• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
I really, really would like to see those two games remastered. That'd be awesome. Its so annoying that I can't play my copy of Radiant Dawn anymore... Path of Radiance still works fine, but my Radiant Dawn hates Laguz battles and crashes whenever one tries to load.
That's a strange and unfortunate symptom.

3DS can handle Path of Radiance for sure, and should be able to handle Radiant Dawn with a little work. Should rerelease both.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Ness and Lucas have grab release frame data that supports the extra wait time iirc, so technically it's not a bug that they're subject to GR followups. Same goes for DDD's infinites - DK, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Samus have programmed hurtbox placements that puts them in range for another grab.

It's unlikely there is any data that supports ZSS missing out on a footstool jump on Robin and Robin alone. If there is, then holy ****.

As for the other games, I'm still banking on Nintendo making a big thing about the SMT X FE crossover, and will rerelease all the FE games (minus BS Fire Emblem Archanea) in some form. Wii U compilation of the first 6 games, PoR and RD released on the Wii U VC, Sacred Stones on the 3DS VC for everyone, etc.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

3DS can handle Path of Radiance for sure, and should be able to handle Radiant Dawn with a little work. Should rerelease both.
Or just wait for the New 3DS to come out which will definitely be able to handle both since it can apparently handle Xenoblade.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Someone must hate Marvel then :seuss:
I like Marvel, but not in a competitive level. Then again, I don't like Smash in a competitive level either. Too much "ban this, ban that" for my tastes.

And the bugs, which should be banned, aren't. lel

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Does matter if I'm playing a laguz or fighting a laguz, but it seems worse if its my character. I tend not to like using laguz much, anyway. But there's two mandatory laguz battles later in the game and it always crashes when it gets to that point, so even if I survive prior its still a pain.

Not that I can play it right now, anyway, without a Wii or Wii U. And 3DS... 'eh, I don't plan on getting a 3DS, although my wife wants one, so eventually we'll probably get one anyway.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Obviously. Can't marry his daughter from the future if you don't set up the situation that would force her to go back in time in the first place.
So Robin is basically... us?

Except he must had magically hacked himself to the game and managed to **** Marth's bloodline's future just screw

Sounds actually more relatable villain than whatever all the villains we had in Awakening.

(Also haven't I been requested to play POR by a certain friend of mine, I wonder when I'll get any inspiration to do so...)

(That Roy-comic had me laughing for 10 mins straight.)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like Marvel, but not in a competitive level. Then again, I don't like Smash in a competitive level either. Too much "ban this, ban that" for my tastes.

And the bugs, which should be banned, aren't. lel
Heh. In my prime I was told I could place high in tourneys despite not understanding the infinites and not having the extreme dexterity required.

dem bugs, they advance the meta

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I did Cherche/Gregor in my most recent playthrough and was pleasantly surprised. I think that's who I finally truly ship w/ Cherche.

I really need to play Path of Radiance. I want to a lot. But it's damn expensive. And if I want to homebrew my old non-U Wii then I'll need an external hard drive. Decisions, decisions.

Hong

The Strongest
wat is dis game and why should i get it
It's a really awesome concept that takes the best of 80s CRPGs, introduces some modern refinements and conveniences, and tries to preserve much of the gruelling difficulty that made those games feel so rewarding. It's all packaged in beautiful aesthetics and my favourite soundtrack on the system.
Or just wait for the New 3DS to come out which will definitely be able to handle both since it can apparently handle Xenoblade.
That's the idea.
I did Cherche/Gregor in my most recent playthrough and was pleasantly surprised. I think that's who I finally truly ship w/ Cherche.

I really need to play Path of Radiance. I want to a lot. But it's damn expensive. And if I want to homebrew my old non-U Wii then I'll need an external hard drive. Decisions, decisions.
They were meant for each other, story-wise. I love the history that they were both unaware of.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Heh. In my prime I was told I could place high in tourneys despite not understanding the infinites and not having the extreme dexterity required.

dem bugs, they advance the meta
I sometimes have extreme dexterity playing games. The main one I can think of (if I'm using an ACTUAL controller) is Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack. :D

Glad I bought it years ago. It was one of several RPG's recommended to me for the Gamecube, along with Tales of Symphonia. At least my copy of Path of Radiance still works, but I just don't find it nearly as fun as Radiant Dawn. :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
137 hours on Awakening.

Sadly lags hard behind New Leaf + Both Pokemon White 2 and X. Told ya it tries to be Pokemon but just doesn't have the depth.

I still have this soft-modded Wii functioning since 3 years. Just need to buy a new GCN-controller from Gamestop, the last one broke rather quick, it seems.

(I wanna see a sequel where Lucina takes on Robin for trying to get on her pants and sends him back to his dimension of NEET and lonely bachelor life. )

Hong

The Strongest
So, besides Robin, who else are you folks interested in?

