• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The only other sword that fits the gimmick I am trying to pass off is Erika's Blade. I think we all know what would be wrong with that.

Alternative solution, redesign the Brave Sword and make it gold/pruple. Problem solved.

Hong

The Strongest
Or we can go with a Bronze sword. :troll:
Err.. wait it's white. I don't know why for a second I was thinking about Morgan. Major Derp
I except the absolute 100% default Robin for their respective genders for the female and male alike.

Assuming each has 3 palettes in addition to the default, that's 8 different hair styles and colours! Wario in Brawl had a total of 12 variations, but of course since Robins of each gender take more work than a simple costume swap of Wario, I think 8 is a fair number.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
The only other sword that fits the gimmick I am trying to pass off is Erika's Blade. I think we all know what would be wrong with that.

Alternative solution, redesign the Brave Sword and make it gold/pruple. Problem solved.
Or we could give robin the falchion :troll:

EDIT : ninja'd by hong even with the trollface. Some nice hard reads here

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wow, we've reached 50 pages of Robin support...

Morbi

Scavenger
Or we can go with a Bronze sword. :troll:
I except the absolute 100% default Robin for their respective genders for the female and male alike.

Assuming each has 3 palettes in addition to the default, that's 8 different hair styles and colours! Wario in Brawl had a total of 12 variations, but of course since Robins of each gender take more work than a simple costume swap of Wario, I think 8 is a fair number.
I would not mind if we just got palette swaps, I do not really feel like they should go crazy with the different hair-styles. But perhaps that is because I like the default hair. The gender-swap costume is more than enough to keep me content.

Hong

The Strongest
I would not mind if we just got palette swaps, I do not really feel like they should go crazy with the different hair-styles. But perhaps that is because I like the default hair. The gender-swap costume is more than enough to keep me content.
I see it as a Pikachu hat sort of thing, though I suppose it matters more for the Pokemon because they are nekkid.

Hong

The Strongest
I wonder how far the Chrom support thead is so far
Still less, at 59 pages.

Largely due to the fact the Robin thread has the exact opposite curve of activity. "Krom" has been touted as the newcomer for Smash Bros from the moment he was revealed. Robin, on the other hand, only began to pick up supporters after Smash 4 was first shown. From that point on, Robin has gained more and more momentum, for a number of reasons.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, if we keep up from the last few days we certainly can.
Seriously, there's been like days where nothing was said and lately I can go here every few hours and a new page of posts happened.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Well, if we keep up from the last few days we certainly can.
Seriously, there's been like days where nothing was said and lately I can go here every few hours and a new page of posts happened.
Well it's not like we can influence Sakurai's choice but I like the idea of trying to pass the Chrom thread anyway :132:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well it's not like we can influence Sakurai's choice but I like the idea of trying to pass the Chrom thread anyway :132:
I hope that we do not have to influence Sakurai's choice. The more ideal choice is blatantly obvious, I am sure that Sakurai sees it just as we have! Also he likes gender-swapping characters, he would never miss the opportunity to add another one.

Hong

The Strongest
I just like the sense of community, is all.

I won't be bothered if Robin doesn't show up in Smash Bros.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
I still love the idea of making a trailer based on Robin's awakening at the start of the game.
It could start with Marth and Ike walking along before getting ambushed by some Smashers. The guys are giving the two heroes a tough time and they end up getting knocked back and go tumbling into a field. They both notice a corpse on the ground, and give each other a confused look.

As they get closer, the figure wakes up. The two help her up as the Smash Bros. start another assault before a barrage of magic spells stops them dead in their tracks.

The camera pans to Robin and the hood falls back, and at that moment it does the reveal image thingy: "Robin tips the scales!"

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It could start with Marth and Ike walking along before getting ambushed by some Smashers. The guys are giving the two heroes a tough time and they end up getting knocked back and go tumbling into a field. They both notice a corpse on the ground, and give each other a confused look.

As they get closer, the figure wakes up. The two help her up as the Smash Bros. start another assault before a barrage of magic spells stops them dead in their tracks.

The camera pans to Robin and the hood falls back, and at that moment it does the reveal image thingy: "Robin tips the scales!"
Oooh~. A lead into it, eh? Cool idea.

And crazy is it to think that we might even see if our beloved hero will appear in the newest entry of Smash Bros... in less than a week!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I hope that we do not have to influence Sakurai's choice. The more ideal choice is blatantly obvious, I am sure that Sakurai sees it just as we have! Also he likes gender-swapping characters, he would never miss the opportunity to add another one.
I really do hope that Sakurai realizes that.

Or he could find out how difficult it is to differentiate Chrom from Marth and Ike and look for an alternative.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
As much as I'd like to hope that Sakurai reads these topics and last-minute includes characters on that basis, I really believe that the (initial) Smash 4 roster has already been decided. Keep in mind, the 3DS version will come out soon™
However, I do believe there's a good chance for patched in/Add-on (or *shudder* DLC) characters, so we shouldn't drop support even if Robin isn't revealed at E3. Y'know. Anything can change, scales tipping yadda yadda.
And we also know that Sakurai is the greatest troll in the universe. I wouldn't be surprised if there are just some characters that aren't announced until AFTER the game is out and the first people started streaming the unlock.

Hong

The Strongest
I know Chrom is no substitute, but would you folks settle for Celica or Anna? Both can do everything Robin can, and more.

I would be equally happy with either.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know Chrom is no substitute, but would you folks settle for Celica or Anna? Both can do everything Robin can, and more.

I would. I doubt Celica due to only being in one game and not being the most recent, but Anna may be.

Hong

The Strongest
I would. I doubt Celica due to only being in one game and not being the most recent, but Anna may be.
And then Gaiden is announced to be remade with the same production values as Awakening, and is slated to be released internationally in 2015.

I would lose my ****ing mind.

Not at all fond of how they got some loli doujinshi artist handling Celica for the Awakening DLC, but I'll GLADLY take Dread Fighter Alm. In fact, since he handles the blade and tome just as well as anyone, I'll take him for Smash, too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And then Gaiden is announced to be remade with the same production values as Awakening, and is slated to be released internationally in 2015.

I would lose my ****ing mind.

Not at all fond of how they got some loli doujinshi artist handling Celica for the Awakening DLC, but I'll GLADLY take Dread Fighter Alm. In fact, since he handles the blade and tome just as well as anyone, I'll take him for Smash, too.
Well, honestly, I think it'd be more likely for a Jugdral remake in the Awakening style. It'd come off the hype of Awakening and has a very similar mechanic. If they were to pick a character from there I'd say Arvis, since he's one of the most popular villains in the series and one major trend in Smash Bros. is how every game franchise to top three characters gets a villain character in the same game (some may be rivals/anti-heroes like Wolf but still villainous in nature). Plus Arvis is a villain mage, that's a plus.

...technically Robin would count that way, too...

mimgrim

Smash Hero

How can Anna do everything Robin can?

does not compute.

Anyways, my preferred choice, that should technically be realistic but isn't for some reason, is Tiki. She's been in 5 games, played a major role in 4 of them and a decently important role in the 5th one. She is arguably the most important non-lord character for the FE games due to this, Sure Anna has been in all but one FE game but she played very minor roles in all of them. She would definitely be unique thanks to her Manakete status. She has a lot of good qualities that should actually make her plausible, yet people think someone like Anna is more plausible :dizzy:.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, honestly, I think it'd be more likely for a Jugdral remake in the Awakening style. It'd come off the hype of Awakening and has a very similar mechanic. If they were to pick a character from there I'd say Arvis, since he's one of the most popular villains in the series and one major trend in Smash Bros. is how every game franchise to top three characters gets a villain character in the same game (some may be rivals/anti-heroes like Wolf but still villainous in nature). Plus Arvis is a villain mage, that's a plus.

...technically Robin would count that way, too...
:[ I won't feel too good about it.

I like the Jugdral saga in terms of gameplay and chapter design, but I don't like the parent/child support system at all. I like when supports just end at A and that's that. I understand Awakening tried to mix in everything from every Fire Emblem, but I would have preferred they had not brought that system back. The product was bloated enough.
How can Anna do everything Robin can?

does not compute.
Anna is sort of viewed as a fighter who can draw from the entirety of Fire Emblem. With her several-millenia-long family business venture, Anna has been around for everything, and fans advocate a style of play that reflects Fire Emblem's history.
Anyways, my preferred choice, that should technically be realistic but isn't for some reason, is Tiki. She's been in 5 games, played a major role in 4 of them and a decently important role in the 5th one. She is arguably the most important non-lord character for the FE games due to this, Sure Anna has been in all but one FE game but she played very minor roles in all of them. She would definitely be unique thanks to her Manakete status. She has a lot of good qualities that should actually make her plausible, yet people think someone like Anna is more plausible :dizzy:.
Tiki will be sleeping for this entry, it seems.

Tiki had a decent number of supporters, myself included. After seeing her in the direct, we kindly bowed, left our tributes, and were on the way.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Funny. I imagine Anna to have a fighting style based around money instead.

I also don't see how just a trophy, it's not even an Assist Trophy, deconfirms a character. I really wouldn't it put it past Sakurai to troll something like that. But that is still a bit of a reach, I'll admit.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Anna, huh? I guess she'd be better than Chrom, but I'm more fond of Robin's magic and skill capabilities than Anna's Levin Sword, Trickster, and money capabilities.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Funny. I imagine Anna to have a fighting style based around money instead.

