• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Ah Paper Mario: TTYD...
That was my favorite RPG growing up. I loved the music, the surroundings, the color, the story, the battles, the partners, and so much more. I've replayed it a couple times as a child and I think it still holds up. Even to this day, I would list Paper Mario within my top 3 RPGs, right alongside Xenoblade and Awakening.

As for this leak, I won't believe it. After seeing the Rayman leak, anything is possible to fake. I still won't believe it even if we got a video with audio, gameplay, and what the bottom screen looks like; I think it can be easily manipulated. Would I like to see this be real? Sure, only because TTYD is the game that Sticker Star wished it was.
I'm pretty skeptical on leaks in general and I won't believe this unless Nintendo gives an official confirmation.

Speaking of alternate costumes, this costume NEEDS to exist in Smash 4.

With the voice, because of course. OoT Ganondorf is also essential.
OoT Link is the Link that I prefer; every time when I play as Link in PM, I would play as him with the OoT costume.
If that was an alt. costume in Smash 4 and his voice accompanied it... that would make my day.

I can't trust leaks anymore. I won't assume they're fake immediately, but I have to see it revealed on the official site for something nowadays to accept it. That Rayman "leak" just further pushed my standards for accepting a leak as truth.

And yes, I was one of those people that assumed the real SSB leak was altered Brawl footage. I accepted it as truth once Shulk was revealed and had the same exact model as in the leak.
I was skeptical on that leak as well...
I started to believe it when Bowser Jr.'s footage was leaked. A majority of his mods involve him as a Bowser clone; I haven't seen one that is as elaborate as him using the Clown Car.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I swear if that Paper Mario TTYD 3D leak is a fake, I'm going to use the Stone Mask against the first person I cross paths with!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
....going back to sleep, then.

I'll wake you when SMTxFE is officially shown. And we will need you.

Yes, I am aware you aren't interested in EB.
It irks me when my non-interest and/or opinions of some franchises or games is seen as negative or even implied to be when I really mean no ill will towards it.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I'll wake you when SMTxFE is officially shown. And we will need you.

It irks me when my non-interest and/or opinions of some franchises or games is seen as negative or even implied to be when I really mean no ill will towards it.
I didn't mean it negatively. Sorry if it came across that way. I understand- it's the same way I feel about, say, F-Zero. I'm sure it's wonderful, but it's not a type of game I'm interested in.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't know how many of you are interested/in the US, but Pokemon just revealed more dates for their Symphony concert.

I for one am happy seeing that in June they'll be a short car trip away from me so I'm gonna try to round up some of my friends to go check it out.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-symphony/

Shaymikyu

I don't know how many of you are interested/in the US, but Pokemon just revealed more dates for their Symphony concert.

I for one am happy seeing that in June they'll be a short car trip away from me so I'm gonna try to round up some of my friends to go check it out.

I really want to go, but all the locations have been too far for me.:( I'm still hoping against the odds that they'll release a CD version.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I'd love to go myself but, just like @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu , I'm too far away from the closet cities they are playing in, which is Vancouver and Seattle. That's alright though. I'm already going to a Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy concert in April and The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess Master Quest concert in May so I'll survive somehow. ^w^

Hmmmmm, it appears I got something in the mail...... :4pacman:

:4robinm:"Time to frame this poster!"

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Dear Intelligent Systems,

I know you have been busy recently. What with SMTxFE, FE14, S.T.E.A.M., as well as cooperating with card companies to get the FE TCG up and going again, and musicians for your FE 25th concert.

But this

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/paper_mario_3ds_leak.gif?w=320&h=240

Please let this be a thing as well.

Sincerely,

I just want some ****ing Paper Mario.
I would really love for that to be real because I can't find the game at a decent price :c

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'd love to go myself but, just like @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu , I'm too far away from the closet cities they are playing in, which is Vancouver and Seattle. That's alright though. I'm already going to a Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy concert in April and The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddess Master Quest concert in May so I'll survive somehow. ^w^

Hmmmmm, it appears I got something in the mail...... :4pacman:

:4robinm:"Time to frame this poster!"
Imma gonna steal that poster.... :4wario2:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

I want this train to keep going. C'mon. <3
Dang it.. You're too late Nintendo Direct!!! (if it's real that is)

I loved TTYD, but I don't know if I would go buy it if it was a simple port. If there's additional extras or something, then maybe.
More looking forward to a new Paper Mario. (and hopefully not lackluster this time...)

Now I'm wanting the original Paper Mario to get remade.

Alts?
:4fox:Assault and SNES palette
:4myfriends:PoR Lord palette
:4falcon:SNES (like PM)
:4tlink:YOUNG LINK
:4ness:Ninten? (doubt it)
:4roy:FE Roy

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would love for this to be real, especially since I never got to experience Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
WHAAAAT

MISTER MAN I WILL PERSONALLY RUN TO CANADA AND MAKE YOU PLAY THIS UNABASHED CLASSIC OF AN RPG

IT IS THAT GOOD

GET TO IT

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Gooood.

