• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, I got a question for you guys, if the Tactitians don't return in future FE installments, will you still support him for Smash 5, or will you fade away from him?
Probably, because Robin still represents Fire Emblem tactics as a whole. And Tacticians are still a staple prior to Awakening, anyway. They're just either not playable or aren't a customizable character.

Speaking of which, we should totally have a Soren "male" recolor if Robin is playable. :p

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'd still support Robin, even though his chances would be substantially lower in SSB5 due to not being as relevant.

(Then again, Red and his mons made it into Brawl despite being three gens behind...)

Hong

The Strongest
I still think the niche is unexplored.

I don't care if it's Celica, Robin, or Alm (Dread Fighter). Also, Leif could theoretically cover all the same bases, too.

Robin has the benefit of being internationally recognized, and IMO looks better than the others, so I'd prefer her.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do you guys think Robin will be in SMTXFE?
If Robin makes it into Smash Bros., yes. If not, then I'd say no. If Robin makes it to Smash Bros. they'd probably use Robin's Smash Bros. design to keep him/her consistent (mostlikely basing it on Robin's "default" white-haired base look).

Hong

The Strongest
With more detailed victory poses this time around, what poses do you think Robin could have?
One where she is sitting there reading a book, not at all celebratory and completely ignorant of the camera.

Another where she is facing away, hood up, resonating dark flames, and when she looks at the camera she has the evil Grima face thing.

And of course as per Fire Emblem norm, needs some victory pose where she does something fancy with her sword and says any number of one-liners.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Hexer is my spirit animal.
I tend to lean towards the Ronin myself. Such a great boss killer, But such a sucky mob killer (unless you give it a good Grimoire then it has the potential to be a great mob killer). But that is for EOU.

For EO4 it is the Imperial all the way.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
One where she is sitting there reading a book, not at all celebratory and completely ignorant of the camera.

Another where she is facing away, hood up, resonating dark flames, and when she looks at the camera she has the evil Grima face thing.

And of course as per Fire Emblem norm, needs some victory pose where she does something fancy with her sword and says any number of one-liners.
Like for the reading one S/He could say "now that's a strategy"

But I think if there were to be one wit Grima, it would be very brief, changing back quickly.

I think one I'd like to see would be Himer reading the book, then noticing s/he won and acting victorious, or something along those lines

I would like Robin's one liners to sound "geekier" or "respectful" like: "Checkmate" or "Nicely Done" I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've never played a FE game.
...I really need to get one.
But I support Robin, some Magic users that AREN'T ZELDA will be a nice addition. (And maybe Black Mage)
Also, 250th post. Huzzahs are in order.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well let's see. Marth's line is "Look at me!" and Ike's is "Prepare Yourself!", Project M Roy's is "I won't lose!" but that doesn't count. So Robin's line wouldn't have to be from the game. Though "Checkmate!" would be my ideal one, something more original works as well. Maybe something like "I will not falter", which actually sounds true to Robin's character now that I think about it lol.

Hong

The Strongest
"Now that's strategy!" is a pretty cool way to sass someone after you've KOd them.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
"Now that's strategy!" is a pretty cool way to sass someone after you've KOd them.
I think it would be a rather hilarious taunt to use after someone accidentally self-destructs.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
So, I got a question for you guys, if the Tactitians don't return in future FE installments, will you still support him for Smash 5, or will you fade away from him?
Unless someone becomes more unique I will retain my support. The tactician class/role is also arguably the most important.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'd still support Robin, even though his chances would be substantially lower in SSB5 due to not being as relevant.

(Then again, Red and his mons made it into Brawl despite being three gens behind...)
Red is probably the most relevant not included SSB4 character of all Nintendo.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I would disagree.

