• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Delta, saying something like that will start ill rumors...
I'm not one to worry too much about the rumor mill and other's opinions of me :estatic:

We'll let our love bloom in privacy @ Célja Célja :lick:
We'll grow a connection so strong, we'll be able to topple anything with the bond we share.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So it's fine if I make a professional post describing how awkward it would be to marry Lucina in Awakening as long as I don't attempt to ship others too hard. Well I'm not to big on shipping anyways.
I thought you meant user shipping.

It's semi-common to gush about ingame Awakening ships here. That's completely fine.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png

I get a sense of déjà vu here...if Weeman burps or does something to be impressive please tell me we have a Pegasus Knight who trips randomly and a certain Prince who breaks walls.
I break fourth walls.

If I'm a prince I'm unaware.

May be necessary to bring a social thread policy or two into here. Image/YouTube response images are fine, though when a post is responding to one person, only has a few words, yet a collage of images and YouTube videos that exist only to replace a few words of text... Well, one might have to draw the line somewhere.
I feel partly responsible since all my posts currently carry an extra image.

For the record I'll be retiring this avatar experiment soon.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Just a friendly reminder that you shouldn't post images that dodge the censor. :p
Heed this, and remember that SmashBoards is a family-friendly site.

Robin social has had quite a bit of rather mature references and gestures. If you subtlety allude to something that's not a problem. I'll get the reference, smirk, and move on. If I had to think to make the connection, then it's probably not inherently inappropriate. Beyond that, eh.... We can have a discussion about fan service, intelligently analyzing it and discussing where the line is drawn, that's all fine. But when you start posting questionable content completely unrelated, well I'd probably spend more time thinking about whether or not it's family friendly and you should be posting it to begin with, words or imagery.

As always, you are encouraged to read the SmashBoards terms of service if you are unsure of the rules. While the off-topic rule is waived in the social thread, everything else still applies.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In all seriousness though, this song sums up why I'm not a huge fan of shipping or fanfic in general. People get so damn stupid over there ships and their fics, and they will brook neither argument nor discussion. They are insanely close-minded about the whole thing. As the song makes mention, it doesn't matter how ludicrous the ship is they will think it's absolute perfection and won't tolerate dissension. It's really aggravating.

I'd really like to know what goes through someone's head in this scenario. What is clicking inside their brain that makes shipping Isaac from Golden Sun with Light from Deathnote this fantastic idea that the casts of those two IPs have to die horrible deaths that would make George R.R. Martin and Warhammer 40,000 envious so they can have kinky naughty bishie sex.

Or is it better that I live in ignorance?

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
In all seriousness though, this song sums up why I'm not a huge fan of shipping or fanfic in general. People get so damn stupid over there ships and their fics, and they will brook neither argument nor discussion. They are insanely close-minded about the whole thing. As the song makes mention, it doesn't matter how ludicrous the ship is they will think it's absolute perfection and won't tolerate dissension. It's really aggravating.

I'd really like to know what goes through someone's head in this scenario. What is clicking inside their brain that makes shipping Isaac from Golden Sun with Light from Deathnote this fantastic idea that the casts of those two IPs have to die horrible deaths that would make George R.R. Martin and Warhammer 40,000 envious so they can have kinky naughty bishie sex.

Or is it better that I live in ignorance?
*rubs forehead* Let's just say it's better to ignore them as much as possible. It's the path of least resistance. It also saves our sanity.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
May be necessary to bring a social thread policy or two into here. Image/YouTube response images are fine, though when a post is responding to one person, only has a few words, yet a collage of images and YouTube videos that exist only to replace a few words of text... Well, one might have to draw the line somewhere.
This would be a good thing for me, because good grief this thread can take for ****ing ever to load at times and mess with other tabs trying to load as well sometimes.

Oh mimikins, you are so funny. <3 I know you have nothing but fondness of me in your heart
I thought it was obvious "everyone" meant everyone but you. :/

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Or you could let people do what they enjoy and not let it bother you?

That's also an option.
The Tactician has spoken. We should heed his advice. Chrom did, and he survived...I mean won extraordinarily.

Also excuse me for going off-topic for a second, but I just read page 738 and by the gods...
I was just like...

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
This would be a good thing for me, because good grief this thread can take for ****ing ever to load at times and mess with other tabs trying to load as well sometimes.
Yeah.

I really don't want to bring any convoluted policies or anything here. That just becomes confusing and vague. That said, it is still possible to perhaps reconsider posting standards as a community. That is, not anything to do with rules or enforcement, but asking one self if it's really worth it to have that video or that oversized gif. To pull up one of my own posts:
Now, when I uploaded this off the web, initially it looked about a half of the size. I felt outright awful and had I known it were resized on that page, I would have resized it myself before uploading. The gif helps to convey an idea, humorously, better than words, though it can still get the point across in a smaller size and not amount to 5 MB in size. That all adds up for mobile users. At the very least, I could have had the courtesy to spoiler it.

Anyway, new policies are probably unnecessary here since people here like each other enough that if you tell them not to do something, they'll stop. Don't want to make the Robin social any less fun, discourage discussion or reduce the amount of content, so much as both make it easier on mobile users as well as make it easier for others to keep up with the immense amount of posts.
I thought it was obvious "everyone" meant everyone but you. :/
Of course. :)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png

The gif helps to convey an idea, humorously, better than words, though it can still get the point across in a smaller size and not amount to 5 MB in size. That all adds up for mobile users.
I've had to browse Smashboards on my 3DS before. That was terrible.

