• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But Fire Emblem is all about having complex, sympathetic player units fighting for your cause. Playing through maps and managing to keep all of your units alive at the end is one of the fundamental aspects of being a Fire Emblem fan. If we were left with generic, nameless characters, then this series wouldn't be any more different than the Nintendo Wars franchise, which has you sending squads of soldiers to their deaths as a viable strategy.

However...if you really do crave for something like that in Fire Emblem, then I guess Shadow Dragon is right up your alley. It has dozens of named characters who don't get so much as a single line of dialogue (outside of their death quotes), meaning that you can freely kill them without a second thought. Also, in order to get all the characters in that game, you actually need to kill some of your units so that you can unlock more chapters to play.
The video game cruelty potential is strong with this one.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The key difference between Fire Emblem's and Nintendo (Advance) Wars's tacticians:

image.jpg

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
How do you all approach with Robin? I played a Meta Knight today who shut me down in that area.
Depends on the situation, but mostly via Nair (seriously, Robin's Nair is AMAZING), midair Arcfire (risky but can be very rewarding if pulled off right), running attack or running grab.
Which token did you choose?
Robin all the way. There's no getting off that train I'm on 'till we get to the end of the line.

And yeah, no-name units with no other real purpose than being cannon fodder always irked me in Tactical RPGs of this style. I hated it in FF Tactics and from what I hear, people wheren't fond of it in Shadow Dragon either.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But Fire Emblem is all about having complex, sympathetic player units fighting for your cause. Playing through maps and managing to keep all of your units alive at the end is one of the fundamental aspects of being a Fire Emblem fan. If we were left with generic, nameless characters, then this series wouldn't be any more different than the Nintendo Wars franchise, which has you sending squads of soldiers to their deaths as a viable strategy.

However...if you really do crave for something like that in Fire Emblem, then I guess Shadow Dragon is right up your alley. It has dozens of named characters who don't get so much as a single line of dialogue (outside of their death quotes), meaning that you can freely kill them without a second thought. Also, in order to get all the characters in that game, you actually need to kill some of your units so that you can unlock more chapters to play.
Well, I guess then the takeaway from this is that I want less characters in the game. There's so many units in Awakening, and it while it does allow me to pick favorites, it also means there are so many characters that I'll never use, which makes them not much better than generic units anyway, since if I know I won't use them, why don't I sacrifice them?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, I guess then the takeaway from this is that I want less characters in the game. There's so many units in Awakening, and it while it does allow me to pick favorites, it also means there are so many characters that I'll never use, which makes them not much better than generic units anyway, since if I know I won't use them, why don't I sacrifice them?
Replay value.
If I like a game enough, I'll want to replay it. Having a grand ol' cast of kinda well developed characters like Awakening has is amazing for this.
Also, why would you ever want to sacrifice units at all? If you want it for the tactical purposes of luring enemies away without loosing something in the process, I guess that's exactly the dilemma Fire Emblem wants you to think about with it's perma death policy.

I'm so glad for casual mode though. Permadeath in FE has always been more frustrating than challenging for me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Replay value.
If I like a game enough, I'll want to replay it. Having a grand ol' cast of kinda well developed characters like Awakening has is amazing for this.
Also, why would you ever want to sacrifice units at all? If you want it for the tactical purposes of luring enemies away without loosing something in the process, I guess that's exactly the dilemma Fire Emblem wants you to think about with it's perma death policy.
I'm so glad for casual mode though. Permadeath in FE has always been more frustrating than challenging for me.
It's a bit more complicated than that. What if I don't like Sully, but really like Kjelle? Too bad, in order for Kjelle to be any good you'll have to grind for hours using Sully, who you don't like. To me, that seems a little unfair.
Of course, the next FE will probably not have child characters...

Hong

The Strongest
I rather have scrapped the marriage system all-together, not had a number of the characters, and had the children characters stand out on their own. A lot of them are more interesting than the parents, in my opinion. I think Awakening had a lot of forgettable characters, actually. At least coming from the Tellius universe. Rather have had a smaller, better cast.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I rather have scrapped the marriage system all-together, not had a number of the characters, and had the children characters stand out on their own. A lot of them are more interesting than the parents, in my opinion. I think Awakening had a lot of forgettable characters, actually. At least coming from the Tellius universe. Rather have had a smaller, better cast.
So, basically, Awakening 2, where Lucina is the main character and Chrom is old (and also awesome, beard and all)

Hong

The Strongest
So, basically, Awakening 2, where Lucina is the main character and Chrom is old (and also awesome, beard and all)
Not necessarily.

Saying I rather not have had some of the character happen originally at all, in the past tense.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
-Fire Emblem Theme
-Fire Emblem
-Shadow Dragon Medley
-Coliseum Series Medley
-Fight 1 (Fire Emblem Gaiden)
-With Mila's Divine Protection
-Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem Medley
-Meeting Theme Series Medley
-Attack
-Preparing to Advance
-Crimean Army Sortie
-Against the Dark Knight
-Victory is Near
-Time of Action
-The Devoted
-Duty (Ablaze)
-Id (Purpose)

As well as the Conquest Ablaze remix we knew beforehand.

Fire Emblem struck gold with the music.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think Awakening had a lot of forgettable characters, actually. At least coming from the Tellius universe. Rather have had a smaller, better cast.
Ah yes, the games that gave us such wonderfully deep and complex characters as Meg and Fiona. I can see why Chrom might be considered bland next to those two. :p

(in my personal opinion Radiant Dawn handled the characters it introduced pretty terribly, and Path of Radiance is the only one of the two worth looking at for characterisation, which it was far better at than its sequel.)

Not bad. Also do we know if it's the full length of Id Purpose, or still the short version?

also no Jugdral love yet again ;-;

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
-Fire Emblem Theme
-Fire Emblem
-Shadow Dragon Medley
-Coliseum Series Medley
-Attack
-Preparing to Advance
-Crimean Army Sortie
-Against the Dark Knight
-Victory is Near
-Time of Action
-The Devoted
-Duty (Ablaze)
-Id (Purpose)

Where'd you get that information from?

If that's the entire list of songs, then what the hell does Sakurai have against the Jugdral series?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
-Fire Emblem Theme
-Fire Emblem
-Shadow Dragon Medley
-Coliseum Series Medley
-Attack
-Preparing to Advance
-Crimean Army Sortie
-Against the Dark Knight
-Victory is Near
-Time of Action
-The Devoted
-Duty (Ablaze)
-Id (Purpose)

...Dang, I really wish I could play some of the older games that these tracks come from...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Now if we just get Duty (Ablaze) and at least one Jugdral-era (FE4 or 5), I'd be completely set.
upload_2014-11-7_21-50-19.jpeg

(Coliseum Medley means we can possibly get FE4's Battle Theme due luck because it's the Coliseum Theme in FE6..on the other hand, still no love for Jugdral-songs. Instead Mystery of Emblem gets remixes, what)

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I'm telling you guys...Awakening 2 set in the Future Past timeline. So much potential for cool ideas like
Morgan as the antagonist.

You can also dodge the issue of "canon pairings" a bit.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
View attachment 29206

(Coliseum Medley means we can possibly get FE4's Battle Theme due luck because it's the Coliseum Theme in FE6..on the other hand, still no love for Jugdral-songs. Instead Mystery of Emblem gets remixes, what)
Holy **** :4robinf: makes an actual appearance in the Wii U Music Selection after being conspicuously absent in the 3DS

Now if only she can get a trophy of her render in the Wii U version...

...I'm at hoping that we'll get at least one new song from the Jugdral-era by CDs.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One question: is Mystery of Emblem-songs remixed in New Mystery of Emblem?

I remember liking one of the tunes in EXPonential Growth (from New Mystery of Emblem), so if that one was remixed from the SFC-version, then I have one more tune to look forward in Mystery of Emblem-medley.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
-Fire Emblem Theme
-Fire Emblem
-Shadow Dragon Medley
-Coliseum Series Medley
-Attack
-Preparing to Advance
-Crimean Army Sortie
-Against the Dark Knight
-Victory is Near
-Time of Action
-The Devoted
-Duty (Ablaze)
-Id (Purpose)

:4lucina:: Whoa, you have some many songs

Though I'm a little upset the 'Don't speak her Name!' isn't in there. It would have been perfect.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Fire Emblem should star a Dark Mage-based lead. :088:
robin-smiley-3.png

And if s/he gets in smash with gender alts, then I guess swimsuit :4shulk: and :4zss: are deconfirmed.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
No.
Because Smash Bros is totally consequential to original context, mechanics, and story.:4dedede:

No. I want a classical Dark Mage lead. Resire, staves, and unlike Micaiah, some fat Def.
Well, then lets go hire Henry for the lead

(And no, not Thariji, never, ever Thariji, ever!)

Though we could always class change Robin to a dark mage.....

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wouldn't mind having another Mage lead, to be completely honest. Micaiah was admittedly decent as far as Lords go in terms of gameplay, it's just that she was overshadowed by :4myfriends:.

We just need said lead to be at the front and center of the game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

So this channel is posting the OST from the game's Sound Test. Here we can hear a snipped from Coliseum Medley.

So um, already hearing this being based on FE4's Coliseum (with FE1's Battle Theme) makes me quite mad because apparently we get two Jugdral-related things and it's only due luck for being related to the Coliseums in the entire series (if presuming FE6's Coliseum is next after FE4, using that game's battle theme and also FE7 using FE5's), and even then Fight 1-theme from Gaiden will definitely appear in this Medley despite having it's own remix already if going by the orders of Coliseum-themes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Id (Purpose)
YES! YES! YES!
Now we need Devine Decree (Ablaze)!

I'm telling you guys...Awakening 2 set in the Future Past timeline. So much potential for cool ideas like
Morgan as the antagonist.

You can also dodge the issue of "canon pairings" a bit.
I bet they can do this by not mentioning which characters marry who or do something where your Awakening save can be used for Awakening 2 and that says that the pairings you made in Awakening affect the game. I think forcing canon pairings will alienate some fans.

Yah, I only played through on Normal difficulty for my first time. As I said, even with my strategy game knowledge, FE threw me for a loop a few times. I'll probably marry Anna on my Male Robin playthrough since she's my favorite female character other than Tharja. And I'll definitely recruit more of the children now that I understand the mechanics better. How exactly does Galeforce work? I keep hearing about it.
Marry Robin to whoever you want! I personally married Robin to Tharja on all of my playthroughs and I loved the result.
Keep in mind to recruit the children in their Paralogues, a majority of them need to be talk to by either Chrom or their mother (or male Robin in the case of female Morgan). The children can be pretty powerful; I recall my Morgan having even more special attack than both Robin and Tharja! I was surprised!
Galeforce is a skill that Dark Fliers learn. Whenever you defeat an enemy, you can move again one more time. Marrying characters like male Robin, Gaius, and Donnel is critical in Lunatic playthroughs since they can make their daughters become Pegasus Knights, where they can be Master Classed to Dark Flier and learn Galeforce. You also want to make sure that the mothers learn Galeforce before they get married and their child is available (but not every female can be a Pegasus Knight, like Tharja and Sully).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom