• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
ABOUT TIME :4dedede:

I always wanted to see confession portraits for these two: I mean, they are so much the targets of confessions or receiving it from the player's viewpoint.

Wonder what would their (lame) quotes even be?

(Someone try do them before I do, pft)
:4robinf:: I've got your back...in love and in battle.

:4robinm:: You were three steps ahead of me on this one...a worthy spouse indeed.

i suck at this

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do all of these Robin confession lines have to be based around tactics/outwitting opponents?

I know that Robin is a tactician and all, but I don't think that trait defines him/her as much as some of the personality traits of other characters.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Do all of these Robin confession lines have to be based around tactics/outwitting opponents?

I know that Robin is a tactician and all, but I don't think that trait defines him/her as much as some of the personality traits of other characters.
It's not their only trait, but it felt like the one that came up the most in Awakening to me. I haven't played as male Robin enough yet, but female Robin mentions it a lot in her supports, event tiles, and even scramble conversations. I guess you could play up the amnesia thing or the invisible ties thing (which I did in one I posted).

:4robinm:: I may not remember much before, but now that means I have more room to make memories with you.
:4robinf:: My past may be uncertain, but our future is more than bright.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's not their only trait, but it felt like the one that came up the most in Awakening to me. I haven't played as male Robin enough yet, but female Robin mentions it a lot in her supports, event tiles, and even scramble conversations. I guess you could play up the amnesia thing or the invisible ties thing (which I did in one I posted).

:4robinm:: I may not remember much before, but now that means I have more room to make memories with you.
:4robinf:: My past may be uncertain, but our future is more than bright.
True, but do Robin's quotes even have to be based on a specific characteristic? I know a lot of confessions in Awakening are, but at the same time, there are many that are just simple, honest confessions. Since Robin is a character that isn't so defined by a single characteristic like so many of the other characters, I think something more natural would be more fitting.

That's just me, though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

IDK, Awakening just loves to do this stichk on it's characters. But I think it seems really fitting here the most.

Shaymikyu

True, but do Robin's quotes even have to be based on a specific characteristic? I know a lot of confessions in Awakening are, but at the same time, there are many that are just simple, honest confessions. Since Robin is a character that isn't so defined by a single characteristic like so many of the other characters, I think something more natural would be more fitting.

That's just me, though.
True, and I agree that a character like Robin can't really be boiled down to one characteristic. I was just going off the trend of most of the confession lines. Some don't play into their "biggest" trait, though- for instance, Yarne's more has to do with being a Taguel than being a coward (though I guess the whole "going extinct" thing ties into being a Taguel, too).

A lot of entire supports also don't just play off the character's defining trait. I've only C-Supported Gaius and Chrom, but it has nothing to do with his love of sweets. Cherche's support with Lon'qu is more about Lon'qu and doesn't mention Minerva until later, and Cordelia's support with Kellam doesn't mention Chrom once. Same with Tharja not mentioning Robin in her support with Libra. Granted, those supports do play on the other character's main trait (Chrom's royalty, Lon'qu's backstory and fear of women, Kellam's invisibility, Libra's backstory), but still...

Also, another decent one that I almost accidentally S-Supported in my Yarne/Robin run (and was tempted to just go with it- maybe if I ever do another run) is Libra's and F!Robin's. It's probably one of my favorite Robin supports, actually. Libra only mentions the gods at the very end, and Robin never talks about tactics. It's just about them becoming friends over art. Sumia's support with F!Robin is similar. Sumia isn't being a klutz and they just discuss reading books with Sumia getting Robin into novels and showing her insecurities a bit with how she wants to escape to a world where she believes she's stronger.

Folt

Smash Ace
M!Robin has the same supports as well for Libra and Sumia, just that he has an S Support for Sumia and only up to A for Libra.

In general, both Robins share supports up to A if the character is one of those who can marry someone else AND produce a child with that person. The only exceptions to this that I know off so far is Chrom and Lon'qu.

