• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader

I can't help but chuckle when I'm on the go and this comes up on my MP3 player. It certainly looks and feels like Winters where I live right now.

Wait, so it isn't always winter in Canada? :4dedede:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Speaking of good soundtracks, i'm really excited to see what they can pull off with that FExSMT crossover's soundtrack.
Having that energetic or hope filled instrumental sound of many of the FE battle themes...
be combined with the more grunge/indsutrial rock oriented, and somewhat more eerie or mocking sounding themes of the SMT series...
It's just too much of a combination that sounds so crazy that it could work really well.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Hey Hong, what's the song that plays in the second half of the new Onett/Winters remix?

I would assume its the Winters theme.. But it sounds different....
It is Winters, but two segments are skipped. Probably composed that way for the same reason why Id Purpose was butchered.
Wait, so it isn't always winter in Canada? :4dedede:
Ah, I see you brought a hat to keep warm. How wise. I'll do the same.:4dedede:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
TBH now that we have a new main-series game on the way, I have minimal care levels for if SMTxFE ever comes to be.

I would care more if it was like, Devil Survivor or Persona characters, but I really don't care for any of the main series protags.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
By this point, I doubt that SMTxFE is happening...

Two years is a long time between news.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
TBH now that we have a new main-series game on the way, I have minimal care levels for if SMTxFE ever comes to be.

I would care more if it was like, Devil Survivor or Persona characters, but I really don't care for any of the main series protags.
SMT main series has characters? :4dedede:
Anyway i'm hoping that they focus more on the demons themselves, that's where the fun part is at in my opinion

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

I'm personally in the really small camp that wants to see Raidou Kuzunoha instead.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

I'm so sorry, I did everyone a terrible disservice in not linking the hilariously even MORE over the top extra eye candy PS3 rendition of the attack. Please accept my apologies.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I'm waiting for Dynasty Warriors X Fire Emblem.

Just imagine this, Robin running like a madman throwing fire and Lemon swords.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
To be honest, I have to say that my favorite piece, barring Radiant Dawn's Time of Action or the Dawn Brigade's themes, is from the teaser for Fire Emblem If. It got me so hyped up for the game, especially with a Q2/Q3 release.

Also, with Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, I honestly believe that it's not dead yet, but we haven't heard a single thing from Nintendo about it even with its release scheduled for 2015. Any sort of hint would be nice; maybe some confirmation of the return of old characters?

Imagine the GBA Fire Emblem characters in HD Wii U full on 3D graphics.

Hong

The Strongest
Didn't SMT x FE begin development before SEGA bought Atlus? Wonder if they deemed it not lucrative enough to go through with the project. Would also explain why they announced like basically three Etrian Odyssey games.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Didn't SMT x FE begin development before SEGA bought Atlus? Wonder if they deemed it not lucrative enough to go through with the project. Would also explain why they announced like basically three Etrian Odyssey games.
IIRC they confirmed at some point after the merger that the project wasn't dead.

That's not to say it might not be dead NOW, but the acquisition won't be what caused it.

Hong

The Strongest
IIRC they confirmed at some point after the merger that the project wasn't dead.

That's not to say it might not be dead NOW, but the acquisition won't be what caused it.
In before they release a sequel to "Sonic and the Black Knight" featuring characters from Fire Emblem.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd welcome a Sonic RPG made by Atlus, but if Chronicles is any indication, even a reputable company like Bioware can't make Sonic RPGs work.

Sad world.

Hong

The Strongest
Sonic is cursed.

Anything that is not a traditional sidescroller has an immensely slim chance of success. Whether it's because developers don't know how to make something interesting with Sonic's qualities (and I don't blame them), or because it's a game where Sonic really had no business being in to begin with... he's had some hard times.

And it's a real shame. From what I hear, games like Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors were actually good, but it's hard for the IP to get positive press in the 3d era. :/

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Still waiting for Style Savvy x Fire Emblem.
Here's a piece of advice: in Style Savvy x Fire Emblem, never choose Lucina. Robin is a great choice though. OP in the fashion world.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Even though I personally prefer Male Robin, I feel sorry for the peeps that wanted a Female Robin amiibo. I wish Nintendo would be mass-producing amiibo of alternate costumes too at least as a limited edition.

