• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Can agree about that Robin looks good in the camera

Also since we're talking about :4robinf:, thought I'd throw in a funny snapshot I got of :4charizard:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I kind of want to do a photo session with the red and green Robins. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime.

Also, some of my favorite non-Robin ones.

Let's see how many people get this one.

And finally, completely unrelated to SSB, but this makes me chuckle like an immature idiot every time I see this picture.
Maybe I should go remind my town that I exist.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Female Robin is so photogenic, I swear.

She poses so well with Lucina, too.

Maybe I should try to actually fight more and not try and take one thousand pictures.
Hahahaha! XD It's all good! ^_^ Part of the fun of Smash Bros. is all the crazy things you can do so why not take one thousand pictures of your favourite character. I'm sure it's going to be even worse for you when the Wii U version comes out since Robin will be in HD and you can draw on your photos. I can't wait! :chuckle:

Shaymikyu

Hahahaha! XD It's all good! ^_^ Part of the fun of Smash Bros. is all the crazy things you can do so why not take one thousand pictures of your favourite character. I'm sure it's going to be even worse for you when the Wii U version comes out since Robin will be in HD and you can draw on your photos. I can't wait! :chuckle:
If I get the Wii U one around Christmas, I swear I'll spend half my time with that doodling on photos part.

And the HD just looks gorgeous. The 3DS pictures are fine, but they aren't treated as well when not viewed on a 3DS.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I kind of want to do a photo session with the red and green Robins. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime.

Also, some of my favorite non-Robin ones.

Let's see how many people get this one.

And finally, completely unrelated to SSB, but this makes me chuckle like an immature idiot every time I see this picture.
Maybe I should go remind my town that I exist.
Well your certainly more creative at taking pics within Smash Bros. than I am. :ohwell:

Oh crap! You just reminded me! I need too need to remind my town in ACNL that I exist as well! :surprised: I haven't played that game in at least 6 months. Isabelle's gonna be piiisssed! :(

If I get the Wii U one around Christmas, I swear I'll spend half my time with that doodling on photos part.

And the HD just looks gorgeous. The 3DS pictures are fine, but they aren't treated as well when not viewed on a 3DS.
Likewise. I may not be good at drawing, but that won't stop me from creating funny photos between Robin and Lucina. :seuss:

It truly does. Makes it easier to appreciate a photo unlike the 3DS which doesn't convey as much emotion or feeling due to the graphical limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaymikyu

Well your certainly more creative at taking pics within Smash Bros. than I am. :ohwell:

Oh crap! You just reminded me! I need too need to remind my town in ACNL that I exist! :surprised: I haven't played that game in at least 6 months. Isabelle's gonna be piiisssed! :(
I think half my town moved away.

And I'm sure yours are fine, or you spend more time actually playing the game than me.:4diddy:

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Meanwhile I'm here awaiting the WiiU version just so that I can start playing. I've been playing on my friend's 3DS whenever he lends it to me.

I'll then be able to contribute to the wonderful photo galleries on here. :DD

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I think half my town moved away.

And I'm sure yours are fine, or you spend more time actually playing the game than me.:4diddy:
Yeah, I suspect that will be the case for my town as well.

We shall see. I didn't invest hundreds of hours into my town but I did put a great deal of effort into it. Alright, starting tomorrow, I'm going to play ACNL and see how bad the collateral damage is.

How many hours have you spent in ACNL? :4villager:

Shaymikyu

Yeah, I suspect that will be the case for my town as well.

We shall see. I didn't invest hundreds of hours into my town but I did put a great deal of effort into it. Alright, starting tomorrow, I'm going to play ACNL and see how bad the collateral damage is.

How many hours have you spent in ACNL? :4villager:
I can't give an exact answer since I've switched 3DSes from my original to a blue Pokémon one since I got NL, but I'd say quite a few. I get the itch to play it in the summer, then fall comes and I forget about it for the next half of the year.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Meanwhile I'm here awaiting the WiiU version just so that I can start playing. I've been playing on my friend's 3DS whenever he lends it to me.