Right now Robin seems to be the best character for my itch, but I also watch to try Link, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt. They all seem to offer a strong ranged game, something I look for in a character. It is extremely likely I'll be sticking with Robin, but I'll need to try all four of them extensively to be sure.

After I have settled on a main, I always like to have a strong heavyweight as a backup. When it comes to competitive play, I don't play to the match; I play to the set. So with that said, I like to have a strong contrast to my main that's hard to adapt to. I play Bowser in Melee (because no one knows what the **** to do), and am hoping to play Charizard in Smash 4.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Right now Robin seems to be the best character for my itch, but I also watch to try Link, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt. They all seem to offer a strong ranged game, something I look for in a character. It is extremely likely I'll be sticking with Robin, but I'll need to try all four of them extensively to be sure.

After I have settled on a main, I always like to have a strong heavyweight as a backup. When it comes to competitive play, I don't play to the match; I play to the set. So with that said, I like to have a strong contrast to my main that's hard to adapt to. I play Bowser in Melee (because no one knows what the **** to do), and am hoping to play Charizard in Smash 4.
Who do you think? :4charizard:

I'm also interested in trying out the Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Bowser, R.O.B., and Zelda, just so you know.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Robin and Bowser Jr/Koopalings man. Those are straight up the most hype for me. But we'll see. I didn't expect to like Lucas as much as I did in Brawl, so it comes down to how they play more than the character itself.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Mega Man is the only other newcomer I'm even remotely interested in playing. I'll play every newcomer, obviously, but not often.

Well, maybe Duck Hunt. Although I really wanted Lip for an obscure retro type of rep, I did play Duck Hunt when I was a kid (even though the game outdates me by six years :p) and Duck Hunt kinda looks fun to play.

Otherwise, I'll stick with my existing characters. Marth/Lucina, Sonic, maybe some Diddy Kong, Luigi, Ganondorf (hopefully he's better than in Brawl), and Link.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For once I'm deviating away from my zoning archetype when I say that :4lucina: is my set in stone main. Of course, :4robinf: is my intended second main due to wanting to remain adept at said zoning archetype.

And there are 2 characters I plan to use separately:

-:4samus: since she's said to improve and Metroid remains my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Duck Hunt because Dalmatian alt I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF DALMATIANS

And it's actually a milestone for me; it's the first fighting game I play for a long time and in a long time where my mains are predominantly female(yes I'm using :4robinf:). Most of my mains are or were male(Snake, Mewtwo, Colonel Radec, Zeus, Dormammu, Doctor Doom, Wesker, Ares, Joker), so it's an interesting change.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Well, since he's the only one of my 3 most played Brawl characters left, I'll certainly check out Ike :4myfriends: early on. Mega Man :4megaman: is another char high up on my list.
I'm also looking forward to: :4shulk::4sonic::4charizard::4dedede::ganondorf::rosalina::4palutena::4samus::4littlemac::4link:and to a slightly lesser extend: The entire rest of the cast.
Honestly I might end up loving any of the characters if they play well.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Ah, I should try Ike again as well. Good idea, Drakonis. He's looking a lot faster than he was in Brawl.

Interestingly enough, Ness was originally my 64 main. I played him not long after the game released, and up until Melee shipped, I played him for years. Unfortunately, when I returned to the 64 scene, I found Ness to be way too easy to shut-down in competitive play. Even my Link has a better shot against competitive-grade Falcons.

So with that said, I want to see if Ness is any good this time, as well. I figure @MaskO'Gears will be trying Ness as well?

PK Gaming

Smash Lord

In addition to Robin, I plan on maining Pit and Shulk. Both have incredibly appealing movesets, and i'm also a fan of their respective characters.

It seems that I have penchant for using sword wielding young bishies

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ah, I should try Ike again as well. Good idea, Drakonis. He's looking a lot faster than he was in Brawl.

Interestingly enough, Ness was originally my 64 main. I played him not long after the game released, and up until Melee shipped, I played him for years. Unfortunately, when I returned to the 64 scene, I found Ness to be way too easy to shut-down in competitive play. Even my Link has a better shot against competitive-grade Falcons.

So with that said, I want to see if Ness is any good this time, as well. I figure @MaskO'Gears will be trying Ness as well?
Lol, I forgot about Ike. The FE characters, ironically enough, have always been some of my most-liked playables in Smash. As a whole, FE in general has been my favorite franchises for new playable characters (based on how they play), even though prior to Melee I had no knowledge of the franchise whatsoever.

Granted, I grew to like Ike as a character long before I got Brawl. I had both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn before Brawl came out (well, I got Radiant Dawn shortly before Brawl, as I recall).

