• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
Damn. I still can't think of a good Uspecial for Robin. Wind is the obvious choice, but I got that with Sspecial. What's a good way to a Uspecial of fire or lightning but still leaving it as a

type of move.
Honestly, I always envisioned her using Wind with her U-Special. I would just make a new S-Special.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I agree, I really did like how Robin (or rather, the representation of you and your decisions) was presented in Awakening. I especially like how you can do whatever you want with Robin; you can re-class him/her into anything, you can marry him/her to anyone you want, and what decisions Robin makes can have an impact on the game, whether it was a story-driven decision or one made on the battlefield. As a representation of the player, you have complete control over your own destiny in the game; you can influence what kinds of paths the other characters will take, but it's ultimately you that can do anything you like.

I've said this before, but I think that while Chrom may be the face of Awakening, Robin is the heart. And I think the heart is more important.
Chrom may be the face of Awakening, but Robin is the heart... I like that. I like that a lot False.

Let's hope that Sakurai smiles down on our favorite strategist.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Damn. I still can't think of a good Uspecial for Robin. Wind is the obvious choice, but I got that with Sspecial. What's a good way to a Uspecial of fire or lightning but still leaving it as a

type of move.
Well i can't imagine that kind of effect on a recovey, but i guess robin could create a fire explosion to propel him/herself , but anyone trying to attack him/her would be caught in the explosion wich could have a meteor smash effect. So anyone trying to mess with Robin's recovery has to watch out for that.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I like it as well, but who is the soul of Awakening if Robin is the heart? Or is she the heart and the soul?
Well, if you want to get that technical about it, I suppose I was referring to the "heart" more in the sense of a "soul" rather than that of a physical organ. So, to answer your question, I guess I would say Robin is both the heart and the soul of Awakening. Robin plays an undeniably huge part in making Awakening what it is, and helps to breath life into it. Awakening would not be the game we know and love (or have mixed feelings towards) without Robin.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I think the soul would be all the characters....

Full Awakening cast for Smash 4.
Maybe Robin can pull the characters out randomly like Peach pulls out turnips.

Edit - And throw them, of course.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
So tell me again why people think Chrom is more likely than Robin.

Don't answer that.

I get it that we over-analyze things and we are clearly Robin-biased. Yeah, Chrom is rather present for the first eleven chapters of the game. But Robin is there even before that. If you are not seeing Robin on the screen, you are seeing the world through Robin's eyes. Certainly more of a main character than anyone. Even if you only sample the game, Robin has a pretty strong case by throwing lightning from the very first moment you see her.

Chrom is quite the poster boy, I'll give you that much. Still, it's not even as severe as people make it out to be. Maybe it's because people are trying to make a pattern of the newest Fire Emblem lords appearing in Smash Bros.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Don't answer that.

I get it that we over-analyze things and we are clearly Robin-biased. Yeah, Chrom is rather present for the first eleven chapters of the game. But Robin is there even before that. If you are not seeing Robin on the screen, you are seeing the world through Robin's eyes. Certainly more of a main character than anyone. Even if you only sample the game, Robin has a pretty strong case by throwing lightning from the very first moment you see her.

Chrom is quite the poster boy, I'll give you that much. Still, it's not even as severe as people make it out to be. Maybe it's because people are trying to make a pattern of the newest Fire Emblem lords appearing in Smash Bros.
So... Do you want a discussion on the matter, or did you just want to put that thought out there?

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Don't answer that.

Because people think that only lords have chance of being playable, there's also the Gematsu leak and it's cult following.
Edit: Sorry for answering but i seriously think some people overestimate chrom's chances.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Don't answer that.

The Chrom supporters are just as bias as the Robin supporters lol.

Hong

The Strongest
So... Do you want a discussion on the matter, or did you just want to put that thought out there?
Oh, discuss it, just assuming the obvious instead of repeating the same rhetoric we have been reading prior.

It's not like we are pining for some side or obscure character. I don't think Robin is guaranteed to appear, so much as I don't think her chances are any less than Chrom. Not by any stretch.
Because people think that only lords have chance of being playable, there's also the Gematsu leak and it's cult following.
Fraud.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Gematsu cult now? XD

People will swallow anything... even a hope of his/her's favorite character. Think of it this way, if Robin was in the Gematsu leak, we'd be defending it.

Morbi

Scavenger

Don't answer that.

I honestly do believe that Robin is more likely than Chrom; if I did not, I would be in the Chrom thread (probably not, but still). Robin seems like the more prominent character honestly, the first time I played the game, that notion was not as apparent; however, as I played further into the game, it became blatantly obvious. I try to see it from Sakurai's perspective, and the stars line up for Robin. But I see it from Intelligent Systems perspective, and that is what worries me.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I honestly do believe that Robin is more likely than Chrom; if I did not, I would be in the Chrom thread (probably not, but still). Robin seems like the more prominent character honestly, the first time I played the game, that notion was not as apparent; however, as I played further into the game, it became blatantly obvious. I try to see it from Sakurai's perspective, and the stars line up for Robin. But I see it from Intelligent Systems perspective, and that is what worries me.
Awakening DID save Fire Emblem's hide... and Robin was a part of it, while lords have been in every game. IDK, I just think Intelligent Systems may just think along the lines of Robin.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Gematsu cult now? XD

People will swallow anything... even a hope of his/her's favorite character. Think of it this way, if Robin was in the Gematsu leak, we'd be defending it.
True, Bias affects any character so we might as well just wait.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
You know, I've always been a supporter of both Robin and Chrom, but I couldn't choose between the two of them to save my life. And lately, this thread has been steering me more towards Robin.

...What is happening to me?!

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't say that.

I have no idea how people have reached adulthood without developing a semblance of critical thinking. The Smash Community is a scammers paradise.

