• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You know this for sure or are you just going off the German website?
'Cause that might not be correct. Some other official German sources call him Robin. Like the e-Shop reveal trailer.
I'm hoping that "Daraen" on the German page was just an oversight they never bothered to fix. Like the broken Soundtrack CD link.

I'm actually kinda surprised that male Robin doesn't "time to tip the scales!" with gusto like he did in the trailer.
But eh, female Robin still says it right and his quote is pretty close, so I don't really mind.
Well, i saw some German Let's players play the sudo-release build , they were invited to a Nintendo event for that. Everything was translated to German, but the announcer still said Daraen, even though it is Robin in German too. And according the the player, the guys from Nintendo said it wouldn't be changed.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, i saw some German Let's players play the sudo-release build , they were invited to a Nintendo event for that. Everything was translated to German, but the announcer still said Daraen, even though it is Robin in German too. And according the the player, the guys from Nintendo said it wouldn't be changed.
Well, I'd really like to hear their reasons. I can't think of a single one why they would do this unless they made a mistake early on and didn't want to admit it.
I just hate how inconsistent it is with all the correctly translated Pokémon and such.
And, you know, the character is actually called Robin. Just slap the English announcer voice over it, change the strings and presto.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Still think Reflet was fine as it was, to begin with. :084:
Well, apparently we Germans get neither of the two names I wouldn't mind. >.<
Honestly considering setting my 3DS XL to English when I get it. I'd rather live with playing like I had an internationally traded Charizard and Greninja instead of playing a weird street-pass version of Robin.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, I'd really like to hear their reasons. I can't think of a single one why they would do this unless they made a mistake early on and didn't want to admit it.
I just hate how inconsistent it is with all the correctly translated Pokémon and such.
And, you know, the character is actually called Robin. Just slap the English announcer voice over it, change the strings and presto.
The character is actually called Reflet originally :p He is Robin in English and German, Daraen in French, Italian and Spanish. I don't know what he is called in other languages, but i presume that they were like "In Europe he is called Daraen in most versions, so lets stay with that." Actually, if you go to the German smashbros-website, he is called Daraen under his newcomerbanner : http://www.smashbros.com/de/ . Oh well, i actually mind none of these names, and at least there won't be annoying "Batman Robin" jokes over here :bee:

If you want the source though, watch Smash video 1 from Suishomaru, maybe i just midunderstood what he was saying.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If you want the source though, watch Smash video 1 from Suishomaru, maybe i just midunderstood what he was saying.
I just watched it. He plays the German version and the announcer says Daraen, so that's pretty much that.
Actually, I'm fairly certain that German Daraen is just an oversight on their part they never bothered to fix. After all, British Robin is still Robin. Or some of the translators liked Daraen more and unwisely decided to change it for the German version.
Unless they patch it to use the English announcer for Robin - which I kinda doubt but they did something similiar in Brawl where one character used the English announcer for some reason - I guess they'll just leave it this way. Ngh...
Oh well, I'll live. I'll see weither I'l get used to Daraen or switch to English.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I just watched it. He plays the German version and the announcer says Daraen, so that's pretty much that.
Actually, I'm fairly certain that German Daraen is just an oversight on their part they never bothered to fix. After all, British Robin is still Robin. Or some of the translators liked Daraen more and unwisely decided to change it for the German version.
Unless they patch it to use the English announcer for Robin - which I kinda doubt but they did something similiar in Brawl where one character used the English announcer for some reason -I guess they'll just leave it this way. Ngh...
Oh well, I'll live. I'll see weither I'l get used to Daraen or switch to English.
What i want the most actually is being able to switch the voiceover to freaking japanese. Most of the cast just sounds so much better :<

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'm always a fan of more options for the player.
I personally wouldn't care for the Japanese Smash cast since I know all the characters with their English voices... and can't understand Japanese. ;)
But for those who'd rather hear the original cast it'd be a great option, I agree.

Hong

The Strongest
As someone who can understand both, I'll say that the Japanese version of Brawl quite destroyed the English version as far as voice casting goes.

Now we have a few nice excellent voices for the English cast... That is part of why I am making a fuss over them keeping some of the IMO sucky voice cast. They can get like 20? 30? some voice actors for Awakening... a title that had to ship 300k copies to break even. You'd figure being able to fly in some better talent for Smash wouldn't be that big of a deal, for them.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I look at Ike's VA as made to be cheesy, and not a huge fault of his voice actor. There is no one that could make "I fight for my friends" cool, at least without it being ironic as well.

However, you should keep and rerecord Ike's voice actor, even if his skills aren't up to par, because they were used in FE10. If this game is a reflection of Nintendo's history, you should keep the voice as long as possible. Of course, I don't pay attention if this is true for other characters.

Female Robin does appear to have a different voice actress, which is disappointing to me. I really wish Robin was in the 3DS demo.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I look at Ike's VA as made to be cheesy, and not a huge fault of his voice actor. There is no one that could make "I fight for my friends" cool, at least without it being ironic as well.

However, you should keep and rerecord Ike's voice actor, even if his skills aren't up to par, because they were used in FE10. If this game is a reflection of Nintendo's history, you should keep the voice as long as possible. Of course, I don't pay attention if this is true for other characters.

