• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
I suppose with the benefit of hindsight I should have introduced myself earlier instead of posting something random. I, however, wanted to post something even remotely meaningful in the thread that brought me here in the first place. Anyways, long-time lurker here and I have witnessed how strong the bonds are here. So although I don't know how committed I will be in these forums, I hope you will welcome me in the meantime.
Hello, Cardinal. Welcome to the Social! You know, I pretty much had the same mindset going in, but my first post just ended up being my sort-of-accidentially defending a confession gif of Morgan. Well, make yourself at home, I guess. It's actually kind of awesome here.

And please, let's forget I ever mentioned Morgan gifs.:facepalm:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I know the feeling. Coliseum is immensely drab. Rather have had Arena Ferox HD or something from Fire Emblem that has vivid colours for once, like the Great Mila Tree.

That said, I do have more than just that song on. I'd say [id]Purpose would be a given for most of us. Also have The Devoted, Fight 1, and the Mystery of the Emblem Medley at low frequencies.
I have similar frequencies set although admittedly I probably listened to ID purpose ad nauseum to the point I started to get somewhat sick of it. At least some of the medley remixes are still fresh for now.

And now that I think about it, all of the fire emblem stages in smash have this dreary brown and stone motif going on. Something colorful or organic would have been a nice change of pace.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Pigtail and robe physics = SSS tier for Robin

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
both coliseum and arena ferox look like really dull stages tbh, looks, design and gimmick wise. Maybe FE will get something more interesting next time...if there's a next time.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I tried my hand at cosplaying my Robin in what took me about an hour and fifteen to finalize.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot dem glasses :p

mr dark.png

THE EEEEEVIL MISSSSTER DAAAAAAARK :3

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I have a bad feeling about Robin's prospects in 4v4. Maybe if you can counterpick Temple you can find the chance to power up your Thoron. That aside, it seems Robin is going to fare horribly. There's really no room for Robin's durability system in an environment where you always have people on you all the time.

Sounds like she could be a good 2s character, though. Especially with FF Nosferatu.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have a bad feeling about Robin's prospects in 4v4. Maybe if you can counterpick Temple you can find the chance to power up your Thoron. That aside, it seems Robin is going to fare horribly. There's really no room for Robin's durability system in an environment where you always have people on you all the time.

Sounds like she could be a good 2s character, though. Especially with FF Nosferatu.

It would seem like you'd send someone to protect Robin in 4v4 anyway, though.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Actually watching the 4v4 tournament at KTAR XI right now. But like what LIQUIDFGC said, give Robin some body guards and MAYBE give her both thoron+ and fire wall assuming customs are allowed.

Hong

The Strongest
It would seem like you'd send someone to protect Robin in 4v4 anyway, though.
Still leaves you at a momentary 3v4. Even after Robin actually gets to perform, there are plenty of character who can hit just as hard without requiring protection, and not worry about limitations on how often they can use their attacks. It's just the unfortunate consequence of being a spacing-focused character. Link sucks horribly as well, for example, since his projectiles just aren't valuable in this kind of environment. Projectile-based characters need to hit hard like Duck Hunt or Mii Gunner.

Robin is certainly more of a duelist. When she has a reasonable amount of real estate going for her, she's an amazing character for 1v1, and perhaps 2v2 as well after we feel the game out a bit more.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Still leaves you at a momentary 3v4. Even after Robin actually gets to perform, there are plenty of character who can hit just as hard without requiring protection, and not worry about limitations on how often they can use their attacks. It's just the unfortunate consequence of being a spacing-focused character. Link sucks horribly as well, for example, since his projectiles just aren't valuable unless they hit hard like Duck Hunt or Mii Gunner.

Robin is certainly more of a duelist. When she has a reasonable amount of real estate going for her, she's an amazing character for 1v1, and perhaps 2v2 as well after we feel the game out a bit more.
It think of that as a balanced drawback.

Robin has some beastly support tools; in the long term they are outclassed by Duck Hunt and Mii Gunner, but with proper support these are used for very long range damage that few can do in such an instant. Sure, you're left vulnerable, but a proper defense can remedy the issue slightly.

This is coming, ofc, from a casual who knows jack about high level play, so I can always be wrong in this debacle.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Still leaves you at a momentary 3v4. Even after Robin actually gets to perform, there are plenty of character who can hit just as hard without requiring protection, and not worry about limitations on how often they can use their attacks. It's just the unfortunate consequence of being a spacing-focused character. Link sucks horribly as well, for example, since his projectiles just aren't valuable in this kind of environment. Projectile-based characters need to hit hard like Duck Hunt or Mii Gunner.

Robin definitely can be great for 2v2 since she can play a variety of roles, especially support based ones, depending on her partner. She can even stock tank surprisingly well thanks to her floatiness and nosferateu. Trela demonstrated this when he teamed up with a Little Mac to win grand finals at DBA1 a while ago.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Robin definitely can be great for 2v2 since she can play a variety of roles, especially support based ones, depending on her partner. She can even stock tank surprisingly well thanks to her floatiness and nosferateu. Trela demonstrated this when he teamed up with a Little Mac to win grand finals at DBA1 a while ago.
Off topic, but where did you get that avatar? I need to share it with the Lucina Social Thread. We love that sort of fanart.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Off topic, but where did you get that avatar? I need to share it with the Lucina Social Thread. We love that sort of fanart.
I literally just google imaged "Smash Robin Lucina Comic" I think its from imgur?

D

Deleted member

*mind blown*
I think this has been known for quite some time. :p

Though, I think it could also be a reference to allied units with green Robin and enemy units with red Robin. Someone is going to make a joke. I know it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think this has been known for quite some time. :p

Though, I think it could also be a reference to allied units with green Robin and enemy units with red Robin. Someone is going to make a joke. I know it.
Likewise, the blue Robin may be a reference to the color Robin's map icon has when you're controlling him/her.

Also, does that mean that the red Robin is Grima?

D

Deleted member

Probably... Just the fact everyone refers to the red one as Anna threw me off.
I guess it's because of personal preference? To be fair, the red one is aesthetically similar to Anna, though I am a bit iffy on them referencing her with that alt. costume.

That would explain the sass that red Robin has against Lucina.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Likewise, the blue Robin may be a reference to the color Robin's map icon has when you're controlling him/her.

Yeah, no reason why the colors can't allude to more than one thing. People probably assume the red palette for Robin references Anna also because of the gold.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@Pikachewy99

Would love to see how you'd handle that attachment ;3

View attachment 30627

*mind blown*
Well, that's clever. Because I'm a stubborn one I'll still think it's Anna :seuss:

both coliseum and arena ferox look like really dull stages tbh, looks, design and gimmick wise. Maybe FE will get something more interesting next time...if there's a next time.
Aside from the unlikely prospect of Grima himself as a stage, what else is there to choose from?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

*mind blown*
Ah, the Cain-Abel archetype? Makes sense to me, especially with the appropriate colors on the gender alts. Although it seems to me that Robin's color alts are more likely just references to the colors of the different types of units: blue (player), red (enemy), green (allied), and yellow (neutral).

Aside from the unlikely prospect of Grima himself as a stage, what else is there to choose from?
Chapter 14? I've always wanted to see a Smash stage inspired by a maritime battle in a video game (Pirate Ship doesn't count).

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
I think it's been said before but the Mila Tree. Chapter 1 could work as well with the lava and everything. Also the Yen'fay chapter in the volcano.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
By the way wouldn't it be interesting if you guys searched "your name + the Hedgehog" on google images? Just to do something different you know :4dedede:
Here's mine:
Dan_the_Hedgehog.JPG

THE NIGHTMARE LIVES

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
This thread is definitely one of the more interesting ones out there. You can take that statement however you want.

Hong

The Strongest
You'd think being a forum dedicated to Tacticians, you'd have insightful, intellectual conversations across a chessboard with a side of tea. However, do not allow yourself to be lulled into a @ False Sense False Sense of security.

I don't know why there is so much cray around these parts, but that's just how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weeman

Smash Crusader
This thread is definitely one of the more interesting ones out there. You can take that statement however you want.
You'd think being a forum dedicated to Tacticians, you'd have insightful, intellectual conversations across a chessboard with a side of tea. However, do not allow yourself to be lulled into a @ False Sense False Sense of security.

I don't know why there is so much cray around these parts, but that's just how it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"World's most brilliant people are also the most bat**** crazy, flippity flop"
-Juan Lennon

Top Bottom