• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
But seriously, I prefer this guy as our next potential newcomer @ shrooby shrooby . I mean, what's not to love about him?

Funny, this is how it feels like some of the Hype 3 fans treated those characters (not the individual Mewtwo/Ridley/K. Rool fans, but the ones that lumped them together and acted like they were the only ones who mattered).

This theme plays during Black Friday at Walmart, right?

Yes. This.

King K. Ridleytwo
He needs to try harder, then he will get in. :troll:
Imagining a Black Friday set to this made me cry with laughter more than it should have.

On the mouse topic- I use a mouse too. I don't have a tablet. I can't draw with it, but I can edit things. It took a lot of practice, though.

Almost done with Pranked edition avatar. Just need the perfect hat for green-haired Chrom-married Robin (I found the best for the other two already).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The :4lucina: bias is strong with you, I see. Don't you think she was a brilliant choice as well? Why do you not like her inclusion? :4dedede:
I do in fact think she deserved to be in, but was Lucina a literal clone of Marth in the game she debuted in? Was she simply just Marth himself, crossdressing as a woman? No. She was her own unique, distinct character in the storyline, not an alternate incarnation of an existing fighter.

That is what makes :4drmario: and :4darkpit: such brilliant inclusions. Sakurai knew how popular and iconic :4mario: and :4pit: were with the fanbase, and so he decided to double the fun by adding in two alternate versions of them. Only he knows how to please the fans.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I do in fact think she deserved to be in, but was Lucina a literal clone of Marth in the game she debuted in? Was she simply just Marth himself, crossdressing as a woman? No. She was her own unique, distinct character in the storyline, not an alternate incarnation of an existing fighter.

That is what makes :4drmario: and :4darkpit: such brilliant inclusions. Sakurai knew how popular and iconic :4mario: and :4pit: were with the fanbase, and so he decided to double the fun by adding in two alternate versions of them. Only he knows how to please the fans.
No, :4drmario:was a terrible choice, and you know it.
Why effectively bring back Mario's old Melee moveset when it had been changed for the better?

Shaymikyu

I think I need hats on two of the Robins so you can actually tell what they are. I assumed the text would be big enough...

Chrom-run Robin needs to keep the Burger King crown, though.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well after spending hours in Gimp, I think I'm ready to share my prototype of my avatar reflection

I want to change the color of the markings along with the inside of the coat, but I think that will have to wait for another day until I can get better with Gimp.

Shaymikyu

Well after spending hours in Gimp, I think I'm ready to share my prototype of my avatar reflection

I want to change the color of the markings along with the inside of the coat, but I think that will have to wait for another day until I can get better with Gimp.
Looks good so far!

I don't think I've gotten to the point where I can specifically color the markings on the coat yet. Even just tinting the whole coat took me a while to do properly.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

Nice! Looks like everyone's getting on the avatar train. I might as well hop on the bandwagon as well and use mine. :p
Maybe one day I'll add freckles/scars/something and modify the clothes, but for now I'm happy with the mostly default look.

Edit: Whoops, did not mean to quote you there LIQUIDFGC, sorry!

Edit 2: I am available to fight! It's time to tip the scales! Or rather, get the scales tipped on me. :seuss:

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The :4lucina: bias is strong with you, I see. Don't you think she was a brilliant choice as well? Why do you not like her inclusion? :4dedede:
In my case it's because I'm so used to Marth's tip that Lucina throws me off.

Also I use Shulk if I want to change the future. The future is ours to decide!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
In my case it's because I'm so used to Marth's tip that Lucina throws me off.

Also I use Shulk if I want to change the fyutcha. The fyutcha is ours to decide!
Fixed that for you.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Hmmmm, you have a point there. I mean my sig says so, therefore it must be true. But I'm so fond of my avatar that I have right now! Must I part with it? :c
Pff you don't have to, of course.
Meanwhile, I'm getting beaten up in for glory. Going there was a bad mistake.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Pff you don't have to, of course.
Meanwhile, I'm getting beaten up in for glory. Going there was a bad mistake.
I know I don't, I was merely exaggerating. :seuss:

Sounds like what happened to me earlier today in the For Glory lobby. It's a place of no mercy and much spamming. :awesome:

Shaymikyu

Hmmmm, you have a point there. I mean my sig says so, therefore it must be true. But I'm so fond of my avatar that I have right now! Must I part with it? :c
Well, you technically have the Avatar in your avatar, so close enough.:4robinm:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I know I don't, I was merely exaggerating. :seuss:

Sounds like what happened to me earlier today in the For Glory lobby. It's a place of no mercy and much spamming. :awesome:
I'm just waiting for my friend to finish up his game of cards against humanity so I can fight him. Though, he'd beat me up too.
But I'd be okay with that, because fighting him helps me think about what I should do to get better.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm just waiting for my friend to finish up his game of cards against humanity so I can fight him. Though, he'd beat me up too.
But I'd be okay with that, because fighting him helps me think about what I should do to get better.
A wise tactician learns from his or her defeats. With perseverance, you will outshine your friend soon enough.

Shaymikyu

Pokémon 3DS themes were finally announced!

...For Europe.

Don't worry, I'm sure me and my fellow Americans will get 5000 more Mario themes.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Aaand I found campers.
I really need to gain patience because otherwise these guys wreck me. Hard. I don't know what to do against link especially. D:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to get an Avatar avatar, but I have no idea how to use Photoshop. *sigh.* I'll work something out.

Hong

The Strongest
Still waiting on a Fire Emblem theme. Personally, Robin's colours go great together and I would love to decorate my 3DS like that, especially with a mark of Grima backdrop. Would also take a Lucina theme with the mark of Naga.

Top Bottom