• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
The good news is, we already know they could have both male and female versions playable should Robin make it in. They already have male and female versions of the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, and alternate colors could also change Robin's hairstyle, hair color, and even parts of his/her face like the Villager does.
We NEED the ridiculous build 3 Super Sayain looking hair as one of female Robin's costumes.

It'd also be pretty nice to have the lil pompadour for the male version. ...preferably colored red...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I've been thinking for a couple days...you know who'd make a good Assist Trophy?

One of the khans.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I might've just had some more insight. An, uh...addendum to the addendum.

So the Gematsu leak looks very credible, at least...but there're still a lot of questions. One of the most important ones has to do with what Sal's source predicted before E3. While he got Palutena, Pac-Man, and the Mii Fighters right...didn't the source also predict Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men to be revealed (not just saying they're in like from a couple months ago, but outright predicting their reveal)? Now while they could've believed six newcomers would get revealed at E3, I doubt it, since they'd remember only three were revealed in the games' first appearance last year. With that in mind, it seems like throwing all six out there was like a shot in the dark...as if the source didn't actually know which ones they'd reveal.

And that raises a question: How recent is Sal's source's information?

Because...the stuff the source has hit and missed on suggests they're not getting as full a picture as a lot of people are assuming. The fact that the source brought up Little Mac around E3 2013, but missed Rosalina, makes their information seem incomplete...and I doubt they simply chose not to mention her due to thinking people were expecting her, since at least a handful (myself included) thought she'd only be an AT, and since later they went and namedropped Chrom despite more people expecting him. It's true they got the Mii Fighters' title correct...but how far back could that name have been decided? And the fact that they only mentioned "a Pokemon from X/Y" despite Greninja being chosen while the Kalosmons were still in the concept stage, and despite Sakurai reportedly hammering out all of his animations in one night, fast enough to have something substantial to look at? It sounds an awful lot like this source only knows so much.

So for all we know, this source may not have found out anything in the last few months. Meaning that if this "character discussion" has been going on for a while, the developers might've already second-guessed Chrom's inclusion, and the source hasn't found out because they haven't gained information since before then.

It'd also be good news for our non-tactician friends. If Sal's source is only getting incomplete info, it greatly increases the chance of there being other newcomers that--like Rosalina--they don't know about or haven't mentioned.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I might've just had some more insight. An, uh...addendum to the addendum.

So the Gematsu leak looks very credible, at least...but there're still a lot of questions. One of the most important ones has to do with what Sal's source predicted before E3. While he got Palutena, Pac-Man, and the Mii Fighters right...didn't the source also predict Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men to be revealed (not just saying they're in like from a couple months ago, but outright predicting their reveal)? Now while they could've believed six newcomers would get revealed at E3, I doubt it, since they'd remember only three were revealed in the games' first appearance last year. With that in mind, it seems like throwing all six out there was like a shot in the dark...as if the source didn't actually know which ones they'd reveal.

And that raises a question: How recent is Sal's source's information?

Because...the stuff the source has hit and missed on suggests they're not getting as full a picture as a lot of people are assuming. The fact that the source brought up Little Mac around E3 2013, but missed Rosalina, makes their information seem incomplete...and I doubt they simply chose not to mention her due to thinking people were expecting her, since at least a handful (myself included) thought she'd only be an AT, and since later they went and namedropped Chrom despite more people expecting him. It's true they got the Mii Fighters' title correct...but how far back could that name have been decided? And the fact that they only mentioned "a Pokemon from X/Y" despite Greninja being chosen while the Kalosmons were still in the concept stage, and despite Sakurai reportedly hammering out all of his animations in one night, fast enough to have something substantial to look at? It sounds an awful lot like this source only knows so much.

So for all we know, this source may not have found out anything in the last few months. Meaning that if this "character discussion" has been going on for a while, the developers might've already second-guessed Chrom's inclusion, and the source hasn't found out because they haven't gained information since before then.

It'd also be good news for our non-tactician friends. If Sal's source is only getting incomplete info, it greatly increases the chance of there being other newcomers that--like Rosalina--they don't know about or haven't mentioned.
Can you post in the Chrom thread? they have been celebrating like he's been confirmed, and go so far as trashing us for questioning the leak...

Hokori

Great King of Evil
In fact, a good bit of us are actually involved in multiple FE newcomer support threads. We're all FE fans so no need to go to war with each other. The difference lies within our preferences.

