• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Heropon is the true star of every game ever. He wasn't in SSB because everyone would use him.

And more proof of Shulbin being canon:

Try and stop me.

And since my bad habit is abusing gifs/images, I'll try to tone it down. Even this post had a lot more before I trimmed it. I apologize to anyone on mobile whose loading I've killed in the past.
ShayShay know best! Syrek happy happy friend love Heropon Riki as much as Syrek! ^w^

Ohhhh, Shulk look super cool in outfit! Syrek jealous! >w<

ShayShay tell ChibiValshe! Post art anyway! Syrek think ShayShay is true Heropon! :3

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay guys, input required.

I'm going to my local anime / vidya con in July, and I'm planning on doing two cosplays. This is pretty much unprecedented for me, so I'm aiming to make it big and memorable.

The first cosplay will be Taokaka from BlazBlue.

The second, I'm not sure. That's where I'd like your feedback.

Currently, I'm toying with a few basic ideas:

- Kamui (Fire Emblem 14) - Would be amazing, but would also be very difficult (dat armour) and highly impractical (walking barefoot)
- Alice Margatroid (Touhou) - Simple but effective, though possibly too simple to really be noticed
- Cheshire Cat (Pandora Hearts) - Because cats are da bess~
- R.O.B. (Smash) - Specifically an anthropomorphised R.O.B., not sure how feasible that would be or if it would be at all practical

I've got plenty of time to figure it out, but as they say, no time like the present! Anybody reckon they'd like to see their good pal Wintropy dolled up as a nice anime / vidya character?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I'm going to my local anime / vidya con in July, and I'm planning on doing two cosplays. This is pretty much unprecedented for me, so I'm aiming to make it big and memorable.

- Kamui (Fire Emblem 14) - Would be amazing, but would also be very difficult (dat armour) and highly impractical (walking barefoot)
- Alice Margatroid (Touhou) - Simple but effective, though possibly too simple to really be noticed
- R.O.B. (Smash) - Specifically an anthropomorphised R.O.B., not sure how feasible that would be or if it would be at all practical

I've got plenty of time to figure it out, but as they say, no time like the present! Anybody reckon they'd like to see their good pal Wintropy dolled up as a nice anime / vidya character?
Taokaka's an awesome choice! Everyone loves a crazy catgirl! :substitute:

For the second one. Hmmm, I'd say Kamui, I think you'd really stand out!

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t369/lovely_pan24/h vs s_zpso2mcizey.png

Someone has made a, speculation, cart on what we know so far of characters on the different paths.

I'd imagine that Kamui would really stand out considering how new the game, isn't even out yet lol.

But you are also asking FE fans so the answers are probs gonna be loaded towards Kamui.

Good luck getting two left feet though. :p

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy

Part of me would die to see a R.O.B. cosplay, it'd be pretty damn unique and freaking awesome, to put it blunt. But.. I'm a sucker for TouHou and Alice too so I'm torn on what I'd recommend between those two.

Or, or, or, do Marina from Mischief Makers and run up to people, grab them and shout "SHAKE SHAKE" then dash away.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I'd probably say Kamui, but there's the difficulty of creating it and the walking barefoot, so perhaps not. :p Personally, I've always been a fan of R.O.B. so that's who I say you should cosplay as. ^w^ :4rob:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Gracidea know best! Syrek happy happy friend love Heropon Riki as much as Syrek! ^w^

Ohhhh, Shulk look super cool in outfit! Syrek jealous! >w<

Gracidea tell ChibiValshe! Post art anyway! Syrek think Gracidea is true Heropon! :3

YES. SHAYSHAY DEMAND MORE OF GLORIOUS HEROPON.

ShayShay demand someone make Heropon plush so ShayShay can have glorious Heropon merchandise.

ShayShay approve of adorable sig of adorableness.

