• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
I don't know the context but that was pretty great considering he just kills the guy in one hit immediately after saying his death would be "slow and agonizing".
Ha ha. I was going to point that out, but I imagine it was one of those times where zero HP =/= dead (like those characters who are gravely injured and thought to be dead). Perhaps he ruptured Valter's throat or something so he just couldn't speak, and Cormag grabbed the Fili Shield and just kicked him into a ditch or something.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Sorry, I meant this image for option 1.
Thanks! Well in my opinion I feel like option 1 or 3 are best. Option 2 seems really generic. Option 3 seems better because then it resembles the Robin from SSB4 more. So either option 1 or 3.

By the way, what shade of brown? Lighter brown or dark or what?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sometimes the beautiful enemies just deliver death and destruction before they join your team, though.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thanks! Well in my opinion I feel like option 1 or 3 are best. Option 2 seems really generic. Option 3 seems better because then it resembles the Robin from SSB4 more. So either option 1 or 3.

By the way, what shade of brown? Lighter brown or dark or what?
Yeah, I really would chose option 3 but I just wish he had a tome in that pose. Oh well. Also it's dark brown hair.

i'm not on drugs right

that actually happened

please hit me in the face with a sledgehammer
Yeah, it just happen

*Hits LIQUIDFGC in the face with sledgehammer to prove it*

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
as well.

And, you know?

The bad guyest bad guys who join your side are actually some of the more interesting characters you can recruit. When I played FE8 for the first time, I actually outright killed Cormag without even knowing you could recruit him. It's because they made him seem so genuine. He's really a blood-thirsty, ferocious man. He wants nothing more than cold, dark, vengeance, which really made him stand out among the cutesy cutes and goody goods. Letting him kill Valter is very satisfying.

I honestly love it when one of the heroes isn't your typical attractive, goody-two-shoes person. I admit I lean more towards "nice" characters, but even then I like them to have some flaws that make them less than typical.

And I know I've said this a few times, but I really need to play some of the older games. I can even live with the permadeath mechanic since I can just restart the fight and make sure everyone lives.
Awakening could've reversed this trope of good-looking protagonists by letting you recruit Excellus.
Also known as Pot of Greed, the character.

Honestly, I wish a couple more characters could have been Spotpass recruited... Cervantes and his mustache, man.

There's something for everyone!
I'm still not sure if I headcanon Robin as a horrible or amazing dancer. Both fit so well.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how to do the quote thing. Anyways ^best newcomer^.:4robinf:

Sorry. That was weak.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
While the jokes are fun sometimes, I agree that sometimes it crosses the line. True, even FE:A makes fun of Chrom sometimes (see- his supports with Frederick and :4robinf:, his conversation with :4robinf: when they're married in Summer Scramble), but they still show him respect as well.

EDIT: HOW DOES THIS EVEN WORK.

And then we'd get both Morgans and broken as heck.
(Source)
Actually... The stat modifiers is would result in gimped Morgans. Sorry.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Gonna be real with you guys.
I am a heterosexual male but :4robinf: is my hero.
You're not alone. I too am a heterosexual male, but where do I stand with Robin?

:4robinf: :4robinf: :4robinf: FEMALE ROBIN MASTER RACE :4robinf: :4robinf: :4robinf:

This needs to be a smiley.

Anyway, I guess there are some lines fan artists won't cross, because on the topic of Excellus earlier, I have yet to see a confession image for him.
Well, it wouldn't exactly be possible for Morgan to come into existence if they were married, considering Excellus's...predicament.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Actually... The stat modifiers is would result in gimped Morgans. Sorry.
Ah, didn't think about that. But still, two Morgans.

I still wish you could recruit the other Morgan somehow, even if it was DLC or through supporting a Streetpassed Robin of the opposite gender with an unpaired character.
You're not alone. I too am a heterosexual male, but where do I stand with Robin?

:4robinf: :4robinf: :4robinf: FEMALE ROBIN MASTER RACE :4robinf: :4robinf: :4robinf:

Well, it wouldn't exactly be possible for Morgan to come into existence if they were married, considering Excellus's...predicament.
...That completely flew over my head the first time I played Awakening. And I didn't even realize it until I just looked up the script to Chapter 22.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
OH MY GOD, THAT's AWESOME, THANKS X3. Um, could I see option 3 as well, if that's not to much to ask?
Sure, give me a moment though, I'm a little occupied. I'm glad you like it!

:4robinf: :4robinf: :4robinf: FEMALE ROBIN MASTER RACE :4robinf::4robinf::4robinf:.
I hope I'm not the only one here who actually really likes Male Robin. . . . > >

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Sure, give me a moment though, I'm a little occupied. I'm glad you like it!

I hope I'm not the only one here who actually really likes Male Robin. . . . > >

I admit to preferring female Robin, but I like male Robin too, especially in his reveal trailer. Even if it were just male Robin, that trailer would have convinced me to go get Awakening and main Robin (and then be sad they didn't add the female option to SSB, but still happy to play as Robin period).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Let's take a moment to admit that Robin's voice is a phone in job in the actual game, he doesn't have them pigtails and his quotes are slightly inferior.

Oh, and F!Robin has freaking Lauren Landa has her VA. I can't see a reason to prefer David Vincent's job over hers.

Shaymikyu

Let's take a moment to admit that Robin's voice is a phone in job in the actual game, he doesn't have them pigtails and his quotes are slightly inferior.

Oh, and F!Robin has freaking Lauren Landa has her VA. I can't see a reason to prefer David Vincent's job over hers.
Which is a shame, because I love his voice in the trailer. It fits him perfectly.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Awakening could've reversed this trope of good-looking protagonists by letting you recruit Excellus.
Also known as Pot of Greed, the character.

It so strange to me that the guy who voices Excellus, a character I absolutely hate, is also the voice of the fabulous Ringabel (Bravely Default), a character I absolutely ADORE. <3

I'm still not sure if I headcanon Robin as a horrible or amazing dancer. Both fit so well.
Well in smash bros 4 s/he's probably a terrible dancer- just look at his dash attack. He/She must've not met Olivia. :p

I see that the scales are not tipped in my favor as a male Robin supporter.
But that's ok, a good tactician has nothing to fear! :4robinm:

...except I'm not that good of a tactician considering that I still suck at mindgames. Looks like in my case I'm never three steps ahead. But hey, there's always time to change fate!

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
I see that the scales are not tipped in my favor as a male Robin supporter.
But that's ok, a good tactician has nothing to fear! :4robinm:

...except I'm not that good of a tactician considering that I still suck at mindgames. Looks like in my case I'm never three steps ahead. But hey, there's always time to change fate!
It's okay. We can stand on the same side of the scale together. :DD

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Gonna be real with you guys.
I am a heterosexual male but :4robinf: is my hero.
Your most certainly not alone, my friend. I too am a heterosexual male and :4robinf: reigns supreme as my main for Smash. :4robinm: had his chance with his one liners and witty dialogue, but :4robinf: slaughtered :4robinm: when it came to being a more personable character.

OH DIVINE TACTICIAN FROM YLISSE, GUIDE ME TO VICTORY!!!!!!!

:4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Aaand here you go.

*GEEK OUT*.

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:.

Now if only this one had a tome in his hand and I would die a happy man. X3.

I can only play has Male Robin. I just feel more comfortable play him. I'm trying to do a female Robin run but I much more prefer male Robin. Plus, he can actually do an MU x Lucina and :4robinf: can't (mother doesn't count). Also, I like his VA more :3

Shaymikyu

Your most certainly not alone, my friend. I too am a heterosexual male and :4robinf: reigns supreme as my main for Smash. :4robinm: had his chance with his one liners and witty dialogue, but :4robinf: slaughtered :4robinm: when it came to being a more personable character.

OH DIVINE TACTICIAN FROM YLISSE, GUIDE ME TO VICTORY!!!!!!!

:4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf::4robinf:
And on the sixth day, Sakurai added female Robin to Super Smash Bros, and there was much merriment.
*GEEK OUT*.

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:.

I can only play has Male Robin. I just feel more comfortable play him. I'm trying to do a female Robin run but I much more prefer male Robin. Plus, he can actually do an MU x Lucina and :4robinf: can't (mother doesn't count). Also, I like his VA more :3
That reminds me of myself, except the opposite. If you can choose a female or male, I always go female. I try to do a male run later, but usually never get too far in it. Note that this doesn't include games where the sole protagonist is male.

I feel bad because I give my male run the least amount of attention. I'm still back at the boats on fire chapter with him while I've long beaten all the non-DLC paralogues and chapters on my first run and am now working on better builds and my third, other female Robin run is already on the chapter where you fight Yen'fay at the volcano. Heck, the poor guy isn't even in my avatar. I tried dyeing his robes yesterday, but I couldn't find a blue different enough from Robin Prime's that didn't look odd. I'll try again.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
*GEEK OUT*.

My goodness, your post just radiates with excitement! It's infectious! X3 :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

I'll admit, I still play as :4robinm: from time to time, especially when I'm paired up with my waifu, Lucina, but :4robinf: has this....

:4robinf:TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!!!

As opposed to this....

:4robinm:
LET'S TIP THE SCALES!

It's a bit of a deal breaker for me to be honest. XD

Of couse whenever I play Fire Emblem: Awakening, I always am :4robinm: because I must marry :4lucina: and that's not changing anytime soon.

:seuss:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Here. Take my attempt to make you die a happy man. (Resolution went down, but I think I got the job done.

HOLY F*************************************. THANK YOU <3. THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOUR THE BEST MAN X3. GOD, I wish I had something to give you, the best I can do is this fanfart I found while looking for an appropriate gif.

Um, just with the hair, is it possible for you to make it the same colour as option 5 in awakening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7UMfe0uw, about 0.52 mark), cause that's more the dark brown of my hair. Also, is it me, or does something feel like it's missing. Hm. I don't, I just feel like I'm abusing you help now. Sorry if I am.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Here. Take my attempt to make you die a happy man. (Resolution went down, but I think I got the job done.)

Huh. I also tried this with a different model. Of course, it's different, but...

Untitled-1.png

Ah well, he's happy with what he has.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
HOLY F*************************************. THANK YOU <3. THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOUR THE BEST MAN X3. GOD, I wish I had something to give you, the best I can do is this fanfart I found while looking for an appropriate gif.

Um, just with the hair, is it possible for you to make it the same colour as option 5 in awakening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7UMfe0uw, about 0.52 mark), cause that's more the dark brown of my hair. Also, is it me, or does something feel like it's missing. Hm. I don't, I just feel like I'm abusing you help now. Sorry if I am.
I'll work on it. I'm really happy like it! Going to brb for a little, and then I'll fix it up.
The fanart is beautiful by the way. - saved - More than adequate payment haha

Top Bottom