• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Sakurai: Give me a Fire Emblem character for Smash.
IS: Um, Ike is the most recent, though soon we'll be releasing a sequel to a game with a character named Mi--
Sakurai: Ike? Who the **** is that? Alright. Is this him? Looks kind of boring. What does he do?
IS: Ike? Well, he is a mercenary who wields the divine blade, Ragnell. He is super fa-
Sakurai: Yeah, yeah, Great. Does he have any cool moves?
IS: Fire Emblem doesn't really have that... but he can learn Aether as a special--
SakuraI: Awesome. Thanks. All I need to know. You may leave now.
IS: Are you sure? There is so much to I--
Sakurai: Security? Can you show this man to the door?

So what does Sakurai know about Ike? Um, he is strong enough to wield two hands with one sword and does aethers.:troll: Thanks for reinforcing how simplistic your knowledge of the character is by reminding us his unique occult skill is still in the game. We would have never expected Ike to use it otherwise. Such a pleasant surprise.
Sakurai do some research for Ike's moveset, such as his rough playstyle, Up Air, Quickdraw, Side Taunt and more. The problem, Ike is for Sakurai the "man of magnificent strenght" instead of the "hero of blue flames" only to justify his archetype gimmick.

Items dissappears of Robin's hands.
If tomes were implemented they have to be invisible like in the majority of FE ingame battle animations, then, no problems with castings different spellls.

Hong

The Strongest
What do you mean? I even put magic into it, not just swordplay!
You have a design direction in mind, but the moves both do not lend themselves to it, and a lot of the moves themselves don't seem spectacularly different or interesting.

IronFish

Smash Ace
It just doesn't have any flare to it. :/
Neither does Robin, just swords and magic, I made of moveset to reflect that basic but tactical play style he/she has
You have a design direction in mind, but the moves both do not lend themselves to it, and a lot of the moves themselves don't seem spectacularly different or interesting.
I have ideas in my head but I guess I just couldn't describe them in words :p

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I think me and you have played 2 different games then.

Aside from personality I wouldn't call anything about Robin basic lol.
Well I mean averaged out stats, average personality (in a very humorous "only sane man" way), access to all average classes and average skills etc. and that's what I like about him is his like I said "only sane man" way. And his occasional trollish side.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well I mean averaged out stats, average personality (in a very humorous "only sane man" way), access to all average classes and average skills etc. and that's what I like about him is his like I said "only sane man" way. And his occasional trollish side.
His stats may or may not be averaged, it all depends on the combination you pick.

Personality only goes so far. Just because someone has a basic personality doesn't mean everything else about them is basic.

Robin having access to all classes that aren't Lord, Great Lord, Dancer, Villager, Lodestar, Taguel, and Manakete is, in and of itself, not basic, as no other character except Morgan has that ability.

Hong

The Strongest
I think characters should have as much flair as possible.

Lucas is as plain as stale bread in his own game, but what defines him most from Ness in Brawl is the amount of swag in his moves. Flips, explosions, all kinds of fun stuff.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
In my case, I take a lot of inspiration from the things I like. For example, a number of my Robin's moves are akin to my memory of Tales of Symphonia, namely Kratos. Her B + Up is like Light Spear, and her forward smash like Lightning Thrust.

Speaking of which, it will be no surprise if we see moves like that somewhere in Smash, given that one of the head creative folks from the Tales team is on board.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So.. chances? Anyone?
Robin's chances of being in Smash, I assume?

I don't think Robin is more than likely, but I think his/her chances have been increasing as of late. All the in game evidence we have, while not a whole lot, is in Robin's favor, it seems. Though as long as Chrom is a possibility, and as long as that Gematsu leak is still alive, I can't say Robin is necessarily likely. But I will say he/she has a very real chance of getting on the roster.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Robin's chances of being in Smash, I assume?

I don't think Robin is more than likely, but I think his/her chances have been increasing as of late. All the in game evidence we have, while not a whole lot, is in Robin's favor, it seems. Though as long as Chrom is a possibility, and as long as that Gematsu leak is still alive, I can't say Robin is necessarily likely. But I will say he/she has a very real chance of getting on the roster.
It all hinges on that blasted leak... :glare:

I'ma go play Mario Kart.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So.. chances? Anyone?
I actually believe Robin has better chances then Chrom now.

