• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I like the pink one the most. :3

*Hopes I get the answer right*
Out of all :4robinf: palletes, I indeedly prefer the pink one, so for me you are correct.
It just seen to have more harmony with the shades, imo.

My favorite of all, though, is default :4robinm:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I like to pretend that what goes on between @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and @ender_idk is kind of like The Highlander and, if they run into each other IRL, they will enter a battle to the death for ultimate supremacy.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Sooooooo... when do we destroy the soul i mean welcome our new member with our traditional "Hedgehog greeting"? :4sonic:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
@Antonykun No problem homie.
@ Elezir Elezir It looks magnificent homie.
@Wintropy Confirmed homie.
@ Moydow Moydow Me too homie.
@Sanae Welcome aboard homie.

Homie homie homie homie homie. Alright, got it out of my system. Couple more specific bits.

Does anybody else find that air jumps sometimes randomly "disappear"? Like, you're sure you have a jump left when you're trying to recover, but it never comes out and you just fall to your death anyway? I've been getting that a lot lately. I suspect it may have something to do with input buffering, but I'm not sure.
Mostly this happens to me when I drop offsides hungry for a gimp. I'm not one hundred percent sure what the cause is, but I feel your pain.

If you do pin it down let me know though.
Three versions because I suck at coming up with backgrounds sometimes, yeah.
The last one looks the best for me, though. Maybe I just prefer simple things.
The other two were made because I thought an apple would look funny in the background.
Thank you thank you thank you. Bouncy sheep engaged.:happysheep:

I agree with you on the final one being the best here. The four characters and their level of detail already give the user a lot to focus on; the apple backgrounds are pretty but a bit much on the eyes.
Caught that reference by the way. Clever.

Maybe try just a few randomly scattered apples, rather than a full-on repeating pattern? Keep them small-ish, give them plenty of space to play with, rotate 'em around a bit like they've been thrown.

Let's get down to business
To defeat the Grimleal.
Did they send me novices
When I asked for grandmasters?
I want to find a rhyme for that section. I really do.

I can't think of one, but I want one.

More incoming after I've arrived at work.
Ten pages later.

Elezir

. Bouncy sheep engaged.:happysheep:

I agree with you on the final one being the best here. The four characters and their level of detail already give the user a lot to focus on; the apple backgrounds are pretty but a bit much on the eyes.
Caught that reference by the way. Clever.

Maybe try just a few randomly scattered apples, rather than a full-on repeating pattern? Keep them small-ish, give them plenty of space to play with, rotate 'em around a bit like they've been thrown.
Yeah, I wanted to throw them into the background because of the reference, and to make it more funny to combine with the nature of the image, but couldn't find a way to make it less...saturated.
Your idea is pretty good, though. I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I prefer my Robin :4robinm:, sometimes throwing in green or white palette to the mix. Green in particular throws me back to FE7 as my first FE-game from few years ago.

Also wish we could still plays Morgans or even Soren or Nino. *Sigh*.

At least we have :4robinf: still, right?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
A recruit from the "opposing" force? How fitting for a Fire Emblem thread. Robin may indeed be a good compliment to Greninja since they play so differently. Also, you will grow to love Elwind once you get even just semi-consistent with landing the spike hitbox.
My one problem with Robin is that Greninja's MU spread is so good I don't have much reason to use him over the frog. Greninja only loses to Sheik, Fox. Sonic and MK and I don't think Robin fares much better against them.

Also if you want ez likes, post in this thread. @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and @ender_idk are relentless.:078:
NonSpecificGuy already lurks the Greninja and Zelda social, I'm very familiar to the art of like spam.

I still don't know how NSG is able to like every single post he misses. It's really uncharacteristically fast. Lol

D

Deleted member

Out of all :4robinf: palletes, I indeedly prefer the pink one, so for me you are correct.
It just seen to have more harmony with the shades, imo.

My favorite of all, though, is default :4robinm:
Her pink hair is so pretty and her outfit is so coordinated it looks amazing. c:

I'm torn between the default :4robinm: and the one with the black hair D:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I like to pretend that what goes on between @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and @ender_idk is kind of like The Highlander and, if they run into each other IRL, they will enter a battle to the death for ultimate supremacy.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Does the winner absorb all the likes of the looser in a thunderous explosion of electricity?