I'll then be able to contribute to the wonderful photo galleries on here. :DD
Excellent! We look forward to that day! ^_^ I too shall do my part in contributing photos of Robin and his/her many adventures. :seuss:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I can't give an exact answer since I've switched 3DSes from my original to a blue Pokémon one since I got NL, but I'd say quite a few. I get the itch to play it in the summer, then fall comes and I forget about it for the next half of the year.
Hahahaha! XD That sounds exactly how I played ACNL, more or less. I got better at playing it earlier this year, then fell short again and forgot about it unfortunately.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
As someone else who has gone through not playing ACNL for over a couple months, I almost felt ashamed when I went back into the game. I had bad weed issues, one of my favorite characters left town, and above all my hair was a mess. But yeah, I really need to go back and play, since I usually only play it about once a week now. I was thinking about modeling my character to look after my favorite Villager texture since we already share the same eyes. (I was gonna model after the male with the blue shirt, who my friends and I joke that he's high on drugs)

Shaymikyu

Oh Chrom, no need to make Robin you test dumby just cause you didn't make it into smash :seuss:
Well, that would have resolved Awakening quickly.

Though, I guess Validar would still wreak havoc and the time-traveling Grima would still be around to mess everything up anyway.
As someone else who has gone through not playing ACNL for over a couple months, I almost felt ashamed when I went back into the game. I had bad weed issues, one of my favorite characters left town, and above all my hair was a mess. But yeah, I really need to go back and play, since I usually only play it about once a week now. I was thinking about modeling my character to look after my favorite Villager texture since we already share the same eyes. (I was gonna model after the male with the blue shirt, who my friends and I joke that he's high on drugs)
That happened to me, too. I miss Buck still... I might try and play it weekly, but AC is a game I need to immerse myself in more to enjoy and can't just hop in and out of. Pokémon, SSB, and FE:A I can just poke in and out sometimes for something quick, like the Barracks for a birthday or a quick SSB bout.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So this vaguely has anything to do with Robin or Fire Emblem: Awakening, except for the music, but I'd thought I'd share this video with you all anyways.

I'll give you all a little teaser. You could say I'm really feeling it! :4shulk:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
By the way, for anyone who mains Robin, who are your secondaries and why?
:4robinf: , :4lucina: and :4shulk:are my mains, mostly because Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles are two of my favourite games of all time. As for secondaries, I usually play as :4pit:, :4palutena:, and :4darkpit: because Kid Icarus: Uprising also happens to be one of my favourite games of all time. Essentially, my mains and secondaries are based around the games I love rather than if they are top tier characters or whatever. Even if I have difficulty with they're moves, I adapt and grow accustomed to them because when it comes down to it for me, I play my favourite video game characters no matter what. ^_^ The great thing about my mains and secondaries is that they are a blast to play with so that's an added bonus for me.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
:4greninja: since I was going to pick him anyway out of my sheer love that developed for him in my run through Pokemon Y.
:4falcon: since I've played him in ever Smash game since 64
:4lucina:because she's an FE: Awakening rep, and I like her style over :4marth:.
:4charizard:+:4pikachu: because Pokemon.

Shaymikyu

In no specific order:
:4darkpit:: His Electro Arm won me over on him, though I think I'm moving away from him now since I'm not into the rest of his moveset.
:4duckhunt:: He won me over immediately, and his playstyle is fun and creative. Plus, he's adorable.
:4greninja:: I love Pokémon, plus I tend to do well with nimble characters (hence why I'm shocked I love :4robinf: so much).
:4lucina:: Marth was always one of my secondaries, but between knowing the character better and just how easy she is to pick up, I adore Lucina.
:4miibrawl:: Her recovery is garbage, but other than that, she's just a powerhouse and it's easy to make opponents go flying.
:4ness:: He's the closest we have to :lucas:. I like his projectiles and lightness, and his smashes.
:4palutena:: Again, like :4darkpit:, might be moving away from her, but she moves very nicely and her smashes are great when they connect.
:4pikachu:: For old time's sake- he's my original main.
:rosalina:: She's strong but not sluggish, and Luma is useful once you get the hang of it.
:4shulk:: Probably my second or third best. His modes make him so versatile and he can get in attacks pretty easily for me.
:4villagerf:: I was so-so with her at first, but she's getting better with me. Mainly, I like her smashes, even if they are a bit slow for me and hard to connect at times (maybe it's just me).
:4wiifit:: The biggest surprise at all. I like her projectiles, and her movement. The only thing keeping her from being a full on main is how annoying her smashes can be to connect (this might be me, though- Lucas's up smash spoiled me).
:4zss:: Probably my second best character. She's nimble, can attack nicely up close and from afar, and is no longer tethered to :4samus:.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So this vaguely has anything to do with Robin or Fire Emblem: Awakening, except for the music, but I'd thought I'd share this video with you all anyways.

I'll give you all a little teaser. You could say I'm really feeling it! :4shulk:

That was beautiful in every way possible.
NOW IT'S ROBIN TIME! You can't make a rainbow without Robin :4robinm: i really hope someone here has played xenoblade and knows what im talking about
Shulk and Robin are my mains because Xenoblade Chronicles and FEA are my first and second favorite game ever, respectively. My secondaries are Lucina because well, she's awesome and I loved her in FEA, and Rosalina cuz she was my most wanted newcomer waaay before I ever played Xenoblade or Awakening. I know those might not sound like good answers as to why, but I choose my characters because I like who they are rather than how they play, I just end up liking and adapting to their playstyle over time.
:4shulk: / :4robinm: / :4lucina: / :rosalina: all help cover some of eachothers weaknesses with certain matchups, too.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have dabbled only a little bit with other characters during the initial 'main finding process'.

I have made a promise to myself to use only Robin in tournament until at least February, no matter how hard the match-ups are. I intend to figure them out.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That was beautiful in every way possible.
NOW IT'S ROBIN TIME! You can't make a rainbow without Robin :4robinm: i really hope someone here has played xenoblade and knows what im talking about

Shulk and Robin are my mains because Xenoblade Chronicles and FEA are my first and second favorite game ever, respectively. My secondaries are Lucina because well, she's awesome and I loved her in FEA, and Rosalina cuz she was my most wanted newcomer waaay before I ever played Xenoblade or Awakening. I know those might not sound like good answers as to why, but I choose my characters because I like who they are rather than how they play, I just end up liking and adapting to their playstyle over time.
:4shulk: / :4robinm: / :4lucina: / :rosalina: all help cover some of eachothers weaknesses with certain matchups, too.
Oh, I know exactly what your talking about, so don't worry, my friend. ^_^

Hey, there's nothing wrong with your answers. That's exactly why I choose my mains and secondaries. It's perfectly fine to choose your characters based on the characters within they're respective games and for how much you like they're franchise.

Shaymikyu

Oh, I know exactly what your talking about, so don't worry, my friend. ^_^

Hey, there's nothing wrong with your answers. That's exactly why I choose my mains and secondaries. It's perfectly fine to choose your characters based on the characters within they're respective games and for how much you like they're franchise.
While my secondaries are usually based on how well I play them, my main is always a character I love outside of SSB. And if they aren't a character I know outside of it, I try to find out about them eventually, like Robin.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, I main Robin along side :4tlink: but my secondaries are

:4falcon::4pit::4lucina: ?:4sonic::4shulk::4miisword:? (?= still deciding)

and why because they are all really fun to play and are incredible awesome

Especially Captain Falcon X3

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
:4lucina: and :4shulk: mostly because Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles are two of my favourite games of all time. That's basically what it boils down to for me. They just so happen to feel very fun in terms of playable characters.
I have to say that Lucina's color palettes are the best. I haven't really toyed with Shulk very much yet, but I think I totally will now.
My secondary depends on my mood, really.
But it's usually :4pit:/:4darkpit:/:4rob:/:4sonic:/:4dedede:
How are the two Pits? Do you prefer one over the other?

:4greninja: since I was going to pick him anyway out of my sheer love that developed for him in my run through Pokemon Y.
:4falcon: since I've played him in ever Smash game since 64
:4lucina:because she's an FE: Awakening rep, and I like her style over :4marth:.
:4charizard:+:4pikachu: because Pokemon.
Pokemon Y is such a fun game. Looks like Lucina is surprisingly popular! And here I thought she was disliked by all the hate about a "Marth clone"
In no specific order:
:4darkpit:: His Electro Arm won me over on him, though I think I'm moving away from him now since I'm not into the rest of his moveset.
:4duckhunt:: He won me over immediately, and his playstyle is fun and creative. Plus, he's adorable.
:4greninja:: I love Pokémon, plus I tend to do well with nimble characters (hence why I'm shocked I love :4robinf: so much).
:4lucina:: Marth was always one of my secondaries, but between knowing the character better and just how easy she is to pick up, I adore Lucina.
:4miibrawl:: Her recovery is garbage, but other than that, she's just a powerhouse and it's easy to make opponents go flying.
:4ness:: He's the closest we have to :lucas:. I like his projectiles and lightness, and his smashes.
:4palutena:: Again, like :4darkpit:, might be moving away from her, but she moves very nicely and her smashes are great when they connect.
:4pikachu:: For old time's sake- he's my original main.
:rosalina:: She's strong but not sluggish, and Luma is useful once you get the hang of it.
:4shulk:: Probably my second or third best. His modes make him so versatile and he can get in attacks pretty easily for me.
:4villagerf:: I was so-so with her at first, but she's getting better with me. Mainly, I like her smashes, even if they are a bit slow for me and hard to connect at times (maybe it's just me).
:4wiifit:: The biggest surprise at all. I like her projectiles, and her movement. The only thing keeping her from being a full on main is how annoying her smashes can be to connect (this might be me, though- Lucas's up smash spoiled me).
:4zss:: Probably my second best character. She's nimble, can attack nicely up close and from afar, and is no longer tethered to :4samus:.
Wow, thanks for typing that all up. Really interesting! I've always liked how nimble ZSS is. Any advice when playing her?

I can definitely see covering weaknesses there. Haha those are perfectly good reasons why! If you like the character you're bound to spend more time on that character anyway. Hence, practice = getting better. I was really excited to try out Rosalina but the Luma mechanic throws me off.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
:4lucina: and :4shulk: mostly because Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles are two of my favourite games of all time. That's basically what it boils down to for me. They just so happen to feel very fun in terms of playable characters.
Lucina for more aggression than what Robin could do.
Zelda because I have always had this good feel for Zelda even in Brawl and now that I know how to use Din's Fire and her d-air meteor, I've grown to love her more.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't really have a preference for either of the Pits. Vanilla Pit has the better arrows and feels like he has the better followups after Dthrow, but I feel like Cookies n' Cream Pit has the better Side Special, at least for what I want to do after the hit connects.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I have to say that Lucina's color palettes are the best. I haven't really toyed with Shulk very much yet, but I think I totally will now.

How are the two Pits? Do you prefer one over the other?

Pokemon Y is such a fun game. Looks like Lucina is surprisingly popular! And here I thought she was disliked by all the hate about a "Marth clone"

Wow, thanks for typing that all up. Really interesting! I've always liked how nimble ZSS is. Any advice when playing her?

I can definitely see covering weaknesses there. Haha those are perfectly good reasons why! If you like the character you're bound to spend more time on that character anyway. Hence, practice = getting better. I was really excited to try out Rosalina but the Luma mechanic throws me off.
Pokémon X and Y are awesome! I haven't put so many hours into a Pokémon game since third gen or so.

And hmm, that's tough because she's always come easy to me. The moment I heard she was no longer part of Samus, I knew she'd be one of my top characters, if not my main (this was pre-Robin, mind you- the moment I saw that trailer, it was "this awesome magic user unless Lucas comes back"). The most I can think of is to learn to keep up with her. She's the kind of character that you basically have to move with and not plan everything- you're always on your feet. Also, if you play with Smash Balls on, her Final Smash can be a pain to use (the one think I'm still learning), so aiming might take practice.

And Lucina's palettes are indeed the best.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I just realized I didn't actually quote the user who originally asked that question...ehh...not important.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't really have a preference for either of the Pits. Vanilla Pit has the better arrows and feels like he has the better followups after Dthrow, but I feel like Cookies n' Cream Pit has the better Side Special, at least for what I want to do after the hit connects.
i thought it was Dark Chocolate Pit?

Top Bottom