• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sonic is cursed.
Anything that is not a traditional sidescroller has an immensely slim chance of success. Whether it's because developers don't know how to make something interesting with Sonic's qualities (and I don't blame them), or because it's a game where Sonic really had no business being in to begin with... he's had some hard times.
And it's a real shame. From what I hear, games like Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors were actually good, but it's hard for the IP to get positive press in the 3d era. :/
It's sad. I really want for them to make a polished remake of Sonic Adventure with Big's campaign relegated to a mini game.

Folt

Smash Ace
I think we should have a Sonic MMO with customizable char....OH GOD PLEASE NO
Congrats. Thanks to you, Sonichu will finally be a reality.:troll:

Even though I personally prefer Male Robin, I feel sorry for the peeps that wanted a Female Robin amiibo. I wish Nintendo would be mass-producing amiibo of alternate costumes too at least as a limited edition.

I'd rather have :4wario2: in his normal overalls, than his Warioware Outfit, never really was that fond of that incarnation of him

Having figurines of all 7 Koopalings: :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: would be prety freakin' sweet

I know a lot of people would want a Hooded :4littlemac: amiibo, Wireframe would probably be impossible though.

And so on with anyone else with an alt. I'm also slightly baffled at how they gave Male Robin a little more attention during the game's trailers and the promotional art, having F.Robin appear only at the very end announcing she can be played as kinda sucked for me. And this is just me, but I also kinda wish Validar's heirophant in FE: A was an avatar with the opposite gender as yours, rather than being an exact look-alike. I dunno why, but for some reason I'd love to see some kind of canonical interaction between the two Robins (from the way they're portrayed in Smash, they also seem to have slightly different personalities...), and I think it'd be funny if they had a win quote against each other instead of just Lucina.
I'm guessing it's because they ultimately had to choose a default. Like how Villager is seen as male and Wii Fit Trainer is seen as female. Given the famitsu translations in regards to Robin, Sakurai refers to Robin with male terms (unless that's a translator quirk) like how he refers to Villager and Wii Fit Trainer as a he and she respectively and there's hints to one gender being the main one in the game proper too. (What do you mean Robin's alt. trophy ISN'T part of the Female Fighters trophy group?! Seriously, you had Lucina's alt there! LUCINA'S! Y'know, the one who got in AFTER you finished the entire planned roster and stuff!) In the game proper, the characters with alts that are basically the same character (like :4wario:, :4villager:, :4wiifit:, and :4robinm:) have their alts get a larger representation in the game (like having their alternate trophy be of the alt outfit/gender instead of the main outfit/gender) while characters whose alts are a different character (like :4olimar: and :4bowserjr:) get slightly less representation of their alts (but their alts do at least get a trophy and other goodies) but given that the main trophy will only show the default one, one gender will always be more important over the other.

(And, well, Robin's situation in regards to his alt reminded me a bit too much about Wario in Brawl, especially how the renders for the alternate outfit/gender wasn't the same pose as the main one. And really, just about everything in regards to Robin's trailer and the official artwork that Kozaki did.)

That said, I like to think that M!Robin was chosen because that would better contrast with :4lucina:'s swordfighter. (And she could have fallen into the same thing as the alts of :4olimar: and :4bowserjr: given that she was originally supposed to be an alt of Marth).

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I pretty much feel like Robin and Jesus right now.

I'm a sophomore, and we have to take the World History 10 Midterm on Monday, as well as the AP multiple choice in order to actually do the AP.

Last year, I ended up creating SuperNotes, as a collective progress of all the year's notes for last year's finals; literally, all of my fellow classmates treated me like an angel after that, and I heard from teachers that my notes were used for approximately 75% of the students. I felt pretty happy, knowing that I helped my class pass.

This year, I did them again, with much better notes than from WH9 Midterms notes. Now, I'm getting the messages again, and over 50+ likes on that Facebook post with the links to both last year and this year's notes on everything for World History. Hell, even some of the freshmen are talking about it, which makes me feel a bit happier.

Basically, I saved the entire class from failing from what they're telling me, and I'm pretty sure our grade's gonna do exceptionally well on the test.

I don't even know why I shared this story, I just feel very happy right now.
While you should most definitely be proud of the work you have done and while the value of students teaching each other is evident in it of itself, I do worry if some of your classmates are using this as a crutch instead of making and relying on their own notes. To be clear, this comment really has more to do with them than you since, again, you should be proud of your work and this comment is also not taking into account of your teacher as well. It's just that they're eventually gonna have to rely on their own note-taking skills. Anyways, sorry for the lecture, teacher speaking here (God that makes me sound old).

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Good day, Robin boards! I recently find myself playing Robin almost every day in For Glory. Love the unique move set they have.

Although I have yet to finish Awakening, I can tell MU was a great choice to add to the already big roster. :)

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
I think F!Robin's "Ne!" when she initiates a conversation in her supports is super cute.:b:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've seen this comic posted SO many times, but the faces in the last panel NEVER fail to make me laugh.

It's just so ACCURATE to how that soldier would be feeling, fighting against Hector. xD

Hong

The Strongest
My best game mechanics moment was playing Radiant Dawn and having javelins bouncing off of Ike's muscular chest.

Literally. They would ricochet off his chest and he would stand entirely unphased. This guy is RIPPED.

"*****, do you know who I am? :4myfriends:"

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
My best game mechanics moment was playing Radiant Dawn and having javelins bouncing off of Ike's muscular chest.

Literally. They would ricochet off his chest and he would stand entirely unphased. This guy is RIPPED.

"*****, do you know who I am? :4myfriends:"
Those are some massive pecs!

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794

I found this pic of Robin. It's my new favorite.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I finally got around to getting my Smashboards name changed and this is what I decided to go for. That and I entered that tournament under this name so I thought I should make it official.

Despite how happy I am that I'm getting myself and my Robin out there, I've decided that I should hold off from competitive Smash until this semester is over with. I'd still be happy to play with anyone, it's just I'm more than likely not going to any more tournaments for a while.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Maybe next time I'll just keep the same initials and go by DF so you don't have to change anything :4dedede:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
I have this Twitter account called fe_69min where more-than-decent artists get a theme to draw for every day, Fire Emblem related. They make some great artwork! Maybe something for you guys to check out? :]

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well of course...
Also, I noticed that your location is "in grab range". If it's Robin's grab range, I'm going to have to ask you to mind your distance.
Though if it's Link's you're okay.
Haha, that is barely noticed as well.
Am I not the only person who saw the initial trailer for the new FE and thought "Is that Olivia!Lucina?!"?
And yeah, I always though Olivia&Chrom are meant to be together, since you get extra speeches with your son inigo, which is pretty okay as lucinas brother and fits the royal theme and stuff.
Also, it exists in the game, someone has though of that while creating the game, so that might be a good hint.

Hong

The Strongest
Am I not the only person who saw the initial trailer for the new FE and thought "Is that Olivia!Lucina?!"?
Many have said she is a cross between Ninian/Olivia, and a few Olivia/Lucina. IS just hasn't had as diverse a design sense for dancers as they have had other recurring classes.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
:4robinm:"Prepare yourself cause I'm about to tip the scales with some fan art, although I suspect your not ready."

:4robinf:"Ha! Checkmate!"

Top Bottom