• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So, I attempted to do a colored-robe version of my Yarne!Robin, and I'm sure I screwed up a lot.

Since she married Yarne, maybe I should make her colors match better...

I'll do green-haired Chrom-wife cougar Robin next, and maybe my one male Robin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, I attempted to do a colored-robe version of my Yarne!Robin, and I'm sure I screwed up a lot.

Since she married Yarne, maybe I should make her colors match better...

I'll do green-haired Chrom-wife cougar Robin next, and maybe my one male Robin.
Apart from your supposed color mixup I don't see the screwup.

Shaymikyu

Apart from your supposed color mixup I don't see the screwup.
I just meant things bleeding over.

And it didn't hit me until I was halfway done to try and match the husbands in color, but it took me so long to get to that point I pushed through.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I wish I could have my avatar from awakening, but unfortunately I'm useless at photoshop or anything akin to it. I guess Young Link will do.

Shaymikyu

"There are better places than plant your kiss on the windscreen, you know."

It's funny, because everyone seemed to think Chrom and others would be upset at only being a final smash or something like that, but I always assumed he had no issues with it because hey, he can't get hurt!

Anyway, here's my other Robin.

I'm working on a more Yarne-accurate version of the other Robin, but does anyone know where I can find a transparent graphic like the Taguel banner you get in the Barracks after recruiting Panne? I had no issue finding the exalt and Grima marks, but not that one.

I am referring to the pinkish-purple banner in this picture next to the exalt one.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's funny, because everyone seemed to think Chrom and others would be upset at only being a final smash or something like that, but I always assumed he had no issues with it because hey, he can't get hurt!
The guy already gets his fair amount of silly because he's not already in the fray of already silly and comically painful as hell.
Perhaps my only regrets is to never see him wear bunny or tanooki ears + tail - though one fanart had him having one somewhat

(Besides he already had his literal "screen KO" on the trailer)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
My face whenever I see articles comparing the graphical quality of mutliplatform games across systems:

So, I'm out of the loop/lazy, how does one DACUS on 3DS? I just peeped Robin's in the moveset thread. I'm used to doing it on GCC, so I'm obviously out of my element.

Dash attack into up smash. It's just difficult on the circle pad. Not going to be consistent until we have GC controllers again.

Shaymikyu

The guy already gets his fair amount of silly because he's not already in the fray of already silly and comically painful as hell.
Perhaps my only regrets is to never see him wear bunny or tanooki ears + tail - though one fanart had him having one somewhat

(Besides he already had his literal "screen KO" on the trailer)
That would be amazing.

Anyway, tried a more accurate-to-Yarne's-colors of my younger Robin.

And here's the original with the bunny mark added in.

Not sure which to use in my icon (with the other Chrom Robin I posted earlier).

EDIT: Thinking of making the book blue and shirt red instead of the other way around on my "accurate" one, maybe.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Male Robin's neck's certainly got that 1080p going like :substitute: does, I'll say that much.

Very rigid, very ridgy.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

Anyway, here's my other Robin.

I'm working on a more Yarne-accurate version of the other Robin, but does anyone know where I can find a transparent graphic like the Taguel banner you get in the Barracks after recruiting Panne? I had no issue finding the exalt and Grima marks, but not that one.

I am referring to the pinkish-purple banner in this picture next to the exalt one.
Is there a particular place where people can get a portrait for their custom Avatar?

Edit: And by that I mean an in-game portrait.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
My face whenever I see articles comparing the graphical quality of mutliplatform games across systems:
Wow, you have so many GIFs. :4lucina:
Seriously, I'm impressed. It seems like you have GIF for nearly every situation.

Their necks

Like we know Grima's sporting a long neck, but jeez.
Doesn't really seem abnormally long to me.
It's just the angle and positioning which makes it look a bit odd at first glance.

Hong

The Strongest
Their necks

Like we know Grima's sporting a long neck, but jeez.
I'm pretty sure their upper spine is shattered from the impact against the screen.
That quite literally does not answer my question of "how."
My post quite literally stated it's a dash attack and immediately an upsmash. Dash->hit A->input up smash. The timing window to input the upsmash is a few frames after the dash attack. The people who can do it vaguely reliably on the 3DS are probably using GC adapters.

Shaymikyu

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So, it looks like everyone's showing off what they look like as their "Avatars" in real life. While I've never really considered Robin as someone who I could call myself (because he/she is too distinctive as a character), I have made an attempt to recreate my look in Awakening during my second playthrough.

I thought about using the type 1 build while creating him at one point, but I decided to go with the type 2 build instead because it kind of resembled me more with its choices of hairstyles.

Oh, and I liked how you used Photoshop to change the hues and saturation on your characters' robes, @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu . It's been a while since I used that feature back in high school, and if I still remembered how to use it properly, I would have probably changed the coloration of my cloak as well.

Shaymikyu

So, it looks like everyone's showing off what they look like as their "Avatars" in real life. While I've never really considered Robin as someone who I could call myself (because he/she is too distinctive as a character), I have made an attempt to recreate my look in Awakening during my second playthrough.

I thought about using the type 1 build while creating him at one point, but I decided to go with the type 2 build instead because it kind of resembled me more with its choices of hairstyles.

Oh, and I liked how you used Photoshop to change the hues and saturation on your characters' robes, @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu . It's been a while since I used that feature back in high school, and if I still remembered how to use it properly, I would have probably changed the coloration of my cloak as well.
Thanks! I'm still a Gimp/Photoshop newbie, but I wanted to spice up my Robins a bit.

Anyway, made icons with both versions of the younger Robin, but not sure if husband-accurate one or the first one look better. Once I decide, I'll update my actual icon.

The first one has my favorite colors in it, but I'm kind of partial to her colors matching her husband's as well. The blue book came out nice.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Well, aside from the blonde hair (and brown eyes, though Robin comes preset with those) I usually don't go for recreating myself but to create something that looks cool and good in the used engine. Which can be a lot of work, if the game is crap at making decent looking humans *cough*Elder Scrolls*cough*Dragon Age: Origins*cough*

I wished more games had as much Fashion Designer Online in them as Guild Wars 2 has. And even that game suffers from a few penalties in that regard (mostly very limited/anime looking hairstyles in a game that doesn't really fit that style otherwise).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Well, aside from the blonde hair (and brown eyes, though Robin comes preset with those) I usually don't go for recreating myself but to create something that looks cool and good in the used engine. Which can be a lot of work, if the game is crap at making decent looking humans *cough*Elder Scrolls*cough*Dragon Age: Origins*cough*

I wished more games had as much Fashion Designer Online in them as Guild Wars 2 has. And even that game suffers from a few penalties in that regard (mostly very limited/anime looking hairstyles in a game that doesn't really fit that style otherwise).
Yeah, I almost never try to recreate my appearance in games whenever I have the chance, apart from Miis of course.

Which is probably because like you said, the games that offer this opportunity usually have crappy-looking humans. So in games like the Elder Scrolls, I go for the non-human races instead. Otherwise, I try to create my own original characters.

Shaymikyu

I slightly based my Robins (aside from the guy one I did) off my own appearance, but only slightly. I usually consider them a separate character from myself either way.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
If I wasn't such a rookie at Photoshop, I would surely create myself a Robin avatar designed to look like myself. Sadly, I do not possess those skills, but that's alright, because I'm quite fond of my current avatar as of right now. I will admit though, I'm a bit jelly :3

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I typically base my Robin off of me.

Just so happens that I look so much like the default male Robin that I don't have to worry about getting the right colors. :p

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

And I also agree what was said before about non-human species, but mainly because playing as non-human species is fun. Not that I play too many games with customizing options... Even the Pokémon X and Y customization options were a shock to me after so many years of the protagonist having a set look.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
I wish I could have my avatar from awakening, but unfortunately I'm useless at photoshop or anything akin to it. I guess Young Link will do.
If I wasn't such a rookie at Photoshop, I would surely create myself a Robin avatar designed to look like myself. Sadly, I do not possess those skills, but that's alright, because I'm quite fond of my current avatar as of right now. I will admit though, I'm a bit jelly :3
@ The Merc The Merc and @ S Syrek
I don't mind making the avatars for both of you just for fun. Just tell me what build, what hair... etc.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Robin's toughest opponent in the competitive scene is Rosalina, correct? If that's so, then what we should do is put them together and make the best of both worlds...

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Robin's toughest opponent in the competitive scene is Rosalina, correct? If that's so, then what we should do is put them together and make the best of both worlds...

I would main the heck out of her.

Hong

The Strongest
We'll just have to wait until
falls asleep so we can stuff him into a Luma costume.

Shaymikyu

We'll just have to wait until
falls asleep so we can stuff him into a Luma costume.
Would he mind, though? At least he'd get more fighting time then than as Robin's final smash. Plus, considering his daughter's fashion taste, he's probably used to being shoved into tacky outfits anyway.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wow, you have so many GIFs. :4lucina:
Seriously, I'm impressed. It seems like you have GIF for nearly every situation.

Doesn't really seem abnormally long to me.
It's just the angle and positioning which makes it look a bit odd at first glance.
That's Hong for you. :seuss:

And I agree, their necks don't seem to be too odd. In addition to the angle and positioning, I think it may also have to do with the fact that we aren't actually used to seeing Robin's neck. He/She has that collar and hood obscuring his/her neck most of the time, after all.

Hong

The Strongest
It's not fair to compare Chrom and Luma. One just exists as a side character in his game of origin that her master commands as she sees fit, and only really exists as an expendable tool to occasionally absorb shots and attempt to be a hindrance to the enemy...

And the other is a star sprite from the reaches of space. :4dedede:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's not fair to compare Chrom and Luma. One just exists as a side character in his game of origin that her master commands as she sees fit, and only really exists as an expendable tool to occasionally absorb shots and attempt to be a hindrance to the enemy...

Let's be fair here. Chrom was, and I do stress WAS

a rising star until Robin/Lucina took over his stardom. :4dedede:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

This amuses me because when I first beat Awakening, Chrom was my best unit, and Robin solely supported him instead of battling much herself.

Now, on that original file, Robin has long surpassed him and he mostly is her support, and LAURENT of all characters is probably my most deadly unit, with Morgan being no slouch either and Yarne showing potential already (and to a lesser extent, Kjelle). Gregor taught him well. Meanwhile, on my other two files, Chrom is basically just there out of necessity in most fights with Sully and Stahl (and likely Morgan once she grows) stealing the show in my male file and Yarne, Robin, and Frederick with his wife Sumia stealing it in my third file, and Tharja climbing the ranks along with Gregor as well.

Top Bottom