• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
At this point, I can say with 99.5% confidence that not a day will go by where the thread is completely in tact and focused on whatever the subject of discussion is (regarding Robin). That's just the nature of support threads from what I've seen.
I don't mind that. Just as long as it's not talking about forum politics between character support threads.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Never said he couldn't be unique, just that he probably wont be, and there were negative responses BEFORE is stated that.
Probably wont be?
If Chrom DOES get in he is going to be this game's Lucas and be a clone of Marth and be the first one on the chopping block come smash 5 honestly. Denying it is grasping at straws.
Either way, practically all the negative responses over there (toward fans of another FE rep) have seemingly stemmed from negativity on their (the other rep supporters) part. I'm sure there are some without this reasoning, but I don't recall any at the moment. I'm sorry for any randomly offensive comments (like something Xenoblaze might say on the Chrom thread).

I actually dislike the Sal leak. It's a hype killer if I ever saw one. And generally, always take them with a grain of salt, don't you think?
I remember when the DLC characters for Injustice were leaked early (those in the season pass). Very few actually liked the choices, and we still kept hope that the leak was fake until it was eventually confirmed. Despite some of us being left disappointed, they went on to release 2 characters outside of the pass, and fans of those certain characters were finally happy. The leak we have here isn't the "final word" on all of this game's characters either, so accepting that the leak can be true shouldn't burn out your support for a character.

It's never ok to lose hope, but people that hope don't always get what they want. Keep on supporting the characters that you would like in, because a chance still remains.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
he said this and another post I'm trying to find

Lon'qu/Olivia all the way! Inigo is just soooooo ironic!
It wasn't very nice to take my post out of context like that. I said that the thought of Robin being in gematsu is incorrect, not that Robin of being in smash 4 incorrect. Try and keep the threads separated.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I haven't been squared away on all the threads, so I don't know exactly what went on. Perhaps I jumped the gun a little. either way, we're better off mending bridges than burning them. How the hell else will we have a chance of catching up to Bandana Dee and Mewtwo? >_>

I remember when the DLC characters for Injustice were leaked early (those in the season pass). Very few actually liked the choices, and we still kept hope that the leak was fake until it was eventually confirmed. Despite some of us being left disappointed, they went on to release 2 characters outside of the pass, and fans of those certain characters were finally happy. The leak we have here isn't the "final word" on all of this game's characters either, so accepting that the leak can be true shouldn't burn out your support for a character.
Can I thank you? I've been as hopeful as everyone else in here that the leak was incomplete or outdated...but I can't stop remembering what happened with Brawl. The 35 (39 w/ transformations) character roster started making the rounds a few months before release, everyone hated it because of how disappointing it looked compared to all these grand ideas we had...and then it turned out to be real. I guess part of me is still a cynic on the inside, afraid our worst hopes will still come to pass, that no matter what proof or skepticism we have, that it's...already written.

But your example didn't end that way. Even if it was just a couple more DLC characters than what was leaked, it's reason to believe our leaker missed some things. Hope will never die, right?

...Or at least as long as newcomer DLC is a thing. If Robin doesn't make the initial roster and doesn't show up as an AT or part of Chrom's Final Smash, he/she'd be the best pick for another Fire Emblem rep.

Unless the DLC is all veterans, for some questionable reason...and even that thought has me concerned.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
The power struggle between Robin and Shulk continues!

...At the time of writing, Robin's winning.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
At the rate both threads are going, we'll probably be so focused on pulling away from each other that we'll both pass Bandana Dee without even realizing it. >_>

(Then again, considering ours started 9 months late, if we had this same rate of posts since June '12 we'd have over 5,000 by now, which would've been #3 even before Palutena was confirmed. Let no one say there isn't a following.)

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I feel like a broken record for saying it, but I think there's enough ways that Robin might make it, even if most of them are unlikely at this point.
Leak being false (looks unlikely though), leak not having all and/or outdated info (Rosalina 4tw) and thus Chrom and Robin being in so the Bromance continues, DLC...

