• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I really can't help but prescribe at least one of the GBA games or Path of Radiance. If you're coming from Awakening, you should adapt to Sacred Stones well.
My laptop can't run Dolphin well, so no to PoR, and the reprint probably won't reach Mexico, as I've yet to see it anywhere.

And because I'm a filthy casual, permadeath for anything is a huge turn off for me...yes, you can save and reload, but that's not really fun for me and I wouldn't do it unless it's a game where I NEED to do that. Sorry Sacred Stones.

Cervantes has an impressive stache, but he's not nearly as manly as Tauroneo.
I thought that was a beard for a second. Oh well, it's manly, alright.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

Cervantes has an impressive stache, but he's not nearly as manly as Tauroneo.
In that case, I will not fight you. The world must not lose Gawain's style of swordsmanship. I surrender. You may lock me away or execute me or what you will. I care not.
And because I'm a filthy casual, permadeath for anything is a huge turn off for me...yes, you can save and reload, but that's not really fun for me and I wouldn't do it unless it's a game where I NEED to do that. Sorry Sacred Stones.
It's pretty hard to die in Sacred Stones...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's pretty hard to die in Sacred Stones...
Eh...fine, I'll try it. Then again, I'm assuming the statement comes from someone who's played most of the games before Awakening, so it might be harder for you to die than me.

Just a thought, not disregarding your claim.

Hong

The Strongest
is it hard to die in Awakening on Hard mode?
Haven't tried it.
Eh...fine, I'll try it. Then again, I'm assuming the statement comes from someone who's played most of the games before Awakening, so it might be harder for you to die than me.

Just a thought, not disregarding your claim.
If you play on easy, the statement should be genuine. If you're really not too familiar with the older games, it's okay to lean on Seth, your Frederick for this entry. Ideally you don't let your Jeigan soak up too much EXP, but if you are just figuring things out it's better to feel comfortable and secure. Plus, he'll never really become bad.

If you play on Hard, then yeah, your units can get dropped pretty easily. Especially before you have access to open-world skirmishes and the two side dungeons.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Decided to drop by and leave this here~ :3

femblem_by_peekingboo-d7s2a1k.gif

"I reviewed some historical battle texts, reliance on swords are both their greatest strength and their biggest weakness"

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just caught up on the last two pages and you guys are too funny, omg

All the FE characters are certainly beautiful, but I think we all know who the most eye catching one is...

PICK A GOD AND PRAY that you never have to see Frederick make this face again

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Please. Fire Emblem has some alright mustaches.. But none can compare...

To Major Alex Louis Armstrong, the Strongarm Alchemist!!

Proof of my claim:

tumblr_mcru0lvpgY1qe4s2g.gif

Case closed.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
So, my school's going to host either a Brawl tournament or a Smash 4 tournament after midterms in the early weeks of February, and I'm pretty hyped up.

I've already been practicing the ICs, and have been extra practicing Robin for the tournament, since all of my friends seem to hate me when I play her well.

Hopefully, it'll be Smash 4, but I won't be out of luck if it ends up being Brawl.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Brawl, disputdespitee lacking Robin... Who didn't exist at the time of release... Is still good for some things.

Snake, for one.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Would Robin would overpowered without the gimmick of running out of spells?
Hmm, a better question is your grammar.:seuss:

Unaltered, yes, it does seem overpowered. If they had long endlag or 1-2 second cooldowns(which is almost the same thing), maybe not. That's just me, though.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Arcfire would be, that much is for sure.

The rest is debatable. Like, up against Robin, I wouldn't feel the power of the Levin Sword is not fair; only the uair feels like it has a generous hitbox. While the Thunder tome is powerful, the lower tier spells have short reach, and Thoron has a lot of recovery. Since you can grab tomes after they expire, I would argue Nosferatu and Thunder are more powerful than they would be if they didn't have durability limits.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Arcfire would be, that much is for sure.
The rest is debatable. Like, up against Robin, I wouldn't feel the power of the Levin Sword is not fair; only the uair feels like it has a generous hitbox. While the Thunder tome is powerful, the lower tier spells have short reach, and Thoron has a lot of recovery. Since you can grab tomes after they expire, I would argue Nosferatu and Thunder are more powerful than they would be if they didn't have durability limits.
I kind of feel like Robin would pretty much be the same without limited tomes. If they had maybe limited just the Levin Sword I think it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Also, how do you grab the tomes?

Hong

The Strongest
I kind of feel like Robin would pretty much be the same without limited tomes. If they had maybe limited just the Levin Sword I think it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Also, how do you grab the tomes?
Arcfire would be overpowered if it didn't have the limitations, though. In theory Robin could just keep throwing it on the ledge against a recovering opponent and take away like half of their options based on reaction.There would have to be some kind of soft-limit IMO. Levin Sword, on the other hand, I don't think is something that would be broken. Characters that move faster and weigh more than Robin hit harder than that.

You grab tomes as they expire just as you would any other item, but you need to be fast because they will vanish soon. I find it's easiest to jump back and catch it while it's airborne (grab button by default).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When I go and look at Brawl's roster, it just makes me sad. Snake was such a great character. Nobody even came close to replacing that playstyle.
EDIT: I feel for Wolf and Ice Climbers also.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Only reason I don't have Snake in my 'mains'-list is because neither of him, Ike and Wolf where in Melee. Didn't really main anyone in that game.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Snake an Wolf talk?

...I love this thread.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The worst part is, the two cuts in Smash 4 that sucked the hardest - Snake and Ice Climbers - were doomed from the start. I would totally have given up the 3DS version, or at least wait for a New 3DS exclusive Smash, to get them. Even though I don't play them, it just feels wrong to have six unique characters completely removed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake's the cut I mourn the most, as my Brawl main. Such a fun moveset, and more importantly, the entire reason we have Mega Man, Pac-Man and Sonic in the same game.

A shame he was cut so unceremoniously. Not a good way to go.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Hong Hong basically said a lot of the things I wanted to say but yeah, only arcfire would be potentially overpowered and even then at least its very punishable. Arcfire is the only spell I remotely even keep track of since Elwind and Nosferatu usages are a non-issue while there is a variety of ways to manage thunder. Furthermore, the discarded tomes are ironically Robin's fastest and strongest projectiles so you outta love them anyways. As for levin aerials, I've seen better. *cough*:4diddy:*cough*

In regards to Snake, I also lament his absence as someone who mained him along with Marth back in Brawl.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm indifferent towards Snake, so his exclusion from the roster hasn't fazed me in the slightest. But I'll admit that I feel somewhat sorry for you guys for losing one of your mains, as I can relate to that feeling.

About the idea of tomes being unlimited, I think the only spell tome that could be considered overpowered in that aspect is the fire tome. Like Hong said, it's very good at punishing your opponents and stopping them in their tracks, and could stop someone from recovering back to the stage if it were spammable.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I think the amusing part is unlimited Arcfire still wouldn't be anywhere near as obnoxious as Falco's blaster from Melee. My goodness.

D

Deleted member

I think the amusing part is unlimited Arcfire still wouldn't be anywhere near as obnoxious as Falco's blaster from Melee. My goodness.
Coping with the fall of Falco's blaster has been so hard.

D:

D

Deleted member

On the unlimited Robin topic:
I think that he wouldn't be too overpowered. Robin has great air speed, but his ground speed is terrible; one can rush in and punish him and characters like Sonic will give him a tough time. The unlimited Levin Sword wouldn't benefit Robin too much; he would have more KO power, but he loses some gimping and combo potential with the Levin Sword. I think that unlimited Arcfire would benefit Robin the most since he would greatly benefit from just spamming it on the ledge and give his opponent little to no options. Nosferatu is completely situational and Elwind is just a recovery move. The unlimited Thunder spells wouldn't make Robin broken since Thoron has a lot of start up time, can easily be shielded or dodged, and Thunder, Elthunder, and Arcthunder can be cancelled out by something as simple as Luigi's Fireballs. Robin would be better with unlimited weaponry, but I wouldn't say that he will be overpowered since he has other limits.

As for Snake...
[collapse=This may tick you off.]I am glad that he's gone. I feel bad for his fans yes, but I don't want a character with barely any history with Nintendo be in a Nintendo All-Stars game. Recent history has him be loyal to other companies that aren't Nintendo as well.

I only miss his unique moveset and the fact that he paved the way for Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. Other than that, I really don't care and I really don't want him back.[/collapse]

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My brother mained both Lucas and Snake near exclusively.

Now whenever he starts loosing. He blames Sakurai. :facepalm:

Hong

The Strongest
As for Snake...
[collapse=This may tick you off.]I am glad that he's gone. I feel bad for his fans yes, but I don't want a character with barely any history with Nintendo be in a Nintendo All-Stars game. Recent history has him be loyal to other companies that aren't Nintendo as well.

I only miss his unique moveset and the fact that he paved the way for Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. Other than that, I really don't care and I really don't want him back.[/collapse]

Excuse me..?

Just kidding. No disrespect to his fans, but I don't care for Snake (as a character) at all. I'll admit to Photoshopping some butt images after seeing Brawl screenshots, but that aside. All I cared about is Snake, as a fighter. If Sami from Advance Wars or something took up his moveset, I would mever look back.

Top Bottom