• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
:v Don't get me wrong, I love the pokemon series, and still have fun capturing all these pokemons to fill my pokedex and trade them later or whatever.
When I think about it, though, it bothers me when sometimes the game outright tries to say that you are only befriending pokemon, when all you are really doing is picking random and unassuming little creatures to send them to battle so you can gain money and fame.
At the end of the day, though, it's only a video game and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I can't help it sometimes.:4pacman:

Maybe I should fund a "Save the Pokemon" Instituition someday:4pikachu:

As a side note, I like the idea behind Pokemon Rangers and Pokemon Colosseum/XD better.
Nah, it's all good Elezir. I understand. Ya, it does seem crazy that the game advertises that you are friends with the pokemon yet you force them to beat the living **** out of each other. It's crazy :4dedede:.

But I still love the series.

I have actually have never really played any of the spin off series for pokemon.

I can respect that. Personally I'm more of a fan of Mewtwo because of the 1st Pokemon movie rather than from Melee. Although I am excited to see what they have done with Mewtwo's system. And of course the possiblities for future DLC characters is pretty awesome too.
Ah! the first pokemon movie, now that I will never forget. With Mewtwo and Mew and the clones adn when Ash tries to Punch Mew2 but then runs into the duwl laser beams and is turned into a statue and then Pikachu starts crying and-...

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

*breaks down and crys* :cry:

I want a smug Misty emote instead.

That would work for damn near everything.
I'll make it for you if shrooby doesn't first :).

This has nothing to do with what you just posted, but I have to say this before I forget to.

Your new avatar is freaking amazing and I absolutely love it! <3 :happysheep: :pikachu: :happysheep: Your avatar also reminds me of my favourite Pokemon game, Heartgold and Soulsilver. The original Gold and Silver were incredible but the remakes just took my favourite Pokemon to the next level. :3 That and I always loved the designs for Ethan, the main character, and the Gen II Pokemon.

I like Pokemon HeartGold and Soulsilver a lot. I just wish I could complete the games ;-;

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Nah, it's all good Elezir. I understand. Ya, it does seem crazy that the game advertises that you are friends with the pokemon yet you force them to beat the living **** out of each other. It's crazy :4dedede:.

But I still love the series.

I have actually have never really played any of the spin off series for pokemon.
At some point or another I thought of pokemon battles as a sport of some kind. And for some pokemon, battling is a way of life for them. Until, that is, a badass pokemon goes berserk and they wind up fighting for reals, as evidenced by the movies.

Ah! the first pokemon movie, now that I will never forget. With Mewtwo and Mew and the clones adn when Ash tries to Punch Mew2 but then runs into the duwl laser beams and is turned into a statue and then Pikachu starts crying and-...

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

*breaks down and crys* :cry:
It was alright, though I still don't care for :mewtwomelee:. Never really did. The subsequent movies however(particularly 2, 3 and 4), that's a different story.

Still kinda bugs me that :mewtwomelee: is the one to return to Smash.

I like Pokemon HeartGold and Soulsilver a lot. I just wish I could complete the games ;-;
Ah, the 2nd Generation. I have a lot of fond memories of that generation. In my eyes, no subsequent generation had as many likable pokemon as the 2nd, though the 4th came pretty close. HG/SS only made things better.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Character confessions, eh?

:4shulk: "I can see our future, and it's looking bright!"
:4ganondorf: "You are the only one to complete my Triforce."
:4rob: "I WISH TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS. PLEASE DEMONSTRATE."
:4pit: "When I'm with you, I feel like I can fly forever!"
:4darkpit: "S-stupid! I-it's not like I like you or anything...!"
:4palutena: "You've offered me something far greater than mere hearts: you've offered me your heart and shown me the light!"
:4mario: "My heart grows every time I'm-a with you! Yahoo!"
:4luigi: "When I'm with you, I can take on anything! E-except ghosts. N-never ghosts."
:4dk: "I love you more than I love banana sundaes! Well...almost as much."
:4olimar: "I came looking for my ship's parts, and look what I found instead. A most agreeable turn of events."
:4alph: "I thought I could fix anything, but you're the only one who can fix my heart."
:4jigglypuff: "Shall I serenade you 'til you fall asleep in my arms?"
:4bowser: "You're the only princess for me! Let's dominate this world together!"
:4dedede: "Hey baby. You ever date a guy with his own castle?"

D

Deleted member

In regards to Mewtwo, I'm pretty hyped about his return! I remember screaming "MEWTWO!!!" when I saw him in the Smash Wii U Direct. It was a massive shame that he was cut in Brawl... I just hope that they make him good in this game.

Also, what is this.
Dr. Dark Shulk Hunt Jr., the ultimate leaked character.

How about DLC costumes?
Like id pay for hooded robin and gc villager
I would definitely love to have hooded Robin; I'm surprised that it wasn't an alternate costume. I can say the same for Bowser not receiving a Dry Bowser alt.
I would also enjoy some new palettes. I would love to see a white Yoshi, Shulk in a green and white variant of his clothing, and Pikachu with Raichu's colors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In regards to Mewtwo, I'm pretty hyped about his return! I remember screaming "MEWTWO!!!" when I saw him in the Smash Wii U Direct. It was a massive shame that he was cut in Melee... I just hope that they make him good in this game.
You mean Brawl? :3

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also, why hasn't this been a poster yet?

