• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I wish there somewhat more remixed songs...
Seriously. They didn't even bother to give us the obligatory remixed Pokémon main theme this time and recycled Brawl's. Brawl had decent music, but it feels like they're leaning on it pretty heavily, like how the 3DS one leaned heavily on it for stages.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm glad it wasn't another rock remix. Honestly, those are starting to just blend together for me. Another reason why I loved the N's Castle Medley- yeah, okay, it was sort of rockish, but had more going on. Honestly, my only big disappointment is how many songs were just the originals untouched (X and Y, Awakening, etc.) or ripped from Brawl. And the Route 10 music might rival the N's Castle Medley as one of my favorites for Pokémon this time.

It's gorgeous! Granted, I still like the Magicant song better, but that's a high bar it set. It fits EarthBound so well, though. I still miss Lucas, but I'm glad Mother was still given pretty good treatment for a tiny series.
I know how you feel. I love me some rock music, but I also have a classical side to me that needs to be sated. X3

Hmmmm, I'm with you on being disappointed about how many songs are just originals untouched, to some degree. Obviously remixes can enhance a piece of music into something more fitting or perhaps eclipse the original, but in my personal opinion, I'm glad some of these songs didn't get remixed as I'm rather fond of the originals. That's not to say I wouldn't mind hearing a remixed version of "Id~Purpose" for example, but I think the original does enough justice. Perhaps I'm just easy to please, making it easy for me to accept that there's more originals than remixes this time around. Haha, Route 10 has certainly had a similar effect on me as well. ^_^

Fair enough. Honestly, I have a hard time deciding what piece of music I like more, the Magicant remix or the Onett remix. Both are equally divine so it's difficult for me to say. Guess that's not a bad thing though. :p

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I know how you feel. I love me some rock music, but I also have a classical side to me that needs to be sated. X3

Hmmmm, I'm with you on being disappointed about how many songs are just originals untouched, to some degree. Obviously remixes can enhance a piece of music into something more fitting or perhaps eclipse the original, but in my personal opinion, I'm glad some of these songs didn't get remixed as I'm rather fond of the originals. That's not to say I wouldn't mind hearing a remixed version of "Id~Purpose" for example, but I think the original does enough justice. Haha, Route 10 has certainly had a similar effect for me as well. ^_^

Fair enough. Honestly, I have a hard time deciding what piece of music I like more. The Magicant remix or the Onett remix. Both are equally divine so it's difficult for me to say. Guess that's not a bad thing though. :p
I generally prefer classical (and Cynthia's theme lent itself to that wonderfully), though I don't mind rock as well.

I see what you mean. Sometimes, remixes are nowhere near the original. Still, couldn't Lumiose have been remixed? Or really, most of the X and Y songs they added (except Team Flare and Vs. Trainer, which were remixed)? If/when I get the Wii U version, I'll probably make Route 10 one of the highest in chances of playing.

They're both really good! I'm just a sucker for the Eight Melodies remix in the Magicant theme. It reminds me of this:

Plus, the Magicant part of the song is just so... Ethereal, I guess, for lack of a better word. Onett is so upbeat and cheery, though, and Snowman is gorgeous, so that medley works as well.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I generally prefer classical (and Cynthia's theme lent itself to that wonderfully), though I don't mind rock as well.

I see what you mean. Sometimes, remixes are nowhere near the original. Still, couldn't Lumiose have been remixed? Or really, most of the X and Y songs they added (except Team Flare and Vs. Trainer, which were remixed)? If/when I get the Wii U version, I'll probably make Route 10 one of the highest in chances of playing.

They're both really good! I'm just a sucker for the Eight Melodies remix in the Magicant theme. It reminds me of this:

Plus, the Magicant part of the song is just so... Ethereal, I guess, for lack of a better word. Onett is so upbeat and cheery, though, and Snowman is gorgeous, so that medley works as well.
Classical is magical! :happysheep:

Hmmmm, fair enough. You make some compelling points there that I cannot deny. I guess I really am just easy to please when it comes the musical selection, which is why it doesn't bother me as much. Although, I REALLY want a Lumoise remix now. :crying:

That ethereal feel to the Magicant theme is strong indeed, which is something I enjoy, but like you said, Onett is so upbeat and cheery, and Snowman is downright gorgeous. Too many amazing pieces of music to choose from, although that's certainly not a bad thing, that's for sure. XD

Shaymikyu

Classical is magical! :happysheep:

Hmmmm, fair enough. You make some compelling points there that I cannot deny. I guess I really am just easy to please when it comes the musical selection, which is why it doesn't bother me as much. Although, I REALLY want a Lumoise remix now. :crying:

That ethereal feel to the Magicant theme is strong indeed, which is something I enjoy, but like you said, Onett is so upbeat and cheery, and Snowman is downright gorgeous. Too many amazing pieces of music to choose from, although that's certainly not a bad thing, that's for sure. XD
I'm still happy with the songs overall. It's more nitpicking on my part.

And yes, a remix of Lumiose would have been cool. They could make it a medley with other songs, like the shop theme.
Or the clothing shop theme.
Or maybe even the museum/hotel theme.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm still happy with the songs overall. It's more nitpicking on my part.

