• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Well even still, I edited what I said because I've taken what you said to heart and I'd rather not make you feel that way, regardless of the fact that it was unintentional. I never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable with my words. I overstepped my boundaries and for that I am sorry.

It's more than likely just a nod to the Ice Climbers existence from previous Smash Bros, nothing else. Kind of like a tip of the hat to them from Sakurai, acknowledging they're existence with some fan service despite them not being a playable character.
Or a tip to the scale :seuss:.

Any way, your probably right and yet all the IC fans are going to go speculating that this is a hint that the ice climbers are still in the game.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Or a tip to the scale :seuss:.

Any way, your probably right and yet all the IC fans are going to go speculating that this is a hint that the ice climbers are still in the game.
Hahahaha! XD That was pretty good, the scales are surely tipped in your favour when it comes to humour. :seuss:

Yeah, that shipped sailed once Sakurai confirmed the parity between the 3DS and Wii U in terms of characters, along with the technical limitations as well as the low priority given to the series as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a come back in the next Smash Bros though. If Dr. Mario can return as well as Mewtwo, anyone can.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hahahaha! XD That was pretty good, the scales are surely tipped in your favour when it comes to humour. :seuss:

Yeah, that shipped sailed once Sakurai confirmed the parity between the 3DS and Wii U in terms of characters, along with the technical limitations as well as the low priority given to the series as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a come back in the next Smash Bros. If Dr. Mario can return as well as Mewtwo, anyone can.
Yes, they sure were. :seuss:

Also about you as you won't make an inappropriate jokes, you tell all the jokes you want, I just need to learn to cope it on the chin. Though I will give a shout when I think it is going a bit far.

Wait. Anyone can come back? Even Young Link?! Even when people like Hong (don't tell him/her I said that) are against? That dreams do come true?:bee:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Yes, they sure were. :seuss:

Also about you as you won't make an inappropriate jokes, you tell all the jokes you want, I just need to learn to cope it on the chin. Though I will give a shout when I think it is going a bit far.

Wait. Anyone can come back? Even Young Link?! Even when people like Hong (don't tell him/her I said that) are against? That dreams do come true?:bee:
No, I think I'll stay away from inappropriate jokes. They're not exactly my forte or my style to be perfectly honest. It's not like me to make inappropriate jokes like that, so you telling me how much you disproved of my inappropriate nature made me realize what I had done. I wasn't thinking things through and you calling me out on my joke, helping me to realize the error of what I had done, on something I rarely ever do. It was out of character of me unfortunately and not my proudest moment I'll admit. But yes, if I do happen to go off the deep end so to speak, please by all means reproach me for doing so.

Ummmmmm...........well.......uhhhh......yeah I suppose.......:urg:

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
No, I think I'll stay away from inappropriate jokes. They're not exactly my forte or my style to be perfectly honest. It's not like me to make inappropriate jokes like that, so you telling me how much you disproved of my inappropriate nature made me realize what I had done. I wasn't thinking things through and you calling me out on my joke, helping me to realize the error of what I had done, on something I rarely ever do. It was out of character of me unfortunately and not my proudest moment I'll admit. But yes, if I do happen to go off the deep end so to speak, please by all means reproach me for doing so.

Ummmmmm...........well.......uhhhh......yeah I suppose.......:urg:
What do you mean 'I suppose?' Do you mean Young Link will never return?:c

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
What do you mean 'I suppose?' Do you mean Young Link will never return?:c
Uhhhhh......well you see.......I........*runs away speedily, jumps on Epona and rides into the sunset, never to be seen so I can avoid your question* :awesome:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhhh......well you see.......I........*runs away speedily, jumps on Epona and rides into the sunset, never to be seen so I can avoid your question* :awesome:
*Uses Song of Time to stand in front of Syrek before he can run a away* Answer the question. Please?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
*Uses Song of Time to stand in front of Syrek before he can run a away* Answer the question. Please?
*sigh* It looks like I don't have a choice. Very well! It's very unlikely that Young Link will return to Smash Bros. so long as Toon Link exists and remains ever popular. *raises Hylian Shield in self defence*

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* It looks like I don't have a choice. Very well! It's very unlikely that Young Link will return to Smash Bros. so long as Toon Link exists and remains ever popular. *raises Hylian Shield in self defence*
........ Yeah, I knew the answer before you gave it. sigh, I mean, he could still be in if they use his Majora's mask form, but that's unlikely as well, I just can't stand to face the truth. ...... I want to hit something now. *puts on Firece Deity mask and starts chasing Syrek and Toon Link*

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Yeah, that shipped sailed once Sakurai confirmed the parity between the 3DS and Wii U in terms of characters, along with the technical limitations as well as the low priority given to the series as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a come back in the next Smash Bros though. If Dr. Mario can return as well as Mewtwo, anyone can.
This is my theory as well. Even if IC are put on ice (please don't smack me) for this round, I'm sure they stand a good chance of returning in future SSBs since they were only held back by technical limitations.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
........ Yeah, I knew the answer before you gave it. sigh, I mean, he could still be in if they use his Majora's mask form, but that's unlikely as well, I just can't stand to face the truth. ...... I want to hit something now. *puts on Firece Deity mask and starts chasing Syrek and Toon Link*
Trust me, I'd love to see Young Link as a returning character, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none as of right now. *sees Unknown Hero with the Fierce Deities Mask on, chasing me. In response, I call upon Naga to swiftly teleport me away*

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
This is my theory as well. Even if IC are put on ice (please don't smack me) for this round, I'm sure they stand a good chance of returning in future SSBs since they were only held back by technical limitations.
I agree whole heartily. That's a very logical theory and one I believe will come to pass.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, I'd love to see Young Link as a returning character, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none as of right now. *sees Unknown Hero with the Fierce Deities Mask on, chasing me. In response, I call upon Naga to swiftly teleport me away*
Yay, another Young Link supporter, that made my day X3.

*plays song of time to grab onto Syrek before he teleports away*

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
While I'm not sure how likely it is, I'm all for :younglinkmelee: making a return.

Then again, I'm one of the few people who'd squeal with joy if :pichumelee: came back (preferably tweaked to be less of a joke character).

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Yay, another Young Link supporter, that made my day X3.

*plays song of time to grab onto Syrek before he teleports away*
Ah, well I'm glad I was able to make your day. I've always been a silent supporter of :younglinkmelee: but I'm content with :4tlink: for the moment. I like both but Young Link is more preferable, mainly because he comes from one of my favourite Zelda games of all time, Ocarina of Time.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Ah, well I'm glad I was able to make your day. I've always been a silent supporter of :younglinkmelee: but I'm content with :4tlink: for the moment. I like both but Young Link is more preferable, mainly because he comes from one of my favourite Zelda games of all time, Ocarina of Time.
I like :younglinkmelee: because of three reasons

1. His awesome in Melee

2. his freaking adorable

3. Because of Majora's Mask (which ironically, I am yet to complete)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I like :younglinkmelee: because of three reasons

1. His awesome in Melee

2. his freaking adorable

3. Because of Majora's Mask (which ironically, I am yet to complete)
All three reasons are excellent and I completely agree. Wait.....you've yet to complete Majora's Mask? Have you ever played it before or are you in the middle of playing it currently? Either way, your going to enjoy it throughly, I guarantee it. Such an amazing game and the atmosphere is truly something else.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
All three reasons are excellent and I completely agree. Wait.....you've yet to complete Majora's Mask? Have you ever played it before or are you in the middle of playing it currently? Either way, your going to enjoy it throughly, I guarantee it. Such an amazing game and the atmosphere is truly something else.
I am up to the Stone temple boss, though before I played it, I did kind of maybe spoil a little bit of the game for myself, just a little.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I am up to the Stone temple boss, though before I played it, I did kind of maybe spoil a little bit of the game for myself, just a little.
Oh so your almost done then and shame on you for spoiling yourself. :seuss: Oh well, I understand. It's difficult not to spoil ourselves when it comes to games that we love even before we play them haha! XD

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Oh so your almost done then and shame on you for spoiling yourself. :seuss: Oh well, I understand. It's difficult not to spoil ourselves when it comes to games that we love even before we play them haha! XD
Yeah, I was curious about certain things in the game and I couldn't control myself. Though it wasn't anything major like dungeons, just near the end the tree part when you talk to the kids, no further and how to get a couple of masks. Oh, and how to get epona

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Where is this thread going with all the non-Robin discussions

Anyways, I've been over analyzing the implications of a husband getting killed off and leaving his wife alone in this game, and it just hit me on how much more of a badass :4robinf: became if she was pregnant throughout the second half of the story. Think about it. All of the first generation mothers have considerable plot armor and will flee the skirmish they're in if they're defeated, but their prospective boyfriends/husbands will die regardless of whether they're married or not. :4robinf:, being the main character, cannot die without causing a game over, and yet she will still be able to encounter Morgan if she is a widow. That leaves us with the implication that all of the first generation females are at varying stages of pregnancy throughout the game.

Now imagine :4robinf: leading her campaigns to victory, crushing the armies of Plegia and Valm in both strategy and on foot, slicing through hordes of Risen, confronting her evil father and her future past self, contemplating on whether to sacrifice herself to rid the world of Grima, and fighting on top of a massive demonic dragon while being pregnant along the way!

...Although I'm not sure how this answers the existence of Female Morgan if :4robinm: is married to a second generation female (who isn't :4lucina:) gets killed off, because they don't have plot armor. But still, pregnant badass :4robinf:!

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Where is this thread going with all the non-Robin discussions

Anyways, I've been over analyzing the implications of a husband getting killed off and leaving his wife alone in this game, and it just hit me on how much more of a badass :4robinf: became if she was pregnant throughout the second half of the story. Think about it. All of the first generation mothers have considerable plot armor and will flee the skirmish they're in if they're defeated, but their prospective boyfriends/husbands will die regardless of whether they're married or not. :4robinf:, being the main character, cannot die without causing a game over, and yet she will still be able to encounter Morgan if she is a widow. That leaves us with the implication that all of the first generation females are at varying stages of pregnancy throughout the game.

Now imagine :4robinf: leading her campaigns to victory, crushing the armies of Plegia and Valm in both strategy and on foot, slicing through hordes of Risen, confronting her evil father and her future past self, contemplating on whether to sacrifice herself to rid the world of Grima, and fighting on top of a massive demonic dragon while being pregnant along the way!

...Although I'm not sure how this answers the existence of Female Morgan if :4robinm: is married to a second generation female (who isn't :4lucina:) gets killed off, because they don't have plot armor. But still, pregnant badass :4robinf:!
At least :4robinm: cares for others and still focus's on the task ahead. :4robinf: however......

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If Nintendo does release a DLC costume pack and there's costumes/colour palettes for Robin, what would you like to see?
Blonde male Robin
Grandmaster Robin
Hooded Robin
More haistyles.

There's a lot of possibilities, really.

To all Sonic fans, I now this really isn't Robin Related, but I just found out that ESCAPE FROM THE CITY IS IN SMASH BROS WII U. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I need to go tell the sonic mains now.
Well, Escape from the City is my favorite Modern Sonic track. Unless one counts Chemical Plant (Classic) from Generations as a modern Sonic track. The music itself barely changed, but those drums man. Those drums...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
2nd time I had a dream of playing Smash WiiU and going straight away to use Robin, I think I have problems...
Not as bad as the one time I dreamt I was yelling "time to tip the scales!" at a shopping center though, sheesh brain!
Anywho, does the embargo for the WiiU version also includes not talking about trophies? I'm curious if anything that's not Awakening got some more representation (I recall seeing an Elincia trophy back at the 50 fact extravaganza)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If we get costume DLC, I want to see :4robinm: in a suit, tie, and trench coat.

I can dream, can't I?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Alrighty, I think I really got over my head about the codec on Chrom (as much as that can be seen as meanspirited on him if you wanted him as a playable character).

I guess because I tend to see two things: he's just so beloved in general, for providing even more amusement via being comic relief now in Smash Bros (fans love him in a way that feels rather pure and genuinely happy) and he just possesses so many things for being an NPC. It's quite difficult to shake off the guy to be part of the main cast (he's basically as prominent as Doc Louis, except twice that amount).

While I wonder how far the developers can go to jab on him for not being on the roster, I wish it would be moved on from as Robin's entire codec was wasted on the joke, overshadowing him, and I'd find it excessive if Lucina's guidance runs back on it (possibly regarding her clone status). The guy now steals glory of the very represented characters, just to be made fun of. It's bit strange.

Anyway, I guess I'll just wait for a sign that for the crew of Smash (basically Sakurai and his team through them), it's okay that he's not playable in a way that the last joke was indeed poking fun at themselves rather than wanting to yank the chain of Chrom's supporters & fans who don't enjoy him being crapped on. It feels really discriminative and painting Chrom and other NPCs in a "Waluigified" light otherwise. (Basically being bitter/resenting losers who will be made fun of for never getting their chance to shine).

Though even if not that wouldn't be the case, I still get to enjoy seeing him around a lot despite being probably next Waluigi to rest of the series and give more salty roots to more anxious and desperate speculation in future Smash-games. I hope to not be around then, personally.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Alrighty, I think I really got over my head about the codec on Chrom (as much as that can be seen as meanspirited on him if you wanted him as a playable character).

I guess because I tend to see two things: he's just so beloved in general, for providing even more amusement via being comic relief now in Smash Bros (fans love him in a way that feels rather pure and genuinely happy) + all the many things he has for being an NPC, it's quite difficult to shake off the guy to be part of the main cast (he's basically as prominent as Doc Louis, except twice that amount).
While I wonder how far the developers can go to jab on him for not being on the roster, I wish it would be moved on from as Robin's entire codec was wasted on the joke, overshadowing him, and I'd find it excessive if Lucina's guidance runs back on it (possibly regarding her clone status). The guy now steals glory of the very represented characters, just to be made fun of. It's bit strange.

Anyway, I guess I'll just wait for a sign that for the crew of Smash (basically Sakurai and his team through them), it's okay that he's not playable in a way that the last joke was indeed poking fun at themselves rather than wanting to yank the chain of Chrom's supporters & fans who don't enjoy him being crapped on. It feels really discriminative and painting Chrom and other NPCs in a "Waluigified" light otherwise. (Basically being bitter/resenting losers who will be made fun of for never getting their chance to shine).

Though even if not that wouldn't be the case, I still get to enjoy seeing him around a lot despite being probably next Waluigi to rest of the series and give more salty roots to more anxious and desperate speculation in future Smash-games. I hope to not be around then, personally.
While I still find the conversation to be gold, I completely agree with you on the fact that it was a waste that Robin's codec shifted away from him/her entirely and focused more on Chrom's NPC role. I would have preferred it it they instead talked more about Robin's strategic prowess and the things s/he accomplishes in-story, and how s/he is a customizable character. Perhaps they could have even thrown in a little reference to FE7 and FE12, and how their tacticians might be related to this person.

Imagine if Shulk's codec was dominated by Dunban and Riki. I can only wonder how Shulk fans would feel about getting moved out of the spotlight in that moment.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I guess because I tend to see two things: he's just so beloved in general, for providing even more amusement via being comic relief now in Smash Bros (fans love him in a way that feels rather pure and genuinely happy) and he just possesses so many things for being an NPC. It's quite difficult to shake off the guy to be part of the main cast (he's basically as prominent as Doc Louis, except twice that amount).

They Wasted A Perfectly Good Character.

I pray they do not waste it on Lucina like they did here.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Blonde male Robin
Grandmaster Robin
Hooded Robin
More haistyles.
and dread fighter Robin. Nuff said

Hmmm, you do a fair point, now I am intrigued what Robin's codec would have been in it was Robin who spoke and not Chrom. Though the one he has now is still gold XD

Imagine if Shulk's codec was dominated by Dunban and Riki. I can only wonder how Shulk fans would feel about getting moved out of the spotlight in that moment.
I guess he wouldn't be .......

Really Feeling it :4shulk:

Hong

The Strongest
Wouldnt that mean that you would be forced to play as M robin?
If they make it as a DLC outfit, no reason not to allow it for both genders. If we're going by arbitrary design decisions, Robin shouldn't be able to use Nosferatu and her equipment should be lasting a lot longer.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Female Robin in Dread Fighter armor aka the coolest looking class in Awakening? Yes pls.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'm still not a big fan of the mask on the dread fighter's shoulder. Other than that, the class does look pretty dang cool but so do Myrmidons, Lords, Tacticians and Grandmasters. And I'm probably forgetting a class or two, most unpromoted classes look quite cool, tbh.

Because I was really bored: Here's how one of my dream DLC trailers could play out.
*Smash Bros trailer opening thing*
Fox and Mario stand in a field, on the other side Pit and Sonic. They are preparing to face off. The scene is all epic; then, the two teams charge each other!
Suddenly something clicks beneath Mario's foot, and a faint beeping can be heard while the camera zooms into a closeup, showing a land mine. :4mario:: "Mama mia..." It detonates, blasting Mario away. The others stop in their tracks, confused. Something jumps out of the brush, grabs Sonic and flings him away!
Fox and Pit share a quick look and nod. Snake gets up and enters a battle stance: "Really kept you waiting this time, huh?" Metal Gear Solid battle theme starts playing. The three start fighting for a bit, Snake deploying several of his gadgets and guns. Eventually, Link and Pit manage to fight Snake towards a cliff.
He smirks. "By the way, I brought an old friend along..."
The other two turn around. Someone dressed in military boots and purple pants approaches.
"I wonder why you guys didn't invite me sooner. Thought I'd be... not interested?"
The camera pans up, revealing Cloud, going with his hand through his hair. After that, he draws the Buster Sword.
Cloud breaks the limits!
A Still More Fighting/Those who fight further remix starts playing, gameplay of Cloud, Snake as well as the new stages included in the DLC is shown.
:4pit:: "Cloud Strife? What are YOU doing here? If anybody, I expected Terra or Cecil!"
: "Apparently somebody thought there wheren't enough people from the late 90's around."
:snake:: "Don't undersell yourself. You're an icon of role playing games from that era, weither people like it or not."
: "You're one to talk! Then again, everybody here is more than worthy of their place. I'll have to go to my limits to stand a chance... and beyond!"
Gameplay shows how Cloud's Limit Break mechanic works.
Back to cinematic.
:4fox:: *gets blasted away by one of Cloud's attacks*
Gruff voice: "Hey, he was mine. Now I'll have to take care of you."
Cloud readys himself. The camera pans around, showing Wolf.
:wolf:: "What's the matter? Scared?"

Super Smash Bros for 3DS/WiiU logo. End trailer.
I don't really think anything close to this would happen. Would be amazing though. :3
There's a few others I have in the back of my mind, so I might write up some more if I end up being bored.

BTW, anybody else here excited for the Steam release of Valkyria Chronicles? I've heard great things about the game but never got it due to a lack of a PS3.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
But females can't be Dread Fighters. How about Bride class armor instead for Fem!Robin?
I know that, but Smash isn't exactly known for sticking to canon, ala Nosferatu being usable with a Tactician-class Robin

I wouldn't mind that either, that class is one of favorites too

Last edited:
Top Bottom