If the character can produce a child only with Robin, the supports tend to be unique.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If the character can produce a child only with Robin, the supports tend to be unique.
So basically, virtually every pairing with :4robinf: barring Chrom.

On the female side, it doesn't sound THAT unique to me if damn near everyone can do it.

Shaymikyu

M!Robin has the same supports as well for Libra and Sumia, just that he has an S Support for Sumia and only up to A for Libra.

In general, both Robins share supports up to A if the character is one of those who can marry someone else AND produce a child with that person. The only exceptions to this that I know off so far is Chrom and Lon'qu.

True, I didn't realize that (well, I knew their Chrom supports were different, anyway, having done both, and I figured Lon'qu would differ because he's afraid of women).

And I was going to mention the 2nd gen supports, but you have me covered already since they can only have a kid with Robin.
So basically, virtually every pairing with :4robinf: barring Chrom.

On the female side, it doesn't sound THAT unique to me if damn near everyone can do it.
I still think a couple of the guys should have had kids connected to them too so we could get more sibling possibilities for M!Morgan.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
True, I didn't realize that (well, I knew their Chrom supports were different, anyway, having done both, and I figured Lon'qu would differ because he's afraid of women).

And I was going to mention the 2nd gen supports, but you have me covered already since they can only have a kid with Robin.

I still think a couple of the guys should have had kids connected to them too so we could get more sibling possibilities for M!Morgan.
On the other hand, not having Lucina as a sibling means M!Morgan can marry her instead and take advantage of his ridiculous skill selection and her Dual Strike+ skill and become the Couple of Death and that owns!

If you're M!Robin, marry someone with a male son and do the same thing as above to get Couple of Death for that side. On the minus side, there's only three potential spouses who give you a Galeforce male, but on the + side, you also get F!Morgan to marry some other guy and maybe another potential couple of destruction.

Shaymikyu

On the other hand, not having Lucina as a sibling means M!Morgan can marry her instead and take advantage of his ridiculous skill selection and her Dual Strike+ skill and become the Couple of Death and that owns!

If you're M!Robin, marry someone with a male son and do the same thing as above to get Couple of Death for that side. On the minus side, there's only three potential spouses who give you a Galeforce male, but on the + side, you also get F!Morgan to marry some other guy and maybe another potential couple of destruction.
I'm doing the former on my Yarne/Robin run. Helps that their supports are adorable.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
For some reason today when I was going through some supports of the children with their parents, they felt more emotional even though I've seen most of them all before. One of the main ones that hit me was Inigo talking with Olivia about his dance routine. Maybe it was due to Olivia and Inigo being some of my better units and therefor I was getting attached to them, or maybe it's just my soft spot since Inigo is one of my favorite children outside of Lucina and Owain. Nontheless I find the children supports with their parents to be either really sweet, or funny.

Also I found this:

Shaymikyu

For some reason today when I was going through some supports of the children with their parents, they felt more emotional even though I've seen most of them all before. One of the main ones that hit me was Inigo talking with Olivia about his dance routine. Maybe it was due to Olivia and Inigo being some of my better units and therefor I was getting attached to them, or maybe it's just my soft spot since Inigo is one of my favorite children outside of Lucina and Owain. Nontheless I find the children supports with their parents to be either really sweet, or funny.

Also I found this:

Even though they're generic supports, I still like the parent and child ones, even for some specific combos. For instance, the Laurent support works so well with Gregor as the father. They truly are almost the opposite, and you'd buy that Gregor would cheer up Laurent like that and trying to teach him to not be so cold. I like Morgan trying to outwit Robin as well, especially when he/she actually nearly succeeds and Robin doesn't let on. The A Support for Cynthia and her father gives me feels as well. Sumia married Gaius in my first run, and it was definitely something seeing the normally snarky guy tear up. I really need to get around to finishing some of those supports up, or rewatching ones I did already.

Also- NOPE NOPE NOPE WRONG. Even if they're my favorite characters in the game, NOPE. Though, if you can remove yourself from the context, that is some really good M!Morgan art.

EDIT: And Owain's support makes a ton of sense with Lon'qu, even if I supported Lissa and Lon'qu together only on my male run. The way his father died makes an interesting parallel to something Lon'qu does in Lissa's supports with him.

I also love the event tiles. Probably one of my favorites is Yarne as Morgan's father where he asks if he wants bunny ears so he can fit in with him. Also, Laurent as Morgan's father getting a headache trying to figure out how that works.

Last edited:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Well, I suppose it could just be a confession between "one" Robin and the Morgan of another. (Time travel-multiverse, remember?) Though that's still kind of creepy... Actually, never mind. Still just as messed up.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
:4roy: Not that some most of Awakening's confession lines weren't cheesy.
Oh really?
“I love you. And no matter what the future holds, I'm going to cherish every moment.”

Yeah, I can do colors. :D Go ahead and take your time.
Ok, I think I have narrow down my chices, however, I still decide, though I wish to have you opinion so I will say my 3 choices.

Note: They all have Brown hair unless I say other wise. Also is it possible to change all the maron parts on their robes to a dark or normal blue, sort of like Robin's map sprite
. And also with the tome on Body type to, could it be wind tome instead of a fire. Please?

1) This one (image) expect with a smiling face (not the one with closed eyes, the more detrimind face smile face).

2) Young Robin with defult hair (like LIQUICFDC) and same face as option one

3) SSB4 Robin model (same hair and body type) but with face type 4 and smiling face.

I hope it's not to much to ask for your thoughts

Shaymikyu

Oh really?
“I love you. And no matter what the future holds, I'm going to cherish every moment.”

Ok, I think I have narrow down my chices, however, I still decide, though I wish to have you opinion so I will say my 3 choices.

Note: They all have Brown hair unless I say other wise. Also is it possible to change all the maron parts on their robes to a dark or normal blue, sort of like Robin's map sprite
. And also with the tome on Body type to, could it be wind tome instead of a fire. Please?

1) This one (image) expect with a smiling face (not the one with closed eyes, the more detrimind face smile face).

3) SSB4 Robin model (same hair and body type) but with face type 4 and smiling face.

I said most, not all.;) As a side note, I like Robin's S-Support with Lucina. The rest of the supports with them are so-so (not bad, just not stand out), but the S-Support is sweet. I mainly like the flowers bit, admittedly (which also shows up in M!Morgan's support with her when they aren't siblings... Further supporting the theory of the Morgans being based off the gender of Robin you didn't choose).

In unrelated news..... yep.
Wait... Backstreet's back... And Roy is there... ROY CONFIRMED FOR DLC.

Robin singing about being original and "the only one" is somehow appropriate, being the first magic-using FE character is SSB.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If anything, Chrom, Lucina, and Robin would be first in line for MK8 DLC.

Milk those three for all they're worth while they're still popular.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Mario Kart 8 DLC with Robin, eh...?

A fan can dream...a fan can dream.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
:4robinm:: Beaten at my own game... At last, someone has outwitted me.
:4robinf:: Now that's strategy!

OR

:4robinm:: We're all connected by invisible ties... But I guess some are stronger than others.
:4robinf:: I'm all out of moves... For once, I've been the one on the other end of a checkmate!

I thought way too hard about all those, and they still stink.:4roy: Not that some most of Awakening's confession lines weren't cheesy.
They may be cheesy, but this is my kind of cheese. :happysheep:

Seriously, they are very well done and I thought they fitted both Robin's quite well, so don't be so hard on yourself. :kirby:

:4robinf:: I've got your back...in love and in battle.

