• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Am I the only one that horded Reeking Boxes so that I could build supports and grind?

Last edited:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I only remember Serana from Skyrim: Dawnguard when it comes to Laura Bailey's roles

:rotfl: EVERYTIME, I BURST OUT LAUGHING!!!
:C Keiko from YYH, Rise from Persona 4, Fetch from Infamous, Lucina obviously, Kid Trunks, Blaze the Cat, CHUN-LI. She's one of my favorites.

I always like to imagine when playing Shadow Dragon that Jagen knows about the swap places with Marth bit and just cries. He's going.

So a reboot of sorts?

Then why "kill off" dead pool and Wolverine unless I am missing something here still
It might be to not have two Deadpools running around which sucks because 616 Deadpool is way cooler than mutant hating **** Deadpool. Smashing the universes together is going to be WEIRD. Only thing I really don't get is why they made 616 Nick Fury black, well white Fury's kid, when they're presumably moving Ultimate Fury over ANYWAY.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
:C Keiko from YYH, Rise from Persona 4, Fetch from Infamous, Lucina obviously, Kid Trunks, Blaze the Cat, CHUN-LI. She's one of my favorites.

I always like to imagine when playing Shadow Dragon that Jagen knows about the swap places with Marth bit and just cries. He's going.

It might be to not have two Deadpools running around which sucks because 616 Deadpool is way cooler than mutant hating **** Deadpool. Smashing the universes together is going to be WEIRD. Only thing I really don't get is why they made 616 Nick Fury black, well white Fury's kid, when they're presumably moving Ultimate Fury over ANYWAY.
But Samuel L Jackson is awesome at Nick Furry D:

So wait, let me get this straight ( sorry not a comic book nerd unfortunately) they are killing off the dead pool from the comic book series and keep the crappy x men one or is it the other way around? And also, there are 2 universes in the Marvel universe and they are combining them together? And Stan Lee is alright with this? This just sound really confusing to me

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I... Didn't use Fredrick, at all. After the first mission I learned how uber OP he was and made him just sit in the corner of the rest of the maps, or didn't bring him at all.
I can tell you haven't played past at least Hard difficulty.

See, it goes...

Normal.
Hard.
Fredrick.
Fredrick Versus the World.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Who is your favourite? I like the original Jeigan because he wears spikes as if he is trying to feel young and cool again. I'll also mention Titania, because I kind of feel for her.
I'm partially to Titania:

1) Red Heads!
2) Oifey, not a Jeigan.
3) Has actual significant character development and involvement in the plot. (Seth and Marcus are rather..... static.)
4) Axes. Hnnnnngh.

Edit: I'm a really big fan of her Radiant Dawn art, too.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
"Hey, Titania! Swords beats axes!"
"Hey, Seth! Axes beats lances!"
"Hey, Oifey! Lances beats swords!"

It's as if the pre-promote you get at the start of the game is significantly stronger than any of the enemies she or he faces. :4pacman:

Who is your favourite? I like the original Jeigan because he wears spikes as if he is trying to feel young and cool again. I'll also mention Titania, because I kind of feel for her.

Edit - And yeah, I'll advocate using Frederick as a stat-stick, even if he's just unarmed.
To be fair, Seth is goddamn SETH.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm partially to Titania:

1) Red Heads!
2) Oifey, not a Jeigan.
3) Has actual significant character development and involvement in the plot. (Seth and Marcus are rather..... static.)
4) Axes. Hnnnnngh.

Edit: I'm a really big fan of her Radiant Dawn art, too.

Hear, hear. I agree with all of the above.

And yeah, I liked the Radiant Dawn art in general. They took what was established with Path of Radiance, increased the detail and made it a little more mature.
To be fair, Seth is goddamn SETH.
Seth: He sees the blade within your doublet.

Every time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can tell you haven't played past at least Hard difficulty.

See, it goes...

Normal.
Hard.
Fredrick.
Fredrick Versus the World.
No, I have, I've beat it on lunatic, screw lunatic plus though. So I'm guessing I am the only one that did that... OK. I don't see how my strategies automatically make it impossible for me to play on lunatic.

Last edited:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
But Samuel L Jackson is awesome at Nick Furry D:

So wait, let me get this straight ( sorry not a comic book nerd unfortunately) they are killing off the dead pool from the comic book series and keep the crappy x men one or is it the other way around? And also, there are 2 universes in the Marvel universe and they are combining them together? And Stan Lee is alright with this? This just sound really confusing to me
He is but Nick Fury was a white guy in 616(main universe). He has a kid who is SLJ Fury. SLJ Fury was first in Ultimate's(A different series made so kids could get in early. A lot of what's been seen in the past decade or so has been based on this such as the Ultimate Spider-Man game and cartoon) universe at it's launch in...2000? So now there's 2 SLJ Fury's.

They are killing the jokey awesome Deadpool and replacing him with this half robot piece of **** from Ultimate if I understand Secret Wars right. They are mixing Ultimate's universe with the 616 one so for example Miles Morales and Peter Parker will both be Spider-Man in the same universe. I'm behind but I imagine it has to do with the Galactus attack in Ultimate.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
"Hey, Titania! Swords beats axes!"
"Hey, Seth! Axes beats lances!"
"Hey, Oifey! Lances beats swords!"

It's as if the pre-promote you get at the start of the game is significantly stronger than any of the enemies she or he faces. :4pacman:

Edit - And yeah, I'll advocate using Frederick as a stat-stick, even if he's just unarmed.
I like Titania the most. She has a cool design and is actually worth having around lategame. Also Nolan, if you can even consider his like 5 level lead a Jeigan-Archetype. He still is singlehandedly the most useful thing about the original members of the Dawn Brigade.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
At least Frederick is actually not a bad character (and basically mandatory for the early chapters on Lunatic) so their gameplay experiences should have still been decent.
Frederick Emblem never worked for me when I attempted Lunatic. Sure, he can 1-hit KO most enemies but he will eventually go down by the enemy swarming him. I resorted to the water trick from the prologue to give myself a fighting chance in the early chapters.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I don't think I actually used Frederick on early Lunatic much either outside of being a defense stat-stick for Robin who already was a decent tank for me starting in chapter 1 when put on advantageous terrain. Though I suppose I got lucky because she was basically like Neo from the Matrix with her dodging shenanigans. Also haven't tried Lunatic+.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Frederick Emblem never worked for me when I attempted Lunatic. Sure, he can 1-hit KO most enemies but he will eventually go down by the enemy swarming him. I resorted to the water trick from the prologue to give myself a fighting chance in the early chapters.
What is this water trick that everybody uses to grind in Hard and Frederick only?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
What is this water trick that everybody uses to grind in Hard and Frederick only?
You hardly need that trick on Hard but it is useful on Lunatic and above. So if you recall, on the very first map there is a bridge with water on both sides. For some strange messianic reason Chrom (and someone else but I forget) can walk on water on this map only. So the idea is to pair Robin with Chrom, walk on the water and bait out the enemies towards the end of the map, and have Robin safely destroy them all with magic while on the water to gain another level or two.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
nearly everyone from the cast of Radiant Dawn like seriously everyone from that game was second tier already jesus christ
Well, when you think about it, most characters in RD would have actually had their (first) promotion in PoR, so technically they're not pre-promotes as such (except Sothe, since he couldn't promote in PoR)

anyway, some pre-promotes are good: Sigurd is godly in FE4, and Oifey is passable since promotion works slightly differently in that game (he only really falls behind because of not having a holy weapon); and FE7 Marcus, Seth, and Titania can still be useful towards the end if you get lucky enough with their level-ups. The only truly worthless ones are Jagen, Arran, and FE6 Marcus in my opinion

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So this lad decided to take a break from M!Robin and try playing as F!Robin Reflet for a change in serious fashion.

I gotta say, I can see where the massive appeal to her comes from. Sweet darling looks (she's not too far off being fondling-inducing face), lines feel perhaps more "home" to me than Robin when feeling the source game's scent from it, impeccably tight sass which makes ya feel pretty damn satisfied after a victory (#hacheckmate), and when I implement my skill on her hands, it makes her look pretty damn respectable. Like, really, respectable, formidable opponent. :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf:

Heck, when once playing against someone in FG, they first sucked fighting me, until they started to improve in my eyes which brough smile on my face. I forced them to play into their limits to beat me.
10/10, would do Reflet again even if I prefer my cutie face magician M!Robin. :4palutena:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've started playing MRobin again and wow I forgot how much I liked him. So now, I also play both genders. 10/10 for both F and M Robin ~ :4robinm::4robinf:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Prepromotes are almost always bad; unless you count Frederick, and nearly everyone from the cast of Radiant Dawn like seriously everyone from that game was second tier already jesus christ
FE6: Bartre, Percival, Niime, Karel.
FE7: Marcus, Hawkeye, Geitz, Pent, Harken, Jaffar
FE8: Seth, Innes, Saleh, Duessel
FE9: Titania, Shinon, Stefan, Devdan, Tanith, Calil, Haar, Bastian, Geoffrey
FE10: (Considering pre-promos relative to their comrades at join-time): Sothe, Zihark, Tormod, Nailah, BK, Elincia, HAAR

Every unit I just listed is at the very least usable, and in some cases outright destroy similar units. (Percival, Pent, FE10 Haar being the main stand-outs)

In older games, that statement holds more true, but it's just not the case in modern FE that pre-promos are 'almost always bad'.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
So this lad decided to take a break from M!Robin and try playing as F!Robin Reflet for a change in serious fashion.

I gotta say, I can see where the massive appeal to her comes from. Sweet darling looks (she's not too far off being fondling-inducing face), lines feel perhaps more "home" to me than Robin when feeling the source game's scent from it, impeccably tight sass which makes ya feel pretty damn satisfied after a victory (#hacheckmate), and when I implement my skill on her hands, it makes her look pretty damn respectable. Like, really, respectable, formidable opponent. :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf:

Heck, when once playing against someone in FG, they first sucked fighting me, until they started to improve in my eyes which brough smile on my face. I forced them to play into their limits to beat me.
10/10, would do Reflet again even if I prefer my cutie face magician M!Robin. :4palutena:
I mean, how can you go wrong with lines like this:

"A good tactician has nothing to fear :^)"

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
FE7: Marcus, Hawkeye, Geitz, Pent, Harken, Jaffar
I just beat FE7 Eliwood-mode recently and I was surprised by how decent some of the pre-promote units were. Especially Pent. Pent's a monster.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I've started playing MRobin again and wow I forgot how much I liked him. So now, I also play both genders. 10/10 for both F and M Robin ~ :4robinm::4robinf:
It's nice to diversify between the two genders I find. Keeps things fresh with Robin and both genders are very much likeable characters in they're own respect. I've been playing as both genders for quite some time now and have grown fond of both of them equally.

Gender equality FTW! ^w^ :4robinm::4robinf:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pent is the best caster in the game, bar none.
Ah, Pent. The infamously hot white-haired magician by another name of "Fire-wrecking EXP Eater"- and he's even married to equally awesome and beautiful royalty carrying a bow.

FE's bestest canon pairings in history. :4kirby:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, I use Red Robin now. I love her up air with a Levin Sword. :T
We know about the Levin Sword, but how are the hamburgers?

Well, when you think about it, most characters in RD would have actually had their (first) promotion in PoR, so technically they're not pre-promotes as such (except Sothe, since he couldn't promote in PoR)

anyway, some pre-promotes are good: Sigurd is godly in FE4, and Oifey is passable since promotion works slightly differently in that game (he only really falls behind because of not having a holy weapon); and FE7 Marcus, Seth, and Titania can still be useful towards the end if you get lucky enough with their level-ups. The only truly worthless ones are Jagen, Arran, and FE6 Marcus in my opinion
Sir, your avatar is Golden. 20/10.

Seriously considering dying my hair white.

And growing sexy sexy pigtails~
What makes white hair so great...? On seriously wondering here, because normally white hair is looked down upon as a symbol of old age..

But dang, it looks great.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What makes white hair so great...? On seriously wondering here, because normally white hair is looked down upon as a symbol of old age..

But dang, it looks great.
It symbolises wisdom, fertility, death, rebirth...

Also just look at my avatar and signature and username and bear in mind that my surname is actually Winters and yeah you can guess why I like white hair.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Personally i find the model of difficulty that Lunatic+ mode presents in Awakening to be really lame, i mean instead of positioning the enemy troops in more effcient ways to narrow the strategies used to beat them, they just made the enemies so powerful and the RNG so against you that you have to resort to cheap ways, basically Frederick at the start and lots of grinding later on. I seriously don't know how could anyone beat it without grinding with the free dlc spotpass characters, heck Apotheosis it's pretty much the epitome of this, though i don't mind it too much there since it's kinda like a DLC super boss after all.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It symbolises wisdom, fertility, death, rebirth...

Also just look at my avatar and signature and username and bear in mind that my surname is actually Winters and yeah you can guess why I like white hair.
Winters?

Lake_Tess.png

Hong

The Strongest

I can't help but chuckle when I'm on the go and this comes up on my MP3 player. It certainly looks and feels like Winters where I live right now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I can't help but chuckle when I'm on the go and this comes up on my MP3 player. It certainly looks and feels like Winters where I live right now.

Hey Hong, what's the song that plays in the second half of the new Onett/Winters remix?

I would assume its the Winters theme.. But it sounds different....

Top Bottom