EDIT: And Pokemon has been universally my least favorite franchise. I hate the recoveries and can never get used to playing as them, and I just don't like Pokemon in general.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope to pair Robin with Villager, perhaps with the former for 1 on 1 and the latter with anything item- or group-related.
Robin mostly for the set-up + some keep-away and low combo game until ready to either kill with Levin Sword and then / or gimp recoveries with Thunder or Arcthunder. Villager again for plowing through teams through timber after random damage accumulation and having amazing off-stage game in 1 vs 1s. Sometimes the need for the KO:ing regularly is minimal to me due this.
Palutena is the defensive side of my trio, with more better gameplay around the trope than Zelda can wish for.

Others I wanna try are Lemmy, Greninja and Shulk. Also Lucina if she seems more fit to me than Marth. Yoshi and Sheik are catching my interest again to use them, they look so good. I also have most other old mains like Peach, Kirby, Pikachu, Pit and so on.

D

Deleted member

First is my eternal main (and favorite video game character) Luigi. Seeing some of his buffs and the new physics of the game will definitely help me set up some juggles and combos.
Second is Pit. After playing as him in Project M and seeing as how they changed him in this game, I am curious as to how he plays in this iteration. The new Pit looks interesting from what I've seen this far.
Third is Shulk. I'm curious how the Monado Arts are and his range is absolutely huge. He'll be hard to master, but I'll at least try!
I'll try to main Robin and see if I can create some crafty tactics with his limited weapon usage. I'm already interested in his magic swordsman niche he fills and I'm impressed by how Robin can use the Bronze Sword to juggle/combo people.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I'm most interested in giving Lucina a go. In the last year I've utterly fallen in love with Marth's moveset, and Fire Emblem as a whole for that matter, so I'm looking forward to seeing how different (or the same) that Lucina feels to play in comparison to Marth. On top of that, I just love her as a character, and habitually pick my mains more so based off what characters I love than who may or may not be "good" (though I'm thinking Lucina is going to be pretty decent this game ;)).

Following her though, It's basically all the other Fire Emblem reps, Metroid reps, Kid Icarus reps, and then Rosalina. Maybe some Dr. Mario too, just for old times sake.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The thing with Lucina is, I think I'd rather play as her than Marth... but one of the reasons I LIKE Marth is because of his tipper. Lucina not having the tipper may actually turn me away from playing as her, but I'll still try her out.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Right now I'm interested in playing as Shulk for a certainty...As for the others? I guess maybe Rosalina, Dark Pit, and ZSS, but I might change my mind once I get my hands on the game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Shulk, Duck Hunt, Sheik, Palutena, Ludwig, Dark Pit, and Wii Fit Trainer. Of the character I was able to play anyway.

Shulk's sword has absurd range and I really like the concept of his Nspecial, though I wish it was easier to navigate.

Duck Hunt was tons of fun and had good range and a surprisingly good combo game.

Sheik was amazing. She feels a lot like she does in Melee and Project M and I'll probably end up subbing her.

I need to explore Palutena more and it will depend on how the competitive community will treat custom moves but I liked what I got to explore of her.

Ludwig (Bowser Jr.) I didn't get a good feel but the whole mech concept is intriguing.

Dark Pit has a fantastic look red alternate.

Wii Fit Trainer is tons of fun.

There are still more character I need to try though that still interest me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I was worried that Lucina having the same power through her Falchion would mean she would have a hard time killing since that inevitably meant more nerfs.

Then I saw her kill a Sheik at 78% on Yoshi's with a Usmash.

I'm not worried anymore.

As for other characters, Sonic. He looks so fun and fluid like he did in Brawl, so I'm game for that.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Ike's english VA is arguably the worst in the entire game

"I fight for my friends"

Jesus christ
Are you talking trash about the objectively best quote in Smash Bros. history? :ike::4myfriends:

There's a reason the markup for Ike's Smash 4 emote is "4myfriends", you know.

:troll:

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Watch Chrom suffer!

And by "Chrom", I just meant his voice actor. He actually handled it better than others have, considering that was a ghost pepper and his first exposure to hot peppers in general.

Must have been RNG-blessed on Res, Chrom considering. :4robinf:
hong i didn't know u were attracted to video game characters :troll:
No.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Watch Chrom suffer!

And by "Chrom", I just meant his voice actor. He actually handled it better than others have, considering that was a ghost pepper and his first exposure to hot peppers in general.

Must have been RNG-blessed on Res, Chrom considering. :4robinf:

No.
dont worry im just messing with you :troll:

Poor Mercer. Hot peppers suck.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Are you talking trash about the objectively best quote in Smash Bros. history? :ike::4myfriends:

There's a reason the markup for Ike's Smash 4 emote is "4myfriends", you know.

:troll:
It's mostly the delivery of the line that bugs me. He should have said "I fight for those that I must protect" like in the japanese version, but I digress.

Top Bottom