All the Paper Mario misser-outers up in this joint.

I swear TTYD was like my favourite thing ever when I was a kid.

Screw it, if this leak is legit, that's jumping straight to the top of my "DO WANT" list.

D

Deleted member

TTYD is boss.

And I was one of those people that also really liked Sticker Star. :p

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Am I the only person who would be indifferent about a Morgan alt for Robin? Not outright against, but I wouldn't see myself using them if they were added.

As for alts I actually want, Skyward Sword Zelda please. I'd main Zelda if that was added. I also liked Sheik's redesign in Hyrule Warriors (as well as most character designs in that game. Cia's default outfit was the only one I disliked - I feel like they "overdid" her, if you know what I mean).
Also FE1 Marth
Wouldn't Morgan alt just be a build 2 Robin alt? I much prefer build 3.

As for alts I want, Soren for Robin alt since they are both similar, HW Zelda chara alts, maybe Dragonite for Charizard alt and Impa for Shiek alt.

Shaymikyu

April Fools is near
Don't raise your hopes too much :happysheep:
Another good point, actually. Be wary of ANYTHING short of official announcements at this time of year... And even sometimes the official sources get in on the action.
Wouldn't Morgan alt just be a build 2 Robin alt? I much prefer build 3.

As for alts I want, Soren for Robin alt since they are both similar, HW Zelda chara alts, maybe Dragonite for Charizard alt and Impa for Shiek alt.
Build 2 Robin does indeed have the same body as Morgan.

And I'd LOVE Build 3 in SSB, unlikely as it is. I want my true Robin and thug male Robin who looks like a brute but is still a total nerd.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
OH, IS IT PAPER MARIO TIME?! TTYD IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER GRACE MARIO IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!!

....Anyway, TTYD was just a fantastic game. I've always thought Mario games were good, but this one....This one was just PURE GOLD.

The characters, the battles, the story, the environments...I don't know what the hell the IS team did, but everything was just spot-on. Super Mario RPG just WISHES it could be as good as Paper Mario.

WHAAAAT

MISTER MAN I WILL PERSONALLY RUN TO CANADA AND MAKE YOU PLAY THIS UNABASHED CLASSIC OF AN RPG

IT IS THAT GOOD

GET TO IT
What this fine lady said. Anyone who hasn't experienced one of the greatest games of the GCN era needs to do something about it.

NOW.

On a side note, I doubt I'll be getting the ported version IF it is real, due to me having the original. Though I have gotten remakes before.

Wait, people don't like Cia's design in Hyrule Warriors?
Blasphemy.
It's like they were trying too hard to catch your attention. Sure, she's TECHNICALLY hot, but she's lacks a distinct charm that could've made her legitimately appealing. Instead, she's just kinda....in your face with her looks. Not that it's a real problem, but still.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's like they were trying too hard to catch your attention. Sure, she's TECHNICALLY hot, but she's lacks a distinct charm that could've made her legitimately appealing. Instead, she's just kinda....in your face with her looks. Not that it's a real problem, but still.[/quote]
That's the point, though. She's supposed to be somewhat obnoxiously attractive. Kinda like Lana is obnoxiously cutesty/peppy.
I am quite fond of both.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

I've been on a Paper Mario high because of everything today. btw, best song in the entire series, not just PM.

Maybe the Paper Mario stage on Smash 3DS having just Sticker Star and TTYD content was a sign of things to come. And that the TTYD portion was on the only non-explorable area in the actual game just to tease and whet our appetites. :V

I really want this dammit

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Then neither will I.

Hold, Zantetsugun! I admire your courage and determination to face me, but alas, I would rather us become comrades, allies, and friends then sworn enemies over a simple poster, albeit a really sexy poster. Therefore, let us bear no hostility towards one another, for I do not wish to do battle with a noble man such as yourself. After all, a true gentleman would value concord over discord.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hold, Zantetsugun! I admire your courage and determination to face me, but alas, I would rather us become comrades, allies, and friends then sworn enemies over a simple poster, albeit a really sexy poster. Therefore, let us bear no hostility towards one another, for I do not wish to do battle with a noble man such as yourself. After all, a true gentleman would value concord over discord.

I see. You have convinced me with your words good sir. Let us mark this day as the beginning of a great friendship and camaraderie. I graciously accept your offer.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I see. You have convinced me with your words good sir. Let us mark this day as the beginning of a great friendship and camaraderie. I graciously accept your offer.

Thank you, good sir. I am touched by your acceptance for friendship and camaraderie.

Our bonds have grown stronger through this strife. :4robinm:

Top Bottom