Female Robin does appear to have a different voice actress, which is disappointing to me. I really wish Robin was in the 3DS demo.
Doesn't really matter to that :4robinf: has a different VA. I prefer :4robinm: anyways.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Well for me, I mainly used the third Robin form in Awakening, so I'm not really attached to second voice, but it's the principle. I never like when voice actors get unnecessarily replaced.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No, I'm pretty certain that Michelle Ruff is still voicing her. F!Robin has the same grunts and screams as she did in Awakening with the type 1 voice. It only seems a little different because 1. she has had new lines recorded for this game, and 2. it's been at least two years since she provided her voice for the character, so things might have changed since then.

Also, I haven't heard anything about this new VA, only the fact that David Vincent and Michelle Ruff are reprising their roles as Robin.

Hong

The Strongest
Gosh. Awakening would have been much simpler if they just had the Monado.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Robin needs no Monado. Has a vision about his best friend dying without it and uses the knowledge to change the outcome first try. :4robinm::4robinf:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The visions certainly would have helped, but the Monado itself would have been fairly useless as a weapon considering that the vast majority of enemies in that game are people.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin needs no Monado. Has a vision about his best friend dying without it and uses the knowledge to change the outcome first try. :4robinm::4robinf:
Robin probably let Chrom die the first time on purpose, anyway. :4robinf:
The visions certainly would have helped, but the Monado itself would have been fairly useless as a weapon considering that the vast majority of enemies in that game are people.
Not MY Monado.:4robinf:

D

Deleted member

The Monado would make every unit untouchable! Use it and every unit will be incredibly broken!

Robin probably let Chrom die the first time on purpose, anyway.
I know I would. He would fall and I would become the new Exalt of Ylisse! PERFECT!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Galeforced Morgan holding the Monado that can see the enemy's next move and can change his stats at any time.

Game breaker to the max. I need that for my Lunatic playthrough :4dedede:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
No, I'm pretty certain that Michelle Ruff is still voicing her. F!Robin has the same grunts and screams as she did in Awakening with the type 1 voice. It only seems a little different because 1. she has had new lines recorded for this game, and 2. it's been at least two years since she provided her voice for the character, so things might have changed since then.

Also, I haven't heard anything about this new VA, only the fact that David Vincent and Michelle Ruff are reprising their roles as Robin.
That's great news. I thought it was different based on the trailer, but I'm glad that it isnt.
Wasn't Awakening already too simple?

D

Deleted member

The Monado would make every opposing unit untouchable, yes. :troll:
[collapse=Xenoblade spoilers]Well then...
BRB I'm going to a floating island to be able to touch opposing units.[/collapse]

Yes, but we need to make it simpler. This will be for the REALLY new players. Easy difficulty will only have the boss unit on the screen and every item has unlimited uses. The Monado is there so that nothing can hit you.

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But then the Ninka/Vaanrose dragon came along and ate up the rest of the world's population...D:

But at least Robin made it out alive, right?
It's kind of a pity that before we even got another newcomer after Robin killed off the Gematsu leak and restored hope to speculation, that roster leak came along and spoiled the whole thing.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Robin probably let Chrom die the first time on purpose, anyway.
Obviously. Can't marry his daughter from the future if you don't set up the situation that would force her to go back in time in the first place.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I just checked my playtime on Awakening and I've clocked in over 170 hours. That's as much time as I've spent in Skyrim. 0_0

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So how powerful is :4robinf: looking?
Robin's pretty good. Rather speedy attacks and Specials overall but is on the slow side in terms of movement and has good range. Overall Robin will be a good zoning character with a weak combo game but strong keep away game. Good character with defined strengths and weaknesses but the weaknesses aren't too prominent.

Unsure if I'll be maining Robin though. Don't think Robin will fit me all that well in terms of playstyle.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Obviously. Can't marry his daughter from the future if you don't set up the situation that would force her to go back in time in the first place.
Great, now I have to imagine that the whole Grima plotline was all just a setup from Robin to get into Lucina's pants.
:4robinm:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Robin looks amazing to play as. Will be the first character I'll try out when I get the game. Then I'll try Greninja.

Afterwards, I work my way to unlock Ganondorf and Dark Pit. Using Robin as many times as possible, of course. :shades:

I'm liking the alt where he wears white and has black hair. The red one seems inspired by Anna, so I might be using her too. :4robinm::4robinf:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Great, now I have to imagine that the whole Grima plotline was all just a setup from Robin to get into Lucina's pants.
With Chrom dead, none shall stop Robin from his fanfiction level love.

Robin probably let Chrom die the first time on purpose, anyway. :4robinf:
Grima did Robin's dirty work and saved him the trouble of gutting Chrom a third time. Grima, for all his jerk tendencies, is pretty helpful.

:4robinf:

I just checked my playtime on Awakening and I've clocked in over 170 hours. That's as much time as I've spent in Skyrim. 0_0
Alduin is secretly jealous of Grima's exploits. :troll:

Meanwhile, Paarthurnax doesn't give a damn and is playing Mario Kart 8 in solitude.

the joke is that Mario's VA does Paarthurnax.

Men will do anything for a good banging.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Top five 3DS games based on hours played.

1) Animal Crossing Clock - 1277:57 (It was my actual clock)
2) Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 861:22
3) Fire Emblem Awakening - 407:45 (Current file, one of many, is at over 80 hours IIRC)
4) Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - 179:30
5) Bravely Default - 139:18
So how powerful is :4robinf: looking?
I don't think Robin will ever be bad, if that helps. She has attacks that come out fast and the Levin Sword in particular hits reasonable hard. I won't say if she is good or not until at least three months after the Wii U release.
Theatrical simplicity, my dear.

Top Bottom