Also, that picture is cute and I'm tempted to change my avatar to it once I get Xenoblade even if I'm knee-deep in Lucas hype.
*wiggles eyebrows*
I don't know why, but that coupled with your avatar cracked me up.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Welcome, @ Irisz Irisz , @IAmMetaKnight and all the other new faces I don't remember the names of right now!

You know, sometimes I think to myself "was that latest HongxDrakonis post really necessary of me? Doesn't it kinda look creepy after a while?"
And then you post something like that:
Hmm... but who could be Owain? Perhaps @ Drakonis Drakonis ? That man has a way with words that makes me...
Hng! Down, typing hand! Can't... control...!

View attachment 46518

I break fourth walls.

If I'm a prince I'm unaware.

I feel partly responsible since all my posts currently carry an extra image.

For the record I'll be retiring this avatar experiment soon.
That avatar was really fun while it lasted, but I think it'd just overstay it's welcome if you abused it for too long. Kudos for really thinking outside the box. :3
*rubs forehead* Let's just say it's better to ignore them as much as possible. It's the path of least resistance. It also saves our sanity.
I usually save, or rather restore, my sanity by

But maybe that's just me. :4zss:

Also a friend of mine sent me a link to this:
Really great political satire.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Hmmm... those are all very interesting choices. While I don't have much involvement with either Touhou or Pandora Hearts, after looking at their costumes I would suggest either Kamui or Chesire Cat.

Kamui because FE bias, and Chesire Cat because his costume is looks cool and I like cat people. Overall though my vote would go to Chesire.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei

Everyone loves Touhous.

You'll be easily noticed. And trust me, getting together even ONE cosplay is enough work that even a cosplay as simple as Alice's will take plenty of effort. If you have leftover fabric, make some dolls.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I just realised that Taokaka and Chesire are both cats. Derp.

I guess I could take some creative liberties with Kamui and wear shoes (possibly colour them great to make them less conspicuous), but the armour is gonna be hell to do. I don't want to half-ass it either, it's all or nothin' as far as I'm concerned.

Then there's the issue of whether I go M!Kamui or F!Kamui.

My hair would better suit M!Kamui, but I kinda feel like I'd have more fun as F!Kamui. Of course, it's really much for muchness, and I could just take more creative liberties and go for a composite design.

That said, I feel like I ought to wear skirts more. I absolutely adore frilly skirts, and thus far, I think I've cosplayed with one about...never? I did a genderbent Sakuya from Touhou before (too self-conscious to wear a skirt in public back then), and I feel like I could do justice to more Touhou characters. May just up and decide to do Reimu. Getting a wig and styling it like that is gonna be an ordeal, though. I much prefer to make use of my natural hair rather than using wigs and stuff.

Pardon my stream-of-consciousness ramblings. This is something I really do want to get right, though. >w<;;

Everyone loves Touhous.

You'll be easily noticed. And trust me, getting together even ONE cosplay is enough work that even a cosplay as simple as Alice's will take plenty of effort. If you have leftover fabric, make some dolls.
My mother makes dolls and costumes for a living. It was her idea to cosplay two in the same weekend.

Trust me, asking her to make a costume or dolls is like asking me to be fabulous and write crazy poetry~

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't want to half-*** it either, it's all or nothin' as far as I'm concerned.

Pardon my stream-of-consciousness ramblings. This is something I really do want to get right, though. >w<;;
It's like what an episode title of Gintama told me(which I need to get around to watching more of)

"If you're gonna cosplay, go all out!"

I've been thinking about acquiring some new copsplays for future conventions as well. Reason I say acquiring is that I'm lacking in the creative department that is crafting a cosplay to begin with. The only thing I've ever made for a cosplay was my tome for Robin. I'm the type of person who buy it online rather than try to make it myself. The couple I have on my plate right now are a Team Plasma Grunt and Path of Radiance Ike. I'm not masculine enough to do RD Ike.

