• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You'd think being a forum dedicated to Tacticians, you'd have insightful, intellectual conversations across a chessboard with a side of tea. However, do not allow yourself to be lulled into a @ False Sense False Sense of security.

I don't know why there is so much cray around these parts, but that's just how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In all seriousness, I think the reason there's so much unusual, fun stuff going on in this thread is because of the community we built. Back in the day, support for Robin continued to grow as time passed and more people realized how awesome he/she would be as a new Smash character and Fire Emblem representative. As support for Robin grew, so did the community, and Robin supporters forged bonds that remain strong to this day. Now, after Robin's confirmation, we pass the time either discussing Robin in Smash, or just having fun with the friends we've made here. :)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
You'd think being a forum dedicated to Tacticians, you'd have insightful, intellectual conversations across a chessboard with a side of tea. However, do not allow yourself to be lulled into a @ False Sense False Sense of security.

I don't know why there is so much cray around these parts, but that's just how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think we can blame Chrom for that

Weeman

Smash Crusader

In all seriousness, I think the reason there's so much unusual, fun stuff going on in this thread is because of the community we built. Back in the day, support for Robin continued to grow as time passed and more people realized how awesome he/she would be as a new Smash character and Fire Emblem representative. As support for Robin grew, so did the community, and Robin supporters forged bonds that remain strong to this day. Now, after Robin's confirmation, we pass the time either discussing Robin in Smash, or just having fun with the friends we've made here. :)
Or posting Sonic OC's... Lot's of them.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Oh I'm quite aware. When I said I was a long-time lurker, I meant it. In fact, I have been keeping up with this thread since what? The tenth page? Maybe even earlier? So I know about all the struggles you all went through during the speculation phase of Smash 4, with being called delusional and being in denial since Chrom was supposedly the obvious choice. When you all were being ridiculed I was still silently supporting you all and I silently shared the joys and triumphs of this thread when Robin was announced in Smash over the beaten body of Chro--I mean the Gematsu Leak. The rest is history. Why it never occurred to me to join this thread until now is a mystery even unto me.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

!

I saw this recipe and immediately wanted to recreate them, only with Robin's tomes.
Time to top the cakes!

I know the feeling. Coliseum is immensely drab. Rather have had Arena Ferox HD or something from Fire Emblem that has vivid colours for once, like the Great Mila Tree.

That said, I do have more than just that song on. I'd say [id]Purpose would be a given for most of us. Also have The Devoted, Fight 1, and the Mystery of the Emblem Medley at low frequencies.
A Mila Tree stage would have been incredible! Though I still think Grima's back should have-
GRIMA'S BACK AS A STAGE!
Never mind, I was :4greninja:'d.
@Pikachewy99

Would love to see how you'd handle that attachment ;3

View attachment 30627

Well, that's clever. Because I'm a stubborn one I'll still think it's Anna :seuss:

Aside from the unlikely prospect of Grima himself as a stage, what else is there to choose from?
Seeing as I only have familiarity with Awakening (and a tiny, tiny bit with FE7), I'll draw from there for possibilities.
-Yllistol
-Dragon's Table
-Great Mila Tree
-Midmire
-an Outrealm stage of some kind
Ah, the Cain-Abel archetype? Makes sense to me, especially with the appropriate colors on the gender alts. Although it seems to me that Robin's color alts are more likely just references to the colors of the different types of units: blue (player), red (enemy), green (allied), and yellow (neutral).

Chapter 14? I've always wanted to see a Smash stage inspired by a maritime battle in a video game (Pirate Ship doesn't count).
And this stage as well.

I wish I had an opinion on Wii U Robin, but seeing as I lack a Wii U, I should return to Magic Fire Dinosaur Thing Land Starring Electric Mouse.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Time to top the cakes!

A Mila Tree stage would have been incredible! Though I still think Grima's back should have-

Never mind, I was :4greninja:'d.

Seeing as I only have familiarity with Awakening (and a tiny, tiny bit with FE7), I'll draw from there for possibilities.
-Yllistol
-Dragon's Table
-Great Mila Tree
-Midmire
-an Outrealm stage of some kind

And this stage as well.