Look at the people who were trying to defend and justify a 100% obviously fraudulent character select screen, even after people have produced better products in shorter time. People would still be defending it if the original creator didn't step up, even after flaws were found. People were defending those flaws and willing to take the fight to the grave.

Morbi

Scavenger
Awakening DID save Fire Emblem's hide... and Robin was a part of it, while lords have been in every game. IDK, I just think Intelligent Systems may just think along the lines of Robin.
If Intelligent Systems thinks along the lines of Robin, I am convinced that she will be chosen over Chrom. I just feel as though Mr. Marketing is a better (more ideal) choice from their perspective. But again, Sakurai's urge to gender-swap Robin might be our saving grace.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You know, I've always been a supporter of both Robin and Chrom, but I couldn't choose between the two of them to save my life. And lately, this thread has been steering me more towards Robin.

Your persona is evolving.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, one thing I've never understood about the Gematsu Leak, or rather, it's worshippers, is that prior to the second "leak," it seemed like most people didn't believe it. Even after E3, there were some people who believed it, but most were skeptical about it. But after the second part came out, that seemed to be the point where everyone started preaching the word of Gematsu... But the second leak hasn't proven itself at all, so why did people start believing it all of the sudden?

Don't answer that.

I have to wonder if one of the reasons that so many consider Chrom to be a guarantee is because that's what they thought when Awakening first came into the picture. Robin was definitely not considered much of a viable candidate before characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer showed up. I wonder if people just never left that mentality... The Gematsu leak doesn't help anything, either.

Hong

The Strongest
In any interview, did anyone from the development staff vouch positively for Chrom after the game was released?

Robin certainly had positive words. Even Lucina has had more love from the developer after the release of Awakening than Chrom.

Morbi

Scavenger

I was the same exact way, I supported both characters until this thread. This thread is probably my favorite character support thread on Smashboards.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'll admit.

The big thing Chrom has going for him is Intelligent systems.

Sakurai asked IS every time about FE characters. Marth was the obvious choice of course. He's the mascot. The must have.

Then they pointed him to Roy, to advertise their upcoming game. That's right. Roy's very first video game appearance was actually Melee and not FE6.

Then they pointed him to Ike.

Now while I could see Sakurai choosing Robin over Chrom with the newcomers he has showed so far. I can also definitely see IS pushing Chrom over Robin.

:L

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

JOIN THE ARMY!

You know, one thing I've never understood about the Gematsu Leak, or rather, it's worshippers, is that prior to the second "leak," it seemed like most people didn't believe it. Even after E3, there were some people who believed it, but most were skeptical about it. But after the second part came out, that seemed to be the point where everyone started preaching the word of Gematsu... But the second leak hasn't proven itself at all, so why did people start believing it all of the sudden?
Character bias.
Shulk, Palutena, Chrom...

In any interview, did anyone from the development staff vouch positively for Chrom after the game was released?

Robin certainly had positive words. Even Lucina has had more love from the developer after the release of Awakening than Chrom.
I'm not sure... but I'll look into that.

Now, back to Psych.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I have to wonder if one of the reasons that so many consider Chrom to be a guarantee is because that's what they thought when Awakening first came into the picture. Robin was definitely not considered much of a viable candidate before characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer showed up. I wonder if people just never left that mentality... The Gematsu leak doesn't help anything, either.
Some people seem to like to make arbitrary patterns, so in their eyes, Chrom was going to replace Ike because Roy.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was the same exact way, I supported both characters until this thread. This thread is probably my favorite character support thread on Smashboards.
Really? That's kind of saying a lot, especially since you frequent the Ridley thread, which is probably the most social support thread in existence. So why's this one your favorite?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
The only reason I supported that leak in the first place was because it had Shulk.

Posted this in the Daily Pic Thread. My thoughts on Chrom are as follows:

As much as I like Chrom, I personally don't think he should be in smash. I fear that having three blue haired swordsman will give FE a bad rep in a way, if that makes any sense. People who haven't played FE all that much could be reluctant to play as Chrom since Ike's in or something.

"Oooh. Marth and Ike return! And that guy from Awakening is there too! With Marth's sword!"

"Another blue-haired swordsman? Boooring."

"Fire Emblem: Path of the prancing blue haired lords..."

*activates flame shield* It's just a feeling though. Sakurai could very well prove me wrong.
With that being said, Robin would definitely be a perfect rep of the fire emblem franchise. Like people have already said, he/she offers more versatility in terms of gameplay. The ability to use both swords and magic? No other character, at least that we know of right now, can fight like that.

Morbi

Scavenger

I never understood that either, perhaps it was the conglomeration of speculating in favor of Pokemon X and Y (Greninja), therefore adding liability in addition to the leak becoming more highly publicized (more incompetent individuals to fall for the trap) and the notion that many had time to "forget" about the leak not being entirely accurate (Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac, who was also on the roster) in addition to a reason for the leaker to exclude Rosalina (again Pokemon from X and Y).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'll admit.

The big thing Chrom has going for him is Intelligent systems.

Sakurai asked IS every time about FE characters. Marth was the obvious choice of course. He's the mascot. The must have.

Then they pointed him to Roy, to advertise their upcoming game. That's right. Roy's very first video game appearance was actually Melee and not FE6.

Then they pointed him to Ike.

Now while I could see Sakurai choosing Robin over Chrom with the newcomers he has showed so far. I can also definitely see IS pushing Chrom over Robin.

:L
We never know though, I don't remember where, but i heard IS had Ike as their favorite character overall or something among those lines, so maybe it doesn't have to do with blue hair lord of cover bias or anything, but rather love for their character. So unless they really like Chrom, who knows.

Top Bottom