• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
You can't have an Anime discussion without Full metal Alchemist brotherhood can you?
Go watch that, Gintama, and Neon Genesis Evangelion with the original ending, and I guarantee that at least one of your top five will hit the curb. Gintama can be found on crunchy roll for free, FMA on Netflix and NGE on god knows where.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My anime experience is limited, but since they haven't been mentioned yet, I'll throw Baccano!, Desert Punk, and Sgt. Frog in for consideration. If you have to pick just one, run with the first.

Now then.

Everyone ready for the Splatoon Global Test Fire?

THE HYPE.
Somehow I missed this.

I welcome the hype and server overload with open arms.

The Prince class from Etrian Odyssey, which is now known as the Sovereign.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=49311448
That's a pretty baller avi, chief.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
*Irrelevant text removed*
If you get rid of the URL in part of the picture in your sig, you'll be able to easily click on the picture to see the whole thing right here.

Yes, I know, SmashBoards is a little chincy on how much of your signature they show you.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Cross X123

Banned via Warnings
So, how is Tokyo Ghoul?

I've heard very little... Only that it's popular.
It's very good.

It's basically about these man eating creatures called ghouls who eat humans cause they need to.

I will tell you more in a conversation.

But for now it needs to be at the top of your watch now list.

15/10

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's very good.

It's basically about these man eating creatures called ghouls who eat humans cause they need to.

I will tell you more in a conversation.

But for now it needs to be at the top of your watch now list.

15/10
inb4 AOT comparisons. XD

How's the character development? Pacing?

Cross X123

Banned via Warnings
inb4 AOT comparisons. XD

How's the character development? Pacing?
OHHHHH... If you want character development, then your going to go crazy for the show. The characters are amazing in this show!

The season one is 12 episodes long with each episode being really really good.
20/10

sorry for my grammar. you need to watch ASAP.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Anyone who hasn't watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (if there's such a thing as a somebody who hasn't) needs to watch it now.

Black Butler is pretty good too.

Anything else discussed thus far I would also recommend.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Mirai Nikki AKA Future Diary is pretty good in terms of anime. At least in my opinion

Global Testfire was pretty cool. Voice chat would be stellar if they added it, but I can work around it

Right after the Testfire I hopped on FG and this guy instantly sets his tag to SMASHBOARDS and then ACC?
Hooking up with people on FG has reached a new level for me. O.o

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
*Materializes out of nowhere*

Did somebody say... Anime?
Time to throw a bunch of them out there!
So there's
-Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood (Shounen but holy crud lovable characters and awesome and well thought out plot. *points to my own icon* Also has a really good dub that I would recommend.)
-Gurren Lagann (KAMINAAA. Awesome mindless shounen action with more lovable characters.)
-Fate/Zero (something darker and more mature if that's what you prefer. Really beautiful animation, coloring, and fight scenes. Also has a good dub.)
-Your Lie in April (super feelsy. And 10/10 good music.)
-Stein's Gate (time travel antics if you're into scifi shenanigans. Really challenges your mind to think about the mechanics of time travel they introduce.)
-Anohana (more super feelsy if you wanna hurt your heart even more)
-Gekkan shoujo Nozaki Kun (Good ol' comedy!)

There's also like barakamon, clannad, deadman wonderland, kill la kill, log horizon, no game no life, ore monogatari, persona 4 the animation, and a ton more but eyy I don't really want to spam all the animu.

Also all of you should read the one punch man manga (the anime is coming out sometime but I'm not sure when). The art isn't too great (unless you read the redraw, in that case the art is super awesome) but it's hilarious.

Welcome to the Robin Social Thread @ Cross X123 Cross X123 !

Also welcome @Royvolution Ream ! You joined us as well, so I might as well say welcome. <:
Remember you two, once you join us, there's no going back. :evil:

Ah. Also. @ Hong Hong , @ Raziek Raziek , your patience has been rewarded:

:)
It's long overdue but I finally got around to it. \ o /
I might decide to redo it though because I don't really like it, bah. I'll probably wait till I get a hold of a tablet though, because then I'll be able to make some really nice clean digital art.

