• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It could just be my extreme Pokemon bias, but I'm really enjoying how :4pikachu::4charizard:and:4greninja:play.

:4pikachu:'s got some great styling potential, not to mention he's adorable. Nice aerial and combo game.
:4charizard:'s hits are satisfying and the way he roars gives me chills. Feels really good to win with him.
:4greninja: is a bit tricky to use at times, but he feels sooo good when I'm on point with him. Got some great styling and chains off with this guy. I found out today that you can "taunt cancel" with him using his Side-B.

I'm gonna have to pick up and practice my other characters again so they don't get left out.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Fire Rosa would've been my fav costume if the hair was right. Same with Peach. :c

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
It could just be my extreme Pokemon bias, but I'm really enjoying how :4pikachu::4charizard:and:4greninja:play.

:4pikachu:'s got some great styling potential, not to mention he's adorable. Nice aerial and combo game.
:4charizard:'s hits are satisfying and the way he roars gives me chills. Feels really good to win with him.
:4greninja: is a bit tricky to use at times, but he feels sooo good when I'm on point with him. Got some great styling and chains off with this guy. I found out today that you can "taunt cancel" with him using his Side-B.

I'm gonna have to pick up and practice my other characters again so they don't get left out.
What's weird is that Pokémon (not counting Mother) is my favorite franchise, but I barely touch anyone from it. Sometimes Pikachu or Greninja, but that's it.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
So I picked up a Hori screen protector for my New 3DS XL today, mainly just for the touch screen for when I play Kid Icarus: Uprising again. When I applied it, everything went perfectly except for one noticeable speck of dust appearing on the middle of the touch screen, now safety behind the screen protector. For most people, this wouldn't be a big deal, but since I have a bit of OCD when it comes to my electronics, particularly my gaming devices, my reaction went something like this.....

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS FTW!!! :awesome:
Oh god, same here. This would be so horrifying for me. My Gamepad has a few scratches here and there and it drives me crazy.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Oh god, same here. This would be so horrifying for me. My Gamepad has a few scratches here and there and it drives me crazy.
Well I'm SLOWLY acclimating myself to get use to it cause I've tried pulling up the screen protector but to no avail. I could use other ways of removing it but that in turn might wreck the screen protector or the touch screen itself. Therefore, I'm just going to have to get use to it and press on somehow. :p My sympathies for your scratched up Gamepad. I unfortunately know how you feel. ;_;

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
What's weird is that Pokémon (not counting Mother) is my favorite franchise, but I barely touch anyone from it. Sometimes Pikachu or Greninja, but that's it.
I know that feel. I love Pokemon and I also play it competitively but the Pokes in Smash just aren't interesting for me except Mewtwo and lately Charizard. Though if Salamence or Ninetails were in Smash they would definitely be my main. I know it's unrealistic and I don't expect them to be in but those two are my favorites.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Oh, I'll definitely give him a go when he's out. It's practically obligatory. I don't know if he'll crack his way into my Powerhouse 5, though.:4ness::4robinf::4shulk::4mario::4marth:
Same for me, and I'm sure a lot of others as well. For Glory is probably gonna be like :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:for the first week or so after his release.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ S Syrek , I dropped my 3DS recently and a bunch of black pixels were burned into the bottom left-hand corner for a week afterwards. I got used to it and they've since disappeared, but it was hell for the first while.

On the subject of preferred series / characters, my favourite Smash series are Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Super Mario and Zelda. I play two of the Kid Icarus characters (they're my mains), two of the Fire Emblem characters (my third and fourth favourites, respectively), two of the Super Mario characters and one of the Zelda characters.

Not too shabby, I daresay~ :3

D

Deleted member

My alt. costume tier list:
S-Tier: All default colors for every character and alt costume (like Overalls Wario and Alph) except for Lucina's.
A-Tier: Lucina's Tharja color, Lucina's default palette.
B-Tier: Murica Mario
C-Tier: The rest. :p

I suspect this is what it's going to be like right after I get married.....

Dominated by my beloved wife as she uses me for her kinky experiments.

Even when they are married, I still wonder why Robin gets experimented on. I can see why for the other characters, but Robin? I thought he would be spared.

Yeah, Robin and Wario could have done 16 palettes. Hopefully an update can fix this.

:231:
I'm surprised that Wario lost palettes, especially when Little Mac has so many. Same can be said for the other alt characters like female Robin and Alph.