She has expressed a sense of humour in some of her supports, just not to the degree of other characters such as Lissa.
Well I know S/He has a very joking side but it tends to be separate from his "combat" side

IronFish

Smash Ace
But she is snide in combat in her own game becaaaaauuuuse?
Well I don't know, that kinda goes for all characters in battle... Robin is just always polite, but still sometimes trolly, that's what I like about himer the most. Maybe it's just me.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I could see a couple victory poses:
-Holding a tome in one hand, Robin raises the opposite hand, then brings it down and over his chest. The screen freezes to show his name as he begins to bow. After the freeze, Robin finishes bowing and says "Nicely done."
-Robin flips his sword into the air alongside him, lets it spin around once, then catches it by the hilt and points it forward (being the direction he's facing, not straight at the screen). The screen freezes to show his name, and afterward he holds the pose and says "Now that's what I call progress!"

...Of course, that second one would count on getting David Vincent and Michelle Ruff to come in and record the line. Depends on how practical it'd be.

(And I'd rather have "Now that's strategy" used in a taunt. >_>)

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
It's been 6 years since Brawl if I'm not mistaken. It was 6 years between Radiant Dawn and Awakening (yes, not counting the DS remakes). I think Robin has a good chance of being in the next Smash depending on when the next Fire Emblem arrives, especially if they do go the safe route and make a sequel to Awakening.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'd also like to see "This is how it's done!" as either a taunt or a victory quote. Best as whatever "Now that's strategy!" isn't.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well I don't know, that kinda goes for all characters in battle... Robin is just always polite, but still sometimes trolly, that's what I like about himer the most. Maybe it's just me.
Robin does say that during fights in Awakening, though. So I don't see why it wouldn't make sense to use that line during fights in Smash Bros.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have to agree, honestly. I think the only chance for Robin is if the leaker got the name Chrom wrong in the leaks and its actually Robin. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Kirby should get 4 reps before FE does...

And for me I'll be flat out pissed at Sakurai if he put Chrom in over Robin... Chrom is just SO boring...
I think DK would get four reps before both of them. Agreed on Robin vs. Chrom, though, Robin would fit better overall especially due to being a Tactician as tactics are what Fire Emblem is all about.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I think Kirby should get 4 reps before FE does...
I think DK would get four reps before both of them.
It...depends. Character representation seems doesn't depend just on the popularity of the franchise. There was only one rep from the Kirby series in Melee despite Pokemon going up to 4, and Mario and The Legend of Zelda had no net gain in Brawl. There also needs to be viable characters. Bandana Dee I could see on a 51-roster, as well as one new DKC rep, but two would be pushing it. Meanwhile, Fire Emblem has a ton of characters, including one very important one from a very well-received new game...

It's a possibility, at least. /shrug

That said, even if we end up with the worst case scenario (47 characters, no newcomers we don't already know about), I could see Robin, Bandana Dee, and King K. Rool all making it as DLC. Unless the devs only add in veterans for some stupid reason...

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
It...depends. Character representation seems doesn't depend just on the popularity of the franchise. There was only one rep from the Kirby series in Melee despite Pokemon going up to 4, and Mario and The Legend of Zelda had no net gain in Brawl. There also needs to be viable characters. Bandana Dee I could see on a 51-roster, as well as one new DKC rep, but two would be pushing it. Meanwhile, Fire Emblem has a ton of characters, including one very important one from a very well-received new game...

That said, even if we end up with the worst case scenario (47 characters, no newcomers we don't already know about), I could see Robin, Bandana Dee, and King K. Rool all making it as DLC. Unless the devs only add in veterans for some stupid reason...
Well in the case of BD, Kirby is one of Nintendo's "All-Stars" along with Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon, and of all of those it's the only one that has less than 4 reps, so BD needs to be in, not for character popularity but series popularity. Just my 2 bits...

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.

You seem like a nice a guy, i give you my blessing.
Well in the case of BD, Kirby is one of Nintendo's "All-Stars" along with Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon, and of all of those it's the only one that has less than 4 reps, so BD needs to be in, not for character popularity but series popularity. Just my 2 bits...
No magalor?

Top Bottom