Honestly I'm kinda sick of that topic since most people seem to keep saying the same stuff about it since we got out of the post E3-blues. Even though I have to admit that Delzethin and False Sense did make some great analysis of the current situation.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Robin has very good chances considering he/she is a diverse main character of Awakening, utilizes both magic and swords as a tactician, and can turn into freakin' Grima.
Gematsu lost some credibility for the 2nd leak so I'm hesitant to give it the slightest sense of authenticity until 100% proven otherwise.

Hong

The Strongest
While I haven't posted in the Gematsu leak thread, my general belief is the leaker merely screens the content that would be shown at e3. Since, you know, there are many legal and courteous reasons for why you would want to review what companies will be showing to thousands in an audience and millions around the world. Of course there is some truth in the leak... Wii Fit Trainer could be a lucky guess, but "Mii Fighter' specifically says a lot. Aside from the fact they got the specific terminology, they got the specific terminology used for the character in localization.

And yeah, I personally believe the "leaker" padded genuine information with some reasonable guesses. No one should be counting their days yet. Whether they got information from early development (I doubt) or simply knew the programming that would be featured at e3, it's objectively incomplete and outdated in any event.

Hong

The Strongest
Kinda like the map in Awakening where we're fighting on Grima's back? :070:
Well, Grima is obviously a pipsqueak compared to Ridley. Maybe Grima will fly by every now and then function as a platform.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Welcome to the Robin for Smash 4 thread, where we talk about every other highly anticipated newcomer BUT Robin :D

Let's play a little game:
If Robin was in Smash 4 and you had to choose...

1. Stumpy feet or Actual feet?
2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?!
3. What single song from Awakening if there was only one?
4. Hooded OR Female OR Male?
5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class?

My answers in the spoiler.
1. Actual feet. I'm not a big fan of the stumps, even though the game makes it really easy to forget them.
2. Well, since I (IIRC) named it that, Invisible Ties. Would be fine with Grima, too.
3. Relatively clearly Id Purpose for me. Though I'd seriously hate getting only one... but that's kind of the point of the question. I wonder if we'll have any variety here.
4. In the interest of fairness I'd probably go with Hooded, but I lean more towards male... and from what I've seen so far I'm in a vast minority on that one :D
5. I really like the Hero class, but it'd just be melee attacks and throwing axes. If gender specific classes are an option Dread Fighter, if not probably Dark Knight.

Hong

The Strongest
2. Final Smash: What's your choice? Grima? Team Up/Invisible Ties? Rally Spectrum? S Ranking?!
5. Robin is in, but NOT as a Tactician or Grandmaster. What class?]
1. No legs. Floating cybernetic upperbody.
2. Summons Batman to fight for you.
3. Um... not really my style. The lead singer kind of creeps me out. Fault, I guess?
4. Hijra
5. Math

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
It wasn't very nice to take my post out of context like that. I said that the thought of Robin being in gematsu is incorrect, not that Robin of being in smash 4 incorrect. Try and keep the threads separated.
Is it okay if i name you my archnemesis from now on?
Welcome to the Robin for Smash 4 thread, where we talk about every other highly anticipated newcomer BUT Robin :D

1. Hands
2. Krume the blue haired mystletainn only wielding robin replaces him forever.
3. Linkin Park Feat. Sega bass fishing
4. Bikini robin
5.Blue haired Lord

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

1. Feet. Please. Sometimes, the whole stumpy feet thing really ruined the mood for me while playing awakening.
2. Grima, of course.
3. Id Purpose, Robin's ultimate song.
4. Eh...If I had to choose between the three, I'd have to say female Robin.
5. Grima class...! or Sorcerer.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

