• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh, really? That's pretty cool, actually. I didn't know you supported Robin that much.

Though, going off what you said about the stage making you enthusiastic about Robin, do you think this stage has an impact on Robin's chances?
I am just going to come clean; I never beat Awakening. I made it to Chapter 21, after that, Pokemon X and Y came around, after that A Link Between Worlds came around, after that... blah blah blah. Anyways, as I stated, I decided to start my file anew with default Robin (as my other one was custom). I was particularly paying attention to her role in the game. I just fell in love instantaneously! I did not even know that she was a purple antagonist until you told me to be perfectly honest. To make a long story short, she is one of my most anticipated characters. If Sakurai approached me and asked, "would you rather have Ganon, Hades, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, or Robin?" I would surely pick Robin with only a moments hesitation.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I look at it this way: There are 6 Professor Layton games, right? Each are similar, but also have small differences in design and exploration. The majority of PL fans will say The Unwound/Lost Future was the best of the series, while The Last Specter/Specter's Flute, was the weakest. Does that make LS a bad game? No, just weak on PL standards. That's how I look at Awakening. Not a bad game, just a little weaker that some of the other FE games.

Not to derail from the Awakening flaw/strength talk, but I have another question..

(Spoliers for Fire Emblem: Awakening)

I've been wondering this ever since I chose the "Sacrifice Yourself to kill Grima" ending... why didn't all of the children disappear? I mean, by classic time travel rules, they're timeline doesn't exist anymore, therefore they can't exist.

Maybe It's a whole quantum physics thing, with the children of a bad future and a good future always existing.

What do you guys think?

Also, how would you all feel if the children from FE:A returned for the next game?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I am just going to come clean; I never beat Awakening. I made it to Chapter 21, after that, Pokemon X and Y came around, after that A Link Between Worlds came around, after that... blah blah blah. Anyways, as I stated, I decided to start my file anew with default Robin (as my other one was custom). I was particularly paying attention to her role in the game. I just fell in love instantaneously! I did not even know that she was a purple antagonist until you told me to be perfectly honest. To make a long story short, she is one of my most anticipated characters. If Sakurai approached me and asked, "would you rather have Ganon, Hades, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, or Robin?" I would surely pick Robin with only a moments hesitation.
Wow. That was quick.

Though does that mean you haven't had the chance to listen to the amazing final battle theme of the game? The one that's a variation of Robin's main theme?

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I look at it this way: There are 6 Professor Layton games, right? Each are similar, but also have small differences in design and exploration. The majority of PL fans will say The Unwound/Lost Future was the best of the series, while The Last Specter/Specter's Flute, was the weakest. Does that make LS a bad game? No, just weak on PL standards. That's how I look at Awakening. Not a bad game, just a little weaker that some of the other FE games.

Not to derail from the Awakening flaw/strength talk, but I have another question..

I've been wondering this ever since I chose the "Sacrifice Yourself to kill Grima" ending... why didn't all of the children disappear? I mean, by classic time travel rules, they're timeline doesn't exist anymore, therefore they can't exist.

Maybe It's a whole quantum physics thing, with the children of a bad future and a good future always existing.

What do you guys think?

Also, how would you all feel if the children from FE:A returned for the next game?
If you have any child other than morgan, most of their suports dont make any sense.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wow. That was quick.

Though does that mean you haven't had the chance to listen to the amazing final battle theme of the game? The one that's a variation of Robin's main theme?
Id ~ Purpose for FE Wii U stage. :awesome:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
My Pre-FE SRPG experience was Shining Force (1, 2 and CD) and Final Fantasy Tactics. Of the FE games I have only ever played the Tellius games and Awakening.
And from those 3 FE games, Awakening is by far my favorite. I don't know exactly what it is about it, but just so many things work about it, often times despite itself. I mean, the battle animations are not as awesometasticly over the top as they used to be, I completely agree that the map design is bland and the story very ludicrous in many aspects, and yet I still enjoyed it much more than PoR and RD. Maybe it's because I HATE restarting a battle when somebody died to RNG. Maybe it's because Awakening didn't have all those bull**** cryptic recruitment methods for some characters.
And even though it kinda breaks the game, I really enjoy the team-up mechanic. I really enjoy the fact that if I want to, I can just grind my characters (but it isn't necessary for beating the game) - and I usually hate grinding! I also like that I can actually remember every character, even though a lot of them are very one-note.
I think when it comes down to it, I prefer Awakening because it's just so incredibly energetic and fun. The game has way more comedy than Tellius had, and even though most of it is a cheese-fest, I love every second of it. Speaking of love, I love, Love, LOVE everything about Robin.