I also don't see how just a trophy, it's not even an Assist Trophy, deconfirms a character. I really wouldn't it put it past Sakurai to troll something like that. But that is still a bit of a reach, I'll admit.
I suppose it goes back to the notion that they are revealed via trophy and if they are revealed they would have a spot on the website.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anna, huh? I guess she'd be better than Chrom, but I'm more fond of Robin's magic and skill capabilities than Anna's Levin Sword, Trickster, and money capabilities.
Anna would be my No. 2 choice for a FE rep, but seems unlikely at this point.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I can see Robin getting in and Chrom being an alt for Marth, because Chrom is just to much like Marth to be his own character IMHO

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I support this over chrom or lucina.
Even though I like Lucina more as a character.
I like the potential Robin/ whomever you want to it has.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Robin is still my most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer.

Chrom's OK, but I feel that it's better to represent what I consider to be one of the most fundamental aspects of the franchise, the tactician.

I don't think it's a matter of supporting a character just because they use magic or if they're female, it should be whether or not they could be considered integral to their home series. I mean if it were all about the former, we would be having dozens of threads supporting "squishy wizard #42" and "that green-haired chick". Tacticians are the closest things to a player avatar in this series (apart from Soren in the Tellius games), and to leave them out of this entirely would be like keeping Mario representation to just the first game.

So yeah, for me it's a matter of seeing that SSB4 will represent the player avatar in some form that isn't just limited to a collectable trophy. If that were the case, then Intelligent Systems should really reconsider the current state of their franchise in Smash.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has there been any Morgan love? I know he/she isn't as important as Robin, but Morgan is a pretty cool character, too.
The only way Morgan would make it over Robin is if Sakurai liked the idea of Robin, but not of adding another "create-a-character" like with Villager, so Morgan was picked instead. That's really about it.

Robin is still my most wanted Fire Emblem newcomer.

Chrom's OK, but I feel that it's better to represent what I consider to be one of the most fundamental aspects of the franchise, the tactician.

I don't think it's a matter of supporting a character just because they use magic or if they're female, it should be whether or not they could be considered integral to their home series. I mean if it were all about the former, we would be having dozens of threads supporting "squishy wizard #42" and "that green-haired chick" Tacticians are the closest things to a player avatar in this series (apart from Soren in the Tellius games), and to leave them out of this entirely would be like keeping Mario representation to just the first game.

So yeah, for me it's a matter of seeing that SSB4 will represent the player avatar in some form that isn't just limited to a collectable trophy. If that were the case, then Intelligent Systems should really reconsider the current state of their franchise in Smash.
Customizable Tacticians have only appeared in 3 games to date, and only two of them were playable characters. Granted, at this rate, it appears they will be a staple from now on.

Other than Mark, Kris, and Robin, all other Tacticians have been predefined characters, and almost always NPC's. Yes, Tacticians appear in almost every game. Its known as the "Malledus" archetype.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Malledus

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Customizable Tacticians have only appeared in 3 games to date, and only two of them were playable characters. Granted, at this rate, it appears they will be a staple from now on.

Other than Mark, Kris, and Robin, all other Tacticians have been predefined characters, and almost always NPC's. Yes, Tacticians appear in almost every game. Its known as the "Malledus" archetype.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Malledus
I should have rephrased that. Yes, they weren't featured in all the games, but when they have they're usually (at least in recent games) the audience surrogate for the story. It's particularly memorable for Western gamers because the first game released overseas had a tactician that served as the role for the player.

With the huge boost in popularity for the franchise after Awakening's release, I do think it's very likely that player character tacticians could become a stable in the series from here on.

EDIT: We got our Wii U Fire Emblem stage!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Has there been any Morgan love? I know he/she isn't as important as Robin, but Morgan is a pretty cool character, too.
100% acceptable.

When you get past the fact Morgan isn't a main character, she has a lot going for her:
Cute
More personality
Represents one of Awakening's core mechanics
Does not have to deal with the ridiculous barrier of being a customizable character that people have made up.

PLUS all the reasons we love Robin:
Female representative, male if you so choose
Not blue of hair
Not a lord
Not a swordsman
Adds a much-needed spellcaster

So yeah, I love Morgan. Nothing at all against her.

I love how androgynous the official art looks:

If they wanted, Morgan could just be one gender and pull off a Leo, given that we have the Tekken team on board!
Entirely legit cause. I agree.

I think having Chrom joining the likes of Marth and Ike would be a great disservice to the near-25-year legacy of Fire Emblem, given this was valuable development time, money and energy, that could have been spent on someone else. We have dozens of classes, weapon items, over a thousand characters, and such aesthetic variety. How could anyone want to represent the brand image of Fire Emblem so poorly?
Would you really consider Kris to be a tactician? I know that wiki page lists her as one, but I couldn't agree on that. Marth and Jagan had as much strategic input... They didn't really rely on Kris for more than her might and undying loyalty in Altea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom