• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Still waiting on a Fire Emblem theme. Personally, Robin's colours go great together and I would love to decorate my 3DS like that, especially with a mark of Grima backdrop. Would also take a Lucina theme with the mark of Naga.
I'd get a mark of Grima one in a heartbeat, especially if it played one of Robin's themes with it. Id (Purpose) seems obvious, but I could see Id (Serenity) or the other Id whose name escapes me that plays when future Grima Robin first lowers her hood in the chapter where Lucina reveals herself to be Chrom's daughter.

Right now, I have a cheaper cat one. It's Halloweenish, but cute enough that I can overlook that. I have a thing for black cats. If America gets any of the Pokémon ones, I'll switch to that since I still have enough left over for even the pricier eShop things.

I get that he's Nintendo's bread and butter, but it kind of annoys me that we have a ton of Mario themes and barely anything else outside of patterns. The AC ones are cute, but not enough for me to get. The Zelda one is awesome, but I've never played Link Between Worlds, so I'd feel odd getting it right now.
Thank you. Finally someone gets the reference!

And @ Kenith Kenith , I like everything!:joyful:
Calvin and Hobbes is awesome, as is Pokémon.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Pokémon 3DS themes were finally announced!

...For Europe.

Don't worry, I'm sure me and my fellow Americans will get 5000 more Mario themes.
For 2 seconds there, I was very happy.............until I read the second line. :crying: Gotta love those 5000 Mario themes though. :seuss:

I jumped on the Avatar avatar train but with a twist.
Your such a rebel! :4darkpit:

Aaand I found campers.
I really need to gain patience because otherwise these guys wreck me. Hard. I don't know what to do against link especially. D:
Patience, my friend, patience. Get in close so Link can't spam you and use your own spacing tools to your advantage.

I'll try to get an Avatar avatar, but I have no idea how to use Photoshop. *sigh.* I'll work something out.
There's no need to be like everyone else. Your avatar is fantastic just the way it is. :)

Still waiting on a Fire Emblem theme. Personally, Robin's colours go great together and I would love to decorate my 3DS like that, especially with a mark of Grima backdrop. Would also take a Lucina theme with the mark of Naga.
Likewise. I currently am using one of the generic black themes that comes pre-installed with the update, at least until I get me some sweet, sweet Awakening themes. I hope it comes sooner rather than later because my 3DS needs some personal flair to it.

There are two people who frequently like posts in this thread just because.
WHICH LIKES ARE REAL
I like to like my fellow tacticians posts, for the most part. :awesome: That and there's rarely anything I don't like content wise in this thread.

I love you people so much! :cry:

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Well, I the spammer got cocky and started taunting, then started losing because I started reading them and applying pressure, huzzah! Now that's what I call progress!

Now to conquer the enemy I call mario... *shiver*

Shaymikyu

For 2 seconds there, I was very happy.............until I read the second line. :crying: Gotta love those 5000 Mario themes though. :seuss:
I don't get why they're waiting so long on Pokémon. It's their second most lucrative franchise (which is a feat, considering how much newer it is than Mario), and a new installment that has been hyped so much I'm pretty sure even non-Pokémon fans have heard the phrase "Hoenn confirmed" at one point is out at the end of the week. Isn't that the perfect time to release themes for it? Or include some as a preorder bonus? I guess 200 Potions is a much better bonus.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Well, I the spammer got cocky and started taunting, then started losing because I started reading them and applying pressure, huzzah! Now that's what I call progress!

Now to conquer the enemy I call mario... *shiver*
Overconfident, you were.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There are two people who frequently like posts in this thread just because.
WHICH LIKES ARE REAL
Reality is only an illusion, if reality were real there would be no point in enjoying it. In normal words, my likes are always real.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I don't get why they're waiting so long on Pokémon. It's their second most lucrative franchise (which is a feat, considering how much newer it is than Mario), and a new installment that has been hyped so much I'm pretty sure even non-Pokémon fans have heard the phrase "Hoenn confirmed" at one point is out at the end of the week. Isn't that the perfect time to release themes for it? Or include some as a preorder bonus? I guess 200 Potions is a much better bonus.
Nintendo works in mysterious ways, or at least that's what I tell myself to be content with how they do things. :seuss:

For all we know, they could release the themes the day of, along with the Smash Bros. themes we've yet to get here in North America. But seriously, who needs 200 potions going into a Pokemon game!? You must be an insanely bad player if you need that many potions right off the bat, and all the Pokemon games are rather generous when it comes to giving you potions or healing items in the first place. Nintendo, you confuzzle me sometimes. :awesome:

Shaymikyu

Nintendo works in mysterious ways, or at least that's what I tell myself to be content with how they do things. :seuss:

For all we know, they could release the themes the day of, along with the Smash Bros. themes we've yet to get here in North America. But seriously, who needs 200 potions going into a Pokemon game!? You must be an insanely bad player if you need that many potions right off the bat, and all the Pokemon games are rather generous when it comes to giving you potions or healing items in the first place. Nintendo, you confuzzle me sometimes. :awesome:
Oh yeah, we don't have the SSB theme either! True, I'm sure they're planned, but it's still odd.

And yeah, I don't think people even use Potions after the first couple of gyms, especially if they're as generous with Pokémon currency as they were in X/Y this time.

Hong

The Strongest
Okay, seriously.

I am not making this up.

But Firefox kept reloading this web form and wouldn't stop reuploading something I already had on there. D:

And now my imgur...

oh no

Shaymikyu

Okay, seriously.

I am not making this up.