And I can completely understand if anybody would like other entries in the series more.

Basicly, Awakening is Fire Emblem: Stupid fun edition.
Is it stupid and fun or just so fun that it's stupid - you make the call.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Id ~ Purpose for FE Wii U stage. :awesome:
Actually, I think Id ~ Purpose will appear in at least one of the versions of Smash, my guess being the 3DS version. My reasoning is that the song played during the Direct, specifically when they showed off the trophy for Tiki. Considering that the other songs they used for the Trophy Quizes are either confirmed to be in the game or are just very likely in the game, and considering that they could have actually used Tiki's theme if they weren't using music in Smash, I think that it's safe to say that Id ~ Purpose will be a song in the game.

Which is rather interesting, since it is Robin's theme song...

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow. That was quick.

I am approaching it quickly, I am on Chapter 25 as of current. I will be sure to crank up the volume for the theme though, thanks for the heads up!

What do you guys think?

Fire Emblem: Awakening bothered me as I thought that you could not play as Basilio (HELL NO); but I have recently learned that you can... but if I were to say, marry Robin off to Basilio, Morgan would still be white as mayonnaise, correct? The game does not understand that the dominant gene should influence the appearance of my child.

Anyways, I would not mind if the Children returned. It seems like that would be the case with all of the Awakening hype and Lucina marketing.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fire Emblem: Awakening bothered me as I thought that you could not play as Basilio (HELL NO); but I have recently learned that you can... but if I were to say, marry Robin off to Basilio, Morgan would still be white as mayonnaise, correct? The game does not understand that the dominant gene should influence the appearance of my child.
Yes, I'm pretty sure Morgan always has the same skin color, no matter who you marry.

But what color would his hair be if his father is bald?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Actually, I think Id ~ Purpose will appear in at least one of the versions of Smash, my guess being the 3DS version. My reasoning is that the song played during the Direct, specifically when they showed off the trophy for Tiki. Considering that the other songs they used for the Trophy Quizes are either confirmed to be in the game or are just very likely in the game, and considering that they could have actually used Tiki's theme if they weren't using music in Smash, I think that it's safe to say that Id ~ Purpose will be a song in the game.

Which is rather interesting, since it is Robin's theme song...

:p

Yes, I'm pretty sure Morgan always has the same skin color, no matter who you marry.

Whatever color the avatar has.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

You know Bald people aren't always bald. They have a hair color...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
As much as I love Radiant Dawn for it's gameplay, the only gripe I even have about that is how there wasn't any balance between the character sections and that is a pretty small gripe in the long run. But it's story? Eh. It was good for what it was, but it was nothing compared to PoR. So many things about the plot felt forced;

like the Blood Contract or the whole 180 turn of making the senators responsible for the burning of Serenes Forest when we were previously told it was Asnard. Seraphim being Lehran. Sanaki not being the true empress.

It just didn't feel right.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm just going to go on a record to say I doubt the 3DS version will have any music that the Wii U version won't. There is no reason not to have these well-composed, epic, magnificent tracks recorded and not use them. It's only a drop in the pail compared to the file size of an HD game. Perhaps having both versions of the game will unlock the 3DS music on the Wii U immediately, so you won't have to wait until it's unlocked to experience the majesty of that song.

What do you guys think?
There's something about the blessing of Naga protecting the children from the effects of time distortion. It's lampshading that I am thankful for, because otherwise the littlest thing going differently in the original timeline but not the altered timeline could somehow result in like Cynthia becoming a four-armed vampiric dark lord that has consumed Grima, the divine weapons, naga and absorbed their powers to become an unstoppable, dimension-travelling, world-consuming demon.
I have always welcomed the prospect of Lucina being the lead of a new game on a new continent, with the other children characters appearing and being recruited throughout. There are certainly other worlds I would like to revisit first, but I wouldn't be mad if they wanted to strike the Awakening iron while it's still hot.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Found it.
Dang! I thought for sure it was the mother's hair color... but wait, Basillo has a beard.

Awesome picture for all this 'Awakening'.

EDIT: Also known as "Where's Kellam?".

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
...You guys don't understand how time travel works in the game, do you?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm just going to go on a record to say I doubt the 3DS version will have any music that the Wii U version won't. There is no reason not to have these well-composed, epic, magnificent tracks recorded and not use them. It's only a drop in the pail compared to the file size of an HD game. Perhaps having both versions of the game will unlock the 3DS music on the Wii U immediately, so you won't have to wait until it's unlocked to experience the majesty of that song.
I've never really considered that possibility, but it would make sense to incorporate the 3DS music onto the Wii U version as well.