Quick question. Would an image hosted on Smashboards load faster than that same image linked from elsewhere, or would that make any difference?

I'm going somewhere with this, I promise.

Hong

The Strongest
View attachment 46535

I've had to browse Smashboards on my 3DS before. That was terrible.

Quick question. Would an image hosted on Smashboards load faster than that same image linked from elsewhere, or would that make any difference?

I'm going somewhere with this, I promise.
Somewhere else.

SmashBoards in of itself is on a good server, but can produce inconsistent results. What is more is the attachment function is unique every time you use it. It's an image at a unique address and your browser will have to load it each time. Now, if I post an image of Russell Crowe peaking through a window, and the person viewing the page has seen that image before at the same address, it may load faster if it's still on their cache.

A website like imgur is incredibly fast and responsive. Content uploaded to SmashBoards is fast on a good day assuming if SmashBoards normally loads fast for you, but still not as fast as a good image host. Now, if you upload it to some less known image host or directly link an image off a slow website, then yeah SmashBoards will load faster.

Overall: A good image host is the best place to upload images.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png

Overall: A good image host is the best place to upload images.
Interesting. If I might offer a recommendation, then?

I used to use postimage.org frequently myself, and it offers the ability to resize uploaded images. The resized image does have a much smaller footprint - I ran some tests on the Hawlucha amiibo from a few pages back, and it cut it down from about 900KB to about 180KB when resized while retaining a respectable quality. To wit:

Also it's quick and free, you don't have to make or keep an account there, and in four years I've never seen them remove an image I've posted. So there's all that too.

This unfortunately doesn't help gif files much; testing shows resized gifs will not be animated (though unaltered ones are). However, for static images, this may be useful sometime.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
My, my. How accusatory of you, dear ArcticWolf. I have not done anything particularly untoward of you yet, have I?

Yes, yes. I have nothing but the best intentions with our dearest @ Irisz Irisz . Mm....
Irisz RUN!!!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png

If you think about it, you're also the crew that's just three steps ahead in the day

:roll:
I like you already.

Little sleep as I get, though, I'm not three steps ahead of much but my own grave.

But night's cool.

D

Deleted member

Why are all you morons voting for Bandanna Dee? Vote Magolor. Bandanna Dee is a Goomba with good taste in headgear. Magolor is a friggin' space wizard. I don't see why I would need to say more.
;-;
Because he's awesome, wields a spear, and has a lot of potential as a character.
I voted for him twice.

Srsly tho, who the hell marries their stalker?????
Me- I mean my Robin.
Robin is a nice guy, OK?

View attachment 46504
B-B-But!

Stop saying things!
That image makes me concerned about her health.

*Adds another reason why I like Hawlucha

Hawlucha has learned a thing or two from Captain Falcon.

View attachment 46513
Moves were shown. :4falcon:
But can Hawlucha do the almighty Falcon Punch?

In other news, hi, I'm new. Though I have been lurking for a while...
Welcome to the Robin social thread! :) Enjoy your time here!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm not a big shipper either, as I'd rather play around dynamics and complementing of the pair rather than how just lovely characters look together. It's kind of presumptuous when going so far as to disregard the characters' personalities or actual love interests on the long run.

I mean, Swordsmen are massively paired together for above reasons, but it's more a fangirl eyecandy thing than anything constructive rather - how strange as I find Peach & Marth kind of cute together, but I actually think their friendship and dynamics brought by both's personalities and similarities has me really in fuzzy feels.

Even if both might seem simplistic in nature. But I could go further with a lot other pairs I might want to explore for the personality dynamics and complementing alone.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
My humblest apologies for my previous image. I promise that I will be more careful in the future to avoid such situations. Thanks to our friendly neighborhood Modsupial for correcting my mistake. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't hang out with you guys! This thread gives me life! You guys are all so awesome and I love every minute of it!

Also pardon my cheesiness, lol.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Time to make @ Weeman Weeman angry!
Tomohawk > Hawlucha
I REGRET NOTHING!!
Flying/Fighting is a sexy type

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
;-;
Because he's awesome, wields a spear, and has a lot of potential as a character.
I voted for him twice.
He's also cute and makes for a good plush to send my girlfriend as a present (although it has no spear or bandanna)
Moves were shown. :4falcon:
But can Hawlucha do the almighty Falcon Punch?
No, he only takes them as purification, as demonstrated by hong :4falcon:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
;-;
I voted for him twice.
Bandanna Dee is the best Waddle Dee outside of the few moments in Brawl/PM where they perform that jump attack that can actually hurt/kill someone.

I always felt bad for having to fight him whenever I played Super Star. He was so loyal and adorable.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Welcome aboard.

A few rules:

1. RESPECT THE HEROPON. We may all love Robin here, but we are close allies of Shulk. Regardless, we still worship and show proper respect to the Heropon.
2. The first rule of the Robin Smashboards is you don't talk about Sonic OCs.
3. The second rule of the Robin Smashboards is you DO NOT talk about Sonic OCs.
4. Winter is Coming.
5. @ Raziek Raziek is God.
6. :4robinf:x:4shulk: is canon. No questions.
7. There is no rule #7.
Heropon is the true star of every game ever. He wasn't in SSB because everyone would use him.

And more proof of Shulbin being canon:

So...nobody post Chrom x Sumia art, kay?
Try and stop me.

And since my bad habit is abusing gifs/images, I'll try to tone it down. Even this post had a lot more before I trimmed it. I apologize to anyone on mobile whose loading I've killed in the past.

Last edited:
Top Bottom