• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Manakate Morgan with Nah as the mother won't seem so cute when she's eating all of the characters alive. Srsly.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I disagree.

Morgan being more cute is enough reason to justify having her over Robin. Serious, mature, try-hard characters are soooooooo boring in comparison, in my opinion. The novelty of someone like Zelda losing her dignity by being plastered on the screen when she dies will become increasingly less novel as we have more and more serious characters.
But if they add him/her in smash they'll have to downscale her cuteness.

Manakate Morgan with Nah as the mother won't seem so cute when she's eating all of the characters alive. Srsly.
With those tiny little manakete teeth of hers i doubt she even can.
I double posted! Hong please forgive me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
It's obvious she's too cute for smash, so excuse me while i give you no insight whetsoever as to why that is the truth other than my one perception glorified as a fact.
Yoshi, Luma and Dedede turned out well... I think they know what cute is.
Speaking of cuteness, is it okay with you if i added apprentice of hong in all of my future refrences?
You can put in your sig if you want. As long as you don't pretend to represent me, I don't care.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
How exactly would "invisible ties" work? O.o
Drakonis said:
Ultra Smash: Invisible Ties
The critical hit close-up from Awakening appears as Robin proclames: "Time to tip the scales!"
One after another several Awakening Characters come in and attack Robin's foes before jumping off-screen and making room for the next one to attack.
I imagined this order (presuming none of these would make it as Characters or Assist Trophies):
Chrom, Lucina, Morgan, Lissa, Tharja, Frederick, Vaike, Tiki
Of course that list is mostly arbitrary aside from Lissa and Morgan who'd already have models in the game from Robin's up B and down B. Tiki would make a good finisher and you have to cram Chrom and Lucina in if they don't make any other appearance in the game. Tharja, Vaike and Frederick are basicly just in to have a few more character styles represented.
Another possible list would be all the characters that have a special Beach/Hot Springs DLC image since that was based on a popularity poll at the time as far as I know.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi, Luma and Dedede turned out well... I think they know what cute is.
You can put in your sig if you want. As long as you don't pretend to represent me, I don't care.
I shall do my master justice.
Besides those weren't nearly as cute as morgan, never had an official cuteness, and were all cartoony, waaayyy easier to decute.
But would you S rank support him?
Better he'll X rank support him!Embarrass

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, uh, not to beat a dead horse, but what's the possibility of both Chrom and Robin being playable? Has there been two newcomers from a single franchise ever present in one Smash Bros game?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Wait, Ganondorf had a sword in his Melee appearance? :D
Probably never used it outside of victory screens.

Also I love that picture PegaPonyPrincess posted :D

Gonna rework my moveset for the 12 move system...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So it has happened, at least. Even though Fire Emblem may not be as well known as Zelda, Kirby, or Pokemon...and even though in most of those cases--and in Fire Emblem's only other case--one of the two newcomers was a clone...

Then again, perhaps Robin would be the original character and Chrom the half-clone of an existing one? >_> (only partially serious)

The way we keep trading the #5 rank with the Shulk thread feels like two teams fighting for a wild card spot. Wonder if we could pull some kind of mid-season trade...

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Here's my new and improved moveset for 12 Specials! The basic idea was to give every special a Sword, a Magic and an alternate Weapon option to represent the multiclassing capabilities of our most favorite Tactitian. Side B is a bit special in that 1 and 2 both use magic as well as physical strikes.

Neutral B 1: Thoron
Robin throws the good' ol lance of thunder foward. It has a short casting time before shooting out a long, straight beam of lighting that stays on screen for a short while and deals good damage and decent knockback. The opponents in the area will just have enough time to anticipate the casting delay and dodge to stay unharmed. Robin has to stay in place for the entire duration of the spell and a very short time after, so it's powerful but highly punishable.

Neutral B 2: Vantage
Robin will very quickly strike upwards in an arc with a sword, launching enemies for combos.

Neutral B 3: Bowfaire
Robin pulls out a bow and starts drawing the string, similiar to Link. However, instead of increasing the range and power of a single arrow, the time spend charged changes the amount of shots fired consecutively. When fully charged, four arrows are shot quickly after another. You can aim while drawing and firing, but Robin is immobile during the attack.

Side B 1: Ignis
Robin draws a sword, prepares to jump and attacks, based on weither or not you press B immediately after the attack again:
No additional button press: Robin jumps foward (similiar to his/her Tactician/Grand master Critical/Skill Proc animation), imbuing his blade with magic mid-air and landing a hard-hitting strike.
directly after side B: Instead of jumping foward Robin fakes out, almost instantly firing a short range magic attack after which he/she dashes foward to further punish the opponent with the sword.

Side B 2: Astra
Think Mar Mar's Dancing Blade, but with a catch. Instead of changing how the next sword strike is perfomed, your directional input changes weither Robin strikes with his/her sword in close quarters or with a small magic spell (fire, bolt, wind) with some range.

Side B 3: Throwing Axe
Robin strikes with an axe. If the hit connects, the enemy will be staggered but not recieve any knockback. If it misses, he/she instead throws the axe forward which deals slight knockback.

Up B 1: Galeforce
Robin strikes skywards in a corkscrew (think that one attack animation he/she has). Worse than mediocre recovery range. However, if you hit an enemy with it, Robin will not be put into helpless, regain the second jump and can use Galeforce again.

