• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Pokemon Origin! :surprised: Ok, so besides the awesome Pokemon Origin and Ash's journey into the Johto regions, I've yet to see anything in regards to the Pokemon anime after that.

Red is truly the ultimate Pokemon Master, especially after watching Pokemon Origin. No wonder he's jacket less on Mt. Silver, he's so honed from his days as a Pokemon trainer that the very elements around him cease to do him any harm.

An RPG based on Smash? Now THAT is a fantastic idea! I love RPG's! I love Smash Bros! It's the perfect combination for me! :4kirby:
I was on and off with Johto, watched Hoenn (mainly because of my R/S love and using one of my favorite game protagonists as a main character), then drifted out around Sinnoh.

I was so-so towards Red before Origin (I preferred Leaf), but Origin won me over on him. That, and fighting him in Crystal. There's something powerful about fighting the previous protagonist that YOU played as. Which is part of the reason it annoyed me that you couldn't fight Leaf in HG/SS, but that's another rant.
True, but I tend to ignore such theories. :4dedede:
Me too. They're interesting, but sometimes they feel forced.

It makes me sad that he didn't even say hi to his mom, though. And yet, she's sure he's safe... Pallet Town in the Johto games made me a little sentimental (especially THAT MUSIC).

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Yeah, I now what you mean. For as much as I love MatPat, something about Link being dead in Majora's mask seems so stupid.
Indeed. It's an interesting theory, but that's all it is and it's rather farfetched one at best, at least in my opinion.

I was on and off with Johto, watched Hoenn (mainly because of my R/S love and using one of my favorite game protagonists as a main character), then drifted out around Sinnoh.

I was so-so towards Red before Origin (I preferred Leaf), but Origin won me over on him. That, and fighting him in Crystal. There's something powerful about fighting the previous protagonist that YOU played as. Which is part of the reason it annoyed me that you couldn't fight Lead in HG/SS, but that's another rant.

Me too. They're interesting, but sometimes they feel forced.

It makes me sad that he didn't even say hi to his mom, though. And yet, she's sure he's safe... Pallet Town in the Johto games made me a little sentimental (especially THAT MUSIC).
Now that's one generation I skipped for some reason. I never played R/S/E unfortunately. Guess I was "too cool" back then to be bothered with Pokemon, which is too bad because I've heard great things about Gen 3. That's why I plan on getting ORAS either for Christmas or sometime within the next few weeks, whenever my craving for Smash Bros. diminishes, which won't be for some time.

Oh for sure! It's incredibly invigorating and it brings everything full circle. That's why G/S or HG/SS are my favourite Pokemon games to date, because of the feeling I got when I faced Red, among numerous reasons such as having two regions to explore.

Oh the music in Pallet Town! Now THAT brings some incredible nostalgia for me! I will never forget that tune.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Indeed. It's an interesting theory, but that's all it is and it's rather farfetched one at best, at least in my opinion.

Now that's one generation I skipped for some reason. I never played R/S/E unfortunately. Guess I was "too cool" back then to be bothered with Pokemon, which is too bad because I've heard great things about Gen 3. That's why I plan on getting ORAS either for Christmas or sometime within the next few weeks, whenever my craving for Smash Bros. diminishes, which won't be for some time.

Oh for sure! It's incredibly invigorating and it brings everything full circle. That's why G/S are my favourite Pokemon games to date, because of the feeling I got when I faced Red, among numerous reasons such as having two regions to explore.

Oh the music in Pallet Town! Now THAT brings some incredible nostalgia for me! I will never forget that tune.
OR/AS should be the best parts of R/S polished up plus new stuff, so really it's the best way to experience it. At least, going off the previews that's the vibe it gives.

I'm sad we won't get customization again, but customizable bases makes it all better.

If I had to think long and hard about it, Crystal/SoulSilver is my second favorite game. Crystal has more nostalgia, but SoulSilver is smoother and so pretty, plus the Rocket executives get slightly more characterized, as does Silver the rival. Johto's just a pretty region with probably some of my favorite tunes in the game, and going to an old region was cool, even if Kanto was slightly bare bones in the original G/S/C (HG/SS fixed that). Also, SS especially just had so much to do. If I didn't send half of my team to the next gen, I'd still be trying to get everything (and I'm afraid to restart because then I'll lose the Spiky-Eared Pichu- at least I have HG to restart as I please).

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
OR/AS should be the best parts of R/S polished up plus new stuff, so really it's the best way to experience it. At least, going off the previews that's the vibe it gives.

I'm sad we won't get customization again, but customizable bases makes it all better.

If I had to think long and hard about it, Crystal/SoulSilver is my second favorite game. Crystal has more nostalgia, but SoulSilver is smoother and so pretty, plus the Rocket executives get slightly more characterized, as does Silver the rival. Johto's just a pretty region with probably some of my favorite tunes in the game, and going to an old region was cool, even if Kanto was slightly bare bones in the original G/S/C (HG/SS fixed that). Also, SS especially just had so much to do. If I didn't send half of my team to the next gen, I'd still be trying to get everything (and I'm afraid to restart because then I'll lose the Spiky-Eared Pichu- at least I have HG to restart as I please).
Yeah, I'm getting the same vibes from OR/AS. What a perfect way to jump into Gen 3! ^_^

That's kinda backwards to be honest. Usually remakes combine the best of the new and the old, not cut content from previous games in the series. It's such a shame because customizing my avatar was one of my favourite things to do in X and Y.

Oh the music in G/S/C is sublime! In my personal opinion, Gen 2 has some of the best music in the Pokemon series to date, which is saying something. Another reason for my love of G/S/C is the region itself. I LOVE Japanese culture and Johto is the embodiment of Japan in the Pokemon universe. Of course, HeartGold and SoulSilver reign supreme because of the updated graphics and how everything has been updated, but the originals will always have a place in my gamer mind.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I got my Sapphire as my very first own videogame during my 10nth birthday along with a GBA SP. Boy, ya should have seen my face of glee when just reading the manual and watching the game unfold. (I remember getting stuck on some place in the very beginning though, lol).

I somewhat came from background of Pokemon Stadium + occassional plays of PKMN Gold rented from my friend, so getting my own PKMN-game was so rad. There was just so much new, like color, the exotic lands, berry growing, contests, the double battles... Just so much to do! Sadly my Sapphire-cartridge fell down to a sewer, thanks to my lil bro's butterfingers. Gladly I bought Emerald which I have even today (but it's save file has been overwritten, damn)

So I'm really stoked on ORAS. Sadly I have to wait still until next week instead of this one...

I have to still clear my SS fully, for some reason after White2 came, I just left that game behind. Don't get me started on Platinum as well.

Last edited:

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
I'm pretty sure the first games I played were Pokemon games, I think it was Pokemon Stadium. My first 100% Pokemon game was Diamond, I had 330+ hours on that bad boy. Mind you, I didn't play to get my team amazing or anything, I played that game for lulz. About 200+ hours of that was just mining underground and cycling across the map. Things were so much simpler for me back then. I don't have a favourite generation of games but my favourite generation of Pokemon has to be first generation. It had Jolteon, Mewtwo and a bunch of other fan favourites. I might not get OR/AS though. I might focus on completing games that I haven't yet, i.e. my 60% completed Zelda runs, starting Metroid and Fire Emblem games.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
For my very first playthrough I wanted to marry Anna .

Since we are speaking of spinoffs, I think a Dragon's Crown-esque FE game would be fun. Having all different classes with their own skill-sets, equipments, stat strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Hong

The Strongest
The best spin-off would be Style Savvy x Fire Emblem. The game stars Ares, and you have to meet the needs of a long line of clientele as you climb the ranks. Marth would be the final boss.

"Impress me. :4marth:"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But out of all the Trainers in Pokemon, his story is the saddest. I mean, there are theories that have him as either insane or dead.
>theory

I hate it when people post those theories. It's a fracking game.

Yeah, I now what you mean. For as much as I love MatPat, something about Link being dead in Majora's mask seems so stupid.
If it's a video on someone being dead or about Mario, it's bound to be crap. Mario is Mental is the worst offender.

Bouncing off the subject of Pokemon, BW is my favorite gen. Aside from having what I objectively believe to be the best music in the series, the story is quite touching. Not tear worthy unlike some OTHER moments , but touching...and disturbing.

The best spin-off would be Style Savvy x Fire Emblem. The game stars Ares, and you have to meet the needs of a long line of clientele as you climb the ranks. Marth would be the final boss.

"Impress me. :4marth:"
murth.png

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
"And the Radiant Hunk of legend! :4robinm:"
"worthy opponents indeed :4robinm:"
maybe I'll get my chance...another day

and since I'm quoting it again, I must say the Robin reveal trailer is the only one that still gets me giddy from watching it

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know what's hilarious? Seeing Chrom's fan(girls) still insist they "accidentally" marry him. I see that a lot in Tumblr and it never gets old.

I.S has created a monstrous embodiment of a fictional husbando.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
"worthy opponents indeed :4robinm:"
maybe I'll get my chance...another day

and since I'm quoting it again, I must say the Robin reveal trailer is the only one that still gets me giddy from watching it
I know exactly how you feel. The Robin reveal trailer, even too this day, still fills me with excitement and has me beside myself as a fanboy of Fire Emblem: Awakening, particularly Robin and Lucina. I never imaged that these two characters would become playable characters in Smash Bros, but somehow, Sakurai made my wish come true, and from that point forward, I didn't care if anyone else made it in the game. I got my two most requested characters, somehow, and that was more than enough of a win for me. That reveal trailer was indeed the best character reveal trailer ever thanks to it destroying people's expectations and having my dream characters join Smash Bros. I must have watched that reveal trailer 100 times that day. XD

Shaymikyu

Maintenance ate my last post, so I'll try to remember what I said.
Yeah, I'm getting the same vibes from OR/AS. What a perfect way to jump into Gen 3! ^_^

That's kinda backwards to be honest. Usually remakes combine the best of the new and the old, not cut content from previous games in the series. It's such a shame because customizing my avatar was one of my favourite things to do in X and Y.

Oh the music in G/S/C is sublime! In my personal opinion, Gen 2 has some of the best music in the Pokemon series to date, which is saying something. Another reason for my love of G/S/C is the region itself. I LOVE Japanese culture and Johto is the embodiment of Japan in the Pokemon universe. Of course, HeartGold and SoulSilver reign supreme because of the updated graphics and how everything has been updated, but the originals will always have a place in my gamer mind.
It was one of my favorite things too. I spent more time doing that at first than actually battling!

That's how I feel as well. HG/SS is better, but I have so much nostalgia for Crystal, so I see them as equal. I have all the soundtracks on my iPod, and HG/SS is still the one I listen to the most (though I like X and Y's). I'm shocked we haven't gotten Vs. Lance/Red in SSB yet. It's probably one of the most iconic songs in the franchise.

I got my Sapphire as my very first own videogame during my 10nth birthday along with a GBA SP. Boy, ya should have seen my face of glee when just reading the manual and watching the game unfold. (I remember getting stuck on some place in the very beginning though, lol).

I somewhat came from background of Pokemon Stadium + occassional plays of PKMN Gold rented from my friend, so getting my own PKMN-game was so rad. There was just so much new, like color, the exotic lands, berry growing, contests, the double battles... Just so much to do! Sadly my Sapphire-cartridge fell down to a sewer, thanks to my lil bro's butterfingers. Gladly I bought Emerald which I have even today (but it's save file has been overwritten, damn)

So I'm really stoked on ORAS. Sadly I have to wait still until next week instead of this one...

