• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Mario does deserve seven reps. Pokemon has to have six though. No more, no less.
I honestly would have a rep for each gen in a perfect world, but I understand that first is the most important.
Except KI inspires a lot of mechanics in Sm4sh that it is impossible to ignore.
I know, I was just kidding. I didn't make that picture anyway.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't care about numbers, I care about substance. Hence why while everyone complains about absolutely nothing, I'm having fun actually playing the game.

Aso sorry about that random as hell Robin nerf hammer.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't care about numbers, I care about substance. Hence why while everyone complains about absolutely nothing, I'm having fun actually playing the game.

Aso sorry about that random as hell Robin nerf hammer.
How did Robin get nerfed?

Hong

The Strongest
If the Fire Emblem troupe formed a rap group, they'd be called "Together We Rhyme".:4dedede:
Weren't you complaining about their decision for a DLC character before you have even seen the actual product in action?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To the extent of my knowledge, only the triple jump exploit got patched and Thoron's damage lowered.

Of course, since I know nothing yet I could be wrong.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Plot twist! Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favourite games of all time so I rather enjoy the bias it's getting. :p
Plot twist! Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favorite games of all time, but I don't rather enjoy the bias it's getting. :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
To the extent of my knowledge, only the triple jump exploit got patched and Thoron's damage lowered.

Of course, since I know nothing yet I could be wrong.
I think it was confirmed that Thoron does the same damage as before.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pretty sure a crappy loser character no one used and wanted gone is not exactly a quality investment.
Yes, the most wanted character worldwide wasn't wanted. :rolleyes:

You really shouldn't complain as much and just enjoy the game. ;)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pretty sure a crappy loser character no one used and wanted gone is not exactly a quality investment.
Oh my lord someone who knows that the exact number of people using Mewtwo is a big fat zero without accounting for millions of players who owned Melee, both casual and competitive oh Jesus best person to rely on for accurate and flawless claims such as this oh my.

:4dedede:

Hong

The Strongest
Now, I'm not a Pokemon fan or anything. At most I'll admit I played Red a lot. I remembered all 151 Pokemon at that time. They lost me immediately starting from Gold and Silver, and I have been entirely estranged from the series after that.

But Mewtwo was legitimately my dig in Melee. If I never became a competitive player, I would have enjoyed his distinct play style and specials for as long as I had played that game. But, like M2K and a lot of others, it is painfully clear that Mewtwo is statistically horrible and his side-B wonky at best,

One has to realize that statistical fault is not always a conceptual fault. The concept behind how Mewtwo fought was great, and stands out today, even two games later. Just needs better numbers and better coding on Confusion.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Now, I'm not a Pokemon fan or anything. At most I'll admit I played Red a lot. I remembered all 151 Pokemon at that time. They lost me immediately starting from Gold and Silver, and I have been entirely estranged from the series after that.

But Mewtwo was legitimately my dig in Melee. If I never became a competitive player, I would have enjoyed his distinct play style and specials for as long as I had played that game. But, like M2K and a lot of others, it is painfully clear that Mewtwo is statistically horrible and his side-B wonky at best,

One has to realize that statistical fault is not always a conceptual fault. The concept behind how Mewtwo fought was great, and stands out today, even two games later. Just needs better numbers and better coding on Confusion.
See: Project M

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Plot twist! Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favorite games of all time, but I don't rather enjoy the bias it's getting. :p
Fair enough. To each they're own of course and I understand why you would feel that way. ^_^

god forbid people play as anyone that's not high tier or competitive viable in their fighting games :086:
Indeed! Such a way of playing is unheard of in fighting games. Why play as characters you enjoy from they're respective franchises when you can only play a select few characters that are considered high tier or competitively viable? I mean, that sounds like SO much fun! :rolleyes:

Let me join you! :awesome:

You know, even though I never played that as Mewtwo that much in Melee, I'm still VERY happy he's back, especially for those who really wanted him to strike back, and I know there are many who did. The more, the merrier I say. :)

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Judging who should be kept in the game based on their combat performance is a pretty terrible reason either way, why were Zelda and Game & Watch kept in Brawl? Why were Snake and Wolf cut, but Mario and Ganondorf kept?
Besides, isn't there something called "balance" for a reason? I'm pretty sure they could make changes from one game to another to make the weaker characters suck less. This is not considering that a character being high tier doesn't mean you are comfortable using him/her, I dread playing as Fox in any game for example :071:
Anywho, glad to hear Robin's Thoron wasn't nerfed in terms of power

Hong

The Strongest

Smash still doesn't have something like a grappler, right?
Bowser in Smash 4 is the closest we've gotten to a grappler.

Ten hits on Bowser is basically one hit by Bowser on you. Like the traditional grappler matchup, can spend like literally most of the match just trying to get in, but as soon as he does you get blown up. They made him "faster", sure, but he's still a turtle compared to actual fast characters. Flying Slam is the closest thing we'll ever have to the SPD, and it hits just as hard, at 18% and KOing at ridiciulously early % for Smash 4's standards.

In addition, Whirling Fortress has basically been the closest thing to a Lariat, even since Melee, even more so than DK's counterpart. Not invincible to projectiles for the whole thing, but basically beats anything the exact moment it comes out.

Hong

The Strongest
What about cooking?

"Together We Thyme?"

(Speaking of cooking, I've been seen a recipe for Butter Beer and it seems delish...)
But first they need some money for their new career, so they took up street entertainment.

"Together We Mime".

But solicitation is forbidden on the streets, and now the police are coming!

"Together We Hide"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But first they need some money for their new career, so they took up street entertainment.

"Together We Mime".

But solicitation is forbidden on the streets, and now the police are coming!

"Together We Hide"
Regardless, they stay together, no matter what happens.

"Together We Reside."

:seuss:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I hate to break this amazing "Together we ____" chain, but I have something to show you all.

Mini Robin's vs. A GIANT R.O.B.

Fast forward to 5:35 to see the match. ^w^

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Tiny Robin snatching someone with Nosferatu is hilarious for some reason.

Also, the voice of the trainer on that stage.

Top Bottom