• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
At least Mystletainn would look kind of unique compared to Marth's Falchion and Ragnell :D

AND WHENEVER I TRY TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING FUN YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN D:<
Well... I like the fun stuff...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What is happening to this thread????
E3 is happening.
I don't think E3 alone can explain the sudden burst of activity this thread had. If that were the case, then every thread should be exploding at this point, but there are still a number of threads that are rather inactive, especially compared to the minute-by-minute action this thread has now.

Though I'm not quite sure what the root cause of all the activity is. Perhaps it's because Ike was revealed, and more people became less fond of the idea of Chrom and started to more actively support Robin. Perhaps we just happened to have a large increase of new supporters who are helping to keep the thread moving. Maybe people are just becoming more open to the idea of Robin being in Smash and are showing active support for the idea. And, of course, today's reveal certainly helped keep things moving a bit. So, I guess there are a lot of explanations as to why this thread is growing so quickly. Though I suppose that in the end, why the thread is so active as of late doesn't matter too much. We should just be happy that Robin is finally getting some genuine support, and that his/her chances are looking better and better.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I don't think E3 alone can explain the sudden burst of activity this thread had. If that were the case, then every thread should be exploding at this point, but there are still a number of threads that are rather inactive, especially compared to the minute-by-minute action this thread has now.

Though I'm not quite sure what the root cause of all the activity is. Perhaps it's because Ike was revealed, and more people became less fond of the idea of Chrom and started to more actively support Robin. Perhaps we just happened to have a large increase of new supporters who are helping to keep the thread moving. Maybe people are just becoming more open to the idea of Robin being in Smash and are showing active support for the idea. And, of course, today's reveal certainly helped keep things moving a bit. So, I guess there are a lot of explanations as to why this thread is growing so quickly. Though I suppose that in the end, why the thread is so active as of late doesn't matter too much. We should just be happy that Robin is finally getting some genuine support, and that his/her chances are looking better and better.
I dont even read your comments, the walls of text alone soothe me.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Wow, there's a lot of people watching this thread right now... quick, brain, say something clever and relevant!

Hodor!

DAMNNIT >.<

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

There's your answer.

Before Ike's Reveal, this thread advanced on 2 to 3 pages a day on average. On occasion, it was higher.

After: Well, just look at this place.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I dont even read your comments, the walls of text alone soothe me.
I'm not sure whether I should be happy that the efforts I put into my posts put people at ease, or offended that people don't actually take time to read them.

Morbi

Scavenger

In addition to Ike, we also just had the stage reveal which confirms the notion that many expect a Fire Emblem newcomer. So I suppose that is a contributing factor in addition to the Trophy Quiz theory as e3 approaches. I also speculate that it has something to do with Chrom as many do not wish to see him in Smash Brothers, so naturally they come here to discuss everyone's favorite tactician.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
There's your answer.

Before Ike's Reveal, this thread advanced on 2 to 3 pages a day on average. On occasion, it was higher.

After: Well, just look at this place.
Everything exloped in a magnificent cloud of flower pedals.

Hong

The Strongest
Go to cook dinner -> Pages of text to read.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
I do my title justice, sir hong.
Sir... Hong..?

Suppose there has been worse.
Robin: The best case scenario.
For me, sort of.

I just think Robin is both a very good character with excellent gameplay prospects, that also just so happens to have good chances on making a playable appearance. If I were to rate Fire Emblem character based specifically on their appeal as fighters in Super Smash Bros, it would look like:

5/5:
Robin
Morgan
Anna
Tiki (RIP)

4/5
Celica
DREAD FIGHTER Alm

3/5
Ephraim
Eiirika

2/5
Lucina
Micaiah

1/5
Chrom

Of course it does not reflect my feelings on each character, since I certainly like Lucina more than everyone on this list, and Chrom over most of the lords, Micaiah included.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Go to cook dinner -> Pages of text to read.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?Sir... Hong..?

Suppose there has been worse.
For me, sort of.

I just think Robin is both a very good character with excellent gameplay prospects, that also just so happens to have good chances on making a playable appearance. If I were to rate Fire Emblem character based specifically on their appeal as fighters in Super Smash Bros, it would look like:

5/5:
Robin
Morgan
Anna
Tiki (RIP)

4/5
Celica
DREAD FIGHTER Alm

3/5
Ephraim
Eiirika

2/5
Lucina
Micaiah

1/5
Chrom

Of course it does not reflect my feelings on each character, since I certainly like Lucina more than everyone on this list, and Chrom over most of the lords, Micaiah included.
Would you prefer it if i called you papa?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Ignis for Robin's Final Smash.
Well, I would prefer an Invisible Ties kind of final smash for him/her. Consult my moveset on the first post for further details. But you could do a lot worse than Ignis for a Final Smash. Though I think that should be a special.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Watch. Any money, in the middle of the Smash presentation, Sakurai will say, "And now, we have something Fire Emblem related to discuss! Please take a look."

"...That's right! It's a picture of Luigi's nose... On the Fire Emblem stage!!!! Now, onto other topics about the game..."

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, I would prefer an Invisible Ties kind of final smash for him/her. Consult my moveset on the first post for further details. But you could do a lot worse than Ignis for a Final Smash. Though I think that should be a special.
Ignis could actually be one of her traits if she has swordplay and magic. Maybe she accrues bonuses for consistently using either, it would be an interesting mechanic.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Watch. Any money, in the middle of the Smash presentation, Sakurai will say, "And now, we have something Fire Emblem related to discuss! Please take a look."

"...That's right! It's a picture of Luigi's nose... On the Fire Emblem stage!!!! Now, onto other topics about the game..."
Luigi killed all the fire emblem newcomers.....

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I was only joking, as I'd much rather have what you suggested.

Ignis would be a neat special, as Morbid suggested above.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

...Why do I feel like I heard this joke before?

Top Bottom