1. Actual feet. I'm not a big fan of the stumps, even though the game makes it really easy to forget them.
2. Well, since I (IIRC) named it that, Invisible Ties. Would be fine with Grima, too.
3. Relatively clearly Id Purpose for me. Though I'd seriously hate getting only one... but that's kind of the point of the question. I wonder if we'll have any variety here.
4. In the interest of fairness I'd probably go with Hooded, but I lean more towards male... and from what I've seen so far I'm in a vast minority on that one :D
5. I really like the Hero class, but it'd just be melee attacks and throwing axes. If gender specific classes are an option Dread Fighter, if not probably Dark Knight.
1. Actual Feet (is this really even a question?)
2. Grima
3. Id Purpose
4. Hooded to be fair, I suppose, though I would personally prefer Male Robin.
5. If it counts, Grima class. Otherwise, probably Sage/Sorcerer. Robin has to use some kind of magic.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
While I haven't posted in the Gematsu leak thread, my general belief is the leaker merely screens the content that would be shown at e3. Since, you know, there are many legal and courteous reasons for why you would want to review what companies will be showing to thousands in an audience and millions around the world. Of course there is some truth in the leak... Wii Fit Trainer could be a lucky guess, but "Mii Fighter' specifically says a lot. Aside from the fact they got the specific terminology, they got the specific terminology used for the character in localization.

And yeah, I personally believe the "leaker" padded genuine information with some reasonable guesses. No one should be counting their days yet. Whether they got information from early development (I doubt) or simply knew the programming that would be featured at e3, it's objectively incomplete and outdated in any event.
This is exactly my thought. The only truly impressive leaks from him have come the day before/day of E3 which suggests to me he's an E3 insider. The rest of the stuff was good guesses and the second part of the leak has little to no support. I'm not worried if it ends up being true, though. The leaker never said this was the full list of newcomers, so some surprises are still possible. And Robin was a long shot anyway.

Hong

The Strongest
Sakurai claims to have finalized a list of characters from the beginning. I am sure this is partially true, and after Brawl he won't just allow them to go crazy with more and more characters late in development.

That said, nothing in the world of game development will follow exactly as planned. I am sure within the first year of development, some character were scrapped or replaced. It is 100% unrealistic to expect any developer, or honestly anyone in the entertainment industry at large, to follow the agenda to a tee. It never, ever, ever happens.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Sakurai claims to have finalized a list of characters from the beginning. I am sure this is partially true, and after Brawl he won't just allow them to go crazy with more and more characters late in development.

That said, nothing in the world of game development will follow exactly as planned. I am sure within the first year of development, some character were scrapped or replaced. It is 100% unrealistic to expect any developer, or honestly anyone in the entertainment industry at large, to follow the agenda to a tee. It never, ever, ever happens.
Yes, this also seems like a big possibility. Even assuming the leak is 100% legit there is no reason some changes didn't happen. The assumption over at the "Chorus Men" topic is that they would be a trio, as they are in the game, and that presents many issues. Ice Climbers are problem enough as a duo so perhaps that idea was scrapped entirely. And there's also no reason another character couldn't be added if development was going smoothly.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
1. Actual Feet (is this really even a question?)
2. Grima
3. Id Purpose
4. Hooded to be fair, I suppose, though I would personally prefer Male Robin.
5. If it counts, Grima class. Otherwise, probably Sage/Sorcerer. Robin has to use some kind of magic.
Well, technically, we already got number three. Which is awesome, by the way. When I first heard it in Arena Ferox, I nearly cried.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, technically, we already got number three. Which is awesome, by the way. When I first heard it in Arena Ferox, I nearly cried.
Yeah, I'm really glad we'll have that in the game no matter what. It's easily my favorite track in the game, and that's saying something as I thought the entire soundtrack was good at worst and for the most part amazing.
Conquest (and it's Ablaze), Chaos Ablaze (those heavy drums in the first part~ :3) and Don't Speak Her Name! are probably my other favorites.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
About the Robin vs. Chrom thing in the last page, you guys need to be more buddy-buddy like the K. Rool and Ridley threads are to each other.

If bipedal crocodile king and murderous space dragon supporters can get along, then surely FE fans can all be in agreement. :smash:

Top Bottom