• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Conversation with Cleverbot:

User: Do you think Robin from fire emblem awakening deserves to be in the next Smash Brothers game?

Cleverbot: I don't, they have no concept of age.

User: What?
Cleverbot: Android.

User: Do you know Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening?
Cleverbot: Do you know an asgard named thor?

User: Yes. What about Robin though?

Cleverbot: He is just an annoying kid.

User: Robin from fire emblem awakening.

Cleverbot: Superman.

User: Who will be the newcomers of the next smash brothers game?

Cleverbot: I don't know.

User: Yes you do. Now answer the question.

Cleverbot: Blasphemer! What is your question?

User: Will Robin the Avatar be in SSB4?

Cleverbot: Yes in three seconds.

User: Three seconds?!

Cleverbot: Two seconds.

Morbi

Scavenger

User: Do you think Robin from fire emblem awakening deserves to be in the next Smash Brothers game?

I was starting to doubt Robin; however, this conversation is objective proof that Robin is in the game. I can finally stop worrying! Thank you so much.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I'm going to try this...

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Bad news guys, cleverbot deconfirmed robin...
Cleverbot: I think she likes you.

User: That does'nt awnser my question.
Cleverbot: What is your question?

Cleverbot: I think it is more important for a leader to be loved rather than feared, what do you think?

User: Stop bull****ting me cleverbot.

Cleverbot: I am putting it to you straight, my friend.

User: Awnser the damm question.

Cleverbot: You didn't ask a question until now.

User: Fine, Do you think Robin from fire emblem awakening deserves to be in the next Smash Brothers game?

Cleverbot: No I don't.

User: You lie!!!

Cleverbot: Pretty sure I don't.

Hong

The Strongest
Since there is so much activity and I can't turn away for a moment without a flood of new posts to read, and there will no doubt be new posts by the time I finish this, I'll just type this without quoting anyone specifically. Please understand.

I would like to think Fire Emblem fans have actually been treated very well, compared to other franchises.

Have we ever really been trolled so far? I wouldn't say so. If you think you have been trolled as a Robin supporter, clearly you're not a Palutena or Ridley fan. Few things are a more deliberate troll than the Pseudo Palutena trophy quiz, or that "enemy from Samus's past that could appear from the background at any moment, but we'll never show you him. **** you, nerds. You are going to buy the game whether or not Space Barney appears or not. Maybe this will teach you to stop staying up into the darkest hours of the night, jeopardizing your school/work life, just for a ****ing screenshot of a game that will be out in less than a year anyways."

Yeah, they showed the Tiki trophy. At least it was pretty respectful. "Sorry, we were not able to put Tiki into the game, but we gave her character model feet, look! Also, here is the best music from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Please understand."

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I... guess I haven't been paying attention.
But, at this rate we will overtake the Chrom thread. Huzzah!
Sorry if the "pretty clear line to see" thing sounded like I was trying to insinuate like you didn't. Wasn't my intention ;)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Since there is so much activity and I can't turn away for a moment without a flood of new posts to read, and there will no doubt be new posts by the time I finish this, I'll just type this without quoting anyone specifically. Please understand.

I would like to think Fire Emblem fans have actually been treated very well, compared to other franchises.

Have we ever really been trolled so far? I wouldn't say so. If you think you have been trolled as a Robin supporter, clearly you're not a Palutena or Ridley fan. Few things are a more deliberate troll than the Pseudo Palutena trophy quiz, or that "enemy from Samus's past that could appear from the background at any moment, but we'll never show you him. **** you, nerds. You are going to buy the game whether or not Space Barney appears or not. Maybe this will teach you to stop staying up into the darkest hours of the night, jeopardizing your school/work life, just for a ****ing screenshot of a game that will be out in less than a year anyways."

Yeah, they showed the Tiki trophy. At least it was pretty respectful. "Sorry, we were not able to put Tiki into the game, but we gave her character model feet, look! Also, here is the best music from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Please understand."
Sakurai's scared of us hardcore FE fans.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So guys, what do you think Robin's trailer will be like if she gets in SSB4?
*Obligatory Smash 4 logo*

The scene opens with a field, and Link, Marth, and Ike walking through it. As they march, a Risen soldier appears. Ike cuts it down, but another appears. Then another, until all three characters are surrounded. They grip their swords, prepare for battle, when a flash of a blade is seen. On of the Risen falls, a sword impaling him. The rest turn to see a cloaked figure.

