• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I too would really wish this.

View attachment 44235

Sadly fan art is the closest thing we'll get to it.
I would switch to White Mage F!Robin instantly if the option ever presents itself.
What's weird is that Pokémon (not counting Mother) is my favorite franchise, but I barely touch anyone from it. Sometimes Pikachu or Greninja, but that's it.
I kinda feel the same. Outside of Lucario and Greninja, the current roster of Pokémon hardly interests me much, and I'm nowhere near good with the latter. I'm just not a fan of 'em much at all. :c

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Same for me, and I'm sure a lot of others as well. For Glory is probably gonna be like :mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm::mewtwopm:for the first week or so after his release.
Is it said that I don't feel the hype for Mewtwo?

I mean, I am excited and happy he is coming back and it does open the door to more DLC,

it' just, Mewtwo himself really doesn't excite me that much.

No offense to Mewtwo fans.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I mean, I am excited and happy he is coming back and it does open the door to more DLC,

I honestly was neutral towards Mewtwo's return. The only reason he's excited me is that it's the first time a character has been added after the game is out.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I was pretty indifferent about Mewtwo as well. Didn't care for him in Melee or PM. It's great for the people who wanted him, but I'd personally have preferred if they actually added Takamaru as a playable character, or someone else entirely like Isaac from Golden Sun.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I JUST HAD TO LOOK IT UP
Hm, that gives me an idea

I honestly was neutral towards Mewtwo's return. The only reason he's excited me is that it's the first time a character has been added after the game is out.
Yeah, I have a similar feeling. I mean, he excites me but it's more of a "not bad" reaction rather than " OH MY GOD, MEW2!!!!' Ya know.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ah, so were talking about :mewtwomelee:, eh? He's a pretty cool Pokemon that's for bloody sure but I never used him that much in Melee personally. Although if they change him up enough, I may consider using him as a secondary depending on if I enjoy his move set or not. After all, I love me some Pokemon. ^w^ <3

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was pretty indifferent about Mewtwo as well. Didn't care for him in Melee or PM. It's great for the people who wanted him, but I'd personally have preferred if they actually added Takamaru as a playable character, or someone else entirely like Isaac from Golden Sun.
I would have preferred if they actually added Ghirahim instead.
I mean, since we're sharing what we think should have happened but little chance to, why not?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I have to agree with @ The Merc The Merc , @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu and @ Moydow Moydow

Even though I am a big Pokemon fan, our Pokemon fighters don't really excite me, and that includes Mewtwo.
It's still nice seeing that dlc's are a possibility. So even though the game is already released, we can hope getting more fighters as the time goes on.
It's particulary nice because Nintendo only makes one SSB per console, so newer characters have a chance of getting in, too.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Eh, why not.

Also, what is this.

Shaymikyu

My guess is that it relates to the leak somehow? Because it has aspects of all the characters revealed in that leak:
*:4duckhunt:'s dog
*:4drmario:'s headband
*:4bowserjr:'s Clown Car and bib
*:4darkpit:'s wreath
*:4shulk:'s Monado

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have to agree with @ The Merc The Merc , @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu and @ Moydow Moydow

Even though I am a big Pokemon fan, our Pokemon fighters don't really excite me, and that includes Mewtwo.
It's still nice seeing that dlc's are a possibility. So even though the game is already released, we can hope getting more fighters as the time goes on.
It's particulary nice because Nintendo only makes one SSB per console, so newer characters have a chance of getting in, too.
I guess just compared to the other franchise that aren't Mario, there is just so many Pokemon Characters already, plus Mewtwo coming, it's just too much.
Also, what is this.
My guess is that it relates to the leak somehow? Because it has aspects of all the characters revealed in that leak:
*:4duckhunt:'s dog
*:4drmario:'s headband
*:4bowserjr:'s Clown Car and bib
*:4darkpit:'s wreath
*:4shulk:'s Monado
But Doc Mario Wasn't apart of the leak really. I mean, yeah, he was in the final roster picture, but still......

Still nice artwork though.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
How about DLC costumes?
Like id pay for hooded robin and gc villager

Elezir

I guess just compared to the other franchise that aren't Mario, there is just so many Pokemon Characters already, plus Mewtwo coming, it's just too much.
I dunno, I think it may be because these pokemons aren't even my favorite Absolmasterrace, and the way the pokemon games works make these creatures seem like...they aren't too relevant. You never get characterisation for, say, that Ralts you captured on route 10.
Actually, you can capture another Ralts that's the exact same thing, so they never get any individualisation, either. It's just another Ralts.
You can forcibly take pokemon from it's home, trade, release or put it into the storage to never see the light of the day ever again as you please. It's not like they are going to complain, anyway.
And yet they try to sell the idea that pokemons are friends.:4pacman:
Of course they are, it's not like they have much of a choice in the matter.

What I just said is probably uncalled for, but it always bothered me.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
All this :mewtwopm: talk has made these videos pretty relevant

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I dunno, I think it may be because these pokemons aren't even my favorite Absolmasterrace, and the way the pokemon games works make these creatures seem like...they aren't too relevant. You never get characterisation for, say, that Ralts you captured on route 10.
Actually, you can capture another Ralts that's the exact same thing, so they never get any individualisation, either. It's just another Ralts.
You can forcibly take pokemon from it's home, trade, release or put it into the storage to never see the light of the day ever again as you please. It's not like they are going to complain, anyway.
And yet they try to sell the idea that pokemons are friends.:4pacman:
Of course they are, it's not like they have much of a choice in the matter.