I'd rather have :4wario2: in his normal overalls, than his Warioware Outfit, never really was that fond of that incarnation of him

Having figurines of all 7 Koopalings: :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: would be prety freakin' sweet

I know a lot of people would want a Hooded :4littlemac: amiibo, Wireframe would probably be impossible though.

And so on with anyone else with an alt. I'm also slightly baffled at how they gave Male Robin a little more attention during the game's trailers and the promotional art, having F.Robin appear only at the very end announcing she can be played as kinda sucked for me. And this is just me, but I also kinda wish Validar's heirophant in FE: A was an avatar with the opposite gender as yours, rather than being an exact look-alike. I dunno why, but for some reason I'd love to see some kind of canonical interaction between the two Robins (from the way they're portrayed in Smash, they also seem to have slightly different personalities...), and I think it'd be funny if they had a win quote against each other instead of just Lucina.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Colors and Generations are exceptionally good, and would have provided a solid foundation for Sonic to work off of had SEGA kept with it.

I think Jim Sterling put it best - SEGA's so afraid of constant backlash, undeserved or otherwise, that they just reinvent the wheel with Sonic rather than fine tune it. From the fast-reflex boost gameplay of Unleashed and Colors, to true hi-speed platforming of Generations, to the modest-paced and hi-potential parkour elements of Lost World, to the disaster of combat centric style of Boom, with a smattering if 2D throwbacks from Sonic 4, Sonic's just never had a good idea simmer. Rather than let the pie cool off, SEGA throws it away and just makes a new one with a new recipe.

If there's a bright side to this, it's that Boom was not made by Sonic Team, but by a hodgepodge of ex Naughty Dog devs that SEGA got suckered into hiring. I'm curious as to what Sonic Team has coming up for the series this year. If it's essentially a refurbished Lost World, I'm game.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm waiting for Dynasty Warriors X Fire Emblem.

Just imagine this, Robin running like a madman throwing fire and Lemon swords.
I brought this same exact game idea up in the K. Rool thread. :psycho:

D

Deleted member

In my opinion for Sonic, I think that they should have kept the gameplay style of Sonic Unleashed and refined it. They nearly perfected it in Generations, so they could have made it better and created better level design in future games.
Or, they could go back to the more open gameplay style of Sonic Adventure and refine it.
Hopefully Sega will get their act together soon.

I agree. When the new FE game got confirmed, I lost all care for SMTxFE. If it still exists, OK. If it's cancelled, OK. I'm fine with either scenario.

Still waiting for Style Savvy x Fire Emblem.
I'm waiting for Brain Age X Fire Emblem. There is a lot of untapped potential that could be found here.
Seriously, I would be happy with Pokemon X Fire Emblem, The Legend of Zelda X Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade Chronicles X Fire Emblem. I will be as excited as a little kid on a sugar rush if any of these happened.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Knuckles
I found the theme song.

ChibiValshe

Hold your breath with me
3DS FC
2723-9690-1869
Is it bad that Sonic games (especially the original) make me feel motion sickness?

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
Is it bad that Sonic games (especially the original) make me feel motion sickness?
That's like asking yourself if you blame yourself for getting sick.

Nah, it's not bad, motion sickness is normal. Hey, I ended up getting motion sick, too, when I first played My Sims Kingdom as an elementary schooler.

Speaking of Sonic Games, though, my all-time favorite is and still is Sonic Heroes. I just thought it was so cool playing as 12 different characters, and having the little differences between them was amazing and Hang Castle can go away.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's like asking yourself if you blame yourself for getting sick.

Nah, it's not bad, motion sickness is normal. Hey, I ended up getting motion sick, too, when I first played My Sims Kingdom as an elementary schooler.

Speaking of Sonic Games, though, my all-time favorite is and still is Sonic Heroes. I just thought it was so cool playing as 12 different characters, and having the little differences between them was amazing and Hang Castle can go away.
I used to play Gears of War and got motion sickness from that once...wut?

Hong

The Strongest
Here's a piece of advice: in Style Savvy x Fire Emblem, never choose Lucina. Robin is a great choice though. OP in the fashion world.
Robin? Might get you past Virion, but you'll never impress the fashion king, Marth, with that getup. Got to pick one of the older fashion heroes like Ares or Xane to stand a chance.
I feel you. I get motion sickness from the Metroid Prime games.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I can COMPLETELY understand that, that camera is borderline nauseating when roadie-running.
The roll to roadie run technique is what DESTROYED me. :dizzy:
I really thought I was dying, it was that bad.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
I pretty much feel like Robin and Jesus right now.