I have to still clear my SS fully, for some reason after White2 came, I just left that game behind. Don't get me started on Platinum as well.
Stadium is an awesome game! I still play both Stadiums today. They've actually held up well for N64 games.

I have to wait a few days most likely too, which makes me sad. When OR/AS was announced, I felt the same way major Johto fans did back when HG/SS was announced.
I'm pretty sure the first games I played were Pokemon games, I think it was Pokemon Stadium. My first 100% Pokemon game was Diamond, I had 330+ hours on that bad boy. Mind you, I didn't play to get my team amazing or anything, I played that game for lulz. About 200+ hours of that was just mining underground and cycling across the map. Things were so much simpler for me back then. I don't have a favourite generation of games but my favourite generation of Pokemon has to be first generation. It had Jolteon, Mewtwo and a bunch of other fan favourites. I might not get OR/AS though. I might focus on completing games that I haven't yet, i.e. my 60% completed Zelda runs, starting Metroid and Fire Emblem games.
Replaying Yellow rekindled my love of Kanto, but I hesitate to call it among my favorites. Mainly, I found Kanto itself kind of dull with some exceptions likeLavender Town. Still, there's a lot to like, like Team Rocket, Blue the rival, and the music.
>theory

I hate it when people post those theories. It's a fracking game.

If it's a video on someone being dead or about Mario, it's bound to be crap. Mario is Mental is the worst offender.

Bouncing off the subject of Pokemon, BW is my favorite gen. Aside from having what I objectively believe to be the best music in the series, the story is quite touching. Not tear worthy unlike some OTHER moments , but touching...and disturbing.

View attachment 30053
5th gen as a whole isn't my favorite, but the first game in it is right up there with the Hoenn ones and Johto ones. Easily the best story for a main Pokémon game, plus it was cool how you could only catch new Pokémon at first, the New York inspired region, and Hilda is probably my favorite Pokémon protagonist. Plus, that climax. I squealed with joy when Unova League was revealed as a stage.
You know what's hilarious? Seeing Chrom's fan(girls) still insist they "accidentally" marry him. I see that a lot in Tumblr and it never gets old.

I.S has created a monstrous embodiment of a fictional husbando.
Actually, I genuinely did accidentally marry Chrom on my first run. I genuinely didn't know how the marriage system worked and I generally prefer stranger pairings. I originally was going to pair Robin with Gregor once I thought in the story the chance to marry would come up (though, had I known about Henry... I was so close to restarting my run just to marry him when he came up), and Robin and Chrom just happened to fight side by side a lot... Oops. I don't regret it, but still, it wasn't my intention.

I have to wonder how much different my views would be on Chrom had I known how to work the marriage system at first. The green-haired Robin in my icon would be wearing Gregor or Henry colors, for starters.

EDIT: And on my Yarne/Robin run, I almost did it again, along with Libra. It's really easy to accidentally form a support. Even with Robin as Chrom's lowest priority in a tie breaker, since she's the first female you get that he can marry, avoiding him can be a chore.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Maintenance ate my last post, so I'll try to remember what I said.

It was one of my favorite things too. I spent more time doing that at first than actually battling!

That's how I feel as well. HG/SS is better, but I have so much nostalgia for Crystal, so I see them as equal. I have all the soundtracks on my iPod, and HG/SS is still the one I listen to the most (though I like X and Y's). I'm shocked we haven't gotten Vs. Lance/Red in SSB yet. It's probably one of the most iconic songs in the franchise.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vs. Lance/Red in Smash Bros. Wii U. There are MANY pieces of music still left unheard and that haven't been unlocked as of right now, so don't give up just yet.
HOPE NEVER DIES!!! :4lucina:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wanna say somethin' on the trailer stuff but I think I'd be yapping about something I've yapped million times before. Bummer though, I wish I could watch it though and like it as much as most people in this thread. It saddens me how it surprised me so happily first, but now has left me with salty memories instead. I would have praised the trailer to heavens in we actually got all 4.

(I thought Chrom was an Ike-alt and was beyond exctatic that everyones' wishes were granted. Sadly, not all after all.)

Last edited:

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Anyone know what happened to that "tree" I hid behind way back when...? I found a poke ball.

Shaymikyu

So, I've been listening to the Wii U songs, and it blows the 3DS ones out of the water. Big surprise.

That Onett mix (the one that remixes Onett's actual theme) makes me insanely happy, though. Also, Saria's Song (which reminds me that I need to seriously beat OoT 3D/explore the Zelda series more one day). And the Pokémon song choices aren't even in the same league! The Cynthia music and Route 10 Unova... Darn. Right up there with the N's Castle Medley.

EDIT: THE ONETT MIX HAS SNOWMAN IN A MEDLEY WITH IT. IT'S SO PRETTY. This SSB has treated Mother fans well between these songs, Magicant, and the Smash Run enemies.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So, I've been listening to the Wii U songs, and it blows the 3DS ones out of the water. Big surprise.

That Onett mix (the one that remixes Onett's actual theme) makes me insanely happy, though. Also, Saria's Song (which reminds me that I need to seriously beat OoT 3D/explore the Zelda series more one day). And the Pokémon song choices aren't even in the same league! The Cynthia music and Route 10 Unova... Darn. Right up there with the N's Castle Medley.

EDIT: THE ONETT MIX HAS SNOWMAN IN A MEDLEY WITH IT. IT'S SO PRETTY. This SSB has treated Mother fans well between these songs, Magicant, and the Smash Run enemies.
Unlike Metroid fans... Also, DK Rap. Is it in?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
What have I brought upon us?:4dk::4diddy:
The most glorious and important piece of literature of our time. :seuss:

Indeed. The Wii U songs are bar none superior in every single way. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys Cynthia's remix. So many people on Youtube complain because it's not another rock remix. :rolleyes: And Route 10, by Naga's breath, that remix is so freaking amazing that I can't stop listening to it. Even though it's from Black and White, the remix makes it feel like something from X and Y given the French influence. Saria's song is another favourite of mine, as is the Onett Remix. So beautiful! ^w^ <3 Even though Lucas is not present in the current roster, the Mother fans have indeed been treated well through other ways, that much is certain.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I say when it ends!

I'm not sure. I have yet to see a complete playlist, and even if we had one, I doubt it'll have the hidden songs yet. Not from what I've seen, but most playlists I can find are lacking music we already know is in the game.
It better be in there...

Shaymikyu

The most glorious and important piece of literature of our time. :seuss:

Indeed. The Wii U songs are bar none superior in every single way. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys Cynthia's remix. So many people on Youtube complain because it's not another rock remix. :rolleyes: And Route 10, by Naga's breath, that remix is so freaking amazing that I can't stop listening to it. Even though it's from Black and White, the remix makes it feel like something from X and Y given the French influence. Saria's song is another favourite of mine, as is the Onett Remix. So beautiful! ^w^ <3 Even though Lucas is not present in the current roster, the Mother fans have indeed been treated well through other ways, that much is certain.
I'm glad it wasn't another rock remix. Honestly, those are starting to just blend together for me. Another reason why I loved the N's Castle Medley- yeah, okay, it was sort of rockish, but had more going on. Honestly, my only big disappointment is how many songs were just the originals untouched (X and Y, Awakening, etc.) or ripped from Brawl. And the Route 10 music might rival the N's Castle Medley as one of my favorites for Pokémon this time.

It's gorgeous! Granted, I still like the Magicant song better, but that's a high bar it set. It fits EarthBound so well, though. I still miss Lucas, but I'm glad Mother was still given pretty good treatment for a tiny series.

Top Bottom