I wish I had an opinion on Wii U Robin, but seeing as I lack a Wii U, I should return to Magic Fire Dinosaur Thing Land Starring Electric Mouse.
All you need to know about Wii U Robin is that you will enjoy watching your robe fluttering in the wind as you pelt your opponents with fire sent from the heavens like a wrathful deity. Also, as I also said in one of the other threads, female Robin has quite the winning smile so that's another plus.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I...totally forgot to reply to what liquid asked, but yeah, what all the other tacticians have been suggesting would have been miles more interesting and pleasing to the eye! And this is just limiting ourselves to Awakening settings...

Hong

The Strongest
I could think of nothing less than three settings from every Fire Emblem game that would be more colourful, interesting, and engaging than Coliseum, and without going into Awakening since we already have our fair share of that game, yeah? See, at least with the Great Mila Tree, you can pull off a Magicant and have it feature the Mila Shrine as well. A little old and a little new, you know?
The thing is a few other characters that were more popular to support didn't really get communities like ours after their characters were confirmed. Closest thing I can think of is the Shulk forum.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just took nearly twenty pictures of our favorite tactician's victory animations on the Wii U version. Yaaaay.

My current avatar right here is one of them, cropped. She looks like she's about to open up a can of whoop ass.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Robin looks extra pretty in the Wii U, well just about everyone who isn't Link looks prettier.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Now that somebody brought it up, the ship battle in Awakening could've been an interestesting stage (even though still very generic).
I'd imagine it with two ships as the platforms being seen from the back with a bridge between them. Maybe even have the ships sway a little in the waves. Have a naval battle in the background. And the background should be dynamic and switch to different weather conditions every so often.

There's a lot of things that could be awesome about such a stage, but alas.

Though I think I would've really missed this track in such a level.
Boy, do I hope Sega properly tries to revive Shining Force one of these days...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Now that somebody brought it up, the ship battle in Awakening could've been an interestesting stage (even though still very generic).
I'd imagine it with two ships as the platforms being seen from the back with a bridge between them. Maybe even have the ships sway a little in the waves. Have a naval battle in the background. And the background should be dynamic and switch to different weather conditions every so often.

That and you don't mention the possibility of dual plane battling like in the new DK stage?

:seuss:

Hong

The Strongest

Mega Man died for our sins.

Robin looks extra pretty in the Wii U, well just about everyone who isn't Link looks prettier.
Odd you should say that. Today I was just thinking how Link is the prettiest fighter in HD. I think he's gorgeous.

If we're going to do a ship battle from Fire Emblem, it should be one from Sacred Stones, in my opinion. This way we can have colourful fiends rampant in the background! Plus, any excuse to hope for a Rise Above arrangement. *~*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Odd you should say that. Today I was just thinking how Link is the prettiest fighter in HD. I think he's gorgeous.If we're going to do a ship battle from Fire Emblem, it should be one from Sacred Stones, in my opinion. This way we can have colourful fiends rampant in the background! Plus, any excuse to hope for a Rise Above arrangement. *~*

Wow...

They're literally the same stage, but flipped and with one more ship.

Hong

The Strongest
And more planks on the left. as well as actual terrain features on the ships.

Also not shown: Fog of war and ZOMBIES.

That aside, it's most likely intentional. Not counting DLC, about a quarter? of the maps are either direct copies or inspired by chapters from earlier games.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wish they had made Arena Ferox or Coliseum on both versions. Same with Paper Mario, Rainbow Road, Gerudo Valley, Wii Fit, Pac-Maze, and more. The Wii U roster of stages makes 3DS look like a *****, but it also has some glaring omissions.

D

Deleted member

Mega Man died for our sins.
Master Hand works for Capcom.