I'm a sophomore, and we have to take the World History 10 Midterm on Monday, as well as the AP multiple choice in order to actually do the AP.

Last year, I ended up creating SuperNotes, as a collective progress of all the year's notes for last year's finals; literally, all of my fellow classmates treated me like an angel after that, and I heard from teachers that my notes were used for approximately 75% of the students. I felt pretty happy, knowing that I helped my class pass.

This year, I did them again, with much better notes than from WH9 Midterms notes. Now, I'm getting the messages again, and over 50+ likes on that Facebook post with the links to both last year and this year's notes on everything for World History. Hell, even some of the freshmen are talking about it, which makes me feel a bit happier.

Basically, I saved the entire class from failing from what they're telling me, and I'm pretty sure our grade's gonna do exceptionally well on the test.

I don't even know why I shared this story, I just feel very happy right now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm a sophomore, and we have to take the World History 10 Midterm on Monday, as well as the AP multiple choice in order to actually do the AP.

Last year, I ended up creating SuperNotes, as a collective progress of all the year's notes for last year's finals; literally, all of my fellow classmates treated me like an angel after that, and I heard from teachers that my notes were used for approximately 75% of the students. I felt pretty happy, knowing that I helped my class pass.

This year, I did them again, with much better notes than from WH9 Midterms notes. Now, I'm getting the messages again, and over 50+ likes on that Facebook post with the links to both last year and this year's notes on everything for World History. Hell, even some of the freshmen are talking about it, which makes me feel a bit happier.

Basically, I saved the entire class from failing from what they're telling me, and I'm pretty sure our grade's gonna do exceptionally well on the test.

Congrats, man. AP is tough, I would know, I'm a junior.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I really feel that Sonic is in a hole that he can't escape. Sonic games has been bad and because of his reputations the good ones are somewhat ignored. Boom is a failure and Lost World is like another game to the list, Secret Rings and the Black Knight are kinda decent but well nothing so good.

I wonder if the Sonic Team decides to come back to the adventures gameplay that is fantastic and SA1 ans SA2 are really really good. Generations and Colors are some improvements but still Sonic needs a good game to really shine and escape from that hole. Sonic 2006 looked like it was going to be the chosen one, it looked good and interesting but then they decided to launch a Beta of the game as the official and everything went down.

Still I enjoyed Black Knight and Unleashed (especially the day stages) they were cool enough to kill some time and because I love the Feudal age and all the medieval stuff I liked Black Knight.

Congrats man, that must feel really cool. Saving almost everyone in the class and even beyond that, you must been doing something really good.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I just got back from a smash tournament. I entered smash 4 and got 13th place out of 87 entrees. Dominated my pool and got first seed. Ended up losing both sides of the bracket to Diddy Kongs though :c

My Robin got complemented quite a bit and I pulled off some good stuff. I'd love to talk more about it, but I'm tired with having to do a two hour car trip and running on six hours of sleep. Sadly none of my stuff got recorded, but it was really fun and I'll go into more detail later.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Congrats and good job, i have a feeling Diddy is always gonna be a thorn in robins side thanks to how good he is at getting in your space. Gonna be one of those MU's every robin knows like the back of his/her hand

Folt

Smash Ace
Basically this for any FE game that contains a character that is like Frederick.

I mean, a character like Frederick can be useful to help take down waves of enemies (and in Awakening's case, get through the early game of Lunatic mode). Later on though, a character like Frederick can be a liability as he will be consuming EXP from other characters by KOing the enemies himself.
The funniest thing I've experienced in regards to the FE community is how young!Marcus, the overseas' first introduction to the Jeigan, basically went from "he's garbage" to "he's awesome" in the community, while Nino went the opposite way. I just can't shake off the memories of the fandom around the era when we got the first overseas FE game (and I kind of want to as the community back then was full of creepy ****s).

Pent is the best caster in the game, bar none.

Except MAYBE Serra.
Dat sexy staff rank.

And bases.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Seems you tipped them scales quite nicely. :cheep:

Top Bottom