• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I will say, initially I thought Chrom was a shoe in and Ike would be gone, simply due to the popularity of Awakening when Fire emblem isn't a big nintendo franchise in the same way as several others. Them having two slots seemed lucky enough. But with the reintroduction of Ike I admit my surprise led me to think that Awakening still had a character to offer. Of course with Ike and Marth pretty much filling the sword roles well enough on their own with link, it left Chrom seeming unlikely. So my thoughts turned to The Avatar from Awakening, and with the dual gender versions of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, I'm really rooting for the Avatar. Especially since, as some people have already said, most of the game is more about the Avatr then Chrom, even if She/he isn't required for every battle. I also think the tome would be the best way to go for the moveset, for the whole magic possibilities that have been missing from FE's stay in Smash.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It really is fascinating to see how many new users are flocking to this thread in support of Robin as of late.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I will say, initially I thought Chrom was a shoe in and Ike would be gone, simply due to the popularity of Awakening when Fire emblem isn't a big nintendo franchise in the same way as several others. Them having two slots seemed lucky enough. But with the reintroduction of Ike I admit my surprise led me to think that Awakening still had a character to offer. Of course with Ike and Marth pretty much filling the sword roles well enough on their own with link, it left Chrom seeming unlikely. So my thoughts turned to The Avatar from Awakening, and with the dual gender versions of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, I'm really rooting for the Avatar. Especially since, as some people have already said, most of the game is more about the Avatr then Chrom, even if She/he isn't required for every battle. I also think the tome would be the best way to go for the moveset, for the whole magic possibilities that have been missing from FE's stay in Smash.
I see you also only made an account to comment on this thread.:chuckle:

I wonder if smashboards is the only place where robin is actually requested, or if it actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I haven't been searching for this thead very hard if it pops up in my face when I wasn't expecting it. Oh well

I really want Robin over Chrom in Smash 4 simply because Robin has so many more options than Chrom who would likely just be another Marth esque character. Robin can use magic and swords which would make for an interesting movepool, they can use almost any ability which would make for some interesting specials or gimmicks, and they can be male or female ala Villager/Wii Fit Trainer. If they put Robin in Smash 4, it'd be an instant main for me.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I wonder if smashboards is the only place where robin is actually requested, or if it actually matters in the grand scheme of things.
What happens here on Smashboards will almost certainly have no impact on what characters actually get in. We're only speculators. But the increasing support Robin has lately may indicate that we, as a speculation community, may have been a little hasty to rule out the possibility any Fire Emblem character that isn't Chrom.

Perhaps they are fearful of Chrom's anticipated reveal and they need to find hope again?
Isn't hope what support for Robin is based on? Hope that anything can change and that Fire Emblem can receive a truly unique representative?

Morbi

Scavenger
Robin is easily becoming one of my most wanted characters. She even contends with all of my purple antagonists! I mostly want her for her aesthetic diversity to be completely and utterly honest. The game-play diversity is great and all, but it is not as important to me because I do not personally find Chrom to be bland.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Robin is easily becoming one of my most wanted characters. She even contends with all of my purple antagonists! I mostly want her for her aesthetic diversity to be completely and utterly honest. The game-play diversity is great and all, but it is not as important to me because I do not personally find Chrom to be bland.
You know, technically speaking, Robin is also a purple antagonist...

Hong

The Strongest
Still banking on that Katarina palette. Would be so cool. >.>
Fire emblem is the game with the most diverse arsenal of weapons in the smash games thus far. Why would you guys prefer a generic and plain weapon over an original and good looking one?
The bronze sword is unique and good-looking, just not powerful.
It really is fascinating to see how many new users are flocking to this thread in support of Robin as of late.
This thread has that effect on a lot of people it seems.

Even more so to draw in a SmashBoards skeleton like myself.

Certainly not the only place. Japanese fans have made a lot of neat mock drafts.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I feel Robin will just have a Steel or Iron swords as they are generic enough.

Robin cannot be confirmed as robin has not been confirmed yet. Maybye they'll opt for a character that better represents fire emblem, Like our mighty lord grimma.
Can you not triple post please? Or is it your stache doing it for you?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel Robin will just have a Steel or Iron swords as they are generic enough.

Can you not triple post please? Or is it your stache doing it for you?
@ Narwalgod Narwalgod is objective proof that moderators do not care about Robin, poor guy double posts all the time.

On the topic of Robin, if she gets confirmed, what is her default appearance going to be? Male as that is the prominent Robin? Female for diversity? I am not entirely sure, I assume Robin will be shown as a male which will be unfortunate for me because I want to see her model asap.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ Narwalgod Narwalgod is objective proof that moderators do not care about Robin, poor guy double posts all the time.
Well, most mods firmly believe the Gematsu leak, so they really have no reason to visit this thread.

On the topic of Robin, if she gets confirmed, what is her default appearance going to be? Male as that is the prominent Robin? Female for diversity? I am not entirely sure, I assume Robin will be shown as a male which will be unfortunate for me because I want to see her model asap.
I'm honestly not sure which gender they would go with. It's kind of a 50/50, but female Robin seems to be a bit more popular, so maybe they'll go with that.

I don't really care as long as both genders are available.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, most mods firmly believe the Gematsu leak, so they really have no reason to visit this thread.

I'm honestly not sure which gender they would go with. It's kind of a 50/50, but female Robin seems to be a bit more popular, so maybe they'll go with that.

I don't really care as long as both genders are available.
If there is one thing I now understand about Sakurai, it is that he loves to gender-swap. I am certain that if Robin is in Smash 4 that both genders will be available.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, the director himself alluded to the fact he was happy there will be more female characters this time. I am putting 80% of my chips on Robin♀.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
It is not necessarily a "bad" thing, it is just something that is technically against the rules. At the very least, I admire your enthusiasm. You could always edit your post if you have something else to add.
Well this is the only forum i comment on, coupled with the fact that i almost never have the patience or the knoledge to properly wurd my frases. Or even right them in da furst plse!

Hong

The Strongest
It is not necessarily a "bad" thing, it is just something that is technically against the rules. At the very least, I admire your enthusiasm. You could always edit your post if you have something else to add.
Enthusiastic is one way I would describe Narwalgod. :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
ANYWAYS, were running out of robin related posts so would someone please add one?
Perhaps I could dare to ask the fundamental question: how likely is Robin?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Uh... would Sakurai use her official name, Robin? Or would he just call the character Tactician or My Unit. It seems like Robin would be the most overt possibility, but I figured Pokemon Trainer would have been named Red. So I am not entirely certain myself.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace

I don't get why because that's been debunked already, and even if it wasn't, how do we know if was the same leaker? Also if you look at the numbers of people "leaking" characters last year, statistically SOMEONE was going to guess right, and we only pay attention to the one that guessed right.

Morbi

Scavenger
Perhaps I could dare to ask the fundamental question: how likely is Robin?
After replaying Fire Emblem: Awakening with Default Robin (and evaluating Robin vs. Chrom) I actually believe that she is the more prominent character. She seems more pertinent to the story than Chrom (especially if you marry him, as Chrom's one positive attribute; birthing Lucina, is no longer exclusive to him). So I find that she is more likely than I originally anticipated and I doubt Chrom more and more each day.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Uh... would Sakurai use her official name, Robin? Or would he just call the character Tactician or My Unit. It seems like Robin would be the most overt possibility, but I figured Pokemon Trainer would have been named Red. So I am not entirely certain myself.
I think Robin, because unlike PKMN Trainer or Villadger, Robin is a character, and he(:troll:) isn't voiceless.

Top Bottom