• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Again, I apologize for not being active in this thread anymore. >~<
You are soooo adorable! :3 At least 3/5 on the IttsE scale! (Iwata trying to speak English)

@ Hokori Hokori That is amazing. 'Nuff said.

ToothiestAura said:
Watch, live, as your favorite Awakening characters dance and sing to such instant classics as, "I don't want to slay Dragons, I want to dance!" and "Down, jazz hands!"
Fire Emblem: Awakening: The Musical with Songs by Ninja Sex Party
I just want to dance
Dragon Slayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5abgDBQHPk
On a slightly off-topic note: I finally finished the Future Past DLC episodes. 1: Man did I not expect a 30 minute epilogue to that.
2: I think I can see a bit better now where all the Grimarobin love comes from
3: Man, having Robin and Tiki married surely adds another ironic twist to that one. Too bad "main" dimension Tiki doesn't have any extra dialogue in the DLC

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GIVE STRATEGY OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I am glad to see this thread isn't all dull with doom and gloom again. Sorry for anyone's cool ideas that were silent in the rush of Gematsu leak posts.
You are soooo adorable! :3 At least 3/5 on the IttsE scale! (Iwata trying to speak English)
I am not adorable. Why do people keep saying that? >.>

Hokori

Great King of Evil
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GIVE STRATEGY OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I am glad to see this thread isn't all dull with doom and gloom again. Sorry for anyone's cool ideas that were silent in the rush of Gematsu leak posts.
The mention of Chrom in the Gematsu leak effectively weakened the life in all other FE character support threads, which sucked because those just so happen to be the threads I frequent most. What keeps me positive is the fact that it's not like all characters were leaked, so things are definitely not finalized (things can change anyways), and there's always hope for DLC in the event that characters like Robin, Lucina, or Anna don't make the cut. No reason for negativity around here! :grin:

@ Xenorange Xenorange - I wouldn't put all of my stocks into that since it was just a demo..unless it has already been confirmed that there will only be a single victory pose, and that, I haven't seen.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How do the Morgan twins exist in the Future Past DLC exist if Robin is married to, say, Lucina?

Hong

The Strongest
D'aaaawwwww!
>~<
Is anybody else upset that each character only has 1 victory pose this time around?
That is because the demo build was made back in March and they probably only designed the victory screens at the last possible moment to have on the public build. It runs on the absolute bare minimum assets while still feeling like a genuine experience. It will probably be way prettier and more elaborate when the game ships, trust me.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
>~<
That is because the demo build was made back in March and they probably only designed the victory screens at the last possible moment to have on the public build. It runs on the absolute bare minimum assets while still feeling like a genuine experience. It will probably be way prettier and more elaborate when the game ships, trust me.
That's what I wanted to hear, feeling fully reassured now. What you just said makes loads of sense.

Edit: just putting this in to make sure you know that none of what just said was sarcastic.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
That's what I wanted to hear, feeling fully reassured now. What you just said makes loads of sense.

Edit: just putting this in to make sure you know that none of what just said was sarcastic.
Yeah, from my experience in game design and entertainment in general, we can be working on something for ages and it has no business being shipped any time soon, but it's like "OH BY THE WAY THERE IS A LOCAL FESTIVAL NEXT WEEK" or something and we are scrambling to get a working title screen and fill up all those areas you are not supposed to explore, so to speak. I would imagine the animation and modelling teams are up to their ears in more important stuff to work on.

Hong

The Strongest
I actually have a lot to say about the Gematsu leak and something to call to into question, but I'll save it for another day.
It comes with having a hexer as your spirit animal.
And how about yours? I think you would be the Monk. This one, specifically.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I've been wondering about something in the OP. Why are we using GBA Sage(?) sprites to border each section title? Wouldn't it make more sense to use these?

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That was my second guess, but I haven't played FE7 (even in middle school, I was broke >_>) and couldn't find the sprites anywhere. Serenes Forest didn't have them.

It'd still work a little better to use some sprites from Awakening, though, wouldn't it?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I actually have a lot to say about the Gematsu leak and something to call to into question, but I'll save it for another day.And how about yours? I think you would be the Monk. This one, specifically.
His epic beard fits, but having lost my title of warrior of beards, i must opt for sniper...
Dude has the sickest of pony tail though!

Also OP, how come you arent really active in this thread, i wanted my name to be added to the supporters list and last i checked i wasn't there, also you never comment.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
His epic beard fits, but having lost my title of warrior of beards, i must opt for sniper...
Dude has the sickest of pony tail though!