:4robinm:: You were three steps ahead of me on this one...a worthy spouse indeed.

i suck at this
I thought they were rather good. You and @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu seem to have a similar mindset when it comes to your quotes, but I tell you they are not as bad as you feel they are. I thought both were appropriate for both Robin's and as long as you encapsulate's the somewhat cheesy nature of the confessions from Fire Emblem: Awakening, then it's all good. ^_^

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I always used to think that the only reason robin looked so different compared to validar is that he/she was albino and dyed his/her hair.
Or it could be that Robin won the genetic lottery and completely inherited his/her mother's (presumably) good looks.

Of course, the good guys being more or less attractive has always been a common trope in the Fire Emblem series.

Shaymikyu

They may be cheesy, but this is my kind of cheese. :happysheep:

Seriously, they are very well done and I thought they fitted both Robin's quite well, so don't be so hard on yourself. :kirby:

I thought they were rather good. You and @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu seem to have a similar mindset when it comes to your quotes, but I tell you they are not as bad as you feel they are. I thought both were appropriate for both Robin's and as long as you encapsulate the somewhat cheesy nature of the confessions from Fire Emblem: Awakening, then it's all good. ^_^
I enjoy the cheesiness too, to be honest. It's charming.

And thanks!:)
Or it could be that Robin won the genetic lottery and completely inherited his/her mother's (presumably) good looks.

Of course, the good guys being more or less attractive has always been a common trope in the Fire Emblem series.
Obligatory.

I feel like this is true of a lot of games, though. The better-looking a villain, the better chances they have of changing sides.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
On the topic of validar, I still doesn't sit right that he is Robin's father, I still can accept it. There just something about it but I don't know why.

D

Deleted member

In unrelated news..... yep.
I know a lot of people are saying, "Wait, why is Roy there? He isn't in Smash!" However, those people are wrong. Roy DID get in... but he looks drastically different. :4roy: Not being a fighter for nearly 10 years can really change a guy.

If anything, Chrom, Lucina, and Robin would be first in line for MK8 DLC.

Milk those three for all they're worth while they're still popular.
I would totally be down for a playable Robin in MK8; I would probably use him often.
Oh, and a jazzy version of either Together We Ride or Id~Purpose for the track. That is mandatory. :p

I immediately thought of this when I saw Validar tell Robin that he is his/her father.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet

Yes, I can change all the robes to dark blue. The tome can be easily changed to green. Before I give my opinion, let me just say that I can't see the image that you put on option number 1. Did it fail to upload on my side or something? All it says is "(image)".

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Counter example:

Look at that face.
as well.

And, you know?

The bad guyest bad guys who join your side are actually some of the more interesting characters you can recruit. When I played FE8 for the first time, I actually outright killed Cormag without even knowing you could recruit him. It's because they made him seem so genuine. He's really a blood-thirsty, ferocious man. He wants nothing more than cold, dark, vengeance, which really made him stand out among the cutesy cutes and goody goods. Letting him kill Valter is very satisfying.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes, I can change all the robes to dark blue. The tome can be easily changed to green. Before I give my opinion, let me just say that I can't see the image that you put on option number 1. Did it fail to upload on my side or something? All it says is "(image)".
Sorry, I meant this image for option 1.

Yeah, pretty much sums up my reaction.

Hong

The Strongest
I finished the chapter before he could even pop up...go me?
Likewise. I didn't know for sure if the chapter would end after a map clear, so I immediately reset to get more loot and XP.

Good thing, too, because IIRC that old fogey from Carcino shows up on the western end of the map with some precious goods.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
as well.

And, you know?

The bad guyest bad guys who join your side are actually some of the more interesting characters you can recruit. When I played FE8 for the first time, I actually outright killed Cormag without even knowing you could recruit him. It's because they made him seem so genuine. He's really a blood-thirsty, ferocious man. He wants nothing more than cold, dark, vengeance, which really made him stand out among the cutesy cutes and goody goods. Letting him kill Valter is very satisfying.

I don't know the context but that was pretty great considering he just kills the guy in one hit immediately after saying his death would be "slow and agonizing".

Top Bottom