Others I plan on doing down the line consist of:
Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
Koyomi Araragi (Bakemonogatari)
Pokemon Trainers: Gold/Ethen and Brenden/Ruby

It will be exciting though to hear your experiences at the con c:

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Welcome to all new tacticians in this thread:roll:I'm kinda lazy right now so I won't quote everyone.welp, sorry

Indeed. The best ships are those that happen naturally of course, like what happened between me and Elezir Elezir for example. After all, we are the OTP of the Robin Social Thread, or so I've been told. :awesome:

Our flirtatious exchanges is something I look forward to every day now. Who knows, perhaps they might blossom into something more. ;)

Ah, how I love my Lady Elezir! <3 The very mention of her name gets me all flustered. Embarrass

Syrek knows the way to my heart so well with Ouran gifs
Never change, my dear.

Fun chapter this was.
Never played Genealogy, but I remember this from Thracia 776...quite recently, even.:sadsheep:
Had 5 tries there until I decided to get Carion his op weapon from Selfina, a scroll to prevent crits and sticked him on the op tile to protect the house single handed. It worked surprisingly well. (the rest of the character killed an enemy here and there and focused on visiting the houses, and I had Selfina's two lackeys escape.)

Kamui is a nice idea, but you might have problems with his/her costume, as you already commented.
Also, I'd cosplay Kamui myself just after the game is released:roll:

Either Alice or Cheshire Cat would be better options, imo. Touhou ftw

Also, @Hong, I'm not into dungeon crawlers, even less so the ones with random characters, but I have to admit myself it seems interesting.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Hey new people who joined the social thread, welcome!

Nice choice with Taokaka. I'd say Alive Margatroid or Cheshire Cat. Depending on how much walking you are going to do I really wouldn't recommend Kamui. I've only been to two cons myself but from experience usually a fair amount of walking is involved. If you want to do R.O.B., make sure it's feasible first. Either way good luck and have fun!
Did you know we secretly invaded the Zelda boards?
You did?

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Also, @Hong, I'm not into dungeon crawlers, even less so the ones with random characters, but I have to admit myself it seems interesting.
Not sure about Untold 2, but the demo for the Millenium Girl seemed to have some actual characters rather than ones created by you (if you were referring to that with "random characters"), but the demo might be quite different from the actual game so you should take my words with a grain of salt (or ask Hong as she probably played it already :141:).
I'm kinda curious about Mystery Dungeon myself, Red Rescue Team was kind of a guilty pleasure of mine and my only issue with EO is the first person perspective, considering the game is getting better reception than the Pokemon spinoffs, I might get some enjoyment out of it.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I'm feeling only two steps ahead today unfortunately. Seems like fates aren't joining too well today
Wowimreallybad

I had to lend my GameCube controller adapter to someone so I'll be GamePad johning all day lol

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl introduced a new mode called Story Mode which gave you a preset party of characters with personalities and the whole shebang to the original Etrian Odyssey game. Classic mode is more in line with traditional Etrian Odyssey gameplay of choosing your own party from lifeless character portraits of different classes, or rather (depending on your prescriptive) you can breath life into them on your own and create your own story revolving around them if you wish and how they react to stuff and things like but that is mostly head-canon stuff, to go dungeon exploring.

It's a really fun and addictive series, overall, but can also be pretty hard as well (though EO4 and EOU have made steps in making it more accessible to new-comers). My first game in the series was EO4 with my second on being EO3 but due to all of the QoL changes EO4 made I have been having a hard time staying into EO3 and thus haven't finished it yet with then playing EOU and completing it. Granted, on my first play of EO4 was on the easy mode and EOU was on normal mode (which was really just easy mode, despite the name) in story mode (I ended up starting with expert but I so hated the synergy of the story party that I eventually got so tired of it and just switched to normal) and haven't gotten myself to really buckle down and take another attempt at them (normal mode for EO4, which really is normal mode, and classic-expert for EOU) I also need to get around to getting a pre-order of EOU2.

Top Bottom