Also OP, how come you arent really active in this thread, i wanted my name to be added to the supporters list and last i checked i wasn't there, also you never comment.
He commented today... A post away from yours...

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
He commented today... A post away from yours...
I know, that's why i seesed the opportunity to post about him not being around a lot in the hopes that he would see it, since i already wrote my comment and didn't want to double post. Now that hong is a mod, i need to be careful, or else he might banish me and kill all my followers.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
>~<
I really thought I saw a Villager win screen where he was holding a bell. Maybe I'm going crazy.

But I like how the screen breaks or is sliced open when the game ends, though, I suppose this isn't really the topic to discuss it.

So, uh, how 'bout that Robin?
I'm going to weigh on on that 12 unique special moves idea someone had a few pages back (or stole form another topic, whatever). I think it would be a good way to show Robin's ability to switch between sword and time by making being able to change how much of each was used in her specials. I'll come up some ideas for then later, I guess.

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely at the point where I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

I have little to no doubt that Chrom is going to be in at this point, even if I think the Tactician is MUCH better.

That said, I'm still hoping to be surprised.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
That was my second guess, but I haven't played FE7 (even in middle school, I was broke >_>) and couldn't find the sprites anywhere. Serenes Forest didn't have them.

It'd still work a little better to use some sprites from Awakening, though, wouldn't it?
I considered that originally when I made the thread. I thought the simplicity of the FE7 sprites would be less distracting so I went with them. Also I liked the less than obvious easter egg of including the tactician from a previous game.

But I'll use the sprites you provided to replace the broken image at the bottom. :p
That shouldn't be there.
Sorry I missed your request. It should be there now. ;)
I'm a bit busy. I read most comments in the thread but sometimes if the thread moves extra fast like it has been lately, I'll skim through it or even miss a page.... or sometimes my alerts just stop working.
Other than that, everyone here does a great job of keeping the thread alive and covering every major point for any given discussion. I'm not usually one to repeat what was said, so I don't usually post.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
And can I offer the partial moveset I made a few days ago? Can it get noted as being a WIP so any would-be tacticians know it's not finished yet?

And maybe the music section could have a note next to Id (Purpose) saying it's confirmed to play on the Arena Ferox stage, and how that may be significant with how Melee handled most of its alternate themes.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Not here for Chrom. Robin or Lucina are more diverse characters with better stories, more interesting characteristics and are in fact a part of the 3 main characters of Awakening.

Honestly who can pass up that Grima final smash?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Honestly who can pass up that Grima final smash?
I could... Power of Friendship: Invisible Ties for the win!
Though Grima would be a close second for me ,especially if the link to Grima isn't shown in any other way.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
SAKUR-waitaminute. Considering all the work he's done fixing past mistakes for SSB4, I can't really use his name in vain. >_>

Rally Spectrum, Invisible Ties, Fell Dragon's Wrath...isn't the fact that practically all of us have come up with different, thematically viable Final Smashes proof of how much potential Robin has as a character? One can only hope the developers realize it...

...I mean, our worst possible scenario here is for Robin to turn up as an AT...or worse, show up in part of Chrom's Final Smash. That'd be a nail in the coffin. No hope to be playable, not even as DLC.

Hong

The Strongest
Rally Spectrum, Invisible Ties, Fell Dragon's Wrath...isn't the fact that practically all of us have come up with different, thematically viable Final Smashes proof of how much potential Robin has as a character?
You forgot Great Ignis.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
SAKUR-waitaminute. Considering all the work he's done fixing past mistakes for SSB4, I can't really use his name in vain. >_>

Rally Spectrum, Invisible Ties, Fell Dragon's Wrath...isn't the fact that practically all of us have come up with different, thematically viable Final Smashes proof of how much potential Robin has as a character? One can only hope the developers realize it...

...I mean, our worst possible scenario here is for Robin to turn up as an AT...or worse, show up in part of Chrom's Final Smash. That'd be a nail in the coffin. No hope to be playable, not even as DLC.
What would you do if he were part of Lucina's Final Smash?

Hong

The Strongest
No way, He/she is too cute for smash.
I disagree.

Morgan being more cute is enough reason to justify having her over Robin. Serious, mature, try-hard characters are soooooooo boring in comparison, in my opinion. The novelty of someone like Zelda losing her dignity by being plastered on the screen when she dies will become increasingly less novel as we have more and more serious characters.

Top Bottom