I wish they had made Arena Ferox or Coliseum on both versions. Same with Paper Mario, Rainbow Road, Gerudo Valley, Wii Fit, Pac-Maze, and more. The Wii U roster of stages makes 3DS look like a *****, but it also has some glaring omissions.
I'm the most upset over them omitting Magicant. The Flying Men are a pain, but that stage would look so good in HD.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
All you need to know about Wii U Robin is that you will enjoy watching your robe fluttering in the wind as you pelt your opponents with fire sent from the heavens like a wrathful deity. Also, as I also said in one of the other threads, female Robin has quite the winning smile so that's another plus.
So basically, Robin goes from awesome to the best thing ever.
I could think of nothing less than three settings from every Fire Emblem game that would be more colourful, interesting, and engaging than Coliseum, and without going into Awakening since we already have our fair share of that game, yeah? See, at least with the Great Mila Tree, you can pull off a Magicant and have it feature the Mila Shrine as well. A little old and a little new, you know?The thing is a few other characters that were more popular to support didn't really get communities like ours after their characters were confirmed. Closest thing I can think of is the Shulk forum.
I'd love to see more games represented, I just don't have the familiarity with them for suggestions. From what I've seen in FE7 so far, nothing hit me as particularly stage-worthy either, but I'm only past the chapter where you get Rath and the thief guy, so not that far yet.
Just took nearly twenty pictures of our favorite tactician's victory animations on the Wii U version. Yaaaay.

My current avatar right here is one of them, cropped. She looks like she's about to open up a can of whoop ***.
Be right back, picking my dropped jaw off the floor. Wii U treated my girl well.
And Magicant. Don't forget Magicant. I haven't been paying close attention, but have any more FE, Pokémon, or Mother stages been found yet outside of Coliseum, Castle Siege, Kalos League, Generic Stage Trend That Needs to Di- I mean, Pokémon Stadium 2, and Onett?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It can be his favorite, but that doesn't change the fact that he's wrong, lmao.

Any controller with 2 sticks is OBJECTIVELY better for playing Robin.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm really loving Robin myself. Robin's definitely my main in this one, and I'm not sure if I can so easily get back into Marth now because Robin's just too awesome.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It can be his favorite, but that doesn't change the fact that he's wrong, lmao.

Any controller with 2 sticks is OBJECTIVELY better for playing Robin.
To be fair, he OBJECTIVELY thinks Robin feels stiff. It's mainly wrong in your eyes OBJECTIVELY, from what I see, though I can't comment because I don't have a Wii U.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Be right back, picking my dropped jaw off the floor. Wii U treated my girl well.
If you'd like, there's more where that came from. :4pacman:

robin-vc-1.png
robin-vc-2.png
robin-vc-5.png

I took this pictures from this video right here.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If I think something, it's automatically subjective. Can't be objective if it's an opinion.

That said, I've gotten slightly more used to Wii U Pro controls with Robin now. Guess I just had a harder time adjusting than most. Something still feels off when I throw Arcfires though.

But considering the entire country is sold out of GCC adapters and there are no plans for retailers like Walmart to get any more stock, I guess I better get used to it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You guys don't seem to understand what objective means.

The fact that it is your favorite is subjective.

The fact that a one-stick scheme is strictly worse (in terms of degree of precision and inputs available) to a 2-stick scheme is OBJECTIVE.

You literally cannot contest that claim without proving that 1-stick has some secret technique or something that 2-stick can't do.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

The fact that a one-stick scheme is strictly worse (in terms of degree of precision and inputs available) to a 2-stick scheme is OBJECTIVE.

You literally cannot contest that claim without proving that 1-stick has some secret technique or something that 2-stock can't do.
Unless you played Snake in Brawl, where using a Wii mote was actually better :awesome:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

You literally cannot contest that claim without proving that 1-stick has some secret technique or something that 2-stick can't do.
Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but the fact that he (or anyone else for that matter) has a favorite or a preferred controller scheme is objective. It's how they think and feel about the matter and there's nothing more to it than that. The actual opinions and thoughts people use to justify their conclusions, however, can be wrong, subjective, or even flawed since there is something called a wrong opinion. Having said that, I don't think anyone will argue with you about how 2-stick controls are inherently better than a 1 stick controls if the options present themselves. You can also argue that the placement of the second stick also matters but I rather not get into that.

Anyways, its always great to see love for female robin, even if sometimes its at the expense of male robin. Yesterday, I accidentally picked male Robin and nearly quit the match because I honestly thought to myself, "wait, I think I just picked the wrong character. Let me go back and change it."

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Samus confirmed Top Tier:
10421968_739145639507384_8773632192553223223_n.jpg

I wonder if Robin's Amiibo will come with two levin swords :4robinf:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Lol, maybe Robin's amiibo will have both male and female Robin at the same time. See? Ice climbers were never cut. Just reawakened. :troll:

Top Bottom