• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Has anyone else noticed Robins dash? He runs like a freakin' dork.:laugh:

Edit: I like it.
Robin has reasonable attack speed, but slow movement overall. Maybe the developer made her look a little less-than-athletic while running intentionally, kind of like how Little Mac looks feeble in the air.
Almost makes me think she's being apologetic when attacking, like

"Sorry, I don't want this to hurt too much, I'll stab lightly."

:4robinf:
Robin is now Canadian.:4robinf:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Robin has reasonable attack speed, but slow movement overall. Maybe the developer made her look a little less-than-athletic while running intentionally, kind of like how Little Mac looks feeble in the air.
Robin is now Canadian.:4robinf:
Nah. Ike is the Canadian.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, what Hong said would be in character. Despite Robin being a tactician, I doubt he's #1 in the athletic department.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, what Hong said would be in character. Despite Robin being a tactician, I doubt he's #1 in the athletic department.
Well, you could screw around with the classes and make him a swordsman or something as your own little headcanon :bubblebobble:

But yeah, I don't imagine tacticians being agile.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
When I see that, I'm thinking that Robin really wants kids to read, even in death, as he shows off his tome.

The other thing is Robin has a very tight grip. He's able to hold it even when he's launched into the sky.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
I feel like I'm the only person in my area who plays as :4robinm: and not :4robinf:
o_O

:4robinm: needs more love
Well except for the other Cincinnati smasher who plays male Robin due to FEA being his favorite game of all time. *cough*
Male WFT also in the minority. True swole dude character.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
It's not a gender thing really, I just prefer :4robinm:'s voice over :4robinf:'s voice honestly.

Since this character says almost every move that they perform, liking the voice is essential to enjoying the character for me personally. :lick:

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah.

I'm a hair person, so of course I like Robin♀ more from the get-go. If Robin♂ had awesome hair, I would like him just as much. While it's a minor difference, there's also the fact Robin♀ actually says "It's time to tip the scales!" for her taunt, while Robin♂ does not. That's a pretty big deal, for me.

I wonder if they say "Now that's strategy!" as a victory quote or not.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I feel like I'm the only person in my area who plays as :4robinm: and not :4robinf:
o_O

It's the hair, man. :4robinf:'s hair looks so much better designed than :4robinm:'s, and not only that, young women with white hair have this sort of charm to them that makes them look interesting to me (well, excluding Micaiah from RD). It gives her a serene, mystical look, adding to the mysterious enigma that she is in the beginning.

Also, Michelle Ruff and Miyuki Sawashiro both did amazing jobs in their reprising their roles for this game.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Yeah.

I'm a hair person, so of course I like Robin♀ more from the get-go. If Robin♂ had awesome hair, I would like him just as much. While it's a minor difference, there's also the fact Robin♀ actually says "It's time to tip the scales!" for her taunt, while Robin♂ does not. That's a pretty big deal, for me.

I prefer :4robinm: hair in 3D form, while I prefer :4robinf: hair as a sprite.
Having the latter's hair as a model I think looks silly because, unless a ton of effort goes into animating it, it looks and acts so unnaturally. I can't get over the fact that it just stiffly hangs their. This is a problem that isn't encountered as a sprite for obvious reasons. The hair looks like how it's supposed to: hanging and flowing down her chest.
I think the shorter hair looks much better in model form, but looks silly and generic as a sprite... The HD model is just so much better than the sprite in every way.

Though, yes, :4robinf: actually says "time to tip the scales!"
Hmm... Tough call. I'll probably just alternate. :happysheep:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
o_O

I'll use M!Robin, primarily because it's the one I'm used to.

Yeah.

What...? Man, that's a shame. Ah well, Smashers can't be choosers.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'll use Robin.
End of discussion.
But not as much as Captain fabulous.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The great thing about Robin's inclusion is that he/she'll probably become a staple of the FE series now. :)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
What...? Man, that's a shame. Ah well, Smashers can't be choosers.
For whatever reason he says "Let's tip the scales!" Which, in the end, I'm fine with. He got to say it right in the trailer, after all. :3 :4robinm:
Now if only Robin ends up having the right name in the German release version by some kind of miracle... :sadsheep:

Robin said:
:happysheep:

Also just saw that Mega Man has Skull Barrier as a Custom Move. Awesome, can't wait to see it in action. :3

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
For whatever reason he says "Let's tip the scales!" Which, in the end, I'm fine with. He got to say it right in the trailer, after all. :3 :4robinm:
Now if only Robin ends up having the right name in the German release version by some kind of miracle... :sadsheep:

:happysheep:

Also just saw that Mega Man has Skull Barrier as a Custom Move. Awesome, can't wait to see it in action. :3
Is this in the English version? Or the Japanese?

Ravestickman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ravestickman
From what I have seen in sm4sh, he's the closest thing to a Rune factory character.... Like seriously, he's almost exactly like one. Only thing he's missing is a farming weapon lol. But he has the sword ((The weapons in RF)) the tomes ((Spell book in RF)) and is an anime looking character... Yea, he's pretty close to an RF character as we're gonna get ever. Anyone else think of that when they look at him?

Top Bottom