• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Yeash. All these sad blurry photographs of trophies of former veterans and highly-coveted potential newcomers.

In some awful alternate universe, that could have been Robin. :104:

I'll admit, there is some remorse to be had with Mewtwo and Wolf. They were just so cool and unique. I wonder what grand design the director has that would prioritize other characters... like R.O.B. or Jigglypuff, over them.
I don't want to think about that universe. It would be one full of sadness and despair... and we might even see a certain blue haired lord on the roster.

I am a bit upset that those two didn't make it. I guess R.O.B. out prioritized them since he is important in Nintendo's history (he saved gaming from the video game crash, after all) while Jigglypuff... umm... I guess because of tradition?

What i find funny is that Robin ends his/her Final Smash with Bolganone apparently, at least thats what i hear him/her shouting at the very end.
That's pretty awesome!
...Hey Robin, can you use that tome in battle and not just in a Final Smash, please?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What i find funny is that Robin ends his/her Final Smash with Bolganone apparently, at least thats what i hear him/her shouting at the very end.
Robin knows me and my waif's (Lissa) signature tome. Uses it in his Final Smash as a finisher.

I luv you.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm glad Robin is in, definitely makes me a helluva more hyped to get the game, but I'm a bit sad that none of the other things I wanted from the game were fulfilled, and I'm definitely not fond of the Melee styled clones in the slightest. Ah well, can't wait to try out his tome oriented playstyle on the WiiU version. Also @ Hong Hong
Ah, nunchuk. Good to see you. Cheers.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Info from my guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/razieks-robin-research-room-repository.365233/

Down-B (Nosferatu): Fortunately, I already have all 3 versions of this one!

The basic idea is that Robin creates a dark vortex in front of him. If the vortex hits the opponent, Robin 'warps' next to them and leeches life from them while they are stuck in a 'pain animation', so to speak. He also heals based on the amount of damage he does, healing additional damage if he hits them from the back.

I'm PRETTY SURE this is a grab, and thus can't be shielded. It can be mashed out of to reduce the damage taken. It can be used while airborne, and has a generous vertical catch-box. This will be the basis of a lot of Robin's platform traps.

All damage numbers listed are with no mashing by the CPU.

NosferaOne: 15 damage, 13 healing (front). 15 damage, 16 healing (back). The Vortex spawns right in front of Robin, fairly quickly.

NosferaTwo: 11 damage, 6 healing (front). 11 damage, 7 healing (back). NosferaTwo trades a big buff in range for damage. You can grab from almost double the range, though it gains a dead-zone in the original grab space. It also has slightly more start-up.

NosferaThree: 20 damage, 0 healing. NosferaThree ditches the healing aspect of the move entirely, but gains a huge buff in range and damage. The grab-box is about double the size of the normal move, and has a wind-box that pulls nearby opponents into it during its start-up period.

Up-B (Elwind-o): Elwind is Robin's recovery tool. He shoots two wind-blasts below him, propelling him upwards along with it.

Elwind1: 5%, 6%. Total of 11% if you hit both blasts. Shoots both blasts below, first giving a slight hop, second giving a large one. Takes you from the middle of BF to just slightly above the top platform.

Elwind2: <Haven't unlocked it yet>

Elwind 3: 4% (first), 3% (second). Shoots one blast diagonally downwards behind him, giving him a large boost forward on about a 30 degree angle, followed by a short vertical second hop.
Still working on unlocking the others.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
His/her final smash looks great especially with Chrom as a part of it. At least he's still in the game, which is enough to make me feel completely satisfied.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

English Dual Strike!

So Robin uses Bolgagone at the final hit!

And Chrom actually layers in his "Dual Strike" if his iconic quote "We're not done yet!" is any indication.

There's not enough words to express just how much I like this Final Smash. Move over Aether, we have new champions in town.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've emerged from the bunkers.

And I'm glad to see that not only is Robin playable, but that she is a very good character to use. Also, I wasn't sure if F!Robin's VA was replaced by another actress, but after watching the stream I can safely say that she is indeed still voiced by Michelle Ruff.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

English Dual Strike!

So Robin uses Bolgagone at the final hit!

And Chrom actually layers in his "Dual Strike" if his iconic quote "We're not done yet!" is any indication.

There's not enough words to express just how much I like this Final Smash. Move over Aether, we have new champions in town.
Did he just say "You're not ready yet?"

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Robin confirmed to have run out of shade to throw on people. Trades one from Pit and also borrows one from Ike.

I kinda find his "Let's tip the scales"-taunt bit underwhelming though. The female one sounds more enthutiastic.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Japanese Marth. :054:
Well, his appearance is based on his look in FE12, which wasn't released outside of Japan.

I suppose that's the reason why he continues to speak only Japanese.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Well, his appearance is based on his look in FE12, which wasn't released outside of Japan.