They need to first modify it in order to remove Chrom from the poster according to rumors. :p

On Mewtwo-DLC... aaah. Salt.

Being from Finland has it's perks... like not having Club Nintendo to spare.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just hope Mewtwo doesn't end up coming in, say, June.

Oh, and with my signature change, took the time to honor the other best Robin color. <3

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This has nothing to do with what you just posted, but I have to say this before I forget to.

Your new avatar is freaking amazing and I absolutely love it! <3 :happysheep: :pikachu: :happysheep: Your avatar also reminds me of my favourite Pokemon game, Heartgold and Soulsilver. The original Gold and Silver were incredible but the remakes just took my favourite Pokemon to the next level. :3 That and I always loved the designs for Ethan, the main character, and the Gen II Pokemon.

Thank you, I'm loving your new avatar as well. c:

Ethen/Gold has my favorite character design and I have a special place for Gen 2 in my heart. I love Typhlosion as he's my favorite Pokemon ever and the remakes of HG/SS are among my top three favorite Pokemon games.

It's just as I said, there needs to be a new F-Zero that's half the racing game, and half a badass beat-em-up starring Captain Falcon (with racing segments in said beat-em-up).

It gives everyone the racer they have been begging for, a beat-em-up they never knew they wanted, AND canonizes the Falcon Punch.
What. Could. Be. Better.
I am really liking your idea. Getting a new racing F-Zero game and getting to use the Falcon Punch? I would give all my money away if this were to become a thing.

It's a big tease man... but it's better then nothing, I guess.

Wish the newer Mute City song was a medley with Climax's MC tbh.
I would love a F-Zero medley, or just a medley of a course and it's variations throughout it's years like Big Blue or Mute city. Really any new songs/arrangements would make me happy besides just one new Mute City remix.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Character confessions, eh?

:4shulk: "I can see our future, and it's looking bright!"
:4ganondorf: "You are the only one to complete my Triforce."
:4rob: "I WISH TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS. PLEASE DEMONSTRATE."
:4pit: "When I'm with you, I feel like I can fly forever!"
:4darkpit: "S-stupid! I-it's not like I like you or anything...!"
:4palutena: "You've offered me something far greater than mere hearts: you've offered me your heart and shown me the light!"
:4mario: "My heart grows every time I'm-a with you! Yahoo!"
:4luigi: "When I'm with you, I can take on anything! E-except ghosts. N-never ghosts."
:4dk: "I love you more than I love banana sundaes! Well...almost as much."
:4olimar: "I came looking for my ship's parts, and look what I found instead. A most agreeable turn of events."
:4alph: "I thought I could fix anything, but you're the only one who can fix my heart."
:4jigglypuff: "Shall I serenade you 'til you fall asleep in my arms?"
:4bowser: "You're the only princess for me! Let's dominate this world together!"
:4dedede: "Hey baby. You ever date a guy with his own castle?"
:4falcon:"FALCON HUG!"
:4zss:"When I'm with you I feel like I can take on any bounty."
:4lucario:"My Aura is strongest when I'm with you."
:4zelda:"You give me the strength to lead my kingdom."
:4drmario:"This doctor's prescribing two doses of lovestruck!"
:4duckhunt:"Heeheeheehee."
:4greninja:"Gren, gren gren ninja ja ja!" (Translation by :mewtwopm:He says "I'm pretty stealthy, but you were the one to sneak into my heart." )

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know someone is going to HAVE draw confession images for all the characters in Smash Bros. now, right?
Whoever ends up illustrating it, you should start with Wii Fit Trainer.
Because reasons.
Please start with Wii Fit Trainer. :4wiifit:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of character confessions,,,

: You'll get your love... another day. <CUT>No, you'll get it today!

:troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If we got THIS though!

Link would be my forever main!
I'm not really a fan of Hyrule Warriors's character redesigns, what with Link's colorblind scheme, and Zelda's jug-emphasizing armor, and Impa being a samurai for some reason.
That being said, it's better looking than this:

WHERE ARE HIS EYEBROWS. :mad:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
How about DLC costumes?
Like id pay for hooded robin and gc villager
*Morgan Robin
*Lucas Ness (if he's not brought back on his own)
*Pajamas Ness
*Commander Lucas (for either situation with him)
*Green-haired female Robin
I'm actually not crazy about the Mewtwo dlc (since I'm not into Pokemon) but I am interested in seeing how he plays in this game.

I ended up choosing The Wonderful 101. (Had to kill Trine 2 in the process) For some reason I needed 13 GB of free space when the game close to 10 GB...
And I would've gotten 3D Land as well if I hadn't gotten Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! :/ It was a rarity and I enjoyed Punch Out!! so I felt like getting it...

