• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
If I could only have 2-3 lines for Ike to mutter after a victory, "I fight for my friends." is nowhere near the list.

He never says anything like that. The closest thing I have is that he certainly loves his sister, being
the only family he has left
. Granted, I suppose the Greil Mercenaries are like his family now.

I don't want any of you dying on me! Remember-- you only have one life! At a time like this, it doesn't matter what our blood ties are. We are family. That's what my father always used to say. And today...for the first time... I understand why he said it... Because we are a family. So if you don't want to cause your family any grief, then live! Don't drop your guard! Don't turn your back! Use every drop of your strength! Our road has been long, but it ends today! Let's liberate Crimea and free our friends...and our families...from Daein's tyranny! Men of Crimea... Laguz of Tellius... Greil Mercenaries... MOVE OUT!!
Anyway, Ike is noted for being very perceptive. I figure he would comment on his enemy and their worth, or say something a mercenary would. "Another day in the life of a mercenary." or "I'm being paid for this, right?" Also, Ike is actually pretty sympathetic, much to Soren's grief. So his other victory line doesn't do him any good, either.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If I could only have 2-3 lines for Ike to mutter after a victory, "I fight for my friends." is nowhere near the list.

Ike is noted for being very perceptive. I figure he would comment on his enemy and their worth, or say something a mercenary would. "Another day in the life of a mercenary." or "I'm being paid for this, right?" Also, Ike is actually pretty sympathetic, much to Soren's grief. So his other victory line doesn't do him any good, either.
I love the irony of his second victory line for the guy with Spider-Man levels of sympathy.

IMO, Ike speaking like a merc sounds off. It makes him seem less heroic in favor of giving him Arkham Deathstroke-esque personality traits. But I haven't played Radiant Dawn, so what do I know?

Man, even Shulk was expecting #MonadoMonday. Can't say I'm upset, though, Robin looks awesome and it all worked out in the end!
Oh my god, my poor lungs. Thanks a lot :seuss:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Man, even Shulk was expecting #MonadoMonday. Can't say I'm upset, though, Robin looks awesome and it all worked out in the end!

Hong

The Strongest
@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D That was great! I love how Melia began to betray Shulk.

IMO, Ike speaking like a merc sounds off.
Ike is about as "mercenary" as they get, though. He's rude. He's brash. He lives rough. He is focused on finances. He looks and acts his occupation.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ike is about as "mercenary" as they get, though. He's rude. He's brash. He lives rough. He is focused on finances. He looks and acts his occupation.
Touché.

I have no qualms, then.

fighting for my friends is still the best quote :troll:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Watch Chrom suffer!

And by "Chrom", I just meant his voice actor. He actually handled it better than others have, considering that was a ghost pepper and his first exposure to hot peppers in general.

Must have been RNG-blessed on Res, Chrom considering. :4robinf:
Oh my Gods he's wearing a Giygas shirt!!!!!! :colorful:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Speaking of Giygas, have you heard this?

1:26 ;~;
I have listened to nothing BUT that since Japan got Smash.

Well, not really. But still, it's amazing.

We MOTHER fans may have lost Lucas but we got an additional AT and the greatest Smash stage ever made.

Hong

The Strongest
That Starman Jr. tho.

He doesn't care how badly he's hurt. He'll maintain his posture to the end. Deal with it.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
That Starman Jr. tho.

He doesn't care how badly he's hurt. He'll maintain his posture to the end. Deal with it.
Psh, Starman got nothing on the Barrier Trio.

"The Barrier Trio struck one final pose! It was spectacular."

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Speaking of Giygas, have you heard this?

1:26 ;~;
I was wondering if you had gotten to listening to it yet, Hong.

And here's Smiles and Tears, the alternate track.

Without a doubt one of my favorite tracks in the game, in an already awesome stage.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
One one side i'm happy they're giving earthbound proper representation this time.
On the other it's like they want to forget Mother 3 even existed, have we seen at least a Lucas trophy or a track from the game at all?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
One one side i'm happy they're giving earthbound proper representation this time.
On the other it's like they want to forget Mother 3 even existed, have we seen at least a Lucas trophy or a track from the game at all?

:c

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
your opinions are bipolar dear wee mexican man

:4greninja:'d thanks @ Reila Reila

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I heard that track, @ AustarusIV AustarusIV .

And was actually kind of bummed out for the 3DS version. Well, I suppose "bummed out" is the wrong word, since if I really like one of the tracks a lot, then that means I have something to listen to for that stage, right? I don't know. The second track doesn't click with me as well as the first. Rather have had them throw together some of the battle themes for a second track. One quiet and atmospheric track, and the other more intense, to please both camps.

Like this:

Or, if you want something symbolic of the series as Magicant is, a natural fit would be Pollyanna. Everyone loves Pollyanna.

