• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Can we have an FE game with Knoll as the lead please?

Reasons:

A) Dark Mage Lead

B) A Return to Magvel (SS is best)

C) Knoll is my favorite male character in the franchise.

Well, since that would basically be something along the lines of an SS sequel, I would think it'd be interesting to have a Bandit lead if the next FE game is a new nation altogether.

I feel like that would be interesting.

Or a manakete, because manaketes are the best.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD I'M DYING.
This is freaking beautiful!
I wonder if Sakurai read some posts about Chrom since a lot of them were referenced here.

EDIT: "Everyone Picks on Chrom Day" will never end, will it? Perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

OH MY GOD I'M DYING.
Oh my... God...

This is hilariously tragic. I can only imagine how Chrom fans feel right now...

Though I must say, they really did capture Chrom's character well.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
2012 - 2014

R.I.P Chrom

I guess there's nothing to save him now, he's gonna be a memetic buttmonkey forever until new FE comes along.
:laugh:

(I have completely given up on him now though. I'm actually disappointed that I had to go through this trip as his fan.)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
2012 - 2014

R.I.P Chrom

I guess there's nothing to save him now, he's gonna be a memetic buttmonkey forever until new FE comes along.

(I have completely given up on him now though. I'm actually disappointed that I had to go through this trip as his fan.)
Sorry about that. I know how much this sort of thing bothers you.

At the very least, he's not portrayed here as some sort of wimp like Robin's trailer may have done. The way Chrom acts is very true to his original character; cool, confident, but with a goofy side to him. Plus, he does get his chance to be awesome when Robin uses his/her Final Smash. Things could be worse for him, really.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sorry about that. I know how much this sort of thing bothers you.

At the very least, he's not portrayed here as some sort of wimp like Robin's trailer may have done. The way Chrom acts is very true to his original character; cool, confident, but with a goofy side to him. Plus, he does get his chance to be awesome when Robin
uses his/her Final Smash. Things could be worse for him, really.
I guess so, but the problem is that not much above matters to the most of the fans, both in FE and Smash. He'll be the stock joke for being an "unplayable character" from now on so much that it's gonna be his only defining thing (so basically, he truly now is "bland swordsman of Marth combined with Ike").

Of course, the joke's punchline seems to be :4darkpit:, but that again has me seeing that Chrom apparently was made only for materialistic purposes of a fan (sociopathic humor and somewhat sexualized character as well) because arguing about the above would only mean I didn't get the joke and am instead salty. I mean, the guy even loses his temper to some degree in the middle as well, which makes the joke only funny for those loving Chrom for seeing him suffer for humoristic purposes. Sadly I'm not fan of such characters so I might not stick around with Chrom, if that's gonna be his "tic" (and most likely will now be). I could like point out so many bright things on his side for not being playable but that would ruin the point of his "role" in Smash apparently for most of these fanbases in Smash seeing him like this, would it?

Sorry about that, I don't want you guys to lose your amusement with this since you were Robin's supporters. I guess it just comes back biting me that I liked the guy for being such a good fellow and companion, but now is merely becoming the playpet of hypocritical jokes and perhaps being exemplified as a bland swordsman character to extreme. That is now truer than true at this point, and I might not look much into him unless he truly gets evolved (which likely won't happen unless SMT x FE comes along doing so, but I now wish they don't make him anything like Ike or other "compared characters" Chrom has been degraded about as of today)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Devine Decree is my favorite song from Awakening.... but I'm getting the original theme and Id ~ Purpose, so I'm satisfied.

BTW, anyone know how I can play some of the older FE games? I'm looking for a copy of Shadow Dragon, and anything older.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Devine Decree is my favorite song from Awakening.... but I'm getting the original theme and Id ~ Purpose, so I'm satisfied.

BTW, anyone know how I can play some of the older FE games? I'm looking for a copy of Shadow Dragon, and anything older.
Wel Divine Decree still could be in Smash Bros. Wii U. The default song list was only revealed today, not the complete list of songs. And given that there's at least over 100 songs to collect, I have a feeling we'll get more Fire Emblem: Awakening music. All I want now is Divine Decree (Ablaze) and Don't Speak Her Name! If I can ge those two songs, I will be quite satisfied. ^_^

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I refuse to spoil myself until the 21st.

No amount of potential hilarity can make me see them insult Chrom.

But I really want to... Sorry @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ .

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I too was a full time supporter of Chrom (back when he was still just Krom to us, as Awakening hadn't even been confirmed for localization, yet), and this is hilarious!

"You and Ike are too similar!"
:4darkpit:...
"You don't even have Aether for a move!"
What happened to him being too much like Ike?!?

It hurts me so, but I DO love the Convo. Matt is golden as always.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
2012 - 2014

R.I.P Chrom

If it's any consolation, I still love Chrom's design and roles in Awakening.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
-Fire Emblem Theme
-Fire Emblem
-Shadow Dragon Medley
-Coliseum Series Medley
-Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden)
-With Mila's Divine Protection
-Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Medley
-Meeting Theme Series Medley
-Attack
-Preparing to Advance
-Crimean Army Sortie
-Against the Dark Knight
-Victory is Near
-Time of Action
-The Devoted
-Duty (Ablaze)
-Id (Purpose)

As well as the Conquest Ablaze remix we knew beforehand.

Fire Emblem struck gold with the music.
NO THARJA'S THEME?! NO FIRE EMBLEM SLAMWAKENING? NO DON'T SLAM HER NAME?! -11110000000/10

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It hurts me so, but I DO love the Convo. Matt is golden as always.
It's almost a little disorienting hearing Chrom talk so much. Most of his dialogue is limited to a few words from conversations, some more serious lines in cutscenes, and his confession; we haven't had much of a chance to hear how Chrom sounds in a normal conversation. He sounds quite lighthearted, in my opinion, and I find it rather refreshing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's almost a little disorienting hearing Chrom talk so much. Most of his dialogue is limited to a few words from conversations, some more serious lines in cutscenes, and his confession; we haven't had much of a chance to hear how Chrom sounds in a normal conversation. He sounds quite lighthearted, in my opinion, and I find it rather refreshing.
I noticed the same thing. I got a distinct feeling of "This is NOT Chrom" from the sound of his voice..

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
NO THARJA'S THEME?! NO FIRE EMBLEM SLAMWAKENING? NO DON'T SLAM HER NAME?! -11110000000/10
Well there's at least 100 pieces of music to unlock within the game, so I'm certain we'll see at least two more Awakening songs. As for what they may be, I hope that they are Divine Decree (Ablaze) and Don't Speak Her Name!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well there's at least over 100 pieces of music to unlock within the game, so I'm certain we'll see at least two more Awakening songs. As for what they may be, I hope that they are Divine Decree (Ablaze) and Don't Speak Her Name!
They better be in there. I need my to get my Slam on.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
They better be in there. I need my to get my Slam on.
Don't worry, :4robinm: will tip the scales and :4lucina: will challenge her fate just so we get some more Awakening music.

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE!!! :4lucina::4lucina::4lucina::4lucina::4lucina::4lucina::4lucina::4lucina::4lucina: :happysheep:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I have mixed feelings about that track. I think the Comrades portion is easily the best part.

Inversely, I did not expect anything good to come from a Mystery of the Emblem medley. Not that the music is bad, but the music from both the original and the remake are not too impressive, barring the new music they added for the added chapters.

But then...

I love it. Of course the Fire Emblem theme is always the best part!

Of course the Xenoblade Chronicles medley just blows everything up with its greatness, but that's a whole 'nother franchise.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like how when Matthew Mercer shifts out of 'Chrom mode' I can just hear him talking as Alvin in my head.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I have mixed feelings about that track. I think the Comrades portion is easily the best part.

Inversely, I did not expect anything good to come from a Mystery of the Emblem medley. Not that the music is bad, but the music from both the original and the remake are not too impressive, barring the new music they added for the added chapters.

But then...

I love it. Of course the Fire Emblem theme is always the best part!

Of course the Xenoblade Chronicles medley just blows everything up with its greatness, but that's a whole 'nother franchise.
While I will agree that both Fire Emblem and, from the pieces I have heard, Xenoblades Chronicles have some great music (You will Know out Names) I still think the Legend of Zelda has some of the greatest music in video game history, of all time, with the first two series I mentioned and the Sonic series coming a close second.

Top Bottom