Hang on, I'll get some popcorn for this.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
A few days ago I lost three online FG games in a row because I didn't have a double jump. It usually doesn't happen to me so it's always so frustrating. Pink is my favourite Robin colour palette to play with overall. I'm not sure if I like green male Robin or white mage male Robin more though.
Welp, if I must. I will battle!
Have you guys played online much?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm a Robin main and have been lurking in this thread and figured it was time to say hi.
So....hey guys! :nervous: :4robinf:
Greetings Sanae! It's an absolute pleasure to have you join our ranks. ^w^ I truly hope that you enjoy yourself among your fellow tacticians and become comfortable around us. I am Syrek. I go by many titles such as the Shipping Lord and High Tactical Ogrelord but I'm also known for being a unabashed flirtatious gentleman.

Also, pink is a most excellent colour, especially on :4robinf:. <3

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Still wanted 8 colours for both Robins.
Boo Sakurai. BOO!
But that little ****** :4littlemac: gets sixteen.

Sixteen!

But the character, where customization is way more important to her source material, only gets 8.

Because
. That's why.
Have you ever made a game?

I still don't know how NSG is able to like every single post he misses. It's really uncharacteristically fast. Lol
He watches you sleep and likes each rise and fall of your chest.
Does the winner absorb all the likes of the looser in a thunderous explosion of electricity?

That is exactly what I had in mind.:054:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A few days ago I lost three online FG games in a row because I didn't have a double jump. It usually doesn't happen to me so it's always so frustrating. Pink is my favourite Robin colour palette to play with overall. I'm not sure if I like green male Robin or white mage male Robin more though.

Have you guys played online much?
I suck at Sm4sh. I've always been good at Melee and Brawl but Sm4sh has yet to click with me

Elezir

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Are we having bets too?
I'd bet on @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy since he seems to have more consistency on the frequency of his likes, but I wouldn't underestimate @ender_idk, as he has potential to make a recovery and total comeback with the right to critical damage.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm a bit late on this, but I figured better late then never right?

@ FullMoon FullMoon @Sanae
It's always a pleasure to see some new faces join our ranks, and we're happy to have you. Enjoy your stay and hopefully don't get too weirded out by our shenanigans.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
But that little ****er :4littlemac: gets sixteen.

Sixteen!

But the character, where customization is way more important to her source material, only gets 8.

Because
. That's why.
*incoherent mumbling*

Hokori

Great King of Evil
My, my....I guess I've never noticed how active the Robin social is. 18 users viewing the thread is nice. Then again, I'm not involved in any other character social to make any comparisons.

EDIT - It just dropped to 14, but whatever.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Welcome to our ranks. I've B and C Supported nearly everyone here, but I've heard rumors that once S-Support is reached, you get a free tactician's robe.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Sixteen!

Because
. That's why.
And now you know why Sakurai is the ultimate troll.

.......Or so they say.

Elezir

My, my....I guess I've never noticed how active the Robin social is. 18 users viewing the thread is nice. Then again, I'm not involved in any other character social to make any comparisons.

EDIT - It just dropped to 14, but whatever.
I think the only social more active than us is the Zelda social.
The Ness social, at least, isn't nearly as active (unfortunately).
It's still a nice place.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Welcome to our ranks. I've B and C Supported nearly everyone here, but I've heard rumors that once S-Support is reached, you get a free tactician's robe.
S-Support is how you obtain the tactician's robe, huh? Makes sense why I don't have one then. Looks like I need to spend more time here.

I think the only social more active than us is the Zelda social.
The Ness social, at least, isn't nearly as active (unfortunately).
It's still a nice place.
The Zelda social would've been my first guess of any possible socials more active than this once. Mainly because I see it on my activity feed quite often.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Well when you have such a large people buying your products like Sakurai you're bound to upset people either way. Maybe he just wants to get as much enjoyment out of it as possible. I'd love to have a tactician robe IRL, but I'd be too embarrassed to actually wear it anywhere. I'd only wear it to a convention if I had a matching wig and other accessories.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
WIZARD'S DROPKICK IS AMAZING
Sorry just had to get this out of my system, Ganondorfs will be so fun to see at EVO

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It would be pretty cool to see an update with the inclusion of Mewtwo that would give characters more palette swaps/alternate costumes to equal out Mac's 18.

Elezir

Sixteen!

Because
. That's why.
I have the impression Sakurai wanted to give Robin an actual face and name, therefore, giving him an identity.
He could have just made Robin's alts as the other choices you have to customise your MU, and given him the name "Tactician" or "Avatar", just like he did with Villager.
Instead, he decided to keep Robin's default appearance and name and give him color swaps for alts, like most characters get.

And honestly, for reasons I already stated here, I prefer it this way. Could be just my bias for getting to know Robin via Sm4sh, but I can't perceive "Robin" as "Robin" when I see anything else that's not the default one.

I'm all for more pallete swaps or even alternate costumes, like a Grandmaster costume, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom