class?
1. Actual feet. If I remember right, everyone got Wind Waker feet in Awakening because Intelligent Systems was worried the character models would push the 3DS' processor to its limit and cause widespread lag and stuff. It turned out later they had nothing to worry about, and Smash definitely doesn't look like it'd have the same problem.
2. Rally Spectrum. Okay, so I'm biased. >_> It does check off a lot of things, though, being the Grandmaster capstone skill and one that benefits entire teams in a way that both mimics its source game and fits one of its major themes.
3. Id (Purpose) is my absolute favorite "final level" theme. The best part is, it's already in!
4. I guess I'd probably use Male!Robin since it's what I'm more used to. The good news is, we already know they're capable of putting both male and female versions in.
5. Ooh, that's a tough one. Sage, to keep the magic-using aspects and have a close enough feel to the Tactician class still? Also helps that the Sage robes are still pretty cool looking, even if it's not as badass as the Grandmaster outfit. >_>

(Holy crap, we've opened up a 5 game 50 post lead on the Shulk thread. o_O)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
So I rated Robin and Lucina today!

It's not like I like you people or anything, gosh! Don't think this means anything.

For a non-troll response:
1. Stumpy feet or Actual feet?
2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?!
3. What single song from Awakening if there was only one?
4. Hooded OR Female OR Male?
5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class?
1. Actual feet.
2. Grima
3. Serenity. Let me have it as menu music or something.
4. Female, easily.
5. Dark Flier

Hong

The Strongest
The results are about as one would expect. As popular as Awakening may be, the majority of people rating know nothing about Fire Emblem.

Ive seen you troll many boards you:b:. LEAVE. NOW.:mad:
If you truly believe someone is a troll, the worst thing you could do is feed them.

Hong

The Strongest
Aside from instances of spam (which he has already been recently warned on), at worse you can hold him accountable for poor character. That said, hurling insults is against the rules, and I would not recommend that anyone would continue to pursue him for his posts. It is his choice to exhaust the limitations of his infractions, and responding to them negatively is only going to get you in trouble.

If a user is committing actions that may or may not result in punishment, the most silly thing you can do is allow it to drag you down with them.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Aside from instances of spam (which he has already been recently warned on), at worse you can hold him accountable for poor character. That said, hurling insults is against the rules, and I would not recommend that anyone would continue to pursue him for his posts. It is his choice to exhaust the limitations of his infractions, and responding to them negatively is only going to get you in trouble.

If a user is committing actions that may or may not result in punishment, the most silly thing you can do is allow it to drag you down with them.
Agreed...

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.

Typical Hong, Actually respecting the rules...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Yeah, agreed :| That was probably the first post I made on these forums that I've immediately regretted

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
By the way, has there been a Robin figurine? I don't remember, there might be but I don't remember and I'm too lazy to google it but it's recently occured to me that they'll be getting an Amiibo figurine and that would be pretty awesome. EDIT: If he/she's in. I feel like I need at least 2 edits every post I make :|

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I rated Robin today.:upsidedown:

Man, I really need to participate more in that thread. I like reading their posts.

Hong

The Strongest
By the way, has there been a Robin figurine? I don't remember, there might be but I don't remember and I'm too lazy to google it but it's recently occured to me that they'll be getting an Amiibo figurine and that would be pretty awesome. EDIT: If he/she's in. I feel like I need at least 2 edits every post I make :|
Not yet, but I hope they make one of either both genders, one with a sword and one with a tome, or Robin and Morgan.
I like reading their posts.
That makes one of us. :b

Gosh. Sometimes I wonder why people even participate when they have not at least glanced over a wiki page of the character. I would feel embarrassed to make some of the statements people make, myself.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, judging by the rates so far, it seems people either absolutely love Robin, or don't care for Robin whatsoever.

I'm a little surprised to see a lot of people giving zeros, though.

Top Bottom