And yes, a remix of Lumiose would have been cool. They could make it a medley with other songs, like the shop theme.
Or the clothing shop theme.
Or maybe even the museum/hotel theme.
Oh no worries, I completely understand. ^_^

That would be AMAZING!!! 0_0

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I would have loved to see some other tracks from X and Y get remixed/added
Like the battle against Yveltal/Xerneas
or the rival battle

I'm also a bit peeved that there is so much music/stages from Brawl returning, but I just hope that all of the unlockable CDs yet to come will compensate.

Shaymikyu

or the rival battle

I'm also a bit peeved that there is so much music/stages from Brawl returning, but I just hope that all of the unlockable CDs yet to come will compensate.
The lack of Vs. Xerneas/Yveltal makes me so sad. That and Don't Speak Her Name were my top two music wishes. Also,
Where is this song? Here's hoping the CDs correct all of this.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
or the rival battle

Guess I'm one of the few that doesn't mind the amount of returning music/stages. :ohwell: I'm easy to please it seems. :laugh:

I have a feeling they will, at least for the most part. There's still MANY pieces of music left to unlock via CDs so keep the hope for those remixes alive.

I offer to you all a more violent interpretation of how Falcon beat down Chrom.

View attachment 30071

:seuss:
That's how I've always imagined it. :seuss:

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I offer to you all a more violent interpretation of how Falcon beat down Chrom.

View attachment 30071

:seuss:
I think people are getting the wrong idea here...

Chrom had just slipped on a banana peel, and Falcon (being the fine gentleman that he is) attempted to give him a helping hand. Although Lucina arrived at that moment and misconstrued the events which had just taken place....

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
A Pokémon game with a support system would be nice. Pokémon isn't known for its deep characters (which one or two exceptions), but that could lead to more development overall for them. Imagine how much worse the already terrible Pokémon shipping wars would get, though.

EDIT: I tried to do IV breeding once when a friend of mine did it, but I don't have the patience. I'd rather use that time to hunt shinies or complete my Pokédex. In fact, X is the very first game I caught my own shiny in that I didn't get in a trade or isn't guaranteed like the red Gyarados! Two shinies, in fact! Alomomola and Relicanth! Yeah, fished shinies aren't as "valuable" but I don't care! This has been more than a decade in the making!
I got a shiny aipom in a safari and have no idea what to do with it. Maybe I'll just give it away. :p

You bet it is.

Oh my gods, I love clemont. Best picture response ever.

You know what's hilarious? Seeing Chrom's fan(girls) still insist they "accidentally" marry him. I see that a lot in Tumblr and it never gets old.

I.S has created a monstrous embodiment of a fictional husbando.
Pff I married Chrom before he took on Levi's role in AOT, and I also married him on purpose. #hipsterchromfan

On another note, during school today I did not pledge allegiance to the flag, but instead to this thread. It went as follows:

I pledge allegiance
To the thread
Of the robins of smashboards
And to the shepards
For which they stand
One unit
Under Naga,
Indivisible,
With fun
And glory for all.
:]

I'd like to clean it up more by adding more FE references, but I'm not that clever. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
>theory

I hate it when people post those theories. It's a fracking game.
But hey, thats just a theory, a GAME THEORY, THANKS FOR
WATCHING :seuss:.

If it's a video on someone being dead or about Mario, it's bound to be crap. Mario is Mental is the worst offender.
Well, that bit about him abusing Luigi was kind of convincing to me. Though me might be abusing Luigi because his get with Mario's girl :seuss: Ccokie if you get the reference

Every time I see that face of Marth I think *Insert expand dong joke*

So... Shepherd version of the DK Rap anyone?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10831936/1/
*Looks at replies to this*

First the Lucina theard, now the Robin. Robertman2, what have you done? :joyful:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
On another note, during school today I did not pledge allegiance to the flag, but instead to this thread. It went as follows:

I pledge allegiance
To the thread
And to the shepards
For which they stand
One unit
Under Naga,
Indivisible,
With fun
And glory for all.

I'd like to clean it up more by adding more FE references, but I'm not that clever. Anyone want to take a stab at it?
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! :4robinm: :4robinf:

Oh.....sorry about that. Don't know what happened there. :p At any rate, love the pledge, it was rather clever so don't discredit yourself. ^w^

Hong

The Strongest

Chrom had just slipped on a banana peel, and Falcon (being the fine gentleman that he is) attempted to give him a helping hand. Although Lucina arrived at that moment and misconstrued the events which had just taken place....

You claim that Chrom had slipped on a banana peel, however I've heard accounts of him tripping over something else...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

You claim that Chrom had slipped on a banana peel, however I've heard accounts of him tripping over something else...

But when does my version of the story where he beats on Chrom with a crowbar come in :4dedede:

Hong

The Strongest
But when does my version of the story where he beats on Chrom with a crowbar come in :4dedede:

I have reason to believe that took place after the incident. A certain someone was happy with their spot in Super Smash Bros, and paid Captain Falcon to make sure Chrom would never be able to walk again.