Actually, that idea gets me really hyped for the possibility of having Id ~ Purpose playing in that amazing Coliseum stage.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dang! I thought for sure it was the mother's hair color... but wait, Basillo has a beard.

Is... Henry pretending to be a bird?

That seems a little much.... Even for Henry. I mean, I know he wants to fly and everything, but I don't think he would go that far lol.

Do you?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Is... Henry pretending to be a bird?

That seems a little much.... Even for Henry. I mean, I know he wants to fly and everything, but I don't think he would go that far lol.
He's a bit... sporadic. :p

I also felt like he would be the only person in the world that could tolerate Meribelle as a wife.

upload_2014-6-6_17-9-31.jpeg

Time Travel Rules: There are no rules.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah... Can we get an expert in here? Preferably someone with experience with time travel?

Jokes aside, in Awakening, from what I understand is that Naga moved them through space and time in the sense that space and time are one and the same. So that, they did not just move backwards through time, but they moved as a whole. It's hard to explain, but in essence there is no way of going back.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah... Can we get an expert in here? Preferably someone with experience with time travel?

Jokes aside, in Awakening, from what I understand is that Naga moved them through space and time in the sense that space and time are one and the same. So that, they did not just move backwards through time, but they moved as a whole. It's hard to explain, but in essence there is no way of going back.
So Naga can move people through time and space, and empower someone to kill a god-like being, and she's NOT a goddess???

Come to think of it, why did Tiki get passed up for SSB4?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So Naga can move people through time and space, and empower someone to kill a god-like being, and she's NOT a goddess???

Naga is basically considered a goddess of some sort as far as I'm aware.

Morbi

Scavenger

Tiki was not a blue-haired Lord. So she was not deemed important enough. Robin is exempt because she CAN have blue-hair.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The logic and rules of time travel are made up by the plot when the plot demands it.

That's all you need to know, I think.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All they need to do is build a time traveling car.

What?

Christopher Lloyd did it, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

EDIT: Also known as "Where's Kellam?".
This picture seems to have male Morgan with blue hair. And since he seems to be cutting apples with Falchion, I have no choice but to assume he's Chrom's son.

Edit: Also, can any of you guys find Kellam? I've been looking for the longest time, and I can't spot the guy anywhere...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The logic and rules of time travel are made up by the plot when the plot demands it.

That's all you need to know, I think.
I agree, as it's only a concept as of now. But I don't want to get into a Time Travel discussion...

This picture seems to have male Morgan with blue hair. And since he seems to be cutting apples with Falchion, I have no choice but to assume he's Chrom's son.
Morgan: Classic annoying little brother. :p

How old is Robin's child anyway? 16? 17?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I agree, as it's only a concept as of now. But I don't want to get into a Time Travel discussion...

Morgan: Classic annoying little brother. :p

How old is Robin's child anyway? 16? 17?
I say Morgan's like 15 personally. Lucina's probably 19 or so.

Morbi

Scavenger

Edit: Also, can any of you guys find Kellam? I've been looking for the longest time, and I can't spot the guy anywhere...
Not only that, but Lucina is right behind him. She has that face that only a sister would have.

Kellam is in the back by Nightwing.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Assuming you're not joking, he's way in the back behind Nowi and Gregor.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, I read an idea from somewhere...

What if Donnel and Robin where the main characters of Awakening? Donnel is off to join the army, finds Robin, then Robin impresses the Shepherds, and gets Donnel in as well. Donnel then undergoes a Sokka-like period of doubt, and canonically becomes the 1# unit in the game (Like he already is. :p).

Hong

The Strongest
Kellam will be an Assist Trophy.

Of course, to most people, when the AT opens and nothing comes out, they might not get the joke.

What if Donnel and Robin where the main characters of Awakening? Donnel is off to join the army, finds Robin, then Robin impresses the Shepherds, and gets Donnel in as well. Donnel then undergoes a Sokka-like period of doubt, and canonically becomes the 1# unit in the game (Like he already is. :p).
Would make for a much more interesting game. Same if Path of Radiance started with Elincia instead of Ike.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

So... basically a fanfiction?

Oh, now I see him. Thanks.
You "thank" False and blatantly disregard me as a human being?! I am OFFENDED! I told you first, now I know what Kellam feels like.

Edit- I forgot to add this: :awesome:

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Am I the only one who thinks Morgan being Lucina's younger sibling make the most sense? Support wise, Lucina having Kjelle being her sister is out of character. Kjelle, freaking out over a bug? Pshh. She'd kill it without a second thought.

Top Bottom