Same for me, and I'm sure a lot of others as well. For Glory is probably gonna be like :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::4littlemac::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::4falcon::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:for the first week or so after his release.
With Anyone is going to become With Mewtwo.
I can't wait to fight a million of them in For Glory! (though I fixed your post for you ;))

Please don't let him degrade to another Mac. They will be known as the M&M spam.
I doubt that Mewtwo will continued to be spammed unless he is completely overpowered. Mewtwo hype will settle in and the people who like his play style will still use him.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
As happy as I am to see Mewtwo return, I'm somewhat sad that I'll never have a use for these comics again

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Oh, Talk about alts for your main characters?
Normally I stick with Default, as I already said, but when I want to switch, I pick Green/White Mage for :4robinm:, Pink for :4robinf: and Mr.Saturn Shirt for :4ness:.
Additionally, I like :4lucina: Tiki colored alt a lot, White dress :4zelda:, Gallantly white :4marth:, Shirtless (:troll:) :4shulk:, Red dress :4palutena: and Chrom colored :4myfriends:.
Roy alt is fun, too.:troll:

All the rest is F tier ;p

As happy as I am to see Mewtwo return, I'm somewhat sad that I'll never have a use for these comics again

Truth to be told, the moment Mewtwo was confirmed to have dlc, these became outdated :troll:
The one about Mewtwo's tears is so funny, though, that it's almost a a pity it's became useless...

Well, another DLC I wanted to see was Isaac:sadsheep:
Even if I think Golden Sun in one of the worst rpgs I've ever played for GBA, it still gives me the nostalgic feels.
And Isaac is cute.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I suspect this is what it's going to be like right after I get married.....

Dominated by my beloved wife as she uses me for her kinky experiments.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

I too would really wish this.

View attachment 44235

Sadly fan art is the closest thing we'll get to it.
This needs to be DLC. Now.

So I picked up a Hori screen protector for my New 3DS XL today, mainly just for the touch screen for when I play Kid Icarus: Uprising again. When I applied it, everything went perfectly except for one noticeable speck of dust appearing on the middle of the touch screen, now safety behind the screen protector. For most people, this wouldn't be a big deal, but since I have a bit of OCD when it comes to my electronics, particularly my gaming devices, my reaction went something like this.....

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS FTW!!! :awesome:
Whoa. Lets just all calm down now. :p

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Truth to be told, the moment Mewtwo was confirmed to have dlc, these became outdated :troll:
The one about Mewtwo's tears is so funny, though, that it's almost a a pity it's became useless...
Mewtwo was like the Chrom of the Pokemon franchise. Even though I like Mewtwo and Chrom those jokes always crack me up.

Oh I guess alt talk is a thing

:4shulk:: Fiora, Melia, and Dunban
:4zelda:: Blue and green

inb4 Mewtwo teleports off stage are the new Mac side b off stage :4dk:
I have seen a lot of Sonics doing Dair offstages as well. They will be known as the S&M&M trio.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You know, instead of just shipping Robin at random with SSB characters, we should write Supports for Robin and the SSB characters...

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Shaymikyu

You know, instead of just shipping Robin at random with SSB characters, we should write Supports for Robin and the SSB characters...
And give confession lines to every character as well.

:lucas:: I PK Love you! I'd give you all the sunflowers in the world!
:4falco:: Personally, I prefer the air... But I prefer you even more!
:4sonic:: Life goes by fast, but when I'm with you, everything slows down.
:4roy:: I'll be your boy!

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
It's a nice idea, I suppose.
I don't feel comfortable writing any of the characters dialogues, though.
Writing OC's is one thing, writing an already existing character is another, as I am sure I will probably miss something about their personality, and it may end up being OOC as a result.:urg:

Shaymikyu

It's a nice idea, I suppose.
I don't feel comfortable writing any of the characters dialogues, though.
Writing OC's is one thing, writing an already existing character is another, as I am sure I will probably miss something about their personality, and it may end up being OOC as a result.:urg:
I know what you mean. I'd be especially worried that I'd mess up the personalities of characters from games I do want to play eventually but haven't yet (i.e. :4shulk:, :4pit:, :4myfriends:).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I JUST HAD TO LOOK IT UP

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
And give confession lines to every character as well.

:lucas:: I PK Love you! I'd give you all the sunflowers in the world!
:4falco:: Personally, I prefer the air... But I prefer you even more!
:4sonic:: Life goes by fast, but when I'm with you, everything slows down.
:4roy:: I'll be your boy!
:4rob:01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101
:4ganondorf:Join me, Robin and you will be the greatest in Hyrule
:4wario2:Wah-ha-ha Wario is the winner.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Same for me, and I'm sure a lot of others as well. For Glory is probably gonna be like :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:for the first week or so after his release.
Just like Link in Mario Kart 8.

I expect a similar situation for the Villager and Isabelle once the second DLC pack is released in May.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I got a better idea.

"The truth is... my body has been ready since the day we met. Let's make games together."

Shaymikyu

I JUST HAD TO LOOK IT UP
"Killer the Hedgehog"

Is it weird that I honestly don't find the design that bad, or is it a sign that I'm getting desensitized?

Last edited:
Top Bottom