Shaymikyu

I got a shiny aipom in a safari and have no idea what to do with it. Maybe I'll just give it away. :p

Oh my gods, I love clemont. Best picture response ever.

Pff I married Chrom before he took on Levi's role in AOT, and I also married him on purpose. #hipsterchromfan

I pledge allegiance
To the thread
And to the shepards
For which they stand
One unit
Under Naga,
Indivisible,
With fun
And glory for all.

I will take everyone's shinies! I collect them all!

Kidding, kidding (except the part about collecting shinies). I've gotten a shiny Cresselia and Floette off the GTS before, though. Shiny Cresselia are so pretty!

Even though I married Chrom on accident, I won't lie- he has a pretty face in the cutscenes. It's just that there are so many characters I liked in Awakening that I could see me being happy with Robin ending up with at least half of them. I refuse to erase my files now that I've immortalized them in my icon, though, so I'd have to get another copy to try more combos.
Who wouldn't? Cutest and nerdiest nerd in Pokemon ever. Also an electrically affiliated prodigy and can't run for his life and is pushed to marriage with any women he(is lil sister) meets all the time.

Sounds familiar? :4robinm:

Heck, modeled my Tumblr-blog just after both (Outside it's Robin, in the blog it's mostly Clemont)
Clemont is easily one of my favorites from X and Y. He's just so huggable, and his interactions with Bonnie are so cute. From what I've heard about the anime, I'd adore his anime version even more.

Phoenix Wright- another game series I need to try one day. I saw a couple of them at Gamestop, but I'm the type of person that has to start from the first game (FE:A didn't count here since most of the FEs, even the prequel/sequel ones like FE7, seem to more or less their own thing and don't connect too much).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Fire Emblem: Death in the Family
To be followed up by F-Zero: The Killing Joke

I have reason to believe that took place after the incident. A certain someone was happy with their spot in Super Smash Bros, and paid Captain Falcon to make sure Chrom would never be able to walk again.
I always headcanoned that :4robinm: and :4lucina: paid :4falcon: to cripple Chrom.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Fire Emblem: Death in the Family
To be followed up by F-Zero: The Killing Joke

I always headcanoned that :4robinm: and :4lucina: paid :4falcon: to cripple Chrom.
I can't see :4lucina: doing it, since she gets overprotective of Chrom. Well, unless :4robinm: convinced her he wouldn't be hurt by it.

:4robinm:, though? Depending on the circumstance, possibly.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice

I always assumed that Snake, bitter about his cut from Brawl, decided to take Chrom out of the runnings with a C4 or something.

Oh, and did I mention that this thread is great?

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

We all know the real culprit is :4robinf:. She bribed :4falcon: to challenge Chrom and :4lucina: so she could write down new one-liners to throw at them.

:4robinf:: How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself?

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
We all know the real culprit is :4robinf:. She bribed :4falcon: to challenge Chrom and :4lucina: so she could write down new one-liners to throw at them.

Now that's strategy.

Snake met his fate before he even had the chance.:4villagerf:
Seriously, though. How do you find and post this stuff so quickly? Do you just have gifs and stuff for everything? If so, post a picture of Mega Man wearing Meta Knight's mask and wielding Ragnell.

Sososososososo sorry. Double post. I am a failure.:cry:

I just reported myself. I can't even break the rules with pride.

I DON'T WANNA GO TO JAIL!!! 2 DAYS ON THE SITE AND ALREADY A FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Hello, DLC necessity.

I've always wondered how Robin can she so well when his/her hood is pulled down like that, though.
Strategy. Lots and lots of strategy. Seriously though, maybe it's transparent material or something? Or maybe he's secretly half taguel and navigates by smell? Someone try giving him a beaststone right now.

Shaymikyu

Strategy. Lots and lots of strategy. Seriously though, maybe it's transparent material or something? Or maybe he's secretly half taguel and navigates by smell? Someone try giving him a beaststone right now.
It makes me sad that we can't have Taguel Robin. At least you can get Taguel Morgan (sort of, but s/he lacks the ears).

Hong

The Strongest

Me whenevever I hear that victory line:
Seriously, though. How do you find and post this stuff so quickly? Do you just have gifs and stuff for everything? If so, post a picture of Mega Man wearing Meta Knight's mask and wielding Ragnell.!
Sososososososo sorry. Double post. I am a failure.:cry:

I just reported myself. I can't even break the rules with pride.

I DON'T WANNA GO TO JAIL!!! 2 DAYS ON THE SITE AND ALREADY A FUGITIVE FROM JUSTICE!!
Double post? Whatever do you mean? Are you alright, my dear? Perhaps you should rest. :096:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Double post? Whatever do you mean? Are you alright, my dear? Perhaps you should rest. :096:
Wow. I was actually sort of being sarcastic. I shall never doubt you again, my sworn protector. Huh? What's all this about double posts?

Shaymikyu

I still haven't decided whether I love that victory line or feel awkward about it. It's definitely Grade A Sass, though.

Also, you truly have the gift of finding pictures (or you just Photoshopped it).

Top Bottom