*Robin Tips the Scales!*

*Gameplay, shows off magic and swordplay, along with both male and female costumes*

At the end, Robin raises a tome, the pages flip, and the Risen are burned with Elfire. More Risen can be seen in the distance, but Robin turns to the three heroes and smiles confidently. The final shot shows the four preparing to fight.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Good grief. I go away for a couple of hours and this thread is 4 pages up. Am I in the Smash 4 social thread all of a sudden?

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Samus is walking alone in the core of Zebes. All of the sudden, a flash of purple! Samus turns around and sees nothing. Suddenly, she's hit by a fireball. She's knocked down. She looks up and...

Purple haired Robin with a fire tome!

"Robin is not too big for this game!"

Cue Sakurai's unending laughter.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Good grief. I go away for a couple of hours and this thread is 4 pages up. Am I in the Smash 4 social thread all of a sudden?
You're in the Robin social thread now.

Watch, I'm going to eat dinner and watch Psych, and this thread will be 5 pages ahead.

Morbi

Scavenger
Good question. I have gone into the future and, with my photographic memory and exceptional Photoshop skills, have returned to the past to recreate what I have seen down to pixel perfection.

This is how it goes.
It would actually be interesting if there was an immaculate scale. Completely and utterly un-tipped, only to have Robin jump on one end. It would probably be better than even Little Mac's trailer.

Hong

The Strongest
It would actually be interesting if there was an immaculate scale. Completely and utterly un-tipped, only to have Robin jump on one end. It would probably be better than even Little Mac's trailer.
It's unfortunate that an equal analogy for the tipping of scales cannot really be found in the Japanese version of the game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
- Smash logo

- Cuts to the dark study seen in the menu screen of Awakening. An open roster of the Smash characters can be seen, with indecipherable text next to each picture, meant to depict biographies and abilities. Meanwhile, grunting and rustling can be heard.

- Scene cuts to a war-styled game board placed on a table in the same room. Figurines of Marth, Ike, Yoshi, and Lucario can be seen while the mysterious person making the noises flashes in and out of the screen, practicing sword strikes and magic motions.

- A lone piece is on the other side of the board, and as if by magic, the piece begins moving on its toward the figurines. As the person's attacks become more dynamic and tense, the figure advances towards to the pieces, knocking them down one by one in sync with each attack the person uses.

- The cloaked person then unleashes an Ignis blast, blasting the table away, and making the study room a complete mess.

- The cloaked figure surveys the damage caused, smirks, and removes the hooded part of the cloak. He/She boldly claims "Checkmate."

- ROBIN TIPS THE SCALES

- Gameplay trailer showing off Robin and the Coliseum.

- Trailer ends with Robin walking towards the exit of the study room heading outside, towards Chrom and others from the Yllisean Guard. Meanwhile, the roster of Smash characters closes shut by a gust of wind. The Smash logo is seen on the cover. The lone figurine is revealed as a Robin figure, as is shown bent towards the spine of the roster. End.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
- Smash logo

- Cuts to the dark study seen in the menu screen of Awakening. An open roster of the Smash characters can be seen, with indecipherable text next to each picture, meant to depict biographies and abilities. Meanwhile, grunting and rustling can be heard.

- Scene cuts to a war-styled game board placed on a table in the same room. Figurines of Marth, Ike, Yoshi, and Lucario can be seen while the mysterious person making the noises flashes in and out of the screen, practicing sword strikes and magic motions.

- A lone piece is on the other side of the board, and as if by magic, the piece begins moving on its toward the figurines. As the person's attacks become more dynamic and tense, the figure advances towards to the pieces, knocking them down one by one in sync with each attack the person uses.

- The cloaked person then unleashes an Ignis blast, blasting the table away, and making the study room a complete mess.

- The cloaked figure surveys the damage caused, smirks, and removes the hooded part of the cloak. He/She boldly claims "Checkmate."

- ROBIN TIPS THE SCALES

- Trailer ends with Robin walking towards the exit of the study room heading outside, towards Chrom and others from the Yllisean Guard. Meanwhile, the roster of Smash characters closes shut by a gust of wind. The Smash logo is seen on the cover. End.
I'll be honest. That's not only wholly original, but way better than what I had. >.>

Good work.

Morbi

Scavenger
- Smash logo

- ROBIN TIPS THE SCALES

- Trailer ends with Robin walking towards the exit of the study room heading outside, towards Chrom and others from the Yllisean Guard. Meanwhile, the roster of Smash characters closes shut by a gust of wind. The Smash logo is seen on the cover. End.
You make the rest of our ideas sound bad! :c

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, I had the Nintendo NFC Figurines news to inspire part of that. :p

And I feel it would be great to see tactician-like set pieces in such a trailer too. Robin isn't just a sword-wielder and magic user after all. Little Mac's trailer depicted him in his own element, it makes sense for Robin to be in a similar setting. :)

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'd like the open field trailer the best, seeing as how they said they would meet again. Having Marth, Ike & Link find her instead of Chrom (if he isn't also playable) would be like a little mini plot that awakening didn't include. Having him/her getting worked up and getting ready to fight until we see they're in the coliseum and they encounter the stage hazard/boss (Grima?) Would make for a great way to show off new stage, character and hazard all in one easy go while sticking to the script awakening had.

Also like how my question on Robin being female turned this place into a frenzy. Nice! I still married Chrom to Olivia though for free Galeforce.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
- Smash logo

- ROBIN TIPS THE SCALES

- Trailer ends with Robin walking towards the exit of the study room heading outside, towards Chrom and others from the Yllisean Guard. Meanwhile, the roster of Smash characters closes shut by a gust of wind. The Smash logo is seen on the cover. The lone figurine is revealed as a Robin figure, as is shown bent towards the spine of the roster. End.
I like the incorporation of chess imagery into the trailer. That was one of Robin's traits that I really liked in Awakening.

Edit: Oh yeah, I leave for a meal and come back to see that we've gotten another page. I just hope all this Robin support is an indication that Robin is more likely than we thought, and not just some passing trend.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It just suits the character a lot better.

I don't think Robin is the kind of character who gets out of bed and fights hordes of Risen in the morning while cooking breakfast. Seems like the moment she finds out she will be fighting like 40 some characters she has never heard of before, she will be hitting the lab, or in this case, study, to best understand her opponents in detail. She will want to know everything about her opponents. Their strengths, weaknesses, experiences, what they are capable of. She's not like Little Mac who really needs someone to tell her how to train or what to do.

In that sense, she would not be far from the story of Snake entering the Brawl.

Well, Robin isn't quite as adept at the art of cardboard box espionage, so dossiers of the fighters will have to do. :b

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like the incorporation of chess imagery into the trailer. That was one of Robin's traits that I really liked in Awakening.
Chess? Heck yes. Maybe Robin's Final Smash will have Him/Her turning everyone into chess pawns then moving them foolishly. :laugh:

Hong

The Strongest
Chess? Heck yes. Maybe Robin's Final Smash will have Him/Her turning everyone into chess pawns then moving them foolishly. :laugh:
That's an idea.

If Morgan is chosen as a character, perhaps she could pretend her hand is Master Hand, and she can hum the Final Destination music while playing with the trophies on a table. :b

Would be really cute.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I could see Robin's trailer being used for Wario too, "Robin tips the scales!" *Wario appears* "But Wario tips 'em back!"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
On another line of Robin..

One thing that I loved about Awakening was the avatar. FE players already cared about the characters, but actually placing yourself into the game (or at least an extension of yourself), you become 'that' much more involved with them. I know I've said it before, but most war games can't make you think like that, think around the safety of your men.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Damn. I still can't think of a good Uspecial for Robin. Wind is the obvious choice, but I got that with Sspecial. What's a good way to a Uspecial of fire or lightning but still leaving it as a

type of move.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
On another line of Robin..

One thing that I loved about Awakening was the avatar. FE players already cared about the characters, but actually placing yourself into the game (or at least an extension of yourself), you become 'that' much more involved with them. I know I've said it before, but most war games can't make you think like that, think around the safety of your men.
I agree, I really did like how Robin (or rather, the representation of you and your decisions) was presented in Awakening. I especially like how you can do whatever you want with Robin; you can re-class him/her into anything, you can marry him/her to anyone you want, and what decisions Robin makes can have an impact on the game, whether it was a story-driven decision or one made on the battlefield. As a representation of the player, you have complete control over your own destiny in the game; you can influence what kinds of paths the other characters will take, but it's ultimately you that can do anything you like.

I've said this before, but I think that while Chrom may be the face of Awakening, Robin is the heart. And I think the heart is more important.

Top Bottom