It's a big tease man... but it's better then nothing, I guess.

Wish the newer Mute City song was a medley with Climax's MC tbh.

Also, why hasn't this been a poster yet?
I just noticed that Pikachu is grabbing onto Charizard's horns and riding it... Just when I thought this poster couldn't get more epic.

I wish the Greninja one had a physical poster as well, because Sugimori.

So many Sonic OCs. But no Sonic the Ogrehog. 0/10

:231:

20XX.

And Melee is still big.
Quick, we need to go back in time and tell Ness to stop Giygas!

Yes, I am aware you aren't interested in EB. I just couldn't resist.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dear Intelligent Systems,

I know you have been busy recently. What with SMTxFE, FE14, S.T.E.A.M., as well as cooperating with card companies to get the FE TCG up and going again, and musicians for your FE 25th concert.

But this

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/paper_mario_3ds_leak.gif?w=320&h=240

Please let this be a thing as well.

Sincerely,

I just want some ****ing Paper Mario.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328

I know you have been busy recently. What with SMTxFE, FE14, S.T.E.A.M., as well as cooperating with card companies to get the FE TCG up and going again, and musicians for your FE 25th concert.

But this

Sincerely,

I generally don't trust leaks, but after the whole Rayman incident I'm really skeptical.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I generally don't trust leaks, but after the whole Rayman incident I'm really skeptical.
If you think you're desensitized to leaks after one youtube video, play an MMO for about five or six years and you will be HIGHLY, HIGHLY desensitized to leaks. I never trust any "leak" or "unnamed reliable industry insider source" or anything like that anymore. Unless it comes straight from the producer's mouth, I neither trust nor believe it.

Yeah, I'm cynical. What can I say?

Cynical Serf, at your service.

Shaymikyu

I can't trust leaks anymore. I won't assume they're fake immediately, but I have to see it revealed on the official site for something nowadays to accept it. That Rayman "leak" just further pushed my standards for accepting a leak as truth.

And yes, I was one of those people that assumed the real SSB leak was altered Brawl footage. I accepted it as truth once Shulk was revealed and had the same exact model as in the leak.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's my alternate costume DLC Tier List at the moment:

1. Ocarina of Time costumes (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik)
2. Morgan alt (Robin, both genders obviously)
3. More palette swaps (Robin, Wario, Villager, Bowser Jr., Wii Fit Trainer)
4. Proto Man (Mega Man alt)
5. Starfox 64/Melee alts (Fox, Falco)
6. Everything else

Shaymikyu

Kind of random, but it bugs me that there isn't a section in the voice test where you can hear Assist Trophy clips. It makes more sense than having them for bosses (which might as well just be called "Metal Face"- not that I mind listening to Metal Face, of course).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wonder if a Morgan alt would be feasible? Would she be too short?
One thing I noticed is that by the default heights for Robin in Awakening, :4robinm: is significantly taller than :4robinf:.
Of course, in Smash they are obviously the same height.

So now the concern is whether or not they made male Robin shorter, or female taller. If the former, then I see no issue with Morgan being an alt.

Shaymikyu

I wonder if a Morgan alt would be feasible? Would she be too short?
One thing I noticed is that by the default heights for Robin in Awakening, :4robinm: is significantly taller than :4robinf:.
Of course, in Smash they are obviously the same height.

So now the concern is whether or not they made male Robin shorter, or female taller. If the former, then I see no issue with Morgan being an alt.
I wouldn't think making Morgan the same height as Robin is too much of a stretch, personally.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Am I the only person who would be indifferent about a Morgan alt for Robin? Not outright against, but I wouldn't see myself using them if they were added.

As for alts I actually want, Skyward Sword Zelda please. I'd main Zelda if that was added. I also liked Sheik's redesign in Hyrule Warriors (as well as most character designs in that game. Cia's default outfit was the only one I disliked - I feel like they "overdid" her, if you know what I mean).
Also FE1 Marth

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Am I the only person who would be indifferent about a Morgan alt for Robin? Not outright against, but I wouldn't see myself using them if they were added.
...Why do people always say this? Of course you are not the only person who would indifferent. That's impossible.
It just seems like being a downer for the sake of being a downer.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

But this

Sincerely,

I would love for this to be real, especially since I never got to experience Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. However, I'll consider this fake until I see confirmation by Nintendo themselves or some bloody good proof besides what I just saw. Then again, as @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu noted, after seeing the Rayman DLC leak and finding out it's a fake, perhaps even bloody good proof won't be enough. :p

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'd still be willing to pay for a 3DS port of Paper Mario TTYD even if I still have a working copy of it and a Wii to play it on.

I love that game too much to pass on the opportunity to have an excuse to play it again.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I was very skeptical of leaks before the rayman incident, that just enforced my skepticism. I really want Nintendo to make a Paper Mario game in the vein of TTYD. TTYD is one of my all time favourite games. If Nintendo made dlc skins I kind of want to see a Grima skin for Robin, although I don't know how they would go about doing something like that, other than maybe making Robin's eyes red.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Top Bottom