Granted, the second track could sound a lot better to me with headphones coming straight from the hardware, so maybe I'll like it more when I have the actual game.
Lucas trophy as mentioned above, but the King Statue as seen in Brawl, as well.

Maybe Sakurai had actually played Mother 3 after he made Brawl and had the same response to it as a lot of the Japanese playerbase.:colorful:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I heard that track, @ AustarusIV AustarusIV .

And was actually kind of bummed out for the 3DS version. Well, I suppose "bummed out" is the wrong word, since if I really like one of the tracks a lot, then that means I have something to listen to for that stage, right? I don't know. The second track doesn't click with me as well as the first. Rather have had them throw together some of the battle themes for a second track. One quiet and atmospheric track, and the other more intense, to please both camps.

Like this:

Or, if you want something symbolic of the series as Magicant is, a natural fit would be Pollyanna. Everyone loves Pollyanna.

Granted, the second track could sound a lot better to me with headphones coming straight from the hardware, so maybe I'll like it more when I have the actual game.

Maybe Sakurai had actually played Mother 3 after he made Brawl and had the same response to it as a lot of the Japanese playerbase.:colorful:
I'm just happy that we finally got a MOTHER-themed stage that's not only great, but that it actually feels like something straight out of the franchise. Fourside looked too realistic to properly represent the city, New Pork City was one giant failure of an attempt to recreate Temple, and Onett just didn't connect with me.

I literally squee'd when I saw Ness and the Gang in the portal to Threed in the background of the stage when I watched a video clip of Magicant. I never would have expected to see an actual throwback to the game itself by showing in-game clips!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm just happy that we finally got a MOTHER-themed stage that's not only great, but that it actually feels like something straight out of the franchise. Fourside looked too realistic to properly represent the city, New Pork City was one giant failure of an attempt to recreate Temple, and Onett just didn't connect with me.

I literally squee'd when I saw Ness and the Gang in the portal to Threed in the background of the stage when I watched a video clip of Magicant. I never would have expected to see an actual throwback to the game itself by showing in-game clips!
Do they, by chance, show this?

Because that sequence was creepy as hell.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do they, by chance, show this?

Because that sequence was creepy as hell.
Nope. I didn't check to see if there were any more sequences from the game.

...I just realized that we're being off-topic right now. If this was merely a support thread and not a discussion thread, I'd probably be getting infractions right now. :/

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Eight Melodies in Smash 4 sounds like it came straight out of a credits theme for a damn MOTHER movie. I tear up every time.

Hong

The Strongest

I know the feeling.

It's magic, literally. Magicant to stages would be my Robin to characters, in that I ALWAYS wanted it as a stage, and I felt it should encompass M1 & M2... and that's exactly what I got. Not only that, but it has exceeded my expectations. It's really neat and looks lot more fun to play on than... Onett or New Pork City.

Fourside, while alright as a stage, had such a generic aesthetic. To that I agree. If they bring it back, they should give it flush colours and simple shapes to resemble EarthBound. Also, it should periodically shift to Moonside from time to time. The music was alright, though. I like that it had four tracks from EarthBound going on. Onett as well, while it kind of sucked as a stage, had great music.

...I just realized that we're being off-topic right now. If this was merely a support thread and not a discussion thread, I'd probably be getting infractions right now. :/
Nah. It doesn't have to be about Robin when it's a social thread. It will naturally return to Robin or Fire Emblem discussion before long by virtue of the nature of the people who frequent the thread, so I wouldn't worry about it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So how evenly matched would Ness and Robin be in a fight?

what i'm reverting the topic back to robin be thankful

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I've always wondered why Japan hates it and yet in the U.S. (and probably other western countries too, but being an American I'm most familiar with the U.S. fanbase) it's considered nothing but brilliant. I mean, it's pretty much a sacred cow over here. Anyone more familiar with the Japanese fans know... Well, why?

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
We'd be seeing a lot more of vanilla!Magicant in Smash videos if Flying Man wasn't an active participant on the stage. So close. :/

Between Magicant and the Smiles and Tears remix and ****ing Eight Melodies and Actual MOTHER 1 gameplay being shown on the stage and Nintendo making that light pass at MOTHER 3 at the E3 Digital Event, I'm thinking the future's bright for the franchise. Earthbound on the VC showed that there is a lot of interest in the series - maybe Nintendo thinks bringing in MOTHER 1 on the VC can work too, and teasing it in Magicant was to test the reactions.