Up B 2: Excalibur
Robin creates a tornado with great vertical range around him/her and is carried upwards by it. Mediocre recovery.

Up B 3: Rescue Staff
Robin pulls out a rescue staff, charges it and throws it upwards. You can aim the throw a little bit and Robin is teleportet to the staff at the throw's apex. Enemies hit by the staff will take a tiny amount of damage and won't stagger. Good range.

Down B 1: Dual Guard
Morgan (appropriately of opposite gender to the chosen Robin skin) jumps onto the battlefield, pushing Robin behind the enemy and blocking the attack. Robin immediately counter attacks with a sword.
Mechanicly, this is basicly just a fancier looking version of Marth, Roy and Ike's down B counter attack that hits the enemy from the opposite direction. To put a bit more unique flare into it, Morgan always jumps in and pushesRobin. If no attack is blocked, Robin won't counter attack and stumble, leaving him/her open for an attack! Basicly a higher risk/reward version of the usual FE Counter.

Down B 2: Flux
Robin immediately jumps backwards and creates a dark zone where he/she stood. Shortly after, a ball of dark energy appears above the zone, raining down on it, dealing decent damage and spiking enemies.

Down B 3: Lance
Robin pulls out a lance or spear and positions it diagonal to punish attackers from above. Hitting an opponent will impale him or her on it and Robin can carry them around for a short while like DK, Kirby or Dedede before the enemy breaks free. On hitting the attack button again Robin pulls in the spear, grabbing the opponent.

Final Smash: Invisible Ties
The screen halts as a small closeup of Robin's eyes flashes over the screen as he/she announces: "Time to tip the scales!"
For the next few (5-8) of Robin's attacks, an Awakening character will jump in from off-screen and strike at the enemy for added damage and knockback. The order of appearing characters is set but every single one has a unique attack so you can't just evade every single one the same way.

If there are multiple FSs to choose from, my other options would be Grima and S Ranking :D

@ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man please replace my old one with this on the first post.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
So it has happened, at least.

The way we keep trading the #5 spot with the Shulk thread feels like two teams fighting for a wild card spot. Wonder if we could pull some kind of mid-season trade...
I like to think that shulk and robin are related somehow, it your post ironic, Somehow...
Every single time i remember the move set i want to post, i already posted or replied, STOP MOCKING ME BY POSTING MOVE SETS G-DAMMIT!!!

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
@ Drakonis Drakonis Hehe, you said "Mar Mar". How adorable. (・ω・)
And unlike you, I'm not even ashamed of it :3 ;)
Also dagnabbit, I forgot to include a dark magic attack. Changing Bolganone to Flux right now.
EDIT: changed.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
ROBIN CANT USE STAVES OR DARK MAGIC!!!!
I'm fairly certain Robin can become a Priest and a Dark Mage :p
And if you're only talking about Tactitian Robin you should have more problems with my moveset than just that :D

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly certain Robin can become a Priest and a Dark Mage :p
And if you're only talking about Tactitian Robin you should have more problems with my moveset than just that :D
Im the same guy that wonders why in Dragon quest 9, A dog is stronger than the final boss, Not a legendary dog, Not even a godly one, JUST. ONE. F-ING. DOG.
And it's not like the final boss is weak either, he was strong enough to be able to end the world!

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I disagree.

Morgan being more cute is enough reason to justify having her over Robin. Serious, mature, try-hard characters are soooooooo boring in comparison, in my opinion. The novelty of someone like Zelda losing her dignity by being plastered on the screen when she dies will become increasingly less novel as we have more and more serious characters.
You said her Morgan! That means you like male Robin!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I wonder which Robin will be the main Robin'. Female or male?
Probably... ambigous hooded Robin. Wouldn't mind either of the three though, I'd just be happy to see Robin in the game either way.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hooded Robin would be okay I guess, but what about the voice acting?
That is actually a really good question.
Hm. Maybe randomized at the match start. That's the best thing I can think of without loosing the ambiguity about what is under the hood.
Or just both voices mixed together really well and played on kind of a low volume. But that might come off as odd.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
That is actually a really good question.
Hm. Maybe randomized at the match start. That's the best thing I can think of without loosing the ambiguity about what is under the hood.
Or just both voices mixed together really well and played on kind of a low volume. But that might come off as odd.
Guess Robin could always pull a Lucina. :p

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Did I really just read an entire page regarding Robin/Morgan's cuteness?

I swear this thread rivals Ridley's in terms of bizarre topics...

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I wonder which Robin will be the main Robin'. Female or male?
...Pretty hard to say, actually. Seems like promotional stuff (that doesn't put Robin's hood up) uses the male and female versions equally.

I bet they'd find some way to incorporate both versions into their trophies, at least.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
I actually envision them having a hooded Robin as the default and you select male or female from there. And the trophies could be similar to how they were done with transformation characters in the past.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm definitely a supporter. I'm still definitely pro-Chrom but I feel like Robin would bring a way different style to Smash than Chrom would.

I'm on my second playthrough of Awakening, this time I went with female/tallest/light green hair Robin and you have no idea how much I'd like it if she were in the game. I find her much more likable than male Robin to be honest... The only drawback is male Morgan. That part's pretty unfortunate but completely unrelated to Smash.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
The good news is, we already know they could have both male and female versions playable should Robin make it in. They already have male and female versions of the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, and alternate colors could also change Robin's hairstyle, hair color, and even parts of his/her face like the Villager does.

Top Bottom