What I just said is probably uncalled for, but it always bothered me.
What about :4pikachu:?
Anyway, I have ever really believed that pokemon are 'slaves' and like to think pokemon like wild animals in real life. You can catch, you teach them and you can train them. Yes, the battling part when you think about it is messed up but I still like the series. Plus :4pikachu: is the most adorable thing ever :happysheep:.

No need to apologise. To each his own and all.

Elezir

What about :4pikachu:?
Anyway, I have ever really believed that pokemon are 'slaves' and like to think pokemon like wild animals in real life. You can catch, you teach them and you can train them. Yes, the battling part when you think about it is messed up but I still like the series. Plus :4pikachu: is the most adorable thing ever :happysheep:.

No need to apologise. To each his own and all.
:v Don't get me wrong, I love the pokemon series, and still have fun capturing all these pokemons to fill my pokedex and trade them later or whatever.
When I think about it, though, it bothers me when sometimes the game outright tries to say that you are only befriending pokemon, when all you are really doing is picking random and unassuming little creatures to send them to battle so you can gain money and fame.
At the end of the day, though, it's only a video game and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I can't help it sometimes.:4pacman:

Maybe I should fund a "Save the Pokemon" Instituition someday:4pikachu:

As a side note, I like the idea behind Pokemon Rangers and Pokemon Colosseum/XD better.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I can respect that. Personally I'm more of a fan of Mewtwo because of the 1st Pokemon movie rather than from Melee. Although I am excited to see what they have done with Mewtwo's system. And of course the possiblities for future DLC characters is pretty awesome too.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
All this :mewtwopm: talk has made these videos pretty relevant

This has nothing to do with what you just posted, but I have to say this before I forget to.

Your new avatar is freaking amazing and I absolutely love it! <3 :happysheep: :pikachu: :happysheep: Your avatar also reminds me of my favourite Pokemon game, Heartgold and Soulsilver. The original Gold and Silver were incredible but the remakes just took my favourite Pokemon to the next level. :3 That and I always loved the designs for Ethan, the main character, and the Gen II Pokemon.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm actually not crazy about the Mewtwo dlc (since I'm not into Pokemon) but I am interested in seeing how he plays in this game.
Amen brother. I might even get to play it if we get a new one. That said, if Smash is the only thing keeping the F-Zero memory alive it's at least doing it in the most awesome way possible.

Those two games I'd have a hard time choosing between. I heard 101 has a **** tutorial and presumably a higher learning curve, but is solid if you can get past that; meanwhile 3D Land is one of the better Mario games on the market at present, suffering mostly from oversaturation of Mario games in general. I think this one's up to you in the end.
I ended up choosing The Wonderful 101. (Had to kill Trine 2 in the process) For some reason I needed 13 GB of free space when the game close to 10 GB...
And I would've gotten 3D Land as well if I hadn't gotten Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! :/ It was a rarity and I enjoyed Punch Out!! so I felt like getting it...
I for one am waiting for the day we can get a new console F-Zero and not all this fan service in Mario Kart 8...

Don't get me wrong I love the Mute City DLC and the Blue Falcon homage, but if anything this just shows that you can easily make a new F-Zero. Come on Nintendo I'd take this over a new Pokemon game, which coming from me who is a die hard Pokemon fan that's saying a lot.
It's a big tease man... but it's better then nothing, I guess.

Wish the newer Mute City song was a medley with Climax's MC tbh.

Also, why hasn't this been a poster yet?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
And give confession lines to every character as well.

:lucas:: I PK Love you! I'd give you all the sunflowers in the world!
:4falco:: Personally, I prefer the air... But I prefer you even more!
:4sonic:: Life goes by fast, but when I'm with you, everything slows down.
:4roy:: I'll be your boy!
:4lucario:: The Aura is with you!
:4charizard::Rawr! RAAAWWWRRR!!!!
:4peach:: Always be sweeeettt!!!!
:4lucina::For my Father!
:4miibrawl::.....

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I for one am waiting for the day we can get a new console F-Zero and not all this fan service in Mario Kart 8...
Don't get me wrong I love the Mute City DLC and the Blue Falcon homage, but if anything this just shows that you can easily make a new F-Zero. Come on Nintendo I'd take this over a new Pokemon game, which coming from me who is a die hard Pokemon fan that's saying a lot.
It's just as I said, there needs to be a new F-Zero that's half the racing game, and half a badass beat-em-up starring Captain Falcon (with racing segments in said beat-em-up).

It gives everyone the racer they have been begging for, a beat-em-up they never knew they wanted, AND canonizes the Falcon Punch.
What. Could. Be. Better.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It's just as I said, there needs to be a new F-Zero that's half the racing game, and half a badass beat-em-up starring Captain Falcon (with racing segments in said beat-em-up).

It gives everyone the racer they have been begging for, a beat-em-up they never knew they wanted, AND canonizes the Falcon Punch.
What. Could. Be. Better.
Would like this as well! Though, you'll have an elitist problem no doubt. (looks at a certain Star Fox game that's half of 2 things)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And give confession lines to every character as well.

:lucas:: I PK Love you! I'd give you all the sunflowers in the world!
:4falco:: Personally, I prefer the air... But I prefer you even more!
:4sonic:: Life goes by fast, but when I'm with you, everything slows down.
:4roy:: I'll be your boy!
:4falcon:: "I asked you to show me your moves, but....you've shown me so much more..."
:4megaman:: "You make me feel unstoppable! I promise to stay by your side till I become obsolete!"
:4wiifit:: "My heart is racing right now...I guess being with you is the greatest workout of all!"

I'm not sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom