• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm so salty for not having a Wii U that i could friggin' disolve in water :4dedede:
Anyway that Elwind change is seriously good, who would have said such a little thing would have saved me from so many innecessary deaths, i think i might be recovering my love for playing Robin again :4robinf::4robinm::4shulk:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm so salty for not having a Wii U that i could friggin' disolve in water :4dedede:
Anyway that Elwind change is seriously good, who would have said such a little thing would have saved me from so many innecessary deaths, i think i might be recovering my love for playing Robin again :4robinf::4robinm::4shulk:
It serious does. i haven't got the patch yet, but I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have died because Elwind couldn't grab backwards.
Really? It's not Shulk time.

Hong

The Strongest

!

I saw this recipe and immediately wanted to recreate them, only with Robin's tomes.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I think those would be one of those types of cakes where you would feel bad for eating it since you're basicly destroying someone's artwork.
(Also the books look like they're made of marzipan. Not a big fan of marzipan myself.)

Last edited:

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08

!

I saw this recipe and immediately wanted to recreate them, only with Robin's tomes.
I would make them like poffins so that the fire tomes are spicy, the thunder tomes are sour and the wind tomes are bitter!

Or you could make them taste good I suppose.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
OH MY GOD GUYS. The Wii U version is so much better.
I can actually play Robin now! And boy, can I play.
I'm having a lot of luck with Robin to the point where's she's taken over my previous mains. I've also discovered how amazing Sonic is, but that is not relevant.

The point is, I think I have a new main for Wii U.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait, what exactly is better about Robin in the Wii U version? Can I please get a full list of the improvements?
It's not the character, it's the controls and the fact I can actually see my character without straining my eyes. I just play so much better when I actually hit the intended inputs.

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
It's not the character, it's the controls and the fact I can actually see my character without straining my eyes. I just play so much better when I actually hit the intended inputs.
It's a bit of a pain to play on the 3DS to be honest for these reasons. I can't wait to play the new version on a good GC controller.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's a bit of a pain to play on the 3DS to be honest for these reasons. I can't wait to play the new version on a good GC controller.
OH MY GOD GUYS. The Wii U version is so much better.
I can actually play Robin now! And boy, can I play.
I'm having a lot of luck with Robin to the point where's she's taken over my previous mains. I've also discovered how amazing Sonic is, but that is not relevant.

The point is, I think I have a new main for Wii U.
:sadsheep::drsad:

I'm jealous :cry:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Gonna be abroad for a few days. Won't be able to respond much. And for Gaius's sake, somebody make those cupcakes.:happysheep: And we totally have to change the thread title to something related to cape physics. Not to say we should get rid of Elwind's reverse grab...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I briefly played as Robin in the Wii U version yesterday and my suspicions were correct; he preforms better with a better controller. Granted I wasn't using a GCN controller (a Wii U Pro Controller is a good substitute for now), but he still feels much better.

But you can only bake them so many times.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
No, you can technically bake as many as...

Oh, wait. We're doing that.

:4robinm:*Ahem* Which is why I carry my ceram wrap!

Hong

The Strongest
It's so weird. Robin is more fun than the Villager is when I play on the Wii U, but I was having more fun as the Villager on the 3DS.

I guess it's because Robin, for a tactical character, is actually very execution-intensive. Villager can require very high input speeds when you play rushdown like I do, but it's still more ironically about planning than Robin, as opposed to tricky timings.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll be completely honest - I ****ing abhor how Robin controls in Sm4sh U. He feels so goddamn stiff.

I'll take 3DS controls any day.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Retreating Levin fair is pretty legit though. Thank you GC controller.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
So I got rekt by a Princes Peach... My morale = Dead.
No need to feel that way man, Peach is a solid character.

I suppose with the benefit of hindsight I should have introduced myself earlier instead of posting something random. I, however, wanted to post something even remotely meaningful in the thread that brought me here in the first place. Anyways, long-time lurker here and I have witnessed how strong the bonds are here. So although I don't know how committed I will be in these forums, I hope you will welcome me in the meantime.

Also, Sonic Storm, I too feel Robin is a bit stiff in the Wii U version so I'm glad it's not just me. Granted, I still rather play her on the Wii U then the 3DS but still.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

I suppose with the benefit of hindsight I should have introduced myself earlier instead of posting something random. I, however, wanted to post something even remotely meaningful in the thread that brought me here in the first place. Anyways, long-time lurker here and I have witnessed how strong the bonds are here. So although I don't know how committed I will be in these forums, I hope you will welcome me in the meantime.

Also, Sonic Storm, I too feel Robin is a bit stiff in the Wii U version so I'm glad it's not just me. Granted, I still rather play her on the Wii U then the 3DS but still.
Nice to meet you! We welcome you with open arms, fellow tactician/comrade! :4robinm:
Even if you're not very active on this thread, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!
And posting something meaningful doesn't need to be a concern here- if you've been lurking, you've probably seen the Sonic OC disaster that happened a few days back. :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan, ain't it suddenly unactibr in gere.

Welcome to our humble abode! Have some butter beer. :4robinm:

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'll be completely honest - I ****ing abhor how Robin controls in Sm4sh U. He feels so goddamn stiff.

I'll take 3DS controls any day.

WELCOME!

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

hai.

We're all insane noice folk around here :3

Hong

The Strongest
The more I hear the Meeting Theme Medley track, the more I love it. Especially the Sacred Stones part.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
That track is honestly the only reason I play on the coliseum stage at all. The stage is kind of boring otherwise imo.

Hong

The Strongest
That track is honestly the only reason I play on the coliseum stage at all. The stage is kind of boring otherwise imo.
I know the feeling. Coliseum is immensely drab. Rather have had Arena Ferox HD or something from Fire Emblem that has vivid colours for once, like the Great Mila Tree.

That said, I do have more than just that song on. I'd say [id]Purpose would be a given for most of us. Also have The Devoted, Fight 1, and the Mystery of the Emblem Medley at low frequencies.

Top Bottom