• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
So, uh... I like Male Robin.

:4robinm:
It's okay. We can stand on the same side of the scale together. :DD
*GEEK OUT*.

I can only play has Male Robin. I just feel more comfortable play him. I'm trying to do a female Robin run but I much more prefer male Robin. Plus, he can actually do an MU x Lucina and :4robinf: can't (mother doesn't count). Also, I like his VA more :3

…So many friends to fight for. :4myfriends:

Even so, all of you guys rock, female or male robin. :)

but I will still change fate with my fellow M!Robins

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
While I like both :4robinm: and :4robinf: I tend to use :4robinf: more due to the fact that her lines and delivery are imo better than :4robinm:

Plus F!Robin has better alt colors and is way cuter than M!Robin would ever dream of being.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So, uh... I like Male Robin.

:4robinm:
Oh don't get us wrong, the love for :4robinm: is strong.........no wait, that's sound wrong. XD Our fondness? Yeah, our fondness for :4robinm: is strong,but some of us prefer the sassy, smart and more attractive :4robinf: for our Smashing needs. Although, both the :4robinm: and :4robinf: are utterly fantastic and I do use both as equally as possible, but :4robinf:gets more love than :4robinm:at the moment.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
The scales have been tipped.
But not to worry, :4robinf: supporters will not be excluded from the drawing goodness. We are fellow tacticians, regardless of gender.
Besides, a group drawing of the Robin thread would be great. I just need to get my hands on references for everyone and I'm set. That, and I need to not procrastinate.

I still want to battle some of you, but that will have to wait for another time. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I prefer male Robin over female Robin. I like female Robin's lines more, but male Robin has that feeling of that I am controlling my avatar from FE:A, which makes the experience as playing as him more satisfying.

zlCfzSBaWfc56AcFAL.jpeg

I barely changed my avatar in Awakening; only the eyes and name are different.
In my next playthrough of Awakening, I will just go all default with going with regular Robin's eyes and name.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I prefer male Robin over female Robin. I like female Robin's lines more, but male Robin has that feeling of that I am controlling my avatar from FE:A, which makes the experience as playing as him more satisfying.
I'd agree with this if my Sm4sh Robin could wear glasses and a Seuss hat.

:seuss:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh don't get us wrong, the love for :4robinm: is strong.........no wait, that's sound wrong. XD Our fondness? Yeah, our fondness for :4robinm: is strong but, some of us prefer the sassy, smart and more attractive :4robinf: for our Smashing needs. Although, both the :4robinm: and :4robinf: are utterly fantastic and I do use both as equally as possible, but :4robinf:gets more love than :4robinm:at the moment.
While I do like sassy characters, :4palutena::4sonic: (:4robinf: no exception) in the FE:A or when ever the two Robin's are together, I don't know, I just perfer :4robinm:personality much more. Cause as much as I love sassy character, I absolutely adore caring characters and funny ones tow ( like :4link:).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But not to worry, :4robinf: supporters will not be excluded from the drawing goodness. We are fellow tacticians, regardless of gender.
Besides, a group drawing of the Robin thread would be great. I just need to get my hands on references for everyone and I'm set. That, and I need to not procrastinate.

I still want to battle some of you, but that will have to wait for another time. :p
Art comes first to battling young one :seuss:

Jk, do as you please/can.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Your kindness for us :4robinf: supporters is much appreciated! ^w^

We are indeed fellow tacticians, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, or whatever other differences we may have. And I'm all in favour of having a group drawing of the Robin thread!

As for battling, I'm game, just know that my skills are sub par at best at the moment. I love Smash Bros. but I utterly suck at it sometimes. :p

That won't stop me from tipping the scales though, mark my words. :4robinm:

While I do like sassy characters, :4palutena::4sonic: (:4robinf: no exception) in the FE:A or when ever the two Robin's are together, I don't know, I just perfer :4robinm:personality much more. Cause as much as I love sassy character, I absolutely adore caring characters and funny ones tow ( like :4link:).
Don't worry, I completely understand. My preference for :4robinm: and :4robinf: is fairly balanced for the most part. I wouldn't have my avatar be :4robinm: if I wasn't fond of him. I like stoic, caring and funny characters just as much as I like sassy characters. :4robinf:

Last edited:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
What have I started... Anyways, I actually like both of the Robins too. I have this funny headcanon where :4robinm: takes:4lucina: on a date, and:4robinf: talks her way into coming as his wingman (or would it be wingwoman?) so she can get a free dinner. Brings out the best in both characters, I guess. (Robcina cluelessness and sassy.)

We are indeed fellow tacticians, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, or whatever other differences we may have. And I'm all in favour of having a group drawing of the Robin thread!
Well said. God bless you, Syrek.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Um, just with the hair, is it possible for you to make it the same colour as option 5 in awakening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7UMfe0uw, about 0.52 mark), cause that's more the dark brown of my hair. Also, is it me, or does something feel like it's missing. Hm. I don't, I just feel like I'm abusing you help now. Sorry if I am.
There we go! Hopefully this fulfills your order.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
What have I started... Anyways, I actually like both of the Robins too. I have this funny headcanon where :4robinm: takes:4lucina: on a date, and:4robinf: talks her way into coming as his wingman (or would it be wingwoman?) so she can get a free dinner. Brings out the best in both characters, I guess. (Robcina cluelessness and sassy.)

Well said. God bless you, Syrek.
Hahaha! XD It's all good, @ Dropkick Laser Dropkick Laser , it's all good. ^_^

I seriously want to see a fan fic of that now. Anyone with writing skills, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Ah, well thank you, God bless you as well! It all came from the heart, every word. <3

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Your kindness for us :4robinf: supporters is much appreciated! ^w^

As for battling, I'm game, just know that my skills are sub par at best at the moment. I love Smash Bros. but I utterly suck at it sometimes. :p

That won't stop me from tipping the scales though, mark my words. :4robinm:

Don't worry, I completely understand. My preference for :4robinm: and :4robinf: is fairly balanced for the most part. I wouldn't have my avatar be :4robinm: if I wasn't fond of him. I like stoic, caring and funny characters just as much as I like sassy characters. :4robinf:
The offer to battle is tempting, but I must pass since I have homework that I oughtta do.
I'd be open some other time though!
And don't worry about skill, my playing is pretty bad. May naga give mercy on my godforsaken technical skills. I swear, all my deaths come from me casting Elwind backwards and cursing as Robin doesn't turn around to grab the edge. Once I go on For Glory, I'm put in my place. I'm decent at best. :p
Despite that, I love smash bros so I keep playing, even if I do happen to suck. It's just a great multiplayer game to play with friends, for fun, or for glory.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Technically speaking, though, don't both Robins have the same personality?

For the most part, they have the exact same reactions to the world around them, but in some cases, they're placed in different kinds of situations that allow for different aspects of their personality to show. For example, Male Robin's supports with characters like Chrom and Lucina are friendly in nature, and Female Robin's supports with them start off similarly... Until Chrom and Lucina start blatantly insulting her. We know Female Robin responds to this with sass, but we don't know how Male Robin would react to it. However, I think it's safe to say that Male Robin wouldn't shy away from giving them a little sass as well should he have been put in a similar situation.

Last edited:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice

For the most part, they have the exact same reactions to the world around them, but in some cases, they're placed in different kinds of situations that allow for different aspects of their personality to show. For example, Male Robin's supports with characters like Chrom and Lucina are friendly in nature, and Female Robin's supports with them start off similarly... Until Chrom and Lucina start blatantly insulting her. We know Female Robin responds to this with sass, but we don't know how Male Robin would react to it. However, I think it's safe to say that Male Robin wouldn't shy away from giving them a little sass as well should he have been put in a similar situation.
Yarne supports. Nothing else needs to be said. Sorry if that came off harsh or whatever, but yeah.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

You make a compelling argument there, I must admit. Although I'm mostly referring to Smash Bros. rather than Fire Emblem: Awakening itself. Both Robin's, for the most part, have the exact same reactions and personality in FE:A, excluding the support conversations and various other elements of course. In Smash Bros. however, they really do feel different from one another. Male Robin is more stoic, thoughtful and lays down words of wisdom, while Female Robin is sassy, more aggressive, and full of vigour, especially towards Lucina, and they're wording for they're taunts are different as well.

The offer to battle is tempting, but I must pass since I have homework that I oughtta do.
I'd be open some other time though!
And don't worry about skill, my playing is pretty bad. May naga give mercy on my godforsaken technical skills. I swear, all my deaths come from me casting Elwind backwards and cursing as Robin doesn't turn around to grab the edge. Once I go on For Glory, I'm put in my place. I'm decent at best. :p
Despite that, I love smash bros so I keep playing, even if I do happen to suck. It's just a great multiplayer game to play with friends, for fun, or for glory.
Fair enough. I look forward to SETTLING IT IN SMASH with you sometime in the future! ^_^

Aye, the love of Smash Bros. with my friends and family, along with complete strangers, keeps me going as well, despite my poor performance. May Naga have mercy on both of us for failing at certain technical skills. :p

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
well if we're producing our own Robins, then here's mine

looks pretty much nothing like me, obviously I don't have blue hair, and my own hair is much longer (at least twice as long as the longest male option in the game)

in Smash I've been playing green male Robin more or less exclusively (does anyone else anywhere use green? I feel like I'm the only one :p). Red female is cool too, but I can never be bothered switching :p Don't care much for the other colours though.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There we go! Hopefully this fulfills your order.

THANK YOU [&] (your names silly :grin:) X3. I really owe you one. Your the best. So, if I just want a few changes here and there, could I just ask for your help, until I learn to be able to do it myself. THIS WILL BE MY NEW OFFICAL AVATAR. or if I find other, will always be in my sig, for the rest of my days on smashboards.

now this (don't take this literal, I have abused your helpfulness enough already) really makes me want to see :4link: in Robin's avatar portrait, with his flop hat. It would be so cute X3. You know, I might that one day, once I learn some photo shop skills :laugh:.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

View attachment 30019
I barely changed my avatar in Awakening; only the eyes and name are different.
In my next playthrough of Awakening, I will just go all default with going with regular Robin's eyes and name.
This is another reason I like F!Robin, though both of my F!Robins are quite different from the one in SSB (the one who married the bunny is a redhead, though, so it's close). My male Robin kind of has a similar hair color to the white-robed one, but when I do play male on those rare times, the green one is just too awesome to pass up.

Anyway, added my sole male Robin to my avatar, so all three of my Tacticians are represented now. Though, I'm not sure if Robin the First is too fond of Robin the Second, since he's in a way her son-in-law...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
This is another reason I like F!Robin, though both of my F!Robins are quite different from the one in SSB (the one who married the bunny is a redhead, though, so it's close). My male Robin kind of has a similar hair color to the white-robed one, but when I do play male on those rare times, the green one is just too awesome to pass up.

Anyway, added my sole male Robin to my avatar, so all three of my Tacticians are represented now. Though, I'm not sure if Robin the First is too fond of Robin the Second, since he's in a way her son-in-law...
You what Gracidea Shaymin? The Male Robin in your avatar looks like a ladies man with the tow female Robins next to him

Shaymikyu

You what Gracidea Shaymin? The Male Robin in your avatar looks like a ladies man with the tow female Robins next to him
My male Robin married Lucina. My original Robin married Chrom.

Though, yeah, he looks like he's just being a ladies man right now.:laugh: It's funny, because I actually did originally plan to try and get all the female supports for him on my male run (i.e. save, S-Support, save in another slot, continue the slot without the S-Support). Not sure who he'd end up with, though. Most likely one of the Robin-only spouses.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

HOLY CRAP! Is that Auron from FFX!? :surprised: Give him tinted glasses and some more red on his clothing, and your male avatar is the spiting image of a younger Auron!

In all seriousness though, I will agree with @ The Merc The Merc , he does indeed look like a ladies man. ;) Your avatar is even more glorious now if that's even possible! ^_^

Shaymikyu

HOLY CRAP! Is that Auron from FFX!? :surprised: Give him tinted glasses and some more red on his clothing, and your male avatar is the spiting image of a younger Auron!

In all seriousness though, I will agree with @ The Merc The Merc , he does indeed look like a ladies man. ;) Your avatar is even more glorious now if that's even possible! ^_^
I've never played a FF game (though I've honestly always wanted to, much like FE), so any resemblance is pure coincidence.

And aww, thanks.:4pikachu: I'm glad I'm figuring out how to Photoshop/Gimp things better now so I can make things like this.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
my own hair is much longer (at least twice as long as the longest male option in the game)
What are you, Rapunzel :seuss:

My male Robin married Lucina. My original Robin married Chrom.

Though, yeah, he looks like he's just being a ladies man right now.:laugh: It's funny, because I actually did originally plan to try and get all the female supports for him on my male run (i.e. save, S-Support, save in another slot, continue the slot without the S-Support). Not sure who he'd end up with, though. Most likely one of the Robin-only spouses.
Man, those glasses sure change everything.

Are glasses seriously that ladies man like lol

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
In Smash, I alternate between using default male and default female for I, overall, like both of them about the same.
I'm very attentive about it, in fact. I make sure to never use either of them twice in a row in any context.

In Awakening I just decide on a whim depending on what I want to do in a particular playthrough.
For example, for my current playthrough I thought it would be most advantageous to marry Lissa so that Owain could have Armsthrift along with good Luck growth (and so would Morgan who also benefits from good Magic growth for when I make her a Sorcerer). I'm crazy about Armsthrift because I'm anal about weapon usage. So I went with male.
For my very first playthrough I wanted to marry Anna (go figure), so I chose male.
For my Lunatic playthrough I wanted to go the marry Chrom route, so I chose female.

Shaymikyu

What are you, Rapunzel :seuss:

Man, those glasses sure change everything.

Glasses are awesome.;) Though, I have noticed an interesting shift in real life- when I first got my glasses, everyone wore contacts except me (though I was never teased for them). Now, I see a ton of people wearing glasses on campus, some of which just wear clear lenses for show and not because they need them.
In Smash, I alternate between using default male and default female for I, overall, like both of them about the same.
I'm very attentive about it, in fact. I make sure to never use either of them twice in a row in any context.

In Awakening I just decide on a whim depending on what I want to do in a particular playthrough.
For example, for my current playthrough I thought it would be most advantageous to marry Lissa so that Owain could have Armsthrift along with good Luck growth (and so would Morgan who also benefits from good Magic growth for when I make her a Sorcerer). I'm crazy about Armsthrift because I'm anal about weapon usage. So I went with male.
For my very first playthrough I wanted to marry Anna (go figure), so I chose male.
For my Lunatic playthrough I wanted to go the marry Chrom route, so I chose female.
You marrying Anna? I would have never guessed.:laugh:

Lissa is another support I'd try if I had more files, mainly because having Owain as a son would be fun and there's this one Pixiv artist who draws the most amazing pictures of Robin and Lissa together.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've never played a FF game (though I've honestly always wanted to, much like FE), so any resemblance is pure coincidence.

And aww, thanks.:4pikachu: I'm glad I'm figuring out how to Photoshop/Gimp things better now so I can make things like this.
Really? You've never played an FF game before, eh? Well your not really missing anything with some of the more recent FF games but FFX, IX, VII, VI, IV, are great places to start. Haha, fair enough, although the appearance is uncanny.

Oh, your quite welcome, m'lady! *bows politely*

It's more of a combination between his complexion, hair colour and style, the suave clothing and colour palette, with the glasses completing the ensemble. That, and he's wedged between two woman. :pimp:

Shaymikyu

Really? You've never played an FF game before, eh? Well your not really missing anything with some of the more recent FF games but FFX, IX, VII, VI, IV, are great places to start. Haha, fair enough, although the appearance is uncanny.

Oh, your quite welcome, m'lady! *bows politely*

It's more of a combination between his complexion, hair colour and style, the suave clothing and colour palette, with the glasses completing the ensemble. That, and he's wedged between two woman. :pimp:
I will keep those in mind, though I don't have many non-Nintendo systems, and none older than the Gameboy and N64. I know the earlier ones were on SNES.

And as I said before, I originally was going to make him support everyone, so I guess I unconsciously designed him that way with his hair and build, at least.:laugh:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I will keep those in mind, though I don't have many non-Nintendo systems, and none older than the Gameboy and N64. I know the earlier ones were on SNES.

And as I said before, I originally was going to make him support everyone, so I guess I unconsciously designed him that way with his hair and build, at least.:laugh:
Ah, fair enough. Of course, there's always emulators....:awesome:

Well he looks amazing either way. I'm rather jelly! X3

Shaymikyu

Ah, fair enough. Of course, there's always emulators....:awesome:

Well he looks amazing either way. I'm rather jelly! X3
I can consider that option as well, since that's the only way I initially got to play the Mother games, and I actually started FE7 recently through that, but haven't talked about it here because of not being sure of the rules, even though I'd buy it once it was released here over VC or a remake or something.

Thanks.:) He actually probably took the longest for me to find a look I liked on the creation screen out of my three Robins. The first one I found a look I liked quickly, and the last one I knew going in what she'd look like. Seriously, the freckles on Build 2 Robin make me melt...
Anna was part of the reason I played the game in the first place. :4dedede:
I can't fault you- she's pretty awesome. Even if I didn't use her much in any of my runs, she's still a fun character that I always recruit. I'm sure a redhead Morgan looks neat, too.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

It is a travesty Anna cannot learn Despoil.
Seriously. Even if Tricksters can't learn it themselves, it'd make sense for her to have it from the start. Aversa has Shadowgift despite no classes actually learning it, and other characters can inherit abilities they can't learn alone (Chrom's kids getting Aether or Rightful King, male characters with Galeforce, etc.).

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It is a travesty that Anna does not learn Galeforce. A travesty.
Because I want her to be a good unit so badly.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like, considering Anna can only support Robin and has no child that she should have some sort of incentive for supporting her. Some skill pertaining to gold would definitely help. Despoil+ maybe?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I can consider that option as well, since that's the only way I initially got to play the Mother games, and I actually started FE7 recently through that, but haven't talked about it here because of not being sure of the rules, even though I'd buy it once it was released here over VC or a remake or something.

Thanks.:) He actually probably took the longest for me to find a look I liked on the creation screen out of my three Robins. The first one I found a look I liked quickly, and the last one I knew going in what she'd look like. Seriously, the freckles on Build 2 Robin make me melt...
Ah, I see. Although, FFIV and VI are on the Wii VC which is accessible via the Wii U, so once you purchase one down the road, there's one option, unless you've joined the dark side and choose to emulate them. ;) But I jest of course. Either way works of course. ^_^

No problem. :) Well it seems you've put a great deal of thought into they're creation, that much is certain. Hahaha, I had no idea freckles made you melt. Guess everyone has an interesting weaknsss when it comes to facial features. X3

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It would have been nice if Anna, Say'ri, Tiki, Aversa, Flavia, and Emmeryn all had their own unique child.

Anna in particular could have had a son named Jake, referencing another one of the recurring characters in the series who follows her around.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It would have been nice if Anna, Say'ri, Tiki, Aversa, Flavia, and Emmeryn all had their own unique child.

Anna in particular could have had a son named Jake, referencing another one of the recurring characters in the series who follows her around.
All of them except for Anna are introduced too late for that, really. I wish they had integrated the Spotpass characters into the story better.
Or maybe not make them all appear at the endgame for whatever reason.

Top Bottom