I suppose that's the reason why he continues to speak only Japanese.
Reasons are not always reasonable.

Should have given us English voice acting and the option to pick and choose.

D

Deleted member

Well, we got scale tipping in there, so I'm happy. :)
Well, it wouldn't be the same if Robin didn't reference his famous quote! :laugh:

Robin confirmed to have run out of shade to throw on people. Trades one from Pit and also borrows one from Ike.

I kinda find his "Let's tip the scales"-taunt bit underwhelming though. The female one sounds much enthutiastic.
I have to agree on this one, though. I loved how passionate Robin was during his critical hit quotes in Awakening.

Reasons are not always reasonable.

Should have given us English voice acting and the option to pick and choose.
I would still choose Japanese Marth. Not because I'm used to it, but because I love to spam his down taunt. :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
I think it's a tradition now that Marth talks in Japanese in Smash... in fact, can't imagine him talking English in any form...
Tradition is always a dumb reason for doing things, though. A decision should always have an assessment towards whether or not a certain course of action is correct or ideal. Doing things the way they have always been done has been enough of a cancer for the human race.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tradition is always a dumb reason for doing things, though. A decision should always have an assessment towards whether or not a certain course of action is correct or ideal. Doing things the way they have always been done has been enough of a cancer for the human race.
Erm... "Don't fix what ain't broken?"

Well I just wish we don't get unfitting english voice acting on Marth. Or a big base divider one. I dunno.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think it's a tradition now that Marth talks in Japanese in Smash... in fact, can't imagine him talking English in any form...
What about the English OVA of the first Fire Emblem, featuring Spike Spencer as Marth?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Erm... "Don't fix what ain't broken?"

Well I just wish we don't get unfitting english voice acting on Marth. Or a big base divider one. I dunno.
That saying is something people like to say, but it is not at all an effective outlook. Otherwise, we'd still be riding around on horses and getting our water out of a well.

And again, if you could just pick and choose your voice actor per character like Street Fighter IV, it would not be a problem.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Right

Smash 3DS has voice acting from 2008. The voice acting direction for this game is awful.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Right

Smash 3DS has voice acting from 2008. The voice acting direction for this game is awful.
I dunno. Aside from Bowser still having a dogsaur voice and DK/Diddy sound like real life animals, the voice acting is fine.

I am glad Marth still talks in Japanese. He wouldn't feel like Marth otherwise, imo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That saying is something people like to say, but it is not at all an effective outlook. Otherwise, we'd still be riding around on horses and getting our water out of a well.

And again, if you could just pick and choose your voice actor per character like Street Fighter IV, it would not be a problem.
Well that's a good point. At the end though I don't want this to ruin my enjoyment to the game. It's pretty good already anyway and the voice acting here doesn't detriment from the game (despite being recycled to the veterans). But I always would love more options.
What about the English OVA of the first Fire Emblem, featuring Spike Spencer as Marth?

Eeh, not too big fan of it. Many wouldn't be either IMO.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
I dunno. Aside from Bowser still having a dogsaur voice and DK/Diddy sound like real life animals, the voice acting is fine.

I am glad Marth still talks in Japanese. He wouldn't feel like Marth otherwise, imo.
Hearing Mario, Ike, Peach, ect old voice clips has been incredibly jarring for me.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm not at all fond of the English Ike or Meta Knight. Meta Knight in particular had a really cool voice actor for the Japanese version. The same one from the anime, no less.

I don't have any problems with any of the new voice actors so far.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, at least american people get to keep "their" MU's name. Just found out Robin will be called Daraen in my (the european) version of smash X) Well, he IS called that in Italian, Spanish and French versions of the game...why they would take that over the "normal" western MU name i don't know though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, at least american people get to keep "their" MU's name. Just found out Robin will be called Daraen in my (the european) version of smash X) Well, he IS called that in Italian, Spanish and French versions of the game...why they would take that over the "normal" western MU name i don't know though.
You know this for sure or are you just going off the German website?
'Cause that might not be correct. Some other official German sources call him Robin. Like the e-Shop reveal trailer.
I'm hoping that "Daraen" on the German page was just an oversight they never bothered to fix. Like the broken Soundtrack CD link.

I'm actually kinda surprised that male Robin doesn't "time to tip the scales!" with gusto like he did in the trailer.
But eh, female Robin still says it right and his quote is pretty close, so I don't really mind.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Man Robin is so goooooooood. Like seriously Arcfire has to be one of the most versatile moves in the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Double Post
Man Robin is so goooooooood. Like seriously Arcfire has to be one of the most versatile moves in the game.
Defense, general zoning, pressure, combos...

Yeah.

Your opinion is wrong :p fRobin is better in just about everything. :drshrug:
F! Robin gets to see Chrom naked.

Totally better. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom