• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
-Fighting Rosalina on For Glory
-Last stock last hit
-Fire Thoron and miss. Throw book.
-Get sourspot Bair'd offstage
-Rosalina goes in to Dair
-Book drops down and bops her
-Rosa stuck in hitstun long enough for me to DJ -> Uair for the KO
-Rosalina immediately leaves
-Profound laughter

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Travis Willingham also vocied Roy Mustang from FMA... He's married to Lust's VA, Laura Bailey, who voices Lucina.
Funny thing is, that makes Travis...a family man. :seuss:

The joke is that he and Laura Bailey also play roles in Street Fighter as Guile and Chun-Li. The meme pretty much exploded when that S support marriage happened.

Hilarious what these things do.

-Fighting Rosalina on For Glory
-Last stock last hit
-Fire Thoron and miss. Throw book.
-Get sourspot Bair'd offstage
-Rosalina goes in to Dair
-Book drops down and bops her
-Rosa stuck in hitstun long enough for me to DJ -> Uair for the KO
-Rosalina immediately leaves
-Profound laughter
Book is eternal savior.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

The joke is that he and Laura Bailey also play roles in Street Fighter as Guile and Chun-Li. The meme pretty much exploded when that S support marriage happened.
So Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey are married?

I think we all know what that means. Knuckles the Echidna x Lucina OTP.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hilarious what these things do.

Book is eternal savior.
Travis is best friends with Troy Baker and they were in Infamous: Second Son together along with Laura Bailey, long story short, the story in that game required Laura Bailey and Troy Baker to basically make out. Irony.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey are married?

I think we all know what that means. Knuckles the Echidna x Lucina OTP.
For some time, now. It's sweet.

Yuck.

Travis is best friends with Troy Baker and they were in Infamous: Second Son together along with Laura Bailey, long story short, the story in that game required Laura Bailey and Troy Baker to basically make out. Irony.
Amazing irony, at that, which ended up being hilarious in hindsight.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Speaking of Laura Bailey, who does see play aside from Lucina?
You can find her in a lot of Atlus games especially in Persona 4, SMT Soul Hackers, and Catherine. She plays in a good amount of dubbed anime too like kid Trunks in DBZ, the list is pretty big actually now that I'm looking it up.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Travis Willingham also appears in Darker Than Black as Amagiri alongside Troy Baker as November 11 and Laura Bailey as Amber. :3

His character gets burnt alive at one point and unleashes the most spine-tingling scream I have ever heard. Trav is a talented man, that scream nearly made me collapse out of shock and horror the first time I heard him do it.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
That Klaus picture reminded me that not only will there never be a Golden Sun character in smash but no Tales of character either :( not that Tales of exactly belongs here

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
If they do kill off deadpool then bring him back in the new universe I hope they write him more like he was when he started out. He was always a weird "break the fourth wall" kinda character who was hilarious and serious at the same time but recently he's just become the poster boy for "LOL SEW RANDUM XDDDD" catering to marvel fangirls and little teens who see memes of him online but have never read a single comic.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's Klaus from good ol' Tales of Phantasia. When can I expect to receive my cookie?

That Klaus picture reminded me that not only will there never be a Golden Sun character in smash but no Tales of character either :( not that Tales of exactly belongs here
Super Smash Flash 2 got'cha covered in both cases. After Isaac's put in there, Isaac VS Lloyd Irving in Smash isn't at least, an impossibility to play. :4dedede:

And crazily enough the game's now a viable choice for tournament fighter, it seems.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I only remember Serana from Skyrim: Dawnguard when it comes to Laura Bailey's roles
Holy Grima! This is freaking awesome! :surprised:

:4robinm:"Checkmate!"
:rotfl: EVERYTIME, I BURST OUT LAUGHING!!!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Because you associate me with Lucina, logically.

But I legitimately could not breathe after watching this gold. It's way too funny.
I think it's more likely that it's very similar to Lucina's "I cannot lose" taunt.

I read that line in the same nonchalant way Lucina says her taunt. :p

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I think Laura Bailey voiced the female main character in Persona 3 Portable. I'm not entirely sure about that, though...

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
That she did actually. I keep forgetting she FemC since P3P is hardly mentioned due to not being canon.

Hong

The Strongest
When Awakening first came out, there sure were a fair share of comics, articles, and comments on how "overpowered" Frederick is.

It is genuinely adorable, and I don't mean that in a mocking way. To see a fresh host of players absolutely blown away by this age-old character archetype. At least Frederick is actually not a bad character (and basically mandatory for the early chapters on Lunatic) so their gameplay experiences should have still been decent.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
When Awakening first came out, there sure were a fair share of comics, articles, and comments on how "overpowered" Frederick is.

It is genuinely adorable, and I don't mean that in a mocking way. To see a fresh host of players absolutely blown away by this age-old character archetype. At least Frederick is actually not a bad character (and basically mandatory for the early chapters on Lunatic) so their gameplay experiences should have still been decent.

Frederick's awesome!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I... Didn't use Fredrick, at all. After the first mission I learned how uber OP he was and made him just sit in the corner of the rest of the maps, or didn't bring him at all.
Basically this for any FE game that contains a character that is like Frederick.

I mean, a character like Frederick can be useful to help take down waves of enemies (and in Awakening's case, get through the early game of Lunatic mode). Later on though, a character like Frederick can be a liability as he will be consuming EXP from other characters by KOing the enemies himself.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I... Didn't use Fredrick, at all. After the first mission I learned how uber OP he was and made him just sit in the corner of the rest of the maps, or didn't bring him at all.
I usually dislike using the overpowered early game character but the pair up bonuses you get with Frederick are far too good for me to pass up at least until Valm arc. A Frederick x Sumia tag team is almost beyond godlike, I'd dare say even more devastating than the Avatar.

Hong

The Strongest

Frederick's awesome!
"Hey, Titania! Swords beats axes!"
"Hey, Seth! Axes beats lances!"
"Hey, Oifey! Lances beats swords!"

It's as if the pre-promote you get at the start of the game is significantly stronger than any of the enemies she or he faces. :4pacman:

Who is your favourite? I like the original Jeigan because he wears spikes as if he is trying to feel young and cool again. I'll also mention Titania, because I kind of feel for her.

Edit - And yeah, I'll advocate using Frederick as a stat-stick, even if he's just unarmed.

Last edited:

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
Having played FE6 and 7 Hard Mode before really made me value my little Jeigan/Oifey characters. Toss them a Javelin and watch them feed my baby army!

Otherwise they're kind of useless in any of my runs besides draft.

I do have a soft spot for old Marcus (you'll fight for me until you're a skeleton) and Titania.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I grew up on FE games where the pre-promoted paladin is almost always terrible, sub-par, or a big EXP hog, so I avoided using Fredrick. This was actually a mistake though, because he is a solid unit even later on, and nigh-necessary on Lunatic. Still kind of an EXP hog, but that's not too important in Awakening.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
"Hey, Titania! Swords beats axes!"
"Hey, Seth! Axes beats lances!"
"Hey, Oifey! Lances beats swords!"

It's as if the pre-promote you get at the start of the game is significantly stronger than any of the enemies she or he faces. :4pacman:

Who is your favourite? I like the original Jeigan because he wears spikes as if he is trying to feel young and cool again. I'll also mention Titania, because I kind of feel for her.

Edit - And yeah, I'll advocate using Frederick as a stat-stick, even if he's just unarmed.
My favorite is Sothe mainly because I found an overpowered (at first) thief character very fun when they otherwise tend to be really squishy and for being the one I like most as a character. Of course he loses points for being forced into endgame when you get Volke the previous effing chapter.

Top Bottom