But Firefox kept reloading this web form and wouldn't stop reuploading something I already had on there. D:

And now my imgur...

oh no

That's what happens when you let Donkey Kong into your Imgur.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Okay, seriously.

I am not making this up.

And now my imgur...

oh no
"Feature length" Donkey Dong?

Hong, is there something you're hiding from us? :O

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
"Feature length" Donkey Dong?

Hong, is there something you're hiding from us? :O
I was going to respond to the earlier comments on Donkey Kong's features, but decided not to as not to be a bad influence. :104:

And now my imgur is flooded with
. They kept coming even after that screenshot. T~T

Shaymikyu

So after Googling what that face meant, I have come to the conclusion that your Imgur is either a troll or has a fatal case of sarcasm.

Hong

The Strongest
Hong

Let H = d

>dong

>Conspiracy

Please. Westerners have exhausted the Dong thing to death ages ago.:107:

I used to go by "Hong Love" on the Internet, but people changed it to "Dong Love" and that was it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Please. Westerners have exhausted the Dong thing to death ages ago.:107:

I used to go by "Hong Love" on the Internet, but people changed it to "Dong Love" and that was it.
I take it back, then.
My bad jokes must be original. :4dedede:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thank you. Finally someone gets the reference!

And @ Kenith Kenith , I like everything!:joyful:
I knew the reference, I just didn't say anything. Still cute though.

Patience, my friend, patience. Get in close so Link can't spam you and use your own spacing tools to your advantage.
Which is why we carry of Master Swords!

I sleep for a few hours and damn near everyone has a Robin avatar.

what have I begun ;3;
Yeah, I have been think about change my avatar back and moving my current one to my sig because of how cliche it has gotten, but with all the effort @[ & ] put into it, that makes me feel like a jerk. Arg. I wish my avatar had a link hat on, that would probable solve all my problems.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wonder why so many mode previews feature Fire Emblem...
For Glory 1v1 has Lucina and Shulk, this has all of them, I'm pretty sure one mode as Mario and Luigi vs. Marth and Ike...

I mean, it's great, but bizarrely specific.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
oh there is some Fire Emblem themes, all what you need to do is press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A on your 3DS while on the themes shop, then the screen will flash all of the rainbow colors, while this happens, kneel down in front of your closest washing machine while holding the 3DS up, a truck should pop out of the screen and move, revealing the FE themes!
Okay, seriously.

I am not making this up.

And now my imgur...

oh no
oh yes

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I just downloaded the new update for Smash 3DS and Robin can't gain another jump by fully charging Thunder anymore :c

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That was known, I posted that when I played the Wii U build last week.

I haven't found any other changes thus far. Damage values are all the same.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's too bad Nintendo doesn't release patch notes on what the updates do specifically, it would be really beneficial.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
So I just downloaded the new update for Smash 3DS and Robin can't gain another jump by fully charging Thunder anymore :c
Oh. Dang. I kind of banked on that to charge Thoron when someone was controlling the stage. That's alright though, I didn't rely on it too much. Now if Nintendo would fix the infinite ZSS has on Robin...

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Dang. I kind of banked on that to charge Thoron when someone was controlling the stage. That's alright though, I didn't rely on it too much. Now if Nintendo would fix the infinite ZSS has on Robin...
I'm pretty sure that the infinite has been patched for a while now.:4darkpit:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
You know, I never found that tactic very useful in the first place. I'm sure others were able to use it effectively, but I found the normal recovery move to more than suffice 9 times out of 10. Still interesting that they patched that exploit though.

I wonder why so many mode previews feature Fire Emblem...
For Glory 1v1 has Lucina and Shulk, this has all of them, I'm pretty sure one mode as Mario and Luigi vs. Marth and Ike...

I mean, it's great, but bizarrely specific.
It's probably because Sakurai completed Fire Emblem: Awakening so his respect for the series grew ten fold, hence the inclusion of two newcomers, two stages, TONS of music, and of course, the references in the menus, among other things. I absolutely love the attention that the Fire Emblem series is getting. It's about time! :awesome:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fire Emblem's the Nintendo franchise with the 5th largest game catalog. It'd be nice if that meant anything as far presentation and marketing, but being a second party IP and all it can't. Ah well.

Shaymikyu

I knew the reference, I just didn't say anything. Still cute though.

Which is why we carry of Master Swords!

Yeah, I have been think about change my avatar back and moving my current one to my sig because of how cliche it has gotten, but with all the effort @[ & ] put into it, that makes me feel like a jerk. Arg. I wish my avatar had a link hat on, that would probable solve all my problems.
I'm so mainstream I go all the way around back to being cool before it was cool.

In all seriousness, I'm probably not changing the avatar anytime soon (aside from ditching the hats for Santa hats after next week) because it took me hours to figure out how to edit the coats and I don't want that to go to waste.

Together We Clobber.
Missing best Robin, but still awesome.

Together We RBI
Id (Pitcher)
With Mickey Mantle's Divine Protection

I come from a family of baseball nerds (except myself), so I could do this all day.
oh there is some Fire Emblem themes, all what you need to do is press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A on your 3DS while on the themes shop, then the screen will flash all of the rainbow colors, while this happens, kneel down in front of your closest washing machine while holding the 3DS up, a truck should pop out of the screen and move, revealing the FE themes!

oh yes
I did that, and it just gave me 10000 more Mario themes! I must have hit a wrong button.
It's too bad Nintendo doesn't release patch notes on what the updates do specifically, it would be really beneficial.
Seriously, isn't that common sense? Phone apps do that.

Top Bottom