Hong

The Strongest
So how evenly matched would Ness and Robin be in a fight?
Outside of Smash, I think a post-game Ness would be able to snap Robin's neck just by looking at her.
I've always wondered why Japan hates it and yet in the U.S. (and probably other western countries too, but being an American I'm most familiar with the U.S. fanbase) it's considered nothing but brilliant. I mean, it's pretty much a sacred cow over here. Anyone more familiar with the Japanese fans know... Well, why?
- Fans cite Mother 1 and 2 were able to invoke emotions without having to rely on a dark and dreary plot
- A lot of fans think the plot sucked overall
- Greater sense of linearity (chapter system) took away what some fans liked
- Overall it felt like they tried to accomplish more than they could in a game. A lot of fans talk about it seeming less complete or a little less refined.
- Very mixed feelings about the overall battle systems and pacing

This is just going off what I heard from Japanese fans. I try to distance my own opinion, but it is more or less the same. I honestly detest Mother 3. I wonder how much people would have liked it overseas if it just came out at the same time.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Yeah :urg:, though despite it's apparent problems i still think it's a good game and i love the soundtrack.
Here's hoping for Porky's theme in the Wii U version, even if it's just the Brawl version :c.
But yeas that Magicant stage is gorgeus, easily the best stage from the franchise, i wouldn't even be surprised if it was on the Wii U version as well.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Outside of Smash, I think a post-game Ness would be able to snap Robin's neck just by looking at her.
But little ol Ness is nice enough not to do that.

...right?

I mean, Campbell said he was nice...

..I'm scared D:

Hong

The Strongest
Soundtrack is certainly good. Was so happy to find the soundtrack remastered and taken beyond the limitations of the GBA hardware.
But little ol Ness is nice enough not to do that.

...right?

I mean, Campbell said he was nice...

..I'm scared D:
I don't think he would be even mean to. He would accidentally walk into Robin and it would be like

*BRAP*

"YOU WON!"

"The enemy dropped a present. Inside was a haunch of Bear Meat.

Your bag is full. Would you like to make room for the Bear Meat?"

> No

"Ness abandoned the Bear Meat."

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
- Fans cite Mother 1 and 2 were able to invoke emotions without having to rely on a dark and dreary plot
- A lot of fans think the plot sucked overall
- Greater sense of linearity (chapter system) took away what some fans liked
- Overall it felt like they tried to accomplish more than they could in a game. A lot of fans talk about it seeming less complete or a little less refined.
- Very mixed feelings about the overall battle systems and pacing

This is just going off what I heard from Japanese fans. I try to distance my own opinion, but it is more or less the same. I honestly detest Mother 3. I wonder how much people would have liked it overseas if it just came out at the same time.
...Weird. It's one of my personal favorite games I've ever played. I mean, sure, the plot was predictable, but I still feel like it was executed amazingly. Agree to disagree, I guess.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think he would be even mean to. He would accidentally walk into Robin and it would be like

*BRAP*

"YOU WON!"

"The enemy dropped a present. Inside was a haunch of Bear Meat.

Your bag is full. Would you like to make room for the Bear Meat?"

> No

"Ness abandoned the Bear Meat."
oh good, this supports my insane headcanon that ness became psycho mantis, thanks for that hong mah boi

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Not like my opinion counts for much. M1 was my favourite by a landslide.

I appreciate the honesty and simplicity of the game. Sure the encounter rate was janked up to Hell, but the battles didn't have any tedious gimmicks to slow it down, so Ninten and co can just destroy everything in short time when they're strong enough.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If we're talking about opinions on the games, personally, Earthbound never really had a sense of flow to me. It just feels like Ness an co. jump from one location to the next with Porky or whoever appearing randomly just to screw with you. The game's alright, it just didn't live up to the hype for me.

Maybe I'd appreciate MOTHER 1 better. :{

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Eh, Mother 1 and 2 were clearly superior, and yes i will admit that most people are probably attached to the game for being emotional, rather than actually being a standout RPG.
But it still has those silly moments and weird creative ideas present throughout the game, since the parts that are really plot heavy are the beginning and the ending, i mean like 3/5 of the game aren't even focused on Lucas himself.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
One of these days I really need to buy Earthbound on the VC, just to see what all the hubbub is about. Is it only on the Wii-U E-shop? Or can it be found on the 3DS one as well?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
So i just finished Shin Megami Tensei IV, now i REALLY wonder how the FE crossover will work.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
One of these days I really need to buy Earthbound on the VC, just to see what all the hubbub is about. Is it only on the Wii-U E-shop? Or can it be found on the 3DS one as well?
Wii U only.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So i just finished Shin Megami Tensei IV, now i REALLY wonder how the FE crossover will work.
Thanks for reminding me to finish this game, lol.

I still haven't beaten my first playthrough. But that's because I got the neutral route on my first go, and so I'm stuck against Beezlebub. :V

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm on a play-through of the game currently. I am in the area of the White, after beating Kenji (who was a major pain in the ass to kill until I got dark resisting armor on Flynn), and it's a rather annoying place due to all the warping around, SMT4 needs EO's map system really.

Wii U only.
Well that sucks.

Top Bottom