• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I'd really hate to see one of Robin's potential custom moves be taken up with yet another generic counter move. But that's just me, I suppose.
I actually suggested that as a joke. Mostly because I wanted to Robin pimp slap someone with a tome.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Project M exists for Mewtwo, until the Wii U version with him, Riddles, Chorus Men, Dixie, Ice Climbers, and, hopefully, Snake.
Until Nintendo officially confirms DLC or the Wii U version having separate rosters, I am not getting my hopes up. I already got Robin and I don't need to go through the stress of hoping against all odds again.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
There are a few things I'm disappointing about these palettes. Robin not getting 16 palettes, but Little Mac getting extra 8 due to Wire Frame, and his Blue alt. not having the common dark blue hair otherwise known as "Lord Hair". Minor pet peeves, that'll hopefully get over, but still pet peeves, none the less.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
@ Hong Hong Nice format. *Yoink cuz I'm Gaius*

:GCB:
1. Thunder (standard)
2. Second Seal- Robin's charges momentarily then "changes class", replacing his Levin Sword with another random weapon for the duration of one weapon usage (until it breaks I mean, not one swing).
-Bolt Axe: More powerful than the Levin Sword, but with less charges. Also causes double cooldown when it breaks.
-Gradivus: Significantly more range than the Levin Sword, but also quite a bit weaker. Same amount of charges and cooldown.
-Sleep Staff: Causes extra hitstun, and if an opponent is hit three times in a row with the Sleep Staff, they go into a shortened shield break animation. Much lower knockback than the Levin Sword.
3. Dragonskin: After a short charge, grants Robin super armor during smash attacks (Think PM Bowser). This only lasts for a single smash attack though, so use it wisely.

:GCB::GCR:
1. Arcfire (standard)
2. Mire: Shoots straight out, rather than at an angle like Arcfire. Goes until it hits a wall or goes offscreen (unlimited range basically). No lingering hitbox if it makes contact.
3. Mjolnir: Drops a large hammer that slowly falls from the top of the screen at a set distance away from Robin. The hammer does a butt load of damage if it hits but is hard to land. Could probably throw opponents into it or Nosferatu Grab release shenanigans. Also this has really cool lightning effects on it, because its my second favorite spell.

:GCB::GCD:
1. Nosferatu (standard)
2. Docnado Tornado: Clearly a completely original idea, and not inspired by Doctor Mario's down b in anyway. Robin surrounds himself in a tornado, then flies upwards if used from the ground, downwards if used in the air. Multiple weak hits with low priority and is beaten by projectiles.
3. Meteor: Robin summons a meteor directly above himself that quickly falls downward. Multiple weak hitboxes behind the actual rock part of the meteor. Strong meteor smash with the Dwayne Johnson Rock.

:GCB::GCU:
Elwind (standard)
Ignis- Swipes beneath himself with the Levin Sword. The air crackles with lightning, then explodes, sending Robin upwards. Can be steered.
Valflame - Shoots a steady jet of flame from her hand to ascend. Good vertical lift, but more predictable trajectory. I like this one but I would say Valflame is too strong to be just a rocket. Dying Blaze makes more sense because it just kinda peters out after a little while and an animation where it kind of sputters at the end sounds pretty funny to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Until Nintendo officially confirms DLC or the Wii U version having separate rosters, I am not getting my hopes up. I already got Robin and I don't need to go through the stress of hoping against all odds again.
Technically, it wouldn't be having a separate roster, it's just you'd need to link both the games together to get the whole thing. :ohwell:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I see. Lack of a Monk subclass is the first thing that jumped to mind, but your reasoning makes total sense.

I myself am not sure if I'll ever play EOIII again, until the inevitable remake, anyways. The new classes and the sailing is just a bit too off-beat for my liking. Not bad by any means, but I absolutely adore EOI and IV so much that those are my go-tos for a labyrinth-exploring fixing.
I don't think I could ever get myself to play EO1 or EO2 ever. EO3 is hard enough to try and play as is, my first EO was 4 then I next played Untold and I am spoiled on all the conveniences those games offered. The reason I keep trying to play through EO3 is in fact the classes. They're so different from the other games and there are just so many different things I want o try out.

Monk subclass seems rather redundant on a Princess when you already have a Monk main and the lack of Form Qi. Monk/Prince would be totally better but I didn't feel the need to do that when I have both a main Monk and Princess.

I also still need to play through EOU classic mode, only played through story so far, but have stayed away from doing that for having a really hard deciding what I want to do with a party. For some reason I dislike the Protector class but I know the Protector is a must have if only for the walls but I just don't care for how the rest of it works.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
I like blue robin XD i make an image of robin on his blue outfill, and he looks very well

Hong

The Strongest
Roy's overrated anyways.
He has 0 reason to exist. Fans of the character from source material should always have precedence over fans who just know him from a spin-off. As for fans who actually liked his game, I can easily say I am of a small minority, and even then there is no way I would ever want him in Smash Bros again.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He has 0 reason to exist. Fans of the character from source material should always have precedence over fans who just know him from a spin-off. As for fans who actually liked his game, I cane easily say I am of a small minority, and even then there is no way I would ever want him in Smash Bros again.
Those damn elitists want him back.

:4dedede:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He has 0 reason to exist. Fans of the character from source material should always have precedence over fans who just know him from a spin-off. As for fans who actually liked his game, I cane easily say I am of a small minority, and even then there is no way I would ever want him in Smash Bros again.
Hey hey HEY now. Roy comes from a pretty great generation, and honestly had enough reference material to be his own character as well; a sword which emitted flames on every swing, a dragon-god killer and strikes/flames that scaled with one's heart (able to strike but not kill targets he had compassion for). FE6/FE7 were the gateway games for the Western audience and were heavily popular in a scale of size to Awakening is now, heavily overshadowing both FE8 and to most people the Ike generation, and were still seen as the better portable generation for the two Marth game remakes.

I suppose Ike being the fiya covers a bit of the niche. Like, if Marth still got revealed now to have a Roy alternate skin, I'd be fine with it (imagine if it was Lucina instead with the Roy alternate, lol).

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
honestly had enough reference material to be his own character as well; a sword which emitted flames on every swing, a dragon-god killer
So... Ike?

FE6/FE7 were the gateway games for the Western audience and were heavily popular in a scale of size to Awakening is now, heavily overshadowing both FE8 and to most people the Ike generation, and were still seen as the better portable generation for the two Marth game remakes.
7 sure, but 6 never came out in the west. As such, other than those who download an emulator, the west knows him from Melee and the one epilogue scene from the 7 credits, where I don't recall if he was even named. And no other western Fire Emblem has matched Awakening in popularity.

Like, if Marth still got revealed now to have a Roy alternate skin, I'd be fine with it (imagine if it was Lucina instead with the Roy alternate, lol).
Then you're okay with it? He has a Roy coloring, just keeps his own head/hair.

Folt

Smash Ace
So your argument is... misinterpreting my post in facetious ways two and a half times?
Roy was a very negligible part of Blazing Sword, and not everyone could understand Japanese at the time so FE6 info (y'know, the game that Roy actually was a big part of) were mostly through people who did know it until the translation patch came out. A big part of Roy's popularity in Smash was because he was in, well, Smash.

Folt

Smash Ace
Well, no matter, White Mage Robin will be used because of swag, Default!Robin because Default!Robin, and Green!Robin will be used because green is my favorite color (and he somehow manages to look rather similiar to the first character I made for an FE RP).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't deny that. An FE7 inclusion would definitely be more relevant than Roy (Hector would've made me drop my **** more than anything other than a mage: thank god we got a mage). But I wouldn't say he has "0 reason to exist".
Edit: And to clarify I meant Roy representing that generation, and that generation (i.e. FE6/FE7) being the Western gateway.
I'm one of the few people who played through those Fire Emblem games before playing Melee :o

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I used to not like Roy or appreciate him much after Melee due him being popular from Smash alone. However, after playing some of FE6 and seeing peoples' depiction on him from the source game viewpoint, I actually grew to like him and love to use him in Project M (who took time to make sure he feels unique). Heck, I think he could have been a good Elibe-rep to SSB4 if being his own character fully (or something P:M did).
As an unit though, he's kind of mediocre so far.

I think he deserves to be in future Smash-titles from Elibe-representation standpoint (I mean, Lyn's currently sole one and she's an Assist despite her popularity), and if he'd also be fully unique character than a clone. He though needs to have his source games and backstory become more known and public outside of Japan. I suggest a one sole remake chronicling the whole Elibe-saga to do that.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Speaking of Roy, I asked a friend of mine to take this picture for me:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Edit: And to clarify I meant Roy representing that generation, and that generation (i.e. FE6/FE7) being the Western gateway.
I'm one of the few people who played through those Fire Emblem games before playing Melee :o
Okay, I misinterpreted then. I thought you meant both games, rather than that "saga" in general.

Still don't see how the way I answered was facetious at all. Ike already has a flaming sword in Smash. Marth has a Roy coloring. Sure, it's not an Alph or Koopa Kids situation, but still. It is a little weird that it isn't a situation like that, but I guess they didn't feel it was right to do so without his flames, and adding flames would possibly require him to be a clone? From what I've heard (though I haven't paid much attention at all), Dark Pit's only change is aesthetic on his attacks, which would be the same as Roy if they wanted to stay true to his old self.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Roy is the new Chrom now? Damn.
No he's not.
Roy has previously gotten a chance, where as Chrom is still waiting for another day to give him his first chance. :troll:

Nah, I like Roy. I've got nothin' against him or his fans.
I love using him in Project M. :happysheep:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Pink Robin actually looks quite awesome (or maybe I am biased since my Robin is pink haired). Also, online match.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
From Zipzos Stream: Spamming Arcfire 5 times will expire the fire-tome, doing 3 Thorons will expire the thunder-tome, 4 or 5 nosferatu will expire that tome. He didn't try how many times he can use ElWind. No info on whether normal thunder will make the tome expire less fast or if they only recharge after losing the tome completely. Also, Wind and Fire jabs are NOT depending on the tome you hold so it seems like pressing ":GCA::GCA::GCA:" will trigger the fire one and ":GCA::GCA:Hold:GCA:" is the wind one. Either Elwind has many charges, or wind jab doesn't cost vulnerability, or the tomes also regenerate if you do not use them for a while.

Oh and Elwind first hit "spikes" or meteor smashes, whichever is the one that can end before being ko'd at the bottom hurtbox. Cannot say anything about the second hit of Elwind, i suspect it to meteor/spike too though.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

Pink Robin actually looks quite awesome (or maybe I am biased since my Robin is pink haired). Also, online match.
I actually really love Pink Robin now that I've seen her in motion. Don't think it'll often be the palette swap I use, but I'll definitely visit it from time to time.

Top Bottom