Sakurai seems to be going for uniqueness more then anything else and Robin fits the criteria way more then Chrom. Not to mention Robin can have 2 different genders, which Sakurai seems to be having a affinity for in this game.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
It all hinges on that blasted leak... :glare:

I'ma go play Mario Kart.
Mario Kart's been awesome! That leak is still too untrustworthy. Even if he is being fed info from a reliable source, it's been proven that he can get fairly vague info like "XY Pokemon." For all we know the source could have said "The main character from Awakening," to which the Gematsu tipster assumed was Chrom.

Well that's my wishful thinking anyway, but I refuse to believe the Gematsu leak is legit so long as the Chorus Kids are on that list.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh yeah, in regards to chances...

I'm sure most of you have already read this already, but awhile back I did put together an analysis of the Fire Emblem situation and Robin's chances of being on the roster. For all the new supporters that have joined recently, it may be an interesting read.

Here's a link for those interested:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...deflating-moment.351920/page-24#post-16643172

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I wouldn't rate my chances in percent. I can't make that exact a guess.

But even though the chances where formerly heavily in Chrom's favor, Anything can change, and we have been shown that multiple genders and costumes on characters are no problem. I Don't put any stock in that destiny hogwash of Chrom being more advertised and having more support early on - it doesn't really mean anything in the end. Hope will never die and I think with Ike being revealed, it's finally Time to tip the scales.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

But even though the chances where formerly heavily in Chrom's favor, Anything can change, and we have been shown that multiple genders and costumes on characters are no problem. I Don't put any stock in that destiny hogwash of Chrom being more advertised and having more support early on - it doesn't really mean anything in the end. Hope will never die and I think with Ike being revealed, it's finally Time to tip the scales.

I agree with what you have to say.

Robin's chances are the same, but popular opinion was Ike VS. Chrom, and with Ike in, people are looking to the next best FE:A rep. (Or THE best, depending on what camp you're in.)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I agree with what you have to say.

Robin's chances are the same, but popular opinion was Ike VS. Chrom, and with Ike in, people are looking to the next best FE:A rep. (Or THE best, depending on what camp you're in.)
Is that the only pun you noticed in there?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Drakonis Drakonis @ False Sense False Sense

Happy? :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
The new Fire Emblem character will be neither Chrom, or Robin, or even Anna.

It will be Lissa and you are all going to love it.

Hong

The Strongest
Lissa:
Not male
Not a swordsman (axes, tomes, staves)
Not blue of hair
More dialogue than Lucina
As many cutscenes as Lucina

Henry:
Not a swordsman
Not blue of hair
?????

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Isn't this sort of thing more suited for the Fire Emblem Discussion thread?

Hong

The Strongest
I can't handle the truth.
It's fine, I understand. I'll return the topic to Robin so you don't have to face the reality so soon. You're not ready yet.

So when they reveal Robin, would you folks wants a trailer that is based on Awakening like myself or others have described, or would you want a wholly original creation? I am sure Ness and Zelda would have something to say about a new spellcaster.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's fine, I understand. I'll return the topic to Robin so you don't have to face the reality so soon. You're not ready yet.

So when they reveal Robin, would you folks wants a trailer that is based on Awakening like myself or others have described, or would you want a wholly original creation? I am sure Ness and Zelda would have something to say about a new spellcaster.
I still love the idea of making a trailer based on Robin's awakening at the start of the game.

Hong

The Strongest
I still love the idea of making a trailer based on Robin's awakening at the start of the game.
Me too.

I think it's a great service to our recently expanded Fire Emblem fanbase, it would be mystifying (positively) to outsiders, and build intrigue for the character and her product.

Segues well into a gameplay montage. For added points, Robin could high-five Marth or something at the end.
That's a odd way of spelling Olivia.
Still a better pick than Chrom.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
More like better then any other FE choice out there. Only Black Knight and Tiki come close. Black Knight because I can think of a really unique gimmick for him and Tiki because dragon.

:L
Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Tower of Guidance from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn! An enemy from Ike's past may appear at any second…

Last edited:
Top Bottom