• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Okay after doing another round of her, forget my doubt. ZSS is my second main after Robin for sure. She just feels so smooth and natural to me. ZSS is the type of character I normally main flat out, but it's kind of fun trying a different character. Plus, Robin has those projectiles that I always love in a character.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
When the Wii U version comes out, someone has to use the doodle option, draw Grima, and use Robin's final smash to send Chrom right into Grima. :4wario:
Consider it done!... If I ever get a WIiU that is. :(

As for mains I only truly feel comfortable playing Robin, but once I a while I go mess around with others. I don't have a solid secondary though.
As for the characters I like to mess around with, they would be all the other FE characters, shulk,
The pokemon, duck hunt, Ganon, ZSS, mario, little Mac, and Pacman.

My favorite character other than Robin has got to be random though. :)

Edit: I also have not so surprise drawings for the glasses wearing tacticians here, but I have to get them colored first. Bring in the avatars! :p

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This is making me want to play Uprising again and beat all the chapters at 9.0, but Hades's Heart and Pit's body and Possessed Palutena and Dyntos and Arlon hate my guts.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
This is making me want to play Uprising again and beat all the chapters at 9.0, but Hades's Heart and Pit's body and Possessed Palutena and Dyntos and Arlon hate my guts.
Oh, don't even get me started on Hade's Heart. OR HADE'S HIMSELF

(the final battle, not character)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I would like Ridley to be a thing just so you could be happy. :104:
Whether it be DLC, Smash 6, or Project M, it doesn't make a difference to me at this point. I just want this whole charade to end so that I can stop seeing arguments against his inclusion pop up, ending this unpleasant chapter in our Smash lives. That, and he seems to be the kind of character that would probably fit my playstyle, which is another reason why I'd like to play as him.

Unfortunately, considering how Nintendo seems to treat Metroid nowadays, I don't think it might happen officially for quite a while. I should probably consider myself fortunate that I'm also a fan of Fire Emblem, the Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon, all of which are franchises that get their fair share of attention.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Even as someone unfamiliar with Metroid, I like Ridley and am all for his inclusion. The arguments that surround him have started to get obnoxious. If and when he's included, I'll be as relieved as when Mewtwo was revealed and we could finally stop arguing over that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Even as someone unfamiliar with Metroid, I like Ridley and am all for his inclusion. The arguments that surround him have started to get obnoxious. If and when he's included, I'll be as relieved as when Mewtwo was revealed and we could finally stop arguing over that.
Yeah. I mean, if Ridley is too big, that Olimar is definitely too small. Though, after seeing that Project M vid with Ridley in it, he does look kind of big and OP.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Yeah. I mean, if Ridley is too big, that Olimar is definitely too small. Though, after seeing that Project M vid with Ridley in it, he does look kind of big and OP.
Yeah, I honestly never bought the too big argument until I saw that one video on him where his boss moves in Brawl were modified to try and make him playable.

Still, I think it's doable. Pikachu is a lot smaller in Pokémon, for instance. He usually only comes up to someone's knee, not half their height like here.

Anyway, I'll mention it here since I said it elsewhere- I finally beat the Priam Paralogue and therefore all the non-DLC chapters and paralogues. My first couple tries against him were a glorious failure, but after regrouping and building some of my units up more, I tore through his army without breaking a sweat. Naga bless broken Sorcerer Laurent fathered by Gregor. Now I can focus on the DLC and just finishing my units so they're as good as I can make them.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, I honestly never bought the too big argument until I saw that one video on him where his boss moves in Brawl were modified to try and make him playable.

Still, I think it's doable. Pikachu is a lot smaller in Pokémon, for instance. He usually only comes up to someone's knee, not half their height like here.

Anyway, I'll mention it here since I said it elsewhere- I finally beat the Priam Paralogue and therefore all the non-DLC chapters and paralogues. My first couple tries against him were a glorious failure, but after regrouping and building some of my units up more, I tore through his army without breaking a sweat. Naga bless broken Sorcerer Laurent fathered by Gregor. Now I can focus on the DLC and just finishing my units so they're as good as I can make them.
Wait, what difficulty setting?

Shaymikyu

Wait, what difficulty setting?
Normal Casual, because I am a loser. Also, this was my first run in a FE game ever, so I started out soft. I might try harder one day.

Still, the difficulty doesn't make Streetpassed units any easier. Some of the people I've Streetpassed I barely could stand against, let alone win.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Normal Casual, because I am a loser. Also, this was my first run in a FE game ever, so I started out soft. I might try harder one day.

Still, the difficulty doesn't make Streetpassed units any easier. Some of the people I've Streetpassed I barely could stand against, let alone win.
Yeah, I'm the same. I just starting a Hard play through (my first one) and I am worried how I am going to have enough money for the game to keep buy gear and seals.

Also, quick question, when ever you start a new file, even if you change your MU appearance (exception being from male to female or visa versa), do you use the same name or come up with a new name to use?

Shaymikyu

Yeah, I'm the same. I just starting a Hard play through (my first one) and I am worried how I am going to have enough money for the game to keep buy gear and seals.

Also, quick question, when ever you start a new file, even if you change your MU appearance (exception being from male to female or visa versa), do you use the same name or come up with a new name to use?
You can use a different name each time. For my three files so far (the other two I'm in the middle of the story still), I used my name for the green-haired one in my icon, a pet's name for the male Robin (not in my icon- he's Build 1 but with slicked up brown hair), and Robin for the pigtail redhead in my icon.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You can use a different name each time. For my three files so far (the other two I'm in the middle of the story still), I used my name for the green-haired one in my icon, a pet's name for the male Robin (not in my icon- he's Build 1 but with slicked up brown hair), and Robin for the pigtail redhead in my icon.
Okay, cause for my run through, I am doing MU x Nowi (mostly for the conversation unlock) and I am stuck on if I should use Build 1 or 2 (One looks cool but 2 makes me feel more comfortable in this run through) and what his name should be (not great at think up names)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm in this weird niche where I don't consider Robin to be myself but still consider Morgan to be my 'daughter'.
I hope Robin isn't stingy.
Well that's....... weird. How come you think that? Is it because you consider Robin is My Unit (Your Unit) and not just another Avatar.

D

Deleted member

My mains have been on and off. Though, I decided on three.
:4luigi:My eternal main, my favorite video game character of all time, need I say more? Well, other than I love his new juggling and combo abilities in this iteration.
:4shulk:What surprised me the most when I played in For Glory in the first few weeks was how decent I was with Shulk. Shulk garnered me more wins than Pit and Robin did and, as a result, I stuck with him. I love his aerials and Monado Arts since they add a whole new depth to his gameplay. He's a bit complex as a character, but that appeals to me, especially when his gameplay reminds me of Xenoblade. I guess you can say that "I'm really feeling it!"
:4greninja:When it came to mains, I didn't intend on maining Greninja and his gameplay and trailer didn't impress me as other newcomers (which is a shame since I love Greninja). A friend of mine suggested that I should play up Greninja since I love to combo and juggle and he clicked with me even more, especially his speed and his combo ability. He recently became one of my mains.

Unfortunately for :4robinm:, I dropped him. :( As much as I love Robin as a character and Fire Emblem: Awakening, I couldn't main him. Robin doesn't suit my gameplay style and I struggled with him in most of the fights that I was in. I will try to see if I can play as him on the Wii U version since I feel as though the 3DS version is holding him back (especially Levin Sword aerials being hard to do).
Even when I dropped him, he is still a fun character. After the main three, I play as Robin.

So this vaguely has anything to do with Robin or Fire Emblem: Awakening, except for the music, but I'd thought I'd share this video with you all anyways.

I'll give you all a little teaser. You could say I'm really feeling it! :4shulk:

This makes me wish that Shulk was a DLC character for FE:A.

I'm in this weird niche where I don't consider Robin to be myself but still consider Morgan to be my 'daughter'.
I hope Robin isn't stingy.
I am also in that weird niche to be honest.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Normal Casual, because I am a loser.
We are both losers then. I have no patience or willpower to play a game in anything other than Normal or even Easy/Casual/Whatever at times.

The Souls and Monster Hunter series are enough for me, as far as hard games are concerned.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Secondaries include :4villagerf:and :4pacman: mostly. Sometimes I mix in :4lucina:, :4marth: and :4palutena: along with :4kirby: and as of late :4shulk:.

Pacster is still too fun and has sweet utility. I still need to know how to use them in a way that the opponent doesn't take advantage of them.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My main is and will always be Marth, but Robin is still fun to play now and then.I also like to wheel out Captain Falcon sometimes for a laugh. (I dunno what to class Lucina as, since she can't replace Marth, or even be played alongside him at a serious level, but I still play her sometimes when the mood takes me)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Whether it be DLC, Smash 6, or Project M, it doesn't make a difference to me at this point. I just want this whole charade to end so that I can stop seeing arguments against his inclusion pop up, ending this unpleasant chapter in our Smash lives. That, and he seems to be the kind of character that would probably fit my playstyle, which is another reason why I'd like to play as him.
the amount of hate when Ridley was finally disconfirmed was disgusting, I seriously can't believe such a relatively reasonable character to want to be added receives so much fuss in a world where people want to see all of Mario's pointless party/sports buddies.
I'll try my best to main Robin once I can get my hands around the WiiU version, I usually stick enough with someone I want to main to use him somewhat decently in the end, if I could do it with Sonic in Brawl and Aigis in P4A, I'm sure I can do it with my favorite tactician here. I kinda wish there was a stage based on Grima's back rather than either of the new stages we got in 3DS or WiiU, but ah well, it was an unlikely event

Folt

Smash Ace
I main :4luigi:(my eternal main), :4robinm:(first new real main I've picked up), and :4miigun:(based on my own Mii).

I have some secondaries as well, though I've got to remember to edit my sig again to reflect some changes.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I always play on Classic mode in Fire Emblem Awakening.

The game already makes you do simple, mundane strategies like pairing up units and watching them destroy everyone in sight as part of the objectives (which make up 99% of all chapters in this game), so why should I try out Casual mode?

Consider me part of the old-school master race. :4marth:

Folt

Smash Ace
I played on hard-classic as I was afraid Normal was just easy mode with a new name :090:
To be fair, it might as well be.

I also like playing on hard because of the skills certain bosses get, which make them much more enjoyable on that mode.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Was just at GameStop preordering the Sm4sh U stuff when this woman came in and grabbed Awakening off the shelves.

When asked if this is all she intended to get, she said she just got around to watching her friend use Robin in Smash 3DS, and watching the Robin Smash trailer, and immediately wanted to get Awakenkmg and try it out.

The hype is still real.

Top Bottom