If you want into the Robin skype, just add me (jordan_mcgee) and I'll get you added to it when I get a chance.
If you could add me in as well that'd be hella neat. My username is pikachewy99 on Skype and currently my nickname is 'Chu Mustang'. I'll be adding you on Skype too if that's ok P:

Hong

The Strongest

It's long overdue but I finally got around to it. \ o /
I might decide to redo it though because I don't really like it, bah. I'll probably wait till I get a hold of a tablet though, because then I'll be able to make some really nice clean digital art.
Ha ha, good work. Captures our relationship perfectly.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
If you could add me in as well that'd be hella neat. My username is pikachewy99 on Skype and currently my nickname is 'Chu Mustang'. I'll be adding you on Skype too if that's ok P:
You may not. In order to add @ Raziek Raziek on Skype, you must first pass the Trials of @ Raziek Raziek :
The first involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos.
The second involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must Zero-to-Death @ Raziek Raziek at least once in the match.
The third involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must not lose one single life during the match.
The fourth involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must not take ANY damage throughout the entire match (healing with Nos doesn't count).

Only then may you add @ Raziek Raziek in skype.

That's a really nice picture. I wish I could draw that well.

Last edited:

Cross X123

Banned via Warnings
You may not. In order to add @ Raziek Raziek on Skype, you must first pass the Trials of @ Raziek Raziek :
The second involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must Zero-to-Death @ Raziek Raziek at least once in the match.
The third involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must not lose one single life during the match.
The fourth involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must not take ANY damage throughout the entire match (healing with Nos doesn't count).

That's a really nice picture. I wish I could draw that well.
Ok done. Finished in 2 minutes. Can I add him now.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I'm just looking at all of these anime suggestions, and it only reminds me of my immense backlog that I still need to start. *cries*

Only one I can say is FMA (both 2003 and Brotherhood)

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
The second involves beating @ Raziek Raziek in Robin dittos, but you must Zero-to-Death @ Raziek Raziek at least one in the match.

Uhhhhhh.
LOOKS LIKE I'M NOT JOINING THE GROUP.
I think I'll just pass.

I fear the power of the butter knife. :c

Respect Raziek's Robin powers. We have no right to challenge it.
We might as well SD before the wrath of the butter knife can descend upon us with its glowing teal blade of doom.
Sacrifice your life before you can be submitted to the feeling of hopelessness as you realize that elwind can't bring you back to the ledge.
Those who have experienced it have been mentally scarred- the memory of the event forever frequenting their nightmares.
And those who haven't experienced it… never want to.

Raziek… Raziek 2 OP 4 us
All Hail.

;)

Cross X123

Banned via Warnings
Uhhhhhh.
LOOKS LIKE I'M NOT JOINING THE GROUP.
I think I'll just pass.

I fear the power of the butter knife. :c

Respect Raziek's Robin powers. We have no right to challenge it.
We might as well SD before the wrath of the butter knife can descend upon us with its glowing teal blade of doom.
Sacrifice your life before you can be submitted to the feeling of hopelessness as you realize that elwind can't bring you back to the ledge.
Those who have experienced it have been mentally scarred- the memory of the event forever frequenting their nightmares.
And those who haven't experienced it… never want to.

Raziek… Raziek 2 OP 4 us
All Hail.

;)
How good is he? Where can I find him?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Indedede. :4dedede::4dedede::4dedede:
Man, you're really Robin us of all these great puns.:4robinm::4robinf:
No he's not. He's :4rob:ing of us them.
I don't really know what "Roboting" means but I am certain it's bad.
Quit :4ness:ing around. The puns are giving me a bad feeling in the :4pit: of my stomach!
Bad feeling in the :4pit: of your stomach? :4lemmy:help you.
You guys don't know the first thing about puns; not until you've :4metaknight:. (They have a better sense of humor than one would assume.)
Just whatever you do, don't give me ste:4roy:ds.

I'm running out of puns.
Stop with these awful puns or I'll throw you all down a :4darkpit:.
I think you should just close your internet :4bowser:and give up on puns.

You should :4dedede:sist as well, or I'll have to :4link: you to some real puns.
GAIZ PLZ

Top Bottom