• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm frankly exhausted from pokemon after X, hence why I can't really get excited over ORAS (although if I knew it was coming, I'd have held off from X to play that instead).

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ladies and gentlemen, the main event we've all been waiting for is almost upon us! As such, I think now is an appropriate time to exchange NNID's with one another. Your all more than welcome to add me, just keep in mind I'm sub-part when it comes to this game so I may not give you the challenge your looking for. That being said, I will add as many of you as I can in the hopes that you accept my friend request. It's been an amazing few months getting to know some of you and mingle with many of you. I look forward to SETTLING IT IN SMASH with as many of you as possible, perhaps even tonight! X3

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I think he still can be improved, but maybe I'm just cray.
Nah, he could. PoR and RD are proof of that.
However, if he was THAT good, he'd be be boss you get instead of Master Fortress for 10.0 Intenstiy.

Ladies and gentlemen, the main event we've all been waiting for is almost upon us! As such, I think now is an appropriate time to exchange NNID's with one another. Your all more than welcome to add me, just keep in mind I'm sub-part when it comes to this game so I may not give you the challenge your looking for. That being said, I will add as many of you as I can in the hopes that you accept my friend request. It's been an amazing few months getting to know some of you and mingle with many of you. I look forward to SETTLING IT IN SMASH with as many of you as possible, perhaps even tonight! X3
What are you talking about, Smash is still a week away!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
However, if he was THAT good, he'd be be boss you get instead of Master Fortress for 10.0 Intenstiy.

What are you talking about, Smash is still a week away!
YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME!!!

D

Deleted member

I am only getting Smash 4 Wii U and I will get Pokemon Omega Ruby later. (well, I HOPE I get Smash 4... I don't want the game to be sold out before I get there :()

I don't know why, but I am not as excited for Pokemon Omega Ruby as I thought I would be. I think it's probably because I am playing in a region that I have already played in.

Hong

The Strongest
D r a k
n i s

I thought PM did a good job of making Ike feel like Ike without being horribly broken, since he can kind of move fast but still has limitations.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm game, but I might only add ya all after I get my SSB4 U. (-l3l-);

On the other hand, I'm waiting for something awesome next week on top of getting ORAS.

awangii

Smash Rookie
Maybe someone like me doesn't have a Wii U and would be willing to play some games now and then after the wii u release? I can hope...

M@v

Subarashii!
So I was never really a Ness or Lucas user in the past...do we count Jv3s as Jv3s if we had to use Nosferatu to get back to 0% damage? :p

Hong

The Strongest
Not sure how many people on the Robin forums care, but do you think we'll be able to do 3 stocks at 8 mintues for the Wii U version as the standard form of play? Currently the 2 stock matches on the Wii U version are ending sooooooo fast sometimes. D:
So I was never really a Ness or Lucas user in the past...do we count Jv3s as Jv3s if we had to use Nosferatu to get back to 0% damage? :p
So far I've only seen it considered a legit JV. Got a disrespectful JV 2 against Mario as Ness in 64 that way at some point. There just seems to be a bias in favour of counting something as a JV, such as self-damage (bubble damage, Pichu's thunder attacks, etc.) being disregarded.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I don't have a wiiU, but I'd love to add you on my 3ds! :D
And anyone else can add me too- just make sure you tell me so I can add you back. :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not sure how many people on the Robin forums care, but do you think we'll be able to do 3 stocks at 8 mintues for the Wii U version as the standard form of play? Currently the 2 stock matches on the Wii U version are ending sooooooo fast sometimes. D:
Oh, I definitely think we could go 3 stock 8 minutes, especially if DI is back and vectoring is out. I mean, seeing how quick matches go with 2 stocks, it just seems to fast. Also, every time I versus CPUs, I can 80% bet the CPU about the 6:30 to 5:30 mark, the longest I normal go to is 4 minute mark. Seriously, i reckon in my own opinion, I am getting very good at gimping and combo (particular with :4tlink:&:4robinm:) and know how much more skilled professional players are than me, I can see it definitively working.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not sure how many people on the Robin forums care, but do you think we'll be able to do 3 stocks at 8 mintues for the Wii U version as the standard form of play? Currently the 2 stock matches on the Wii U version are ending sooooooo fast sometimes. D:So far I've only seen it considered a legit JV. Got a disrespectful JV 2 against Mario as Ness in 64 that way at some point. There just seems to be a bias in favour of counting something as a JV, such as self-damage (bubble damage, Pichu's thunder attacks, etc.) being disregarded.
I planned on running 3 stocks 8 minutes even before people started getting their hands on the wii u verison.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I thought PM did a good job of making Ike feel like Ike without being horribly broken, since he can kind of move fast but still has limitations.
And making Toon Link unique while still having him a clone.

And anyone else can add me too- just make sure you tell me so I can add you back. :p
I would, but I don't have wifi :urg:.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
And making Toon Link unique while still having him a clone.

I would, but I don't have wifi :urg:.
Aww, that's unfortunate. :(

Also, before I take off to go to the dentist,
@Lizardon, I choose you!
Because lol surprises

Robins in their all their MLG glory swag.
Sponsored by Walhart, respectively.
what have I done

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oklahoma's Smash 4 scene's been going with 3 stock 8 minutes ever since the 3DS one came out.

...All seven of us. :/

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

@Lizardon, I choose you!
Because lol surprises

what have I done
THAT'S SOME SWAG :shades:.

You guys were discussing Project M...
Am I the only one who believes certain features were handled much better in Project M than Smash 4?
Yes. Yes you are. :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm trying to learn how to elwin meteor smash properly.
Yeah, it's hard. i mostly forget about it and then accidentally spike an opponent when the are trying to edgeguard me

Also

:4robinm: doesn't sound phoned in anymore on the Wii u version. Yay :laugh:. Though his voice seem deeper than it was in awakening :ohwell:.

About 3:18 mark

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, it's hard. i mostly forget about it and then accidentally spike an opponent when the are trying to edgeguard me

Also

:4robinm: doesn't sound phoned in anymore on the Wii u version. Yay :laugh:. Though his voice seem deeper than it was in awakening :ohwell:.

OH MY GOD THAT ROBE ANIMATION

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

@Lizardon, I choose you!
Because lol surprises

what have I done
That's...amazing. I'm speechless.

It's time the scales were tipped...

IN HDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

M@v

Subarashii!
So Im sitting here at work like "10pm (end of my shift) why u no here yet?" so I can bolt out of here, pick up a friend, and go to the midnight release T_T

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Also

The koopalings bouncing is too cute

Hong

The Strongest
My office has an "on-site project" schedule for tomorrow, and the people who just so happen to play Smash are the ones listed in attendance.

Hmm. :4dedede:

D

Deleted member

My office has an "on-site project" schedule for tomorrow, and the people who just so happen to play Smash are the ones listed in attendance.

Hmm. :4dedede:
Your office either hates people who play Smash or they are having Smash people attend this project as an excuse to settle it in Smash.

So Im sitting here at work like "10pm (end of my shift) why u no here yet?" so I can bolt out of here, pick up a friend, and go to the midnight release T_T
Basically me all day today and tomorrow in my class in college.
Waiting can be so painful when you are so close...

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
After being pelted about by lots of good players in FG, this sounds very encouraging.

You guys go enjoy SSB4 U while I'll still wait until December. ORAS at least can keep me nice company.
Join the club. I've been waiting much longer for a return to Hoenn than a new SSB, especially since I have at least the 3DS version to feed my SSB urges until then.
So guys, talking about smash bros... How about dem amiibos?
I plan on getting Shulk for me (and hopefully Mario), and get the Cap. Falcon one for a friend.
Though, I also want the Meta Knight one cuz it looks really good... Choices... What about you all?
I might get Pikachu to commemorate my original main, but the rest are up in the air (unless we get :4robinf: or a :4robinm:/:4robinf: combo one).

Oh my god, Smash and ORAS in one day may infact overwhelm my body.
Well, that didn't disappoint. Wally deserves it after being barely there in the originals.
Same here. I love Pokemon, but there's just too much coming out in November. I wanna really sink my teeth into Smash U for a while before I get distracted with ORAS or Persona Q...
I'm the opposite, though mainly because I already have a 3DS and not a Wii U.

See, now that sounds like a Smash song.
Now I'm sad that the true Battle Frontier doesn't seem to have returned... At least the Maison hopefully will be more fun than in X and Y. It's okay, but the Super rounds killed it for me for now.
I'm frankly exhausted from pokemon after X, hence why I can't really get excited over ORAS (although if I knew it was coming, I'd have held off from X to play that instead).
I actually was Pokémon-d out after B2/W2. I thought maybe it was time to move on from the franchise, but X and Y brought me back likely for good at this point. I've poured more hours into X than most of the other games, but since I haven't touched it in a while between SSB and the :4robinf: Show Guest Starring
taking up my attention.
Yes, he is amazing. Seriously, his doing this drawing of me and @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu at the moment. It's amazing :happysheep:

He is indeed awesome. I wish I had more time to draw some art. I'm a bit preoccupied right now. I still have an unfinished drawing of Morgan and Cynthia to finish, among others.

And I forgot to mention I love the green used in my tactician's hair so much.
I am only getting Smash 4 Wii U and I will get Pokemon Omega Ruby later. (well, I HOPE I get Smash 4... I don't want the game to be sold out before I get there :()

I don't know why, but I am not as excited for Pokemon Omega Ruby as I thought I would be. I think it's probably because I am playing in a region that I have already played in.
I'm normally not as hyped for remakes for that reason, or even the obligatory third installments, but Hoenn is my baby.

Oddly enough, I wasn't too hyped for X and Y, which is probably why I thoroughly enjoyed them and everyone else's major complaints were only minor for me. It also made me less of a Grinch on Pokémon moving away from 2D and into 3D art.

@Lizardon, I choose you!
Because lol surprises

what have I done
That is fantastic. This should be out banner or something.
Apart from alt costumes, yes.
I've never played Project M, but I will admit the amazing alts (and Fountain of Dreams returning) are VERY tempting.

Also

My girl's robe in HD... I really need a Wii U. Badly.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Excellent! I shall add you to my 3DS friend list. When you do happen to get a Wii U, message me or just send a friend request and i'll gladly add you on there as well. ^_^

@Lizardon, I choose you!
Because lol surprises

what have I done
The swag is real! :denzel: But seriously, your very talented at drawing. I may call upon your services one day. ^w^

Dat HD robe animation is beautiful! :happysheep: Only 4 more hours until I can experience it for my own eyes on my 55" HDTV! :kirby:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, my game's coming in tomorrow. The only thing I'm worried about is my Wii U; its supposedly arriving tomorrow but its currently in Virginia and I'm in Wisconsin. :p

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
;- ; oh no, I'll never see everyone again!(unless I get it faster than 2 years...)

EDIT: *check signature*

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
;- ; oh no, I'll never see everyone again!(unless I get it faster than 2 years...)
Nah, I'll be back tomorrow whenever I take a break. I don't have nearly the same endurance as I use to when it comes to binging on video games. And I'm sure many others will be chatting it up tomorrow as well, so don't you worry! ^_^

Top Bottom