Ah, gotta love the FE debates :grin:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Can you post in the Chrom thread? they have been celebrating like he's been confirmed, and go so far as trashing us for questioning the leak...
Some Chrom supporters have been trashing you guys? Really? I've seen a few come into our thread and do the same thing. But trashing others just because of a character they support is a huge no-no. I'll set the mods on them!

I wish people wouldn't get so touchy, but FE debates in general tend to be...*sigh*

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Some Chrom supporters have been trashing you guys? Really? I've seen a few come into our thread and do the same thing. But trashing others just because of a character they support is a huge no-no. I'll set the mods on them!

I wish people wouldn't get so touchy, but FE debates in general tend to be...*sigh*
Dont worry... it was like one guy, and he was just acting as if chrom deconfirmed robin, because muhhhhh SAL LEAK!!!!
!!!

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace

It was the Frederick guy was saying "Robin supporters are saying the leaker saw FE13 character and assumed Chrom, pfft those knobs, they just won't accept their lord and savior Chrom" or something like that.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
With all the back and forth and some of the insults flying, you'd think this was a shipping war or something. >_>

I think this kind of problem comes up whenever there's competition, more so if the competitors are pretty equally matched. As soon as one side seems to have an edge, some of the more vocal supporters come out of the woodworks and start trash talking. It's just the most prominent between the Fire Emblem threads because there's upwards of 5 of them hoping to get into 1-2 roster spots. Like, for example, there doesn't seem to be much back-and-forth between the K. Rool and Dixie threads because the former is so overwhelmingly larger.

If the majority of the Chrom thread was doing it, there'd be a problem, but for now it seems more like all that needs to happen is for a few of their own to tell the idiots to knock it off. And if--or, hopefully, when--Robin gets confirmed at some point, no rubbing it in people's faces. Understood, everyone?

Besides, Lon'qu/Cherche works so damn well. He gets closure and everything. >_>

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I feel like people are just grasping at straws here because they would prefer Robin. But Chrom's fate in smash bros is already written!
he said this and another post I'm trying to find
With all the back and forth and some of the insults flying, you'd think this was a shipping war or something. >_>

I think this kind of problem comes up whenever there's competition, more so if the competitors are pretty equally matched. As soon as one side seems to have an edge, some of the more vocal supporters come out of the woodworks and start trash talking. It's just the most prominent between the Fire Emblem threads because there's upwards of 5 of them hoping to get into 1-2 roster spots. Like, for example, there doesn't seem to be much back-and-forth between the K. Rool and Dixie threads because the former is so overwhelmingly larger.

If the majority of the Chrom thread was doing it, there'd be a problem, but for now it seems more like all that needs to happen is for a few of their own to tell the idiots to knock it off. And if--or, hopefully, when--Robin gets confirmed at some point, no rubbing it in people's faces. Understood, everyone?

Besides, Lon'qu/Cherche works so damn well. He gets closure and everything. >_>
Lon'qu/Olivia all the way! Inigo is just soooooo ironic!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Leafeon is officially my archnemesis.
Let's not start insulting people behind there backs, ok? That sort of thing gives us Robin supporters a bad reputation.

Really, I don't want to see any fighting between Chrom supporters and Robin supporters. Just let people support what they support and be mature about it.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Let's not start insulting people behind there backs, ok? That sort of thing gives us Robin supporters a bad reputation.

Really, I don't want to see any fighting between Chrom supporters and Robin supporters. Just let people support what they support and be mature about it, ok?
It wasn't just because of his arrogant nature, it's because he implied that a slime was a better rep than both Robin and Erdrick. A. F-ING. SLIME!!!!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It wasn't just because of his arrogant nature, it's because he implied that a slime was a better rep than both Robin and Erdrick. A. F-ING. SLIME!!!!
Still, there's no need to talk bad about specific users here in a support thread. That kind of behavior won't get us anywhere.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Careful. What he said about Chrom being "already written" (and quoting Validar, ironically enough) might've been flame bait, but let's not start bashing people for their preference in newcomers.

Can we back it up a bit? What are everyone's thoughts on my argument above?

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Still, there's no need to talk bad about specific users here in a support thread. That kind of behavior won't get us anywhere.
Sorry, it's just that everything about his personality clashes with mine, he picked the worst of the eveelutions as his username, chose slime over the waaay more sensical Erdrick, has that beardless pansy frederick instaid of the mighty ox known as cervantes.... But i digress, it's like he chooses the face over the soul, the looks over the personality, the mustache over the beard.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Careful. What he said about Chrom being "already written" (and quoting Validar, ironically enough) might've been flame bait, but let's not start bashing people for their preference in newcomers.

it's a good argument, and just further cements that Chrom isn't confirmed yet.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, I think it all makes sense. A lot of what we've seen of the leak would strongly suggest that the information being provided is outdated, though still pretty accurate.

The big question though is whether or not Chrom would actually be "second-guessed." I mean, he is the most obvious choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer. Even if Robin is more ideal, that doesn't necessarily mean he/she would be chosen, especially if they already planned on having Chrom in at an early point in development. Basically, that theory is gambling on the idea that Sakurai changed his mind about a certain character mid-development. While I think it's within the realm of possibility, I find it unlikely. If Sakurai wanted Chrom, then that's probably who he's going to stick with, unless he encountered problems with the character while trying to make him playable. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for this scenario.

Though, I suppose that the little in game evidence we've seen so far regarding the matter does somewhat point towards Robin and away from Chrom. It probably doesn't mean that much in the end, but I guess it gives the idea a little more credibility.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well, I think it all makes sense. A lot of what we've seen of the leak would strongly suggest that the information being provided is outdated, though still pretty accurate.

The big question though is whether or not Chrom would actually be "second-guessed." I mean, he is the most obvious choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer. Even if Robin is more ideal, that doesn't necessarily mean he/she would be chosen, especially if they already planned on having Chrom in at an early point in development. Basically, that theory is gambling on the idea that Sakurai changed his mind about a certain character mid-development. While I think it's within the realm of possibility, I find it unlikely. If Sakurai wanted Chrom, then that's probably who he's going to stick with, unless he encountered problems with the character while trying to make him playable. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for this scenario.

Though, I suppose that the little in game evidence we've seen so far regarding the matter does somewhat point towards Robin and away from Chrom. It probably doesn't mean that much in the end, but I guess it gives the idea a little more credibility.
I think they planed on Chrom replacing Ike, but then decided to keep Ike, then Sakurai sees Chrom is hard to distinguish from the other FE reps, and puts Robin in Chrom's place.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman

I swear it's like just by making eye contact with posts i feel reasured and willing to do whatever you say. Like some sort of geass!

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Dont worry... it was like one guy, and he was just acting as if chrom deconfirmed robin, because muhhhhh SAL LEAK!!!!
!!!
I actually dislike the Sal leak. It's a hype killer if I ever saw one. And generally, always take them with a grain of salt, don't you think?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I actually dislike the Sal leak. It's a hype killer if I ever saw one. And generally, always take them with a grain of salt, don't you think?
Yeah... It's just that when people like leofeon start prancing around acting like douches EVERY SINGLE TIME fate SEEMS to be in their favor, i cant help but feel enraged. Maybye that's why i hate shokio so much.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Weren't you the guy who went in the Chrom thread like, "there's no way Chrom could ever be unique! Also, he'll obviously be thrown out of the roster when Smash 5 comes around!"

Any negative responses you received over there are probably your own doing....

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Just learn to completely disregard the leak if you haven't already. For the characters it leaked that have already been confirmed, cool. As for everything else, it's fair game and we'll just have to wait and see. That's the healthy thing to do anyway.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Weren't you the guy who went in the Chrom thread like, "there's no way Chrom could ever be unique! Also, he'll obviously be thrown out of the roster when Smash 5 comes around!"

Never said he couldn't be unique, just that he probably wont be, and there were negative responses BEFORE is stated that.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
He can't normally be this douchy right?

Look im not gonna act like iron fish is a saint cuz he aint, but that does not make the douches that come hear any less douchey.

Hong

The Strongest
What a mess. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Come on, folks. This ain't strategy.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Once again the sun descends slowly as another day passes. Will this thread have one day without being derailed? Will narwelgod do his master hong justice? Will lefeon and Ironfish stop fighting? Find out next day on Robin threadZ!!!

At this point, I can say with 99.5% confidence that not a day will go by where the thread is completely in tact and focused on whatever the subject of discussion is (regarding Robin